• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

So... Who are the best with respect to their character?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I deserve to be on the PS list but low. This thread could be fun or terrible.

FYI zid beat me 2-1 he took the first 2 games and I easily won the third then he quit. It was getting late, we were both tired. And no, I used my team.
At Evo? Yeah, I barely remember the games we played. I just remember thinking "Dang, Dime_x is taller than I thought he'd be."

Reactions: Dime
>no sev on the double list
>me being 3rd on the PW list
>WINNIE BEING BETTER DOUBLE THAN ME AND NEGUS
>shin being on the val list and not mp game
kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

I got the best Parasoul footsies in the business. I'LL BODY ANYONE

>no sev on the double list
>me being 3rd on the PW list
>shin being on the val list and not mp game
kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

1. Sev isn't an oversight, I just wasn't going to put every character from every players teams up, with certain exceptions, sev isn't there for double cause I don't feel as if he ... Er, specializes in double. But as I said he can certainly be on there for double, I have no problem with that.

2. The list isn't sequential

3. The list isn't sequential

4. Shin is there primarily for rocking solo Val when no one else does. Mp game is a purposeful exclusion cause I don't know to much about him and wanted others to make their case for him being in. Same as choose goose.

I got the best Parasoul footsies in the business. I'LL BODY ANYONE

Mmmm. I disagree, but let us see. Add me on Steam. >:D

Yo I got the best Double :P

No but seriously, if you want to do this list just put top 8 at evo in the characters they play and your done. After that just add people who have proven themselves in a tournament settings to be the best, like SonicFox or Dekillsage.

Oh and put me on the Squigly list because all you need is one combo and you can make top 5 best Squigly's easy.

EDIT: #keninblackspainwheel

Last edited:
Reactions: Broken Loose
#keninblackspainwheel

#keninblackspainwheelaintmakingitonthislist

(Unless he switches her to his main team and uses that team in tournaments with a winning percentage or winning as much as his current team does)

-edit

Also, Chris g's fortune is up there cause he's made top 8 in near every sg tournament he's ever entered. His head off footsies are amongst the best in class for fortune players.

He certainly ain't in there for his cawmbos.

Last edited:
Has anyone made a list of the number of tournaments won/placed by each player (esp. w/r/t tournaments entered)? I know that results != best player, but at least then you'd have some hard evidence to argue over.
#keninblackspainwheel

I'm a bit saddened I am not listed there for Cerebella =p
I know I haven't been able to play with people in awhile but it's still top notch... you know if I could practice and adapt to the new combo restrictions and game speed changes ect.... D:

Dog I like my secondary Pain over half dat list #Shabba

#shotsfired

Which painwheels do you feel you could take in a painwheel on point mirror?

I've seen your painwheel at evo against Winnie's painwheel, it's good. But does it REALLY deserve to be up there with the others? I'd like to see some pain on pain mirrors to "argue" the point... Or at least see you use her in tournaments against people that are amongst your peers as far as player strength is concerned.

TLDR

If you don't use her in tournaments as a main or haven't seriously done that in the past you don't have much leg to stand on in this instance.

I'm a bit saddened I am not listed there for Cerebella =p
I know I haven't been able to play with people in awhile but it's still top notch... you know if I could practice and adapt to the new combo restrictions and game speed changes ect.... D:

Tbqh I totally forgot about your Bella.
Your Bella is pretty amazing dude. I think part of the problem might be that people rarely get to your Bella for her to show how good she is.

I'm on the fence in this one for the aforementioned reasons.

Any reasons I could put you in their besides you asking? I'm rather easy to sway in the face of factual evidence that applies.

Tbqh I totally forgot about your Bella.
Your Bella is pretty amazing dude. I think part of the problem might be that people rarely get to your Bella for her to show how good she is.

I'm on the fence in this one for the aforementioned reasons.

Any reasons I could put you in their besides you asking? I'm rather easy to sway in the face of factual evidence that applies.

Does the fact that he made Evo top 8 count for anything?

Does the fact that he made Evo top 8 count for anything?

Yes and no.

Could he have made top 8 with Bella on point? And if no Bella on point made top 8, we have to look at how prevalent the characters point skills were on display. Tbqh, tj's Bella was always there mostly for her assist and her lvl3. The times when he did play with her was usually in win more situations, though not always. I just don't know if a character that usually sees limited action, warrants being up there with the best.

Though the best evidence I can see for his Bella being up there, is he was the first prominent hp lnl user which shows innovation and creativity, and he was one of the first to really use cr.lk,mgr as a tick throw so successfully and consistently... Those along with his top 8 placing might just be enough to put him up there. Another nomination or 2 would still feel better IMHO, that way when people ask why he's up there I'm not sitting here as a one man island with no backup.

Also, everyone on the list is in contention. If anyone feels someones character doesn't deserve to be up there, state your case to get them removed.

As always only serious statements will be considered.

Add me to that list. What, don't believe me? That's why we have steam accounts and the game for!

Reactions: Compa
Add me to the Squigly section. And if you want a reason:

I would vouch for Retro, his Squigs is solid.

Reactions: RetroStation
1. Sev isn't an oversight, I just wasn't going to put every character from every players teams up, with certain exceptions, sev isn't there for double cause I don't feel as if he ... Er, specializes in double. But as I said he can certainly be on there for double, I have no problem with that.

He easily has one of the better Doubles.

Also, Chris g's fortune is up there cause he's made top 8 in near every sg tournament he's ever entered. His head off footsies are amongst the best in class for fortune players.

He certainly ain't in there for his cawmbos.

He hasn't beat anyone noteworthy ever AFAIK. He places by beating "not very great" players with his good fundamentals, not with his character.

I'll also keep going under the radar.

He easily has one of the better Doubles.

He hasn't beat anyone noteworthy ever AFAIK. He places by beating "not very great" players with his good fundamentals, not with his character.

I'll also keep going under the radar.

1. I'll take that as a nomination then and since that's 2 serious nominations, with one being a player already on the list he will go in.

2. He beat konkrete at ufgt9 and I'm sure I could find others. Also, if he only wins cause of fundamentals and it has nothing to do with his character, then that should transfer over to his parasoul as well... But it doesn't, he generally gets stomped when his parasoul comes in.

3. If you want to nominate yourself go ahead. Just make sure to back it up with video or with info on who you've beaten/things you've done to advance the character. I already know of your combo bread so that's one point in your favor, I don't however know which of those combos are important to peacocks combo theory nor if you are the one who made them up... So if you want to, post up the combos you made up. Know that however, some combos aren't going to get you onto the list... They just help. You still need to show decent playing ability outside of making combos.

Or, if a couple of listed players vouch for your strength (with examples of high level players you've beaten), then you can bypass that entire thing and get listed "easily".

Though to be honest I don't really want to add in anyone where little to no video representation of there play is available.

There is video of every player currently on the list, owning people.

Actually truth be told I used to be Cerebella on point with Peacock on the back burner for the longest time. I don't just use Bella for assist and Level 3 =p, Heck in most of my matches in EVO she ended up doing most of the work, like in the fights against Sev, who imo is probably the only Bella I'd consider better then mine.

Also I could of sworn against Winnie in my first top 8 match I was Bella on point.

Reactions: keninblack
I don't see why TJGamer in not on the list of top Bellas, I have played all the other Bellas on that list and TJ deserves to be on it. This shouldn't even be up for discussion, I lost at evo not because of his Peacock but because of his Bella.

Hi I netplayed with TJ forever and ever during SDE and I died a lot.

He needs to be on that list.

Status
Not open for further replies.