• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Skullgirls Encore Edition Tiers and Matchups Discussion Thread: The Revengeance

1.Peacock
2.Rest

Mayyyybe

1.Peacock
2.Bella
3.Rest
Due to how much Bella adds to a team, moreso than what she does on point

Because Peacock kills 3/4 of teams by herself and does everything and doesn't have to take the same risks as other characters while doing said everything
Every other char has good matchups and bad matchups and useful things and less useful things and a scary as shit offence and maybe meh neutral with good defence, or good neutral with meh defence
PW/BB/Squig are underrated + Other chars are a bit overrated, which makes all of them converge together into "strong"

Best team is something like Fukua/Pea/Bella or Pea/Filia/Bella, because it has 3 characters which work well together and Peacock and Bella are on the team

Some Duos are good enough to stick up against Trios, mostly Pea/ZoningAssist and FlexiblePoint/LnL

P.S. http://skullgirls.com/forums/index....hread-the-revengeance.257/page-41#post-144880

Reactions: Spencer
(Isavulpes words, not my own)

I feel before we state "Character X is S-Tier, and this other character sucks", we'd need to have a clear guideline on what actually constitutes Tier placement.

Ultimately what a Tier List *to me* reads as is: "Pick the characters at the top if you want to have the best shot at winning a tournament".
.. not necessarily the three highest ones, as their synergy might suck, but eg Double in bottom tier when she's undoubtedly a TOP contender for "Pick this character when you want to win a tournament" seems *tremendously* off to me. She might place low on a matchup chart, but on a Tier List? I don't think so.

♠♠♠

To me, a 'proper' tier list is a culmination of factors.

The first and most obvious factor are "Matchups":

The addition of "How good are you at landing a hit against X + how good are you at avoiding to get hit by X + what do you get out of hitting X + what does X get out of hitting you" provides you with a number representing "How many matches out of 100 would a top player running this character score against his clone playing X".
Buttons (hitbox-, range-, speed-, angle- and recovery-wise), Mobility Options, Mixup tools, Damage, Resets, defensive Options, Reversals, etc are tossed into a pot and stirred until one gets to a conclusion.

There are three main different ways of how matchups tend to play out:
1) 1v1
2) with common assists (eg "one lockdown, one DP")
3) with meter
For example you could go "Fukua beats Peacock in 1v1, loses when assists come into play as she then gets zoned out, is roughly equal when both are metered as Fukua gains a tremendous tool in Fireball super while Peacock doesn't really get anything".

Less obviously, you have to "Weigh the Matchups":

Winning against good characters is worth more than against bad;
Winning against common characters is worth more than against uncommon ones.

You need to further weigh the worth of the respective matchups based on how likely they are going to pop up based on the respective character positions;
- For example: Valentine having an (dis-)advantageous matchup against Double would barely matter, as Val is always run point and Double nearly always run anchor, so they are not going to end up fighting against each other much.

Bonus note: While showing up equally on a matchup chart, having two 5-5 matchups is generally preferable to having one 7-3 and one 3-7 matchup; since "just becoming good" makes you able to win every match, as opposed to people worse than you being able to win matches via counterpicks.

The third point to consider is "Team Value":

What does a character add to a team? Do they have a specific role that they fill?
This can be anything from "Great anchor due to catheads", "Strong assist choice", "Safe DHCs", "Strong Battery", or whatever.
Short: The main reasons for picking the character aside from its matchups.

In many cases -mostly when considering any character that's not the point- this is actually more relevant than their specific matchups or placement on a matchup chart.

If you want Brass Knuckle assist, it doesn't really matter whether BBand is the worst, 4th worst, or 3rd best character. You'll run him.

The fourth is "Versatility":

Tying in from the second part, how MANY of those roles does the specific character fulfill?
The worse a character is at this, the easier your overall gameplan is to shut down.
If any of your three characters can run on any spot of your team, you can DHC and Tag combo all you want, while scoffing at enemy snaps.
If you run a Valentine/Double Duo, the opponent landing an early hit and snapping in Double disrupts your entire playstyle and can win the game on the spot.

The fifth and final part is "Variance":

This is generally a part of matchup considerations, but IMO big enough to fill its own slot.
What I'm referring to is "Randomness", or the ability to completely tip the charts with raw reads.

Basically there are two different kind of matchups - safe, and risky ones.
The easiest example for a safe matchup would be if you were to clone Parasoul, and then just reduced the clone's damage output by a bit. Woop, 6-4 matchup - both characters have the same options, but one gets better reward for landing anything.
A 'risky' matchup on the other hand would be Parasoul-Filia. While pretty much every button of Parasoul's beats pretty much anything Filia attempts to do, Filia doing dumb shit and landing a random hit from a stupid Gregor can get her a win on the spot.
As an even simpler example for a risky matchup we take Solo Bella vs a Trio of choice. It is pretty clear here that in a 'perfect game' Bella is looking at a nigh insurmountable obstacle. In a real game however, sometimes the opponent will make a bad read or flat mistake, Bella mashes out a lvl3 and kills 2 characters right there.

This is of additional importance to see how to avoid being forced to fight in bad matchups and being able to create synergistic teams - eg a character who wins every matchup if they land that first hit can be put 3rd and tag-combo'd into; a character who has no issue landing hits but lacks the damage/mixup potential to really threaten their opponent can just DHC out after connecting with a stray button.

♠♠♠

I might have missed something, but this seems to be roughly what I'd use as base for evaluating tiers.

To write a proper list, we thus *IMO* need to do the following things in order:
- Create a 'universally agreed' matchup chart with definitive reasoning on every matchup, for all of the 3 cases
- Look at various Tournament say Top32s and/or create a list of decent-good players and their teams, to determine the most popular characters (100/132 people in a tourney playing Val doesn't matter when all of those 100 are Day1 players which can be beaten blindfolded with any character; 'popular' refers to 'popular amongst the tournament crowd'), then weigh the matchup chart accordingly
- Create 'Tier Lists' for Assists, DHCs, Tags (SSS+: Bella, F: Rest), Metergain, Supers, whatever; use this data to further change positions on the tier list (Double getting a rather nice boost at this spot)
- Lastly, reconsider whether characters should be placed higher or lower based on how their matchups actually play out - eg Filia has a lot of meh matchups, but when she's mostly entering the screen via Gregor DHC, that plays little to no role.

♠♠♠

I don't think I'm in a position to really write a tier list (because I'm not good enough, because I definitely have no idea about matchups of characters I don't play, and because I sorta trust in what I just outlined and I'm not doing all of that - let alone by myself), but here's some food for thought:

- Valentine might be overrated, as while being the 'perfect' point character, she's also the character the most susceptible to snaps / worst at utilizing team mechanics that aren't assists (eg a low health Parasoul can safe DHC into something and then you have anchor Parasoul regenerating red life and offering Pillar assist; a low health Valentine is probably better off just dying rather than spending two bars on getting... ..c.MK or something)
- Parasoul is seen by most as a point character - where she will most probably meet one of the following characters: Parasoul, Fortune, Peacock, Fukua, Valentine. Every single of these matchups is generally viewed as "Even at best". On the other hand, she is seen as having good matchups against Filia (unless Filia lands a single hit, and that she will if the opponent DHCs into her) and 'highly relevant' characters such as Painwheel and BigBand (+Double who she will never fight against). Does that really make a Top3 character?
- Bella is vastly underrated due to people losing against her and then going "Well I lost, but it was random! If I was better this wouldn't have happened!" as opposed to "Wow, this character is kinda good". Also, Tag. With everyone recognizing how strong of a tool it is, why does nobody seem to bother putting it on the list of things she brings to the table?
- What are Squigly's issues aside from Daisy Pusher being super shit and most of her gameplan requiring meter?

Last edited:
I'm so confused right now.
lol i was just moving it because I like the idea and if people are going to make tiers for this game, they should use this system. I was actually looking for this earlier but couldn't find it.

just do 3 tier lists

Tier list for solo characters
Tier lists for assists
Tier Lists for dhc options

These are the top three things while looking at characters

I'll just throw this out as an example

Dhc option tier list:

S- tier:
  • Hatred Install
  • Megalith array
A-Tier:
  • Catheads
  • Squigly Battle opera
  • Inferno Brigade
  • Buer overdrive
B-Tier
  • Lenny
  • Sniper(Extremely good to start of a dhc with, not to end one)
  • Ultimate showstopper
  • Daisy Pusher
  • Best friends forever
C-tier
  • Argus(Good to end a dhc with, not to start)
  • Blown Kiss(Same as argus)
  • Khepri sun(this is only noted due to it's damage, it's hard for eliza to dhc into this)
  • Super sonic jazz(with taunt)
D-Tier
  • Everything else

can we go by that criteria listed above?
lol do whatever. I just want to see tiers based on teams or something along those lines. Just as long as it is not "val pea top tier, pw bb c tier etc". We've been over best character billions of times. Lets make a tier list for teams in a team based game

As individuals (more with how they do on point as opposed to how much they bring to a team. I guess that's how Marvel lists work? I could be completely wrong.):
S: Peacock, Valentine, Fukua
A: Fortune, Bella, Filia, Parasoul
B: Everyone Else

General teams (I didn't really put too much thought into this but maybe it'll start something up. I probably shouldn't even post this but whatever.):
S: Peacock/LnL, Filia/LnL, Fukua/Lockdown or DP assist, Val/DP/Lockdown
A: X/DP assist/Hornet Bomber, Fortune/Cerecopter, Painwheel/Fiber Upper/Lockdown
B: Any decent team composition
C: Any team using Devil Horns assist

Top 4:
Fukua
Peacock/Cerebella
Filia

Mid 4:
Parasoul
Painwheel/Eliza
Fortune

Low 4:
Valentine/Double
Squigly
Big Band

Everyone is viable in this game as long as your team compositions caters and compliments to each of your characters weaknesses.
----------
Best Teams Ramblings

Fukua or Peacock or Filia/Lock N Load
^ There.

In terms of other chars...
Fortune needs Copter to play at the most optimal level, Taluda has been trying to prove the case since SDE and he kinda did but NOW its unquestionable.

Painwheel i'd honestly argue that her most viable assist is Fiber Upper. It covers that one angle that Painwheel struggles with, and its not like other characters where you get no conversion, or a bad one. J.MP flight J.MK and than maybe do a 2nd one. Done.

Uzu's team is the most optimal POINT Parasoul team. Para/LK Bomber/Copter is as optimal as it gets in terms of making the team the absolute best for Parasoul. It makes her so good. Now, if you want an overall better team that isn't too top heavy, and if your Parasoul isn't the main focus than Para/LNL/MK Bomber is the best team.

Put Beat Extend in the back somewhere it probably helps or something. Big Band is as close as it gets in terms of "CapCom, Psy, Tron" tier in this game currently imho. Its definitely not THAT bad but yeh.

Can't say anything about Eliza team compositions, i'd imagine you can just put LNL behind her and get good results. Or copter.

Squigly works with pretty much any good assist. No idea what the BEST would be. Beat Extend with her is pretty amazing though.

Valentine/Updo/Copter is the best Val team. Bella is a far better anchor than Double nowadays so it just works. Both her and Filia are amazing with Copter.

Squigly with Beat Extend is pretty incredible.

I'm just a stubborn sonnuvabitch who can't let go to my current gameplan/damage.

What does Squigly get out of BE that makes it better for her than for anyone else?

Painwheel with big band is top tier, thats all i know. Its front loaded as fuck and susceptible to snaps, but BB is far from defenseless after the snap.

Painwheel with brass does crazy damage in combos and has like the games best counter assist and covers the ground great, or pw with beat extend is BY FAR the best dp assist for her. And after that you get the awesome combo of pw damage into ssj dhc. And ssj into hatred install safe on block dhc.

Peacock doesnt counter painwheel if painwheel has brass. And painwheel with beat extend has only one counter... Peacock.. So just use brass against her.

It certainly isnt the best team in the game, but it doesnt really have counter matchups..
Even fukua is handleable with brass because it keeps her shadow point game in check, and forces her to the air fireballs that pw can charge armor through or unfly block into refly.

A: Peacock, Valentine
A-: Fukua
B: Everyone else
B-: Parasoul

Peacock destroys any team that doesn't have the explicit capacity to deal with Peacock, her zoning is stronk, assists benefit her heaps and when she gets her game going she requires very little thought to play, just flowchart through various zoning options, throw in an assist left-right or two, charge item drop go in blah blah. The only thought required to play Peacock is if you are in any range your opponent threatened as her defensive options are a little lacking, though still there.

Valentine has the ability to move around every single character's shit. Her effectiveness is only limited by the player's patience and skill. If you can identify a problem that an opponent or character is giving you, and you can use movement to work around it, you have an even matchup at worst. To absolutely maximise her ability to move around and turn her defense into aggression, assists are required but assists are required to optimise Peacock's zoning and this is a team game so fucking whatever. Requires good reactions to really optimise her neutral game. She's one of those characters that's only going to keep getting better as people themselves keep getting better.

Fukua has some similar things going for her like peacock. She requires a bit more thought to play with her zoning since she has no item drop or teleports, but she is not nearly as fucked as Peacock once people get in on her due to j.HK and j.LP canceled to j.HK or being a fantastic defensive option, her up-close frame game being great, and shadows controlling the mid range. Overall she is a very easy very strong character that can get consistent results with very little investment, and no obvious abusable weaknesses, but she's not exactly like Peacock or Valentine where she can invalidate teams or avoid every other characters shit.

Parasoul is in B tier because correct pushblocking and pbgc ruins her day far more than other characters up close, she has to rely on her fantastic buttons and sonic boom zoning to do most of her work to out-prioritise characters, but that requires much more reading, spacing, and skill than just playing the frame game/pushblock reaction game in their face that most other characters can do. She ain't bad by any means, but having a universal mechanic in the game ruin a lot of your shit is a pretty big blow.

Everyone else is kinda equal with each other all things considered.

SPECIAL MENTIONS:

Big Band is the new must-have support character.

Before Big Band existed, the tier list was determined by who could convert of of Updo the best, but now that Big Band exists, that problem no longer plagues the tier list, because it lets EVERY character convert off of it easily, so characters that couldn't convert well off of updo like painwheel or squiggly are way more viable to pick, and it controls a really large chunk of space which makes characters with good space control much better.

Because beat extend can be converted from a large amount of space, this means characters with longer normals can threaten a jumping normal into L Extend conversion from stupidly far away, like peacock j.MP j.HP confirmed into L Extend.

Reactions: Dime
I am by no means an Eliza main but I played a good while with Eliza/fortune and it's pretty good. Eliza needs a dp I feel and has no trouble at all converting from fiber. Just giving eliza a bit more credibility.

Big band is way better than people give him credit for, bella is his only real bad matchup imo (maybe fukua), and if he has an assist to cover it up, beat extend is even more annoying than it is an assist. He has good oki options and a thousand ways to get sliding knockdown, one of the best air normals in the game, a parry (it's actually gr8), SSJ makes you have to respect him a LOT, and he can kill you for free with two touches. The big problem is that people are lazy and can't go beyond brass, ssj/beat extend assist because it "gets the job done"

Reactions: ClarenceMage
double doesn't really need cat heads 1 meter. Cat heads nerfed to 2 meter which what really made her worse. all double needs now is more mobility

Once people learn to BB, shit will be real. He's already showing that he's a good character and as more and more about him gets learned he will just keep getting better and better. I think that maybe his best assist to use with him though is cerecopter... To make his beat extend safe on block... This is the team that i might go for once i learn the current trio im using well (pw/bb/dubs)

Just a note on "X character is underrated"...
You're probably right, but would you really say they're better than or on the same level as Peacock, Bella, Fortune, Filia, or Fukua? (Left out Val and Parasoul because... yeah).

what is a good character even? last year val and parasoul were top tier...

I just think that as BB gets figured out people's tier lists will change and have him higher, and we'll have more characters to consider, and then they'll be amazing, and then they'll be terrible, and then they'll be amazing again, and then peacock and bella will be low tier, and then chrisG is gonna win evo

Reactions: KhaosMuffins
You're probably right, but would you really say they're better than or on the same level as Peacock, Bella, Fortune, Filia, or Fukua? (Left out Val and Parasoul because... yeah).

I think BB has decent to good matchups against a lot of those characters, so yeah id put him up there. He certainly has problems, but the big man hits hard as fuck, has a great air normal, ridiculous reversals, good mixups and probably the top 2 assists in the game and one of the hardest hitting dhc in the game.

Along with the ability to parry, call out obvious jumps from 3/4 screen range, do unblockables at fullscreen and nuke assist for free if he has a safe dhc.... Watch the stupidity that happens if you call an assist against band to lock him down and he just pbgc ssj into bella lvl3...

Band is strong, but not easy. I just played a set against magic man and... Let's just say that even though my band is utter horrible trash, h was actually doing as well as or better than my painwheel just from making correct reads and using good spacing. And thats with like baby combos and stuff. Big band feels really powerful to play as.

Reactions: CaioLugon

Big Band can control mid-range spaces that lots of characters can't even touch.

When more Skullgirls players remember/discover what footsies are, his strengths will look obvious.

BB wins against the rather relevant tactic of "Jumpblock Assistcall" both by just BeatExtend-Shake which makes the DP pretty much unpunisheable, or just by Rushpunch+SSJ which is gonna eat a punish but your assist just died
He's also kinda extremely good at making you play his game, has access to potentially-amazing Parry which nobody uses properly yet, has the permanent random factor of "He needs one correct guess and you lost two characters" and the perceived weakness of "uuh but instant overheads" isn't half as relevant as it sounds, since SG is full of unreactable mixups anyway
He's a severe threat to fight against even against people who have no idea what they're doing - and he will only get scarier

she has to rely on her fantastic buttons and sonic boom zoning to do most of her work to out-prioritise characters, but that requires much more reading, spacing, and skill
I really wonder whether Aus Parasouls utilize Tossnormals at all

Reactions: mcpeanuts

Our only Parasoul main moved to the US earlier this year :( I'm hankering to push someone decent into maining her, since I certainly cannot be fucked learning Parasoul since I've got like ~7 other characters to optimise right now.

I wouldn't be saying what I'm saying if I had proof to the otherwise, if tossnormals fixes her fundamental pressure issues then please, educate me on how they do.

BB wins against the rather relevant tactic of "Jumpblock Assistcall" both by just BeatExtend-Shake which makes the DP pretty much unpunisheable, or just by Rushpunch+SSJ which is gonna eat a punish but your assist just died
He's also kinda extremely good at making you play his game, has access to potentially-amazing Parry which nobody uses properly yet, has the permanent random factor of "He needs one correct guess and you lost two characters" and the perceived weakness of "uuh but instant overheads" isn't half as relevant as it sounds, since SG is full of unreactable mixups anyway
He's a severe threat to fight against even against people who have no idea what they're doing - and he will only get scarier

How does BB get punished if he gets the right read on the jumpback if he does his anti-air command grab xx ssj?

Or does he not?

So it's between a reaction, kill the assist, then punished by the opponent or a good read, kill the assist + damage the point?

I wouldn't be saying what I'm saying if I had proof to the otherwise, if tossnormals fixes her fundamental pressure issues then please, educate me on how they do.
I don't really see her fundamental pressure issues - but that wasn't the point anyways.
You're talking about sonicboom zoning; Parasoul zoning happens with Toss/Detonate if anything.
And you're talking about reading, spacing and skill, none of which are all too relevant if you get Airtossnormal-happy; 2147LK-LP is one of the strongest things you can do in this game.

How does BB get punished if he gets the right read on the jumpback if he does his anti-air command grab xx ssj?
A-Train is an obscenely risky gamble since even when the opponent is actually jumping, they're usually able to block it, or even just jumping over.
A-Train xx SSJ is usually not going to damage an assist at all, since they leave during the A-Train animation (you can sometimes hit H.Updo, but that's it I think).

The game has changed a lot in a year though, its not like its been the same game. Its been changed in many ways not even meta wise just by gameplay. So its not surprising to see it change like this.

My team was val(bypass m)/para(pillar)/squigs(cremation) because I wanted to see what it was like being a character loyalist. The team was ok but it suffered a lot because there really wasn't much I could do at neutral. You put me up against x char with HB L or brass H and it was just an up hill battle for me. My whole gameplan was jump around throw dead crosses until I find an opportunity to air dash in call squigly and go for a mixup. I pretty much was playing solo Val and friends with less health and damage. Val kinda became useless though when say I was up against fukua/big band with brass h because I couldn't zone and my assists couldn't cover my approach. I feel like Val/squigly is just meh. Val doesn't need a lockdown, she needs an assist to help her approach or zone which squigly doesn't really offer.

Parasoul however was the glue of the team because val and squigs like pillar, and parasoul can work with val or squigs behind her. In fact, I always felt like I was doing so much more anytime after Val died. Parasoul actually gets a lot off lockdown and cremation being a low and disjointed made it that much better. The disjointed factor allowed it to beat assists and certain reversals while still locking the opponent down if you managed to space it correctly.

Finally squigly anchor imho is just as good as double if not better. All squigly needs a charge to be scary. It gives her a legit dp that is actually safe on block if you super cancel it. Also, because my main strategy was zone with val and parasoul, I never found myself out of meter once squigs came in. So block >pushblock> sbo was always an option or pbgc daisy. With a charge her mixups are very hard to react to since she can do things like fake overhead > throw etc. Squigs also does more damage than double. The last thin to say about this team is that they have safe dhcs in any order. If we make a team tier list to be S,A,B,C,D, I would say this team deserves to be C. The synergy is there, they just don't have a strong neutral together. Making the team a duo of para/squigly I would say makes the team borderline B.

Last edited:
MY list

SS: Peacock,Fukua
S: Filia,val,parasoul
A+: Bella, Fortune
A: squigly,Big band
B+: PW,Double.

Now most of this shit is questionable and no i will not place eliza just because i have no clue where to place her but early speculation would prolly place her at A+.

TO BE FRANK no one explores fortune so i'm listing her there just cause. double kinda sucks by herself even with assist she kinda sucks.
Parasoul is still a force to be reckoned with. same with val and i personally do not see why any of the people in this forum says she's garbage when the utility is fucking ENDLESS *COUGH* @cloudKing211 *cough*

Bella is good on her own and people sleep WAAAY TOO MUCH on band and squigs. both have the ability to control spaces that some other characters couldn't possibly imagine *squigs with meter of course* i feel once band is played more and more and hopefully better band might just cause a real real scare.

i made this chart based off of if they were ran in point positions and seeing how much would be needed to tailor for their optimal levels.

Don't mind me

Uzu's team is the most optimal POINT Parasoul team. Para/LK Bomber/Copter is as optimal as it gets in terms of making the team the absolute best for Parasoul. It makes her so good. Now, if you want an overall better team that isn't too top heavy, and if your Parasoul isn't the main focus than Para/LNL/MK Bomber is the best team.
@keninblack , could you explain Copter vs LnL on for Para/Val? I mean, I know you pick Copter for lockdown and LnL for neutral control, but what makes you decide "fuck it, I want the lockdown", especially when LnL can provide some of that on its own, and is the best thing in the game for bopping opponent's assists, and is basically required for the Peacock matchup?

To me, it looks kinda like Copter says "win harder once you're already winning", which isn't generally as relevant as "start winning in the first place".

(That said, I agree pretty much entirely agree with the tier list. I'd maybe split Filia and Eliza off into their own "inbetween high and mid" tier, but that would be it.)

what is a good character even? last year val and parasoul were top tier...

I just think that as BB gets figured out people's tier lists will change and have him higher, and we'll have more characters to consider, and then they'll be amazing, and then they'll be terrible, and then they'll be amazing again, and then peacock and bella will be low tier, and then chrisG is gonna win evo

Last year people were playing SDE and MDE, where Val was top tier. Parasoul was top tier in MDE, and is good in encore, but currently she's not as good as the people I consider top 4 because of her damage output and poor reversal options.

edit: I also don't think Uzu's team is the best parasoul team. Best Parasoul team IMO is either Parasoul/Filia/Fukua or parasoul/Fukua/Bella LNL

Anyone can say parasoul beats filia clean, but what if filia has brass h as an assist? pretty sure that changes the match up. Also, feel free to just analyze someone else's team.

I dont know about anyone else but brass H has done wonders for me when I'm trying to close distance with filia/bella. Seems to be a decent response to keepaway.

So I hear a lot of fukua, filia, peacock with LnL behind them are the best teams. Can anyone explain to me why? Does bella really add that much more to a team then any other character? It's an armored assist you can follow in or zone behind and grants a ton of damage on hit. That sounds great and all but it's not like you can protect it everytime you call it. It gets hit and you have to play solo for an extra second. Is it so braindead to play these characters with this assist? I get that it controls space and in filia's case gives her an easier in, but why isn't parasoul/lnl or val/lnl up there? Just because we haven't seen anyone good with those teams or because they aren't considered braindead?

So I hear a lot of fukua, filia, peacock with LnL behind them are the best teams. Can anyone explain to me why? Does bella really add that much more to a team then any other character? It's an armored assist you can follow in or zone behind and grants a ton of damage on hit. That sounds great and all but it's not like you can protect it everytime you call it. It gets hit and you have to play solo for an extra second. Is it so braindead to play these characters with this assist? I get that it controls space and in filia's case gives her an easier in, but why isn't parasoul/lnl or val/lnl up there? Just because we haven't seen anyone good with those teams or because they aren't considered braindead?
Cause literally anything you try to attack the assist. the shadow will come after.

It doesn't matter whether you did a proper lockout. fukua's fireballs will bring back the assist in no time cause you have to weave through effectively.

COMBINED with the gorilla damage from both parties and how H LNL with one reset can kill effectively because of the meter gain and DHC always being there. basically it allows you to be EXTRA EXTRA fucking lazy with your placement of fireballs and overall neutral. its not a braindead team but overall its just a pain to kill either or character due to both being able to kill in one reset with their assist backing up damage or just the DHC alone.

Edit: Val needs a multi hitting wall to really really cause fear in enemies' eyes. and H LNL is just a bit too slow and telegraphed.

Parasoul needs a lockdown that's multi hitting that allows setups real well. and plus her zoning doesn't grant combo-ability. along with her damage output that's poor.

Overall Fukua/bella is designed to be a one touch one reset team that really relies on people making stupid mistakes. and from there your character might as well be dead.

Edit: My supposed best team would have to be.........

Parasoul/Fukua/Bella, Fukua/Parasoul/Bella

Assist: Pillar/H Drill(or M shadow)/Cerecopter or, H Drill, Napalm, Copter in that order.

Last edited:
Reactions: Adeveis
I keep seeing people call Val low tier. What exactly happened between SDE and now that makes her so low tier?

I keep seeing people call Val low tier. What exactly happened between SDE and now that makes her so low tier?
People falling into the "my character sucks" mindset. (That's not really the answer but I like to believe it is.) She's been strong in every version and has hardly ever been nerfed. She still has top tier mobility and a strong set of tools, giving her better neutral than most of the cast that makes up for her lack of damage. Especially so when she has strong resets anyways.

Reactions: Cadenza
Most likely people feel that her "inability" to kill is the main factor.

@Cynical reading this right now believes that her normals are ass. no DP, Nothing she does really shines about her that other characters do better.

Most believe that her main ability to being a movement point character is overshadowed by the majority of the cast that they feel can do better than val. and yes cynical i'm tagging you because you're one of the people i'm outright just annoyed at. I don't see how half of you val players undermine her abilities so much.