• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

So... Who are the best with respect to their character?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He hasn't beat anyone noteworthy ever AFAIK. He places by beating "not very great" players with his good fundamentals, not with his character.
Chris G has beaten Keninblack in tournament.

Chris G has beaten Keninblack in tournament.
mcpeanuts is right. here is proof that chris g owns keninblack's soul in skullgirls

"OH HE PUSHBLOCKS"

mcpeanuts is right. here is proof that chris g owns keninblack's soul in skullgirls
I forgot about that one. I was actually thinking of Winter Brawl, which I don't think was recorded.

If @Midiman counts as high-level, then he has stream footage of us playing last weekend before Skullbats.

Other than that, I'll get some footage together.

Whoever is using the steam handle "lilman" is on par with all the best painwheels I've played (as in, the people already listed) at least in a (good connection) online environment.

Whoever is using the steam handle "lilman" is on par with all the best painwheels I've played (as in, the people already listed) at least in a (good connection) online environment.
lilman is legit, confirmed.

2. He beat konkrete at ufgt9 and I'm sure I could find others. Also, if he only wins cause of fundamentals and it has nothing to do with his character, then that should transfer over to his parasoul as well... But it doesn't, he generally gets stomped when his parasoul comes in.
Not necessarily. If you examine his playstyle, he HEAVILY relies on baiting you into napalm pillar assist as fortune. Can't really do that if he is just down to Parasoul.

3. If you want to nominate yourself go ahead. Just make sure to back it up with video or with info on who you've beaten/things you've done to advance the character. I already know of your combo bread so that's one point in your favor, I don't however know which of those combos are important to peacocks combo theory nor if you are the one who made them up... So if you want to, post up the combos you made up. Know that however, some combos aren't going to get you onto the list... They just help. You still need to show decent playing ability outside of making combos.

Or, if a couple of listed players vouch for your strength (with examples of high level players you've beaten), then you can bypass that entire thing and get listed "easily".

Though to be honest I don't really want to add in anyone where little to no video representation of there play is available.

There is video of every player currently on the list, owning people.

There's very little video recordings of me, mostly due to having a low-end computer and not being able to multitask on it. IIRC, there's really only an old set I played with Khaosmuffin back in SDE. I did however place 5th overall in the PC release tournament hosted by Lab Zero that had 1000+ entries and usually place around the top 3 for Skullbats the few times I have the chance to enter.

As far as combos go, I'll admit that a lot of the combo theory I didn't necessarily come up with myself (although I did for some), but I'm usually the one working to optimize stuff.

I'm sure people on that list that have played me would vouch for me. Heck, I'm pretty sure I've beaten Rikers in every encounter I've had with him.

Reactions: Hibiki
There's very little video recordings of me, mostly due to having a low-end computer and not being able to multitask on it. IIRC, there's really only an old set I played with Khaosmuffin back in SDE. I did however place 5th overall in the PC release tournament hosted by Lab Zero that had 1000+ entries and usually place around the top 3 for Skullbats the few times I have the chance to enter.

As far as combos go, I'll admit that a lot of the combo theory I didn't necessarily come up with myself (although I did for some), but I'm usually the one working to optimize stuff.

I'm sure people on that list that have played me would vouch for me. Heck, I'm pretty sure I've beaten Rikers in every encounter I've had with him.
Play someone on Kenin's Thursday stream, then people would get a chance to see how good you are.

Reactions: Broseidon Rex
As per Winnie and severins nominations (and tj's) tj's Bella goes on the list.

Thanks for the confirmation guys, I'll definitely make sure to check out his Bella more than I have in any future videos, @winnie

I'm definitely going to go back and watch that match against you when I get the chance :)

@RemiKz

If @Rikers confirms what you've said and one other "listed" person vouches for you then I will put you in for peacock, are there any other characters on your team that you want consideration for or is it just your peacock? I feel th need to have 2 listed players vouch for you is the correct way to handle this, cause if you can't get 2 listed players to vouch, the. You may not belong up there. I don't personally have any objection with you being up there though. I just don't know much about you so I think these questions are fair.

Play someone on Kenin's Thursday stream, then people would get a chance to see how good you are.
Is Kenin's stream for locals or online?

I totally would if it wasn't for having school during the time he does it.

If @Rikers confirms what you've said and one other "listed" person vouches for you then I will put you in for peacock, are there any other characters on your team that you want consideration for or is it just your peacock? I feel th need to have 2 listed players vouch for you is the correct way to handle this, cause if you can't get 2 listed players to vouch, the. You may not belong up there. I don't personally have any objection with you being up there though. I just don't know much about you so I think these questions are fair.

I think my Filia MIGHT be put up for consideration, but Peacock is definitely my most interesting character I think. My Cerebella is rather average imo.

I totally would if it wasn't for having school during the time he does it.

Fuck sorry man :( Would love to get you on stream. If anything comes up and you have a day off/free day during that time let me know ASAP and we can let something happen.

A scrub's opinions:

Valentine: Duckator, Omni

Parasoul: Ken, Sev

Painwheel: Domo, Krackatoa

Filia: Blandaid

Double/Village-Bicycle: Duckator, Domo, Ken, Sev, Dekillsage

Peacock: All the good Peacocks I talk to insist that good Peacock players do not exist

Fortune: Khaos, Omni

Cerebella: Dekillsage

Squigly: Yaya

There are other players I really like, but that emphasize team dynamics over any individual character on that team. Negus, Taluda, and Guitalex are really good examples of this.

Didn't this thread exist already?

And I have no qualms playing on kenin's stream even though it's been like 9 months since I've played this game.

Last edited:
Fuck sorry man :( Would love to get you on stream. If anything comes up and you have a day off/free day during that time let me know ASAP and we can let something happen.
Lol no need to apologies. With the semester being over in 2 weeks and winter break coming up, I might be able to make something happen.

I vouch for Remikz's Peacock.
(This is SDE but eh)
Looking back at this, I was pretty sloppy lol. I didn't really even get to do anything until like 18:15.

Heck, I'm pretty sure I've beaten Rikers in every encounter I've had with him.
Which was like twice, other than the beta tourney which I hardly even remember. But I'll be a good person and vouch for you, I suppose.

I was pretty sure I ran into you more often on quick match, unless someone else goes by a similar name and uses peacock with cilia slide/hornet bomber. Did you ever go by Riker's Buttons?

Last edited:
Remikz is in

Need more confirmation/evidence for lilman (whoever that is) and retrostation.

If it's acceptable, I can vouch for lilman.

Those month one skills.

Reactions: Hibiki
The rules if I haven't made them clear enough as well
As some new ones:

If you nominate yourself, listed or not, you need 2 listed people besides yourself to back you up.

Video evidence can be used to reduce that to one nomination from a listed person.

If you aren't listed but want to nominate, then you need 2 other people to nominate with you, if they aren't listed, then one devouch from a listed person will keep the nominee out.

These are more of a guideline than set in stone. Bottom line is addition via consensus and listed people have by far the most power, as it should be.

E3jbc36.jpg

W
Mmmm. I disagree, but let us see. Add me on Steam. >:D
What's your steam lol

The rules if I haven't made them clear enough as well
As some new ones:

If you nominate yourself, listed or not, you need 2 listed people besides yourself to back you up.

Video evidence can be used to reduce that to one nomination from a listed person.

If you aren't listed but want to nominate, then you need 2 other people to nominate with you, if they aren't listed, then one devouch from a listed person will keep the nominee out.

These are more of a guideline than set in stone. Bottom line is addition via consensus and listed people have by far the most power, as it should be.

Did you really just do a

"NUH-UH LET ME ADD MORE RULES"?

I dunno what the "You can also simply nominate someone for having an unusual style" line is for when you now need confirmation from 17 top players to possibly be considered
I'm very confused about this entire thread

I nominate myself for every character. Squigs is actually my worst, I have a pocket cast WHOOP WHOOP

Clearly, this thread is a "out of boredom" creation and shouldn't be taken seriously...

Status
Not open for further replies.