• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Skullgirls PC Beta Updates Discussion

I got a crash when selecting an alternate voice pack as player 2 in a lobby. It was before the alt pack was selected as the name had yet to change color, but it was after I had held my pallet choice for 40 frames.

Will try to reproduce.

Yyeeaahh, on that note I did notice a worrying abundance of freezes (with a forced close being the only way to close the game) when macro-picking teams including alt voice packs (Peacock and Big Band for me) in lobbies today.

I tried to catch the freeze with the -log thing, but as luck had it, it never froze after I went for the -log thingy.

Alright, managed to get a log of the crash. This time as player 1 in a lobby, but the same crash regardless -- happening on alt-voice picks.

Most of it is just this for like 200 lines or something, I didn't bother to count
Code:
RCS2: Socket error, just letting it go (timeout count 1, snoozing Y)

RemCharSelect: recv Error: 0

Full log is attached.

Attachments

• log.txt
    1.1 MB · Views: 292
I am still under the belief that voice packs should be disabled during tournament mode. I know I'd rather not deal with that nonsense while trying to play a tournament match. If you don't want to do that then IMO you should take away the option of being able to not hear your opponent's selected voice packs online. If people are forced to deal with it in an offline tournament setting then why shouldn't they be forced to deal with it in an online setting?
At a tournament you can smack the person sitting next to you request that your opponent not use them, though, which you can't do online.
If they don't ban those ridiculous costumes in SF4 that add huge static objects to the back of characters like Blanka and Akuma, I don't see why this warrants discussion for tournaments.

Reactions: TechPowah
I don't necessarily agree that voicepacks should be banned in Tournament Mode (if alone because you can ask your opponent not to use them), as long as clear advantages in audio cues get fixed (Peacock, haven't figured out yet whether there are others)
I don't necessarily think that "Game X's rules are shit, so Skullgirl's rules are allowed to be shit as well" is a valid statement either, though

The obvious solution to annoying voice packs at a tournament is of course to rile up the crowd so much that nobody can hear wtf is going on anyway. :^)

Seriously I couldn't hear jack squat in terms of game sound at ComboBreaker.

FYI the Peacock thing is gonna get looked at when Mike popped in another thread.

I don't necessarily think that "Game X's rules are shit, so Skullgirl's rules are allowed to be shit as well" is a valid statement either, though
That's not the case, though. Things that are clearly bad are outright banned, and everything else is left up to "ask your opponent if you have preferences". I have no problem with this.

Reactions: Kankato and Wenzel
So normally when Peacock teleports you can tell which teleport she's using based on the voice clip. However Anime Peacock has the same voice clips for every teleport. Guessing this is a bug, feel free to not change it though.
I never actually knew there were voice clips to distinguish the different teleports. So... I guess it doesn't matter to me either way?

Hey is anyone having problems saving entourages and training mode options since the new patch? It saves them during the game but when I close the game and load it up again its gone. Anyone else having this problem?

That's on you homie it's not like you haven't had chances to fight the character
It's stressful playing against Peacock. I was never playing and going "oh, that voice clip only plays on crossup" I was going "holy shit, homie, how am I gonna get around all these bombs"

Last edited:
Was practicing hatred install combos earlier using a save state and after 2 or so repeats the white IPS button wouldn't go away after resetting the state.
Sorry in advance for the sound packs.

Hey is anyone having problems saving entourages and training mode options since the new patch? It saves them during the game but when I close the game and load it up again its gone. Anyone else having this problem?
Try deleting your savedata?
If it continues and you can figure anything else out, lemme know.

Just a little thing, but is it possible to make this thing here not happen?

7PFvgz0.png

at some resolutions the first space just disappears and it's a little annoying to count...

Reactions: Yomabuddy
Try deleting your savedata?
If it continues and you can figure anything else out, lemme know.
Had to delete my replay data as well but it looks like that fixed it.

Hey Mike, not sure if you're still doing quality of life changes, but fortunes head does not trigger mines of robo. Not a huge deal but it would be nice if my mines stopped the head from getting in or getting through with nomnomnom

How many replays did you have? If you remember.
Sorry I don't remember and I promptly deleted them from my recycling bin so I can't restore them.

is the val crouching light buff still in cause I don't think she needs it, her mobility/bait&punish is already amazing to make up for the sub par crouching light. I think she's an underrated character.

oops. Didn't watch that salty.

Not trying to be rude, just posting it because it seems like a few people missed it.

Public Service Announcement: Gameplay changes are now complete. There are a few remaining bugfixes, but that's all. The future is now! Or something.

General
- Hopefully fixed the crash online related to alt voicepacks. Let me know if it crashes on character select now! The repeating sound effect still happens, though.
- Parasoul's second s.LP and s.LK, Double's second s.LP and c.LP, and Valentine's 3rd s.LP will now autocorrect to face the opponent like all other light normals. Thanks for the reminder Skarmand.
- Fixed "The Dots" after choosing "Play Again" on consoles.
- Anime Peacock and Politician Double are somewhat louder.
- Fixed music fadeout when you choose Character Select that I broke yesterday. :^)
- Actually allow people to play CPU Quickmatch. Heh.

Beowulf
- Bugfix: The first hit of his snapback now properly breaks Sekhmet's armor. Thanks yaboidekillsage!

Double
- Fix some bugs in Politician Double's setup.

Fukua
- Visual only: Once the active frames finish, LK shadow stops and fades out faster so it is not as misleading about the range. The active time, active distance, and time before you can spawn another shadow are unchanged.
- s.HP 1000 damage -> 950. She has a 1000 damage s.HK, the corner should be a little more important for her than it is currently.

Ms Fortune
- Bugfix: While Fortune is the point character in a double snap, her head is now invincible.

Peacock
- Bugfix: Anime Peacock now always uses the same voice line for the same strength of teleport, instead of picking one randomly each time. Thanks E. Dee .
- Bugfix: Fixed a position calculation error when the opponent tagged on a specific frame of Peacock's teleport. Thanks Stuff!

RoboFortune
- Headrone Impact (landmine) does not count as having a head out anymore, so they will not disappear when more heads are summoned. She is still limited to 3 landmines placed at once, so placing a 4th will get rid of the oldest remaining landmine.
- Headrone Impact will now detect other projectiles to trigger the explosion, instead of just characters.

is the val crouching light buff still in cause I don't think she needs it, her mobility/bait&punish is already amazing to make up for the sub par crouching light. I think she's an underrated character.

I agree with this, but as a guy who mains Val, i'll take any buffs.

Public Service Announcement: Gameplay changes are now complete. There are a few remaining bugfixes, but that's all. The future is now! Or something.

That's great news! Congratulations!!

- Hopefully fixed the crash online related to alt voicepacks. Let me know if it crashes on character select now!

Sadly this is not the case, I got the crash again in lobby when selecting an alt. Just my luck that it happens after I remove -log from the launch options, I'll try to get it to happen again.

- Headrone Impact will now detect other projectiles to trigger the explosion, instead of just characters.

whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa, that is good. so now it can stop george and boxcar, mp pistol shot from double, Fukua's Firefly Balls, Painwheel's low nails, and uh that's pretty much it. But there is stuff that goes right thru the heads but still makes them explode. like Fortune's head zoom and Roll, Robo's low lazor (which actually goes over the landmine), Beo's chair tosses and the second hit of Pipebomb (which is a projectile), and AirShow George (which doesn't even make the mine explode when landing ontop of it). Just some thing to point out, that if a robo has a mine out a Fortune or a Beo shouldn't be too afraid to toss out the chair or head cause it will go right thru the mine no problem.

I can't wait to see what the future holds for Lab Zero. And the patch notes BGM was amazing.

Why is "Use Opponent Voice Online" defaulted to "no"? What's wrong with it being yes?

Probably because people have been used to the default voice for years and the alt voices are a bonus "fun" extra thing to hear. Not everyone would appreciate the game suddenly changing the voices they are used to as a default choice when fighting online opponents.

People made similar complaints with arc sys games because they have to hear online opponent using the dub/jpn audio that they pick when they don't like/not used to hearing the dub/jpn audio.

Why is "Use Opponent Voice Online" defaulted to "no"? What's wrong with it being yes?
My philosophy is you have to opt in, rather than opt out.

Does anyone else feel like killing an assist actually speeds up the game? Like it skips hitstop on the last hit or something.
I dunno maybe it's supposed to be that way.
It does not, I checked it frame-by-frame.
You are just used to the delay, so without it it seems too fast.

whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa, that is good. so now it can stop george and boxcar, mp pistol shot from double, Fukua's Firefly Balls, Painwheel's low nails, and uh that's pretty much it. But there is stuff that goes right thru the heads but still makes them explode. like Fortune's head zoom and Roll, Robo's low lazor (which actually goes over the landmine), Beo's chair tosses and the second hit of Pipebomb (which is a projectile), and AirShow George (which doesn't even make the mine explode when landing ontop of it). Just some thing to point out, that if a robo has a mine out a Fortune or a Beo shouldn't be too afraid to toss out the chair or head cause it will go right thru the mine no problem.
I think it was always supposed to do that. Now the opponent can get rid of the mine before going in so its a win/win for all players.

And Fortunes head now gets hit by it. It was annoying getting hit by nom when I had heads on the floor

It's most noticeable at the end of a Double Snap combo, gotta relearn the timing for air grab on incoming.
It's perfect midscreen though.