• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Street Fighter 4

Obviously i've only barely scratched SFIV so I don't know...anything technical...but I may play with this more depending on how hard Ibuki is getting nerfed.

The only SFIV I played was Vanilla.
I was gonna get Super, then other games came out
I was gonna get AE, but then I got distracted
I was gonna get AE 2012, but then Blazblue came out
Now I'm getting Ultra Street Fighter IV with all the alternate costumes and shit.

<--- me actually feinting because i get my rose u2 gimmics back and my viper will have actual reversals

also, theres the possibility that this is a MODE, meaning there might still be normal ultra stuff going on alongside this. let's wait to throw the schoolyard insults like "crapcom"
I use "crapcom" because they have screwed up to many times. I'm not just talking about Street Fighter either.

I still have faith in Capcom though. o3o with this and Strider, I think Capcom might be slowly getting on the right track.

capcom didn't even develop strider they outsourced it and the original director directed

Still was a good game. I think Capcom proving they can be a good publisher is enough for me.

>Mains Juri and Subs Evil Ryu

Welp... Looks like I can't use this cool feature for myself. :^)

So, I haven't played SFIV since Vanilla.
I always played Abel, mostly.
Any characters I could try besides him when it launches?
For some reason I was garbage as Ryu though.
Couldn't understand.

I don't know what all the hubbub is about. This isn't Capcom's first rodeo into this sort of thing.

Besides, this gives me Super Dan back.

Well after reading that Edition Select will just be a mode, I guess that's okay(as long as it stays as a mode). I guess I'll give it a shot when it comes out because I did kinda enjoy AE Yun.

It has to be a separate mode, there's no way there were gonna through with that. If it was the default mode you would only see very few characters rotating.
Vanilla Sagat, Akuma, Ryu, Rufus, Seth, Viper
Super Cammy, Bison, Adon, Chun, Abel
AE Yun, Fei, Yang, Makoto

In a sense almost everyone else is gonna be obsolete.. there's a REASON why these characters were patched and adjusted for 4 different versions, and no bringing them all back at once for a massive clusterfuck is not that reason lol.
Just imagine Vanilla Akuma vs Hugo, dude wont even get to move <__>

Vanilla Sagats the only real problem imo.

This is hype as fuck though for balancing, its interesting as hell.

I hope tournaments at least have side tournaments of this for awhile to test the waters.

PRAISE THE SUN

Oh well, good. Good good good.
So all it is, is a dumb fun distraction.
Got it.

Because Capcom just couldn't be bothered with adding a option to choose Edition Select or Ultra matches for online play. :|

I guess it can be good for tournaments if people can agree what versions can be used, likely settling for one version per character.
Cue Sagat players saying everyone that's against vanilla Sagat prefers to whine instead of adapt (while that is a growing problem in the community, some things do need nerfing).

crazy-laughter.jpg

Tournament standard my ass

It probably won't be stable and tested enough for CEO or EVO this year...

But fuck it I'll enter side tournaments and if it ends up being the standard I'm for it.

Because Capcom just couldn't be bothered with adding a option to choose Edition Select or Ultra matches for online play. :|
that or they knew people would have a shit fit.

also, it probably takes a lot of coding for having something like an EX version of a character, much less 4.

It probably won't be stable and tested enough for CEO or EVO this year...

But fuck it I'll enter side tournaments and if it ends up being the standard I'm for it.
please, I want this at Evo so badly

They could just give lobby makers the option to pick a version. It's not the all-encompassing solution but people could at least play online vanilla, Super, AE, AE 2012 or Ultra lobbies.

I dont see how it not being online is a bad thing. this is really a mode friends will play for laughs.

I mean, I would love to see a patch or an add-on for it to be online, so long as they explain "yo, heres why it would cost money" if they did charge.

we'll still play Ultra version online, and we get our barrel of laughs previous version mode as well, even if its not online. also, we're getting the mode with the game. so it justifies the purchase of Ultra that much more.

It should be tournament legal that gives this game WAYY more hype and appeal. Also for the people complaining stfu or pick a better character, Vanilla sagat is back baby.

I would love to see a patch or an add-on for it to be online.
Ultra Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition home port:PUN:

Personally, this is the best outcome. I want to play the alleged balanced game and not be bombarded with vanilla Sagats and AE Yuns but for people who want to goof around with this but don't have anyone to play with locally, the entire thing is pointless.

Anywho, about two more weeks for the grand reveal no one's really all that interested in.

Anywho, about two more weeks for the grand reveal no one's really all that interested in.
I still kinda hope its Lita or Decapre. mainly cuz Lita really needs to prove she can hold her own especially since Delta Red was garbage in the Udon comics. and I think they could make Decapre interesting.

and I think they could make Decapre interesting.

I second that. Also, just think of the reactions when the mysterious 5th character turns out to be a clone of Cammy "Scumbag" White. Even if Decapre looks nothing like her at first, it will be fantastic to witness the internet rage.

And actually I’m quite interested in the reveal again now that it is close by, I can’t wait for the huge amounts of salty naggers Capcom promised me.

Decapre does sound like she could be a cool character even if she is just a Cammy clone. I was diasppointed we didn't get another character from one of the other street fighters. I would have preferred Alex or Q.

They could just give lobby makers the option to pick a version. It's not the all-encompassing solution but people could at least play online vanilla, Super, AE, AE 2012 or Ultra lobbies.
or just a lobby where you can play edition select.

Again people, I would love to be in this game, but Capcom hates me. I don’t know why.

She's the doll with the mask, right?

Jup, that’s her. And that’s one of the reasons how they can make her work: Give her a new hairstyle, a new outfit and a mixed up voice and no one will notice she’s a clone.

Pair that with an all-new fighting style and you got a good character, it’s as easy as that.

And actually I’m quite interested in the reveal again now that it is close by, I can’t wait for the huge amounts of salty naggers Capcom promised me.
Would be better to see people actually looking forward to the character but it seems what most want out of this is a character that will get the most people pissed off. Bizarro Waifu War.

I think both Decapre and Sarai are out of the question because Capcom said the character "wouldn't be in anyone's radar" and those two are pretty much the most talked about choices once they said the character was female.
I don't think it's Lita either; my bet is on a Udon OC. Again, I bring up their wording - "perfect fit for the SF universe", this can be read to imply that a) the character has never been in the games, not even as a NPC; and b) was not designed by Capcom themselves.

Oh there will be people who will look forward to her. I consider myself to this faction, without yet knowing who she is. But she’s new, got to be hype for that.

But the thing is: The ones actually satisfied with her and which will look forward to play her will drown in the pure mass of salt and hate. It happens every time and this time even Capcom said it is likely happen. That’s new. I’ll hope to be proven wrong, but the community is just too predictable when it comes to reveals.

While she is no Q and thus inferior, I think I will like her. Just because she pissed of so many people already before even showing herself, that lady definitely has style.

let's all look forward to the fifth character, already making the salty butthurts just shake them salt shakers in their buttcheeks even before she was released.

Back