• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Eliza SPOILERS - Eliza Story Mode Discussion

Holy shit I didnt expect the two other stages to appear in arcade, somehow the fact that the chars that didnt play on it in SP dont react to this makes it even more creepier

You guys wanna know the scary thing?
Filia is going to be stuck next to Eliza for the rest of her life.
She isn't getting out alive. When and if Eliza finds a host she wants Samson on, she is going to remove him and Filia is going to die not knowing who she is or where she came from.

It sucks to be Scottish on Eliza's release date. Didn't get to play her story till today.
My initial reactions:
giphy.gif

But lez git srs here.
-That Cerebella tag team thing was pretty cool to start off with. I'm very happy with that.
-Not much to say about Squigs at the start. Pretty meh, but it was cool to fuck with Albus' mind.
-Looks like all the speculation paid off. Damn, I feel sorry for Kim right now.
-Okay, we get it. Eliza's evil and all that junk. Thanks for reminding us by killing Bella.
-Well Filia's here, time to add her to my list of characters that will crop up later...
-Typical Marie fight. And just to say:
Here's how you beat Marie with Eliza.

Phase 1: c.HK through everything
Phase 2: c.HK and DP whenever Marie sends a shadow
Phase 3: Let Sekmet out to murder people.

Not the hardest character to beat Marie with imo.
best strategy am i rite
-Damn son, where'd you find this? Looks like you ripped it out of a certain horror game/ author's works. But do ya see me caring? Hell no. It was used with damn good effect too.
-Oh no, don't make me do this OH NO DON'T PLAY DAYBREAK YOU JACKASSES
-dat Lorenzo face tho
-And to top it all off:
VcvqgO3.png
I sure do like my Old Spice, don't I?

Overall, I can see why it was said that this was the biggest of all stories. I'm still trying to process it while writing this.

Because having a district of New Meridian being called Little Insmouth means nothing at all, right?
It means that Alex Ahad likes to make references to other works, it doesn't mean that he's a die hard fan of Lovecraftian Horror and it doesn't mean that he's trying to emulate its themes entirely.

Alex Ahad creative on his own, we shouldn't use the writing styles of other authors to figure out what he's doing.

@DmitiriAwesometh If Chuck Norris was a black man, he'd be Terry Crews.

It means that Alex Ahad likes to make references to other works, it doesn't mean that he's a die hard fan of Lovecraftian Horror and it doesn't mean that he's trying to emulate it's themes entirely.

Skullgirls is stuffed to the gills with shout-outs to just about everything.

(Zing...)

Skullgirls is ridiculously stuffed with shout-outs to just about everything.
I know but FakeangeL talks as if he knows exactly what's going on because he read the Cthulu Mythos when really he's just in the dark like the rest of us.

Man, this story mode.

Double? Oh, Double... You got so much development and is making us lore fanatics to ask and theorize to orgasmic levels.

And also.

tumblr_ncsa1tsaob1u091s1o1_1280.png

tumblr_ncsa1tsaob1u091s1o2_1280.png

tumblr_ncsa1tsaob1u091s1o3_1280.png

I would make a wish to the Skullheart to play with a Double with her own set of moves. Unfortunately, I don't think the Trinity has the money and task force to draw and animate the billions of frames to do that.

It means that Alex Ahad likes to make references to other works, it doesn't mean that he's a die hard fan of Lovecraftian Horror and it doesn't mean that he's trying to emulate it's themes entirely.

He's creative on his own, we shouldn't be using the writing styles of other authors to figure out what he's doing with the story.
That's so not the point.

Let me put this in a very simple manner: Skullgirls has lovecraftian influences in it. From Little Insmouth to Dagons to Venus. Remember her? She was a being that the human mind could not comprehend, she could bend space in whatever form she saw fit and by the time you saw what you thought was her, you were already trapped with no way out.

Say, what does this reminds you of? If you thought about the Elder Gods in Cthulhu mythos, you were correct

Reactions: dead
So how could have Eliza possibly killed them? If she just killed their avatars, then why would mother be that pissed? That'd be no different from if double was destroyed.

So the only logical explanations are:
- Eliza is as much of a god as they are
I'm going with a combination of these. Neferu and Lamia were goddesses on earth and Neferu betrayed Lamia and her kin. As a equal, Lamia couldn't be destroyed but only banished. However, Lamia's daughters aren't likely as strong so while they couldn't be wholly annihilated, their earthly bodies could be destroyed and banished to the metaphysical realm. This is all likely exclusive to Theon-on-Theon violence because I'd wager a mere mortal couldn't even put a dent on A&V...or maybe he/she could. Let's remember the cases of Nancy and Selene that demonstrate man-made weaponry can off a Skullgirl.

I'm guessing that was Double in disguise, which explains why Marie is still alive.
I think Double stayed dead in Gehenna. IMHO, Mega Maid was Marie's body controlled by the Skullheart who, in turn, is being controlled by Lamia. If Marie saw Eliza going to stomp some Medici ass, I don't think she'd interfere.
And bearing in mind she makes those giant hands to prevent the broken part of the Medici Tower to collapse, making a "battle suit" isn't all that far fetched.

I would make a wish to the Skullheart to play with a Double with her own set of moves.
Thirded.

That's so not the point.
I just don't think it's enough to warrant your certainty, that's all.

That's so not the point.

Let me put this in a very simple manner: Skullgirls has lovecraftian influences in it. From Little Insmouth to Dagons to Venus. Remember her? She was a being that the human mind could not comprehend, she could bend space in whatever form she saw fit and by the time you saw what you thought was her, you were already trapped with no way out.

Say, what does this reminds you of? If you thought about the Elder Gods in Cthulhu mythos, you were correct
That's a bit subjective. I doubt Aeon and Venus can visit the world willy nilly. Its strongly implied in Venus' dlc description that Venus can't enter the world fully. Are they eldrich Abominations? Yes. Are they all powerful? Close, but no dice.

Reactions: Denizen
The Elder Gods also can't enter the world willy nilly.

Besides, if they were dead for good, why would Double have lines implying that they are alive and kicking (and meddling) like "Aeon, why have you forsaken me"?

Reactions: Undeadtoon
I think that a character written in the style of a lovecraftian work would bring together lovecraftian tropes.

That's not a difficult association to make.

And one of these tropes is that death doesn't mean much to gods.
I'm still not convinced that the Trinity are actual gods who are straight up immune to death in all forms in the style of your Old Ones. Like Undeadtoon said, they're powerful and weird, but they can be beaten.
They're not Elder Gods, they're Skullgirls characters with Parasites.

upload_2014-10-1_16-17-54.png

Eliza"what do you think?"
Mike "NO"
Eliza "wha?! but alex said it ok"
Mike "You're not walking out of this beta looking like that now go change right now young lady"
Eliza "But miiiiiike~"
Mike "No butts now go change"
Eliza "FINE! I'LL GO CHANGE"
*Eliza walks up stair*
Eliza "I'll change into my birthday suit"
tumblr_ncrd3hcnQn1qdpo53o1_500.png

Eliza "AND drink a beer cause I ain't scared of mike z you lil' p- "
Mike "You saying something up there?"
Eliz "N-no"

There is no distinction between a god and a sufficiently powerful being.
That's really up to you, other people can define those words differently.

I'm gonna resolve everyone's questions right now.... I say we find Alex Ahad and Kent Salvatore and demand answers

Just because you killed a god doesn't mean that they stay dead.
I know nothing of whatever you keep referencing, but if Aeon and Venus really aren't dead (in that timeline/universe), I don't understand why Double is as upset as she is, and says "you killed my children" or whatever.

The Elder Gods also can't enter the world willy nilly.

Besides, if they were dead for good, why would Double have lines implying that they are alive and kicking (and meddling) like "Aeon, why have you forsaken me"?
Double is a lesser eldrich abomination. She probably doesn't really know for sure herself. Besides, I'm pretty sure that wasn't really Double at the end of Eliza's story mode....

Also seeing double do the stuff she did in her cutscenes, makes me realize how lame her in game character sprites are. lol
People keep asking for a "Double 2/Triple/whatever" to have added frames for new characters. What if we got a "True Double" instead, one that morphs like the one we saw in that ending? That would be dope. It could have that weird Double super thing, too.
tumblr_lzlj8v8N7X1qanw3wo1_1280.gif

People keep asking for a "Double 2/Triple/whatever" to have added frames for new characters. What if we got a "True Double" instead, one that morphs like the one we saw in that ending? That would be dope. It could have that weird Double super thing, too.

I think we're gonna have to wait for a sequel to get a Double with an original moveset. Otherwise you throw the balance off.

I think we're gonna have to wait for a sequel to get a Double with an original moveset. Otherwise you throw the balance off.
Huh? How would making a second Double throw balance off? I know we have to wait, since, like, no funding to make a new character with original moves, but I don't think balance has anything to do with it.

Both Double and Jaeger!Marie were temporary vessels for Lamia/Mother, the first either being controlled directly or acting while in sync with Lamia's emotions and the second controlled indirectly through the official Trinity walkie-talkie™ (aka Skullheart).

And as much as I'd love to see Double as her own fully-fledged character, we all know we can get the same results with Venus. Support Venus! :P

Reactions: GNR
Yeah balance isn't the issue here. If that was the case Fukua wouldn't have been a surprise character. Money to actually make the character is what we have to worry about, and chances are Lab Zero probably doesn't quite have that money yet.

Both Double and Jaeger!Marie were temporary vessels for Lamia/Mother, the first either being controlled directly or acting while in sync with Lamia's emotions and the second controlled indirectly through the official Trinity walkie-talkie™ (aka Skullheart).
Is that what was going on? Wow. Hmm. So, is Lamia the big eye that we see Double talking to at the beginning of her story mode? Does she have a form (that could potentially be playable like Aeon and Venus)? Lamia's are snake people, right?

And as much as I'd love to see Double as her own fully-fledged character, we all know we can get the same results with Venus. Support Venus! :P
I would support Venus over True Double/Lamia Double(?) any day just for story mode purposes.

Is that what was going on? Wow. Hmm. So, is Lamia the big eye that we see Double talking to at the beginning of her story mode? Does she have a form (that could potentially be playable like Aeon and Venus)? Lamia's are snake people, right?
You see Lamia's statue in the Cathedral, as well as her depiction in the stained glass. Until now, she has been referred to as Mother. She mostly looks like Double's nun form but with a skeletal half mask similar to that of lil' ol' me. :3

And yes, Lamia is a mythological name. A queen of Libya, mistress of Zeus, cursed by Hera to become a child-devouring demon as well as never sleep again (Zeus granted Lamia the "gift" to remove her eyes so she could rest).

(2000 posts. Dang...)

Well we know one thing for sure. If Skullgirls continues, it won't be the last time we visit hell. Something tells me there are secrets there yet discovered that might give us more insight on the tragedy that apparently happened.

I'm pretty sure Alex confirmed somewhere that the skull heart couldn't just be destroyed; and even the other story modes confirmed it. Thus Marie came back, because no one made a wish and therefore did not create a new host.

This is actually a good point

So, is this literally, truely the darkest timeline?

It seems we lost the "Deal with it." winpose and the "Victory looks great on me." dress. The other dresses seem to have shifted around, with the new ones on LP and HK.
nope deal with it its still there

soo uh 3 crosses = a trinity
ooh thnks i dont know why but i kinda though it was jesus and the two guys besides him when he was crucified

Last edited by a moderator:
ooh thnks i dont know why but i kinda though it was jesus and the two guys besides him when he was crucified

The term "Trinity" is obviously a nod to Christian mythology, but that refers to the three aspects of God and doesn't refer to those crucified alongside Christ. So I'm not sure how you got that.

Never seen a skeleton look this flirty before.
Z9CY5pR.jpg
Even the ankh arm is folding into an "oh you, teehee~".
if you look closely you cn see that the top part of the ankh is in a heart shape <3 damn sekh you sexy

also dont post 2 things within the same minute of each other and double post, you can edit your posts. . .

Never seen a skeleton look this flirty before.
Z9CY5pR.jpg
Even the ankh arm is folding into an "oh you, teehee~".

Sekhmet feeling up Eliza's fleshy leg with her skeletal hand really drives home the sexiness.

I notta perv.............oh who am I kidding? I'm a total sexual deviant...*cries*