• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Splatoon

I will sleep on that. Quite comfortably.

So guys, you have that one piece of equipment that just looks absolutely terrible but has the best abilities ever?

Last edited:
I will sleep on that. Quite comfortably.

So guys, you have that one piece of equipment that just looks absolutely terrible but has the best abilities ever?
I have this grey looking sweater that has double squid swim. It's amazing for speed but good god it looks like a sleep shirt.

However how about the reverse? any equipment that looks amazing but has the worst perks?

I personally haven't come across any equipment that I like the look of but didn't like the ability on. Like the Urchin's Cap allows me to throw grenades farther which is badass. I also have a couple shirts I like that happen to let me swim either faster or invisibly and the shoes are a hit or miss.

Currently have a 3 star shoe with Ink recovery plus, swim speed plus, muscle up and sub weapon ink saver on it. It fits my foot perfectly... but holy god it looks terrible...

I have a hat I'm not particularly fond of but it has the ability that boosts all your stats for the first 30 seconds of the round. Makes you run and swim really fast and great for rushing into key points in the map before the opponent at the beginning.

So can a few people who've played the game tell me if it is worth getting? I've seen a lot of conflicting opinions on the game's worth, but it seems like an interesting concept.
The controls actually seem to worry me, in that the camera looks hard to control.

So can a few people who've played the game tell me if it is worth getting? I've seen a lot of conflicting opinions on the game's worth, but it seems like an interesting concept.
The controls actually seem to worry me, in that the camera looks hard to control.
I haven't put the game down since I got it. You can also turn off motion controls and just control with the 2 sticks.

I was up till 6am beating Splatoons story mode. I am so fucking tired LOL

But I got everything and the final boss was tons of fun.

I have a shirt with 2 Defense Up and Ink Saver Main but looks like a god damn polka-dot night shirt. It's kinda terrible but so good at the same time.

I keep getting temptations to get Splatoon, but I was gonna wait until the Paint Brush got added,.
Like.
I could either get a bunch of commissions until my next paycheck or I could get a few and this.
I'm so conflicted AND PLUS THERE'S STILL MY MASSIVE STACK OF GAMES BECAUSE I HAVE ATTENTION PROBLEMS

Reactions: Broseidon Rex
I honestly wish the ability system wasnt a rng
I wish the main attribute for equipment was an RNG. Because there's some cool looking gear that I find aesthetically pleasing but it has some stupid special increase ability... I hardly ever use my special and it's going to give me a single SECOND of extra usage? Not worth it :/

But I honestly like the rng abilities. It let's you have variety and do basically the equivalent of breeding in pokemon. Just rng away until you get what you want. Mind you it takes far longer to gain thousands of experience than to walk thousands of steps... but still.

For a second there I didn't think they would do it but they did
zlCfzTaezAYvMh0vAe.jpg

So the aerospray is so friggin good. I was on a winning streak today cause its pretty fast, powerful and had good sub weapons.

So the aerospray is so friggin good. I was on a winning streak today cause its pretty fast, powerful and had good sub weapons.
It is a super solid weapon. The fire rate makes up for lack in damage. It seems whenever there's an aerospray and me 1v1, they win. I might also just suck but hey, it's really good in that situation

Seems like most if not all the weapons are really good in this game XD I've been hearing so little negative bout the game in general, but are there really any bad weapons, at least as far as what you all prefer?

I'm just waiting for my next paycheck so I can finally pick this up!

It is a super solid weapon. The fire rate makes up for lack in damage. It seems whenever there's an aerospray and me 1v1, they win. I might also just suck but hey, it's really good in that situation
It doesnt use that much ink either, maybe becausw I have two ink savers on. I prefer it to the splattershots

Seems like most if not all the weapons are really good in this game XD I've been hearing so little negative bout the game in general, but are there really any bad weapons, at least as far as what you all prefer?

I'm just waiting for my next paycheck so I can finally pick this up!
Personally, I think the Blaster is a very lackluster weapon...

You ever play Kirby and the crystal shards? Well the firework power demostrates this weapon completely: Sends out a little ball of ink that pops. It doesn't even do that much damage, the fire rate is terrible, doesn't cover much ground and if you aren't aiming above the ground, the ball will hit the ground and won't pop. It's pretty lame.

Reactions: No longer exist
I feel the blaster will be better when the Payload game mode becomes available, til then I feel it to is kinda useless.

I cant wait for rank match to open. I wanna play that new mode, its gonna be fucking hectic.

How many people do we nee to be level 10 already?

Over 75% of every person who has the game? I hoped it wouldn't be a percentage and rather a flat number because that's just crazy

Turf war is fun, but more options will be nice. Whats the ranked match battles called?

As soon as I got this gun, I was on a nuts winning streak usually placing at the top. It's great because it basically accomplishes the job of a roller but has some range to it.

On a side note, the abilities that give you a buff for the first and last 30 seconds of a round are actually really really nice. The first one lets you rush to key points to hold it off before the opponents reach it and being insanely fast for the last 30 seconds has also let me pull of a lot of clutch wins.

Isn't the game getting a deathmatch-esque and king of the hill modes later? I forget.

Just talking about this game makes me want this week to get over so I can play D:

There's Splatzones which is basically King of the Hill.
Then there's Tower Control which is like Payload from TF2 (Teams attempt to push an object into enemy territory)
And finally there's Rainmaker which I don't know much about, but it seems like it should be a death match type thing.

So somebody asked when ranked battles would start? Today, 7pm PST.

Also a new weapon and stage are dropping. Skip to 7:47

Reactions: Covenant
Oh hell yeah! Too bad I'll be at work lol. But when I get hom,e you bet your patooty I'll be there.

So what are y'all's best and worst stages before we get this new stage added? From best to worst, mine are:

Walleye Warehouse
Blackbelly Skatepark
Urchin Underpass
Arowana Mall
And fuck Saltspray Rig

Urchin Underpass
Saltspray Rig
Blackbelly Skatepark
Walleye Warehouse
Arowana Mall

My favorite/least favorite maps are pretty much opposite of you guy's.

Arowana Mall
Walleye Warehouse
Saltspray Rig
Urchin Underpass
Blackbelly Skatepark

Only one I really hate is skatepark because it's flat out impossible to get a team of randoms organized enough to set up a defensive perimeter so it just becomes a game of "lol we're in your spawn inking everything." It's so bad I don't even bother playing while it's on rotation. Maybe it will be better when ranked is out?

Arowana mall is the exact opposite because the choke in the center is so obvious that it centers the whole battle around it.

NES Zapper doesn't look that great.
Yeah. They flat out said the main weapon wasn't that great in actual combat and it has a sub/special that can only be described as "okay I guess."

My favorite to least favorite are:

Urchin Underpass
Arowana Mall
Walleye Warehouse
Blackbelly Skatepark
Saltspray Rig

Yeah. They flat out said the main weapon wasn't that great in actual combat and it has a sub/special that can only be described as "okay I guess."

Thanks Nintendo.

I dunno, it sounds like a support/espionage style role. Assuming the player can shoot straight, they'd give out enemy locations pretty frequently.

I hope the Zapper is good, I've only found 2-3 guns that I really enjoy - The .52 Gal Deco would probably be my favorite :P