• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Eliza SPOILERS - Eliza Story Mode Discussion

Whenever evil rises and darkness covers the world, Squigly will rise from her grave to smack it with her massive zombie booty. ^_~

Squigly-gif-skullgirls-33738056-500-281.gif
But... why can't there just be a way for her to not rely on the skull heart to live?

I find it quite disappointing that no one here grieved Vice Versa! I love that guy! He might not talk, but he's super cool and his facial expressions are enough to show his personality. He is a LIVING Weapon after all! (Krieg is pretty lame, huh?)
I was so upset when he got his arm torn off and was killed. Poor little guy.

tumblr_m85igxXdY41r5fdtl.jpg

A tear shed for those lost...

I don't think I saw that. Would someone kindly upload the pic? '~'

I get the feeling that the giant colossus Eliza turns into was supposed to be said gimmicky boss fight suffering from SNK Boss Syndrome in the scenario where we got a Skullgirls 2. Maybe that's also where Mega Maid Marie came from?
Possibly. It would certainly one up Marie in terms of NPC boss bs. As I said, both are "eligible" for something in that style. That said, I think it's something that would rate very low in most people's "what I want in the game" lists.
Side note, I'd say it would be more interesting to fight the blood titan first and then Eliza for some subversion.

That's because gimmicky boss fights ruin fighters and having a character with 2 supers that require you to hit confirm into a grab (or pseudo grab) only for them to not work is terrible. :(
Become proficient, neophyte.

The Aquatic Ruin Zone theme is my favorite from the Sonic 2 OST so that might explain it.

I find it quite disappointing that no one here grieved Vice Versa!
Probably because we were too busy feeling vindicated by Oujo-sama's noble act of avenging all those wronged by mashed Dynamo. :P

I think the original 9, plus Squigly and Eliza are exempt from death, since story reasons? I can't remember if Alex said that at some point.

Just off Squaggles for good.

I think the original 9, plus Squigly and Eliza are exempt from death, since story reasons? I can't remember if Alex said that at some point.
Well I mean Squigly is completely exempt from death as long as she's got Leviathan in her head. Presumably she'll keep coming back as long as a Skullgirl is active.

Well I mean Squigly is completely exempt from death as long as she's got Leviathan in her head. Presumably she'll keep coming back as long as a Skullgirl is active.
Which kinda gets me too, a lot of the characters have plot armor...would Marie have that? like this is why I want the true story mode and such, or at least have Alex write a comic.

No, there has to be a way. Lab 8 could keep her alive... somehow.
I don't think ANY character will go away.

Just by the practical reason of Lab Zero would never stop using any sprites that take so long to make.

But hey, Marie going from Antagonist to Anti-Hero isn't a huge leap if Alex has some other plot point to keep her going when she does eventually lose the Skullheart.

I don't know about Marie's chances in the rest of the (hypothetical) series, mainly because she isn't playable. She feels like the boss of act 1 whose death triggers even more dire events.
But I'd like her to continue, I feel like I never got to know her... then again the same can be said for a lot of the launch characters who had very vague/brief story modes.

Call me a complainer, but I do wish Umbrella, Dahlia and Marie got priority during the indiegogo campaign...

Not sure if I'm going off topic anymore, this is sort of the 'anything goes as long as it tangentially correlates to Eliza's story mode thread.'

Last edited:
Which kinda gets me too, a lot of the characters have plot armor...would Marie have that? like this is why I want the true story mode and such, or at least have Alex write a comic.
Let's see :
What is plot? Plot is what people say they like about the game. But the example they give saying so is always a boob pic.
So plot=boobs.
Marie doesn't have boobs, so she got something that repels them. She got a boob-repelling-armor, so she should have a plot armor.

Let's check :
Bella = huge boobs-->get killed
Filia = big boobs-->kept alive waiting to get killed
Fortune = ok boobs-->enslaved
Squigly = meh boobs but da booty. Dead but was already to begin with so it's like she just got a bad flu.
Marie = no boobs --> should have died but comes back as meca-maid.

plot armor confirmed.

Marie confirmed sg 2 top tier character and most popular char lore-wise in 2025.

Last edited:
Reactions: tehace and Jimbob
Let's see :
What is plot? Plot is what people say they like about the game. But the example they give saying so is always a boob pic.
So plot=boobs.
Marie doesn't have boobs, so she got something that repels them. She got a boob-repelling-armor, so she should have a plot armor.

Let's check :
Bella = huge boobs-->get killed
Filia = big boobs-->kept alive waiting to get killed
Fortune = ok boobs-->enslaved
Squigly = meh boobs but da booty. Dead but was already to begin with so it's like she just got a bad flu.
Marie = no boobs --> should have died but comes back as meca-maid.

plot armor confirmed.

Marie confirmed sg 2 top tier character and most popular char lore-wise in 2025.

This topic has officially gone to plaid.

Finally got around to playing the story. Now I can look at Skullheart again. :P

Regarding people complaining that it's "unrealistic" for Eliza to have killed both Aeon and Venus: it's not stated that she beat them in direct combat. There are possibly indirect ways she could have killed them.

...Eliza, if you could track down Fortune, what kept you from nabbing the Life Gem for yourself sooner--
Probably a bit late to reply to this one but I didn't see anyone else point this out. Eliza wasn't aware that Lorenzo had the Life Gem until Cerebella told Ms Fortune to give it back. After hearing that, she was surprised that Lorenzo had the Life Gem in the first place.

I was so upset when he got his arm torn off and was killed. Poor little guy.
I don't think I saw that. Would someone kindly upload the pic? '~'

I can see why one might think Vice-Versa got an arm ripped off, but that's just fingers and a splash of Eliza blood in the way. No, Vice-Versa is getting the blood-wrap lockdown Samson eventually got. Never shown being destroyed, Vice-Versa is probably on Eliza's trophy case next to all her Grammys, alive and confused/sad.

As mean and sad as it would be, I kinda wish VV's arm was ripped off and bleeding...? That would have been like the "holy shit this shit is way too real" moment. Kinda like the moment Asuka in one of the NGE movies got graphically devoured by the angels. I had my hand over my mouth and everything shit was really cray.

Iunno I like graphic stuff.

Some people just want to watch the world burn.

Besides, Cerebella had the "holy shit, this shit is way too real" moment covered.

Ehhhh...not to me. But it takes a lot to genuinely disturb me.

As mean and sad as it would be, I kinda wish VV's arm was ripped off and bleeding...?
jolyne2.jpg

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
Heeey I have a heart, I swear. I just like a little carnage-I mean, spice in my food.

I care a lot more about little Vice Versa being turned into an ornament than I do about the goon getting offed.

I hate Bella 'cause of how long it took me to beat the tutorial that teaches combos.
over an hour

I can see why one might think Vice-Versa got an arm ripped off, but that's just fingers and a splash of Eliza blood in the way. No, Vice-Versa is getting the blood-wrap lockdown Samson eventually got. Never shown being destroyed, Vice-Versa is probably on Eliza's trophy case next to all her Grammys, alive and confused/sad.
@Fat-Ass ♪
Oh right, he gets his arm torn of in Peacock ending... poor loveable bastard.

P.s. I still find Cerebella one of the most likable characters in Skullgirls, cool design, cool voice, cool personality, cool backstory. I don't understand the hate.

I'm pretty sure beowulf is going to chokeslam lorenzo medici off of the top of the medici tower, and then marie is going to suplex the building onto him.

On the topic of Venus and Aeon I think that based around the statues and ruins inside gehenna, in addition to their names, it can be inferred that they came from some kind of skullgirls parallel of Greece similar to how eliza comes from skullgirls' egypt equivalent.

Dunno if that's been brought up yet, only started paying attention to this thread recently.

I love beowulf as much as the next guy, but talk about him and your anticipation for his story his respective threads.

Anyways, holy shit Labzero, fucking love all of you! All the work you've put into these characters means a lot to us, thank you! Eliza's story was beautiful and her brutal desires kept me on my seat :b

I never said she was going to be completely unimportant. All I'm saying is that she won't be as important as Beowulf. Beowulf is the importantest. You should be chastising Arcana who's claiming that neither of them matter.

To stay on topic, why doesn't Eliza completely eat Ms. Fortune and claim the power of the Life Gem for herself?
Unless she actually can't do that, maybe she's not a pillar man.

Reactions: Kuzlalala
@Fat-Ass ♪
Oh right, he gets his arm torn of in Peacock ending... poor loveable bastard.

P.s. I still find Cerebella one of the most likable characters in Skullgirls, cool design, cool voice, cool personality, cool backstory. I don't understand the hate.
Agreed. I wonder how many take into account that since she was raised by the Medicis, they'd make sure she has an outlook that favours them? And that she's apparently been kept in the dark regarding their more sinister actions (The first thing she asks upon being sent after Nadia is if Vitals wants her to CAPTURE the thief. Killing her was never even considered until she started screaming about how she wouldn't stop until the Medicis, the ones CEREBELLA considers to be her family, were dead. Even after that, she's shown to be crushed by her own guilt).

To stay on topic, why doesn't Eliza completely eat Ms. Fortune and claim the power of the Life Gem for herself?
Unless she actually can't do that, maybe she's not a pillar man.

Because she doesn't NEED it. She's stayed alive for all these (presumably) centuries and is overconfident in her capabilities, though it is justified. What she DOES need is a constant supply of blood and since Nadia regenerates blood at an insane rate, she's an endless supply of the stuff.

Last edited:
To stay on topic, why doesn't Eliza completely eat Ms. Fortune and claim the power of the Life Gem for herself? Unless she actually can't do that, maybe she's not a pillar man.

Kinda pointless for her to do that when she already has a way of living forever. All she needs is a constant supply of blood, which Ms. Fortune has an infinite amount of thanks to the life gem. So, it makes the most sense for Eliza just to keep Fortune around for that.

Well Fortune's thing isn't that she lives forever, her thing is that she keeps on living despite any bodily injury.
That's something that Eliza doesn't have, which is arguably far more useful than a drinking fountain.

If the scene before fighting Lamia's any indication, she can likely heal her grievous wounds using the blood of another… Constant consumption of the stuff might be what keeps her looking young, or maybe even extend her life beyond natural limitations (Samson and Leviathan WERE surprised she wasn't dead so something must've happened to make them think that), making Nadia's continued existence that much more important to her since there's only so much she can steal from charity drives before she's noticed by someone other than the Medicis.

I think the blood from Gehenna is special blood. I don't think she can recover her wounds with just any blood.

Ah, I had thought it was eternal life. Welp, shows how much I remember...

I think the blood from Gehenna is special blood. I don't think she can recover her wounds with just any blood.

I think that may be the case. From the looks of the cutscene, it seemed like she was super charged from the blood in Gehenna.

Ah, I had thought it was eternal life. Welp, shows how much I remember...

I think that may be the case. From the looks of the cutscene, it seemed like she was super charged from the blood in Gehenna.
It would have been cool if she and double started with Max Tension.

Reactions: Broseidon Rex
Well Fortune's thing isn't that she lives forever, her thing is that she keeps on living despite any bodily injury.
That's something that Eliza doesn't have, which is arguably far more useful than a drinking fountain.
Once you grind to the max level and are already way OP, a bottomless mana potion might be more useful for your build than even more damage resistance on top of the ton you have already.

That as we don't really know for sure how the Life Gem interacts with parasite life, might very well be incompatible.

I see it as this: She possibly could consume the life gem and never need to absorb blood again, but the issue is what she WANTS to do. It's like eating one magic burger and never feeling hungry or needing to sustain yourself with food again. She enjoys blood letting and carnage, heck the sensation of mere absorption may be pleasurable (get yer mind outta da guttah youse bums!) so she would keep wanting to do it even if there was a way to make herself produce the blood automatically. Then again, I don't know the extent of her abilities. When she's Eliza, she's not just liquid holding form as I originally thought; she can ingest liquid, take sudsy baths without having anything distort or melt.

Overall I see her body as being like the symbiotes in Marvel comics. She can be liquid when shape shifting in combat, but she can also change the properties of her essence and be armored or soft to the touch. It would make sense too, just in case she's caught in public and someone unexpectedly makes contact with her, she gets caught in the rain, or wind, she wont have to worry about distorting or deforming. Heck she probably has a focused "shell" when she knows she's not going to fight and loosens up her body to be somewhat solid, but readily malliable when in a fight (hence why when she gets attacked ingame she distorts or she can instantaneously morph, but the "morphed bits" are red.)

Once you grind to the max level and are already way OP, a bottomless mana potion might be more useful for your build than even more damage resistance on top of the ton you have already.

That as we don't really know for sure how the Life Gem interacts with parasite life, might very well be incompatible.
Thanks for putting it that way Muro, that actually makes a lot of sense.

Eliza's story takes place soon after Squigly's begins, right? Her first fight is with Squigly, who had just fought Parasoul, which is when Marie threw the tower at Lorenzo, right?
...So Lorenzo returned to New Meridian and Marie left, apparently.

Eliza's story takes place soon after Squigly's begins, right? Her first fight is with Squigly, who had just fought Parasoul, which is when Marie threw the tower at Lorenzo, right?
...So Lorenzo returned to New Meridian and Marie left, apparently.
It only half happens at the same time as Squigly's. When Squigly wakes up in her own story the Meidici tower has already been torn down and then she immediately fights Parasoul.
Eliza fights Squigly after Squigly has already fought Parasoul, but by the end of Eliza's the tower still intact.
None of the stories happen in exactly the same timeline.