• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Street Fighter 4

You still think they remember their beat-em-up days? Or anything other than RE, MH and SF?
yeah but think, lots of people want lin kurosawa, but the problem is that its not lilely she'll be playable considering she's caught between 2 companies who dont want to get along.

so, how do you put a character in that people want but cant use because of legal issues? use a character that can utilize the same moveset.

we just need Ultra Street Fighter 4: Female Wrestling Edition
featuring
Skullowomania

you don't know how much that just hurt me.

Shoryu fadc isnt safe on block in the test. I'm scared.

uwn5lc43.jpg

They will announce that the 5th characters voice sounds like that of a woman. Or announce another announcement. I’m so curious to find out Capcom! ... not.

Because it has Street Fighter in it.
Daisyisthe5thcharacter

Reactions: jam1220
Is it possible to pre-order yet?

More 5th character hints.

-She is "a little on the speedy side" in terms of mobility.
-She is "likely to be a bit of nuisance" to fight against.
-"In fact, when we finally reveal who she is, at least initially, probably nobody will be happy about it."
-Ono said that, after scrolling through a ton of internet comments (from where, he didn't specify) he only saw about four posts that correctly guessed the 5th character.
-This hint has been given before, but he reiterated that the character is female, from the existing SF universe, and has never been playable in a fighting game before. He also deconfirmed Retsu and R. Mika by name, but that's kind of redundant considering the hints we have.

I still think with this information both Decapre and Lita are likely speculations.

I am kinda unsure about Sarai since Ibuki herself wasnt even in the story until her legends series started and that was at the tail end of the SF2 comic's story. I have only read the first two issues of the Ibuki Legends comic so I dont know how much Sarai is in the entire volume.

-"In fact, when we finally reveal who she is, at least initially, probably nobody will be happy about it."
I guess this rules out Lita. :P

Gotta respect the beautiful minds behind this marketing campaign: "Nobody's gonna like the character so let's drag the reveal for as long as we can. GET HYPE, SON!"

Keeping my e-money on it being Rose's master from the Udon comics.

I guess this rules out Lita. :P

Gotta respect the beautiful minds behind this marketing campaign: "Nobody's gonna like the character so let's drag the reveal for as long as we can. GET HYPE, SON!"

Keeping my e-money on it being Rose's master from the Udon comics.
Balder, I am probably super far from Ono's radar TBH. :P
and I think Ono and team are like "you know what? keep talking shit. we know and you don't, so we're gonna let that drive you nuts"

whoever she is, I imagine I'll get a good laugh out of the salt

whoever she is, I imagine I'll get a good laugh out of the salt
same here. Doubly so if Decapre or Luwanda is the 5th.
anyone but axe girl or noembelu because boring t-hawk is boring

i especially want it to be someone that would make sanoblaze mad because that would just be entertaining
so let's go noembelu

i especially want it to be someone that would make sanoblaze mad because that would just be entertaining
so let's go noembelu
I ALMOST made it look like we could get along....

and yes... I would be super salty if it was Noembelu...

That’s just too rich :D

I remember how they said over the last few years that they are in contact with the fans and trying to get them what they want. And how the crowd got nuts before the announcement of Ultra at EVO with Capcom telling them: "It’s happening: Your wishes come true!".

They are trolling the whiner’s big time, and I like it. Because out of this, I begin to think we could really get a decent character. Gameplay-wise, everything else doesn’t bother me.

Because if they really would want to please the fans, what are they going to do? They had to pick the character most people are bagging over. For example: Karin. I hear this every time the topic comes up, Karin here Karin there. If they are really going to put her in the game, what then? The people would fangasm over it, for like 2 minutes, find out that she doesn’t play like they want or even better that she doesn’t look like they want her to and start complaining. For months, if that’s enough. After that: Begging for the next character. It’s always the same with Street Fighter "Fans". I put the word "Fans" out, because I highly doubt these naggers are really playing the game. I saw it happening with every new character announcement over the years.

Just do it Capcom, punch the noisy kids in the face and deliver. I can’t wait for the fake tears all over the internet. And if I also get a nice character for it, even better.

What if its Girl Q
an obsessive fangirl of Q that tries to hunt him down and marry him
What if the Q fangirl is Decapre and all she wants to do is rub masks with him?
just thinking about him gives her hamburger face goosebumps.

Reactions: CapnWTF
......yeah I'm just gonna stay outta this one....

Reactions: Error Macro
What if its Girl Q
an obsessive fangirl of Q that tries to hunt him down and marry him

Hm… I really am lonely sometimes when I travel around the world fighting and stuff. How does she look like? Is she nice? How about cooking? I’m a lousy cook.

no one knows what Girl Q looks like, much like Normal Q. Her interests include Q, fighting people, and wrestling. Her best meal to cook is whoopass with a side of dicks for her opponents to eat.

Reactions: Φ
no one knows what Girl Q looks like, much like Normal Q. Her interests include Q, fighting people, and wrestling. Her best meal to cook is whoopass with a side of dicks for her opponents to eat.
So hot.

you do realize that the mentality you have is the reason Ono stated it.

I'm sure he's aware that tons of people wont be happy and some will refuse to regardless. which is so amazing how he's just flat out trolling his hardest. I applaud Ono for his recent actions. people who think they are entitled to characters are gonna get mad butthurt but if THIS ONE CHARACTER is gonna be the make or break for whether or not people are gonna continue playing or even get ultra, fine. they can go fuck off for all I care. I play street fighter because I love many aspects of it. NOT JUST SPECIFIC CHARACRTERS.

AND THEY CAN'T GET THE RIGHTS TO KARIN! so stop bringing her up! JEEZ!

This 5th character BS went overboard a long ago. It backfired when they started spoiling details and now is more of an annoyance than anything else. It's not building hype anymore.

That said, they never spared a SINGLE word talking something good to the "mysterious character" or how would it add something to the game. All of the others would please the fans and in some cases, give the character a well deserved second chance.

And they CAN get the rights to karin, if they open their f*cking wallets and spend a bit to bring back a character that's part of SF history.

My last hope for her is tekken x SF. She fits tekken style pretty well and i trust namco bandai more than capcom for bringing anything new to the table.

Also, wasn't strider hiryu created by a mangaka too? and here we see a strider in marvel 3, strider in a new game...

Last edited:
Have they revealed Cammy 2 yet? No? Okay then.

I'm pretty sure my "hype meter" for this 5th character went down this road:
Announcement of said character:
tumblr_inline_n0ifctaidt1r992p0.gif
One month after:
tumblr_inline_mzue2omCpT1r3zo8e.jpg
Two months after:
tumblr_inline_n0ibn5l9hM1sp27kc.gif
Three months after:
tumblr_inline_mxf3u7Ob4o1qlfj4w.jpg
Four months after:
tumblr_inline_mpvyxpoi9x1qz4rgp.gif

tumblr_inline_mpvyrrJ8m31qz4rgp.gif
Now:
tumblr_mkht79TsMh1s46koto1_r1_500.gif

Unnecessary specificness for the win!

this pretty much has become like Balder said,

Bizarro Waifu Wars.

All of the others would please the fans and in some cases, give the character a well deserved second chance.

And they CAN get the rights to karin, if they open their f*cking wallets and spend a bit to bring back a character that's part of SF history.

My last hope for her is tekken x SF. She fits tekken style pretty well and i trust namco bandai more than capcom for bringing anything new to the table.
first off, there would still be people who would be butthurt the character they want didn't get in... like the waifu wars.

We have seen Capcom hasnt been doing great in terms of finances, so I doubt they have the cash to blow on a character to use. and Karin isn't really THAT much of Street Fighter's history as other characters. she was a singular rival in the alpha series and that's pretty much it, outside of Sakura Legends.

also, DO YOU MEAN LILI? FROM TEKKEN? like, why would they add Karin when they got Lili?

Ugh, I'm really hoping the fifth character doesn't turn out to be somebody's pet. The "speedy nuisance" description has me a little worried.

But hey, maybe it could be Fair Libra!? I bet she's pretty fast on those skates.
Judge4.gif

And look, she's a Q fan!

also, DO YOU MEAN LILI? FROM TEKKEN? like, why would they add Karin when they got Lili?

1 - Not the same fighting style
2 - Sakura+Karin vs Asuka+Lili would be godlike

OBJECTION OVERRULED

Karin vs. Lili would be a true battle of the OOOOOOOOOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOOOOOOO

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
Karin vs. Lili would be a true battle of the OOOOOOOOOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOOOOOOO

Which one is the true rich bitch?

Also, wasn't strider hiryu created by a mangaka too? and here we see a strider in marvel 3, strider in a new game...
Capcom (mouthpieced by Killian): Strider can't be in MvC3 because copyright issues.
*6 months later*
Capcom: The fans clamored for it so here's Strider in UMvC3! Also Nemesis, Phoenix Wright and Ghost Rider even though we explicitly said they wouldn't be added to MvC3 because reasons.

I think they're really just being dicks about Karin. Unless she was created by Cee McNeil, in which case, well, can't blame Capcom. :3

This whole situation is bogus, on both sides. The trolling is juvenile and while I don't mind it, given Capcom's historical of acting spiteful towards certain fanbases of their IPs as well as people who left the company, it would be nice if "not acting like a asshole" could be Capcom's normal for once.
On the other hand, in a game that has almost 50 characters, leaving the decision to buy it or not rely solely on one character, is childish, especially since the people who make those statements should have hopped off the USFIV train a long time. The hints just narrow down possibilities even further so those bitching they won't get the game because the 5th character isn't Alex (to name a example) have made their point ages ago and should stop hammering that shit every time a new hint is given.
Personally, yeah, I'm salty the last character isn't a returning veteran (Eagle, Sodom, Karin, Mika, Q, Necro or Alex would all be good choices for me) or even a new character (I honestly think the new characters in 4 are some of the best in the series - Juri, Hakan, Rufus, Seth and Abel are all favorites of mine) but I'm pretty content with the 4 characters being added, even if they're "SfxT ports", they're characters I wanted in SFIV.

tl;dr - getting the game but at this moment, couldn't give a flying monkey's ass about the 5th character

And Karin would blow Lili out of the face of the Earth. Literally. Mademoiselle Rochefort doesn't have a satellite laser.

You all are crazy.

even though I believe Lili has a much better level of tsundere rich girl. we all know the true victor of this battle of tsundere rich girls.

bb-rachel-alucard.jpg

Reactions: Spellbound
didn't say i wouldn't buy the game because of the 5th char BS. i said i won't buy day one because i already bought super and AE. it'll be the third time i am forced to buy characters to have some balancing dammit!

But enough with this dumb mistery is enough. they only REALLY added ONE character (the rest is ported, what kills 50% of the hard work on it. Error00001 even started porting rolento, just by hacking! that goes as a testament of how hard they worked on it). Now you couple that with no reveal, no playtest and you can already imagine that her balancing will be off unless she clones other char's moves.

They give all the reasons in the world for us to think it is something bad. how can you expect people to be happy with it?

Last, but not least, SSF4AE is a game overly "bare bones" for the price. No art gallery, no sound test, no real story mode, only two bonus modes (they weren't bold enough to create a new one), no tutorial (and it is a game full of unique mechanics), the training mode is incomplete (when you compare it with the work Mike Z did on SG training mode, you might as well start laughing... or crying) and the customization options are all paid and shallow (compare it with tekken, SFxT, KI, Soul Calibur... you got the idea).

if USF4 fixes half of it, it'll be worth the 10 bucks. if not, no reason to buy it before any sale.