• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Street Fighter V

Upon rewatching the trailer, yeah, she's totally Mary.

That fireball is like... a poor man's aegis reflector? It didn't even reach the opponent both times it was used in the trailer.

Energy costs here in brazil are expensive lately, she can't afford a big fireball

I try (heavy emphasis on try) to main Blue Mary in the KoF games, and Laura here doesn't look exactly like that style, but I getting the same vibes. Counter/punish heavy with a psuedo DP hit-grab and plenty of options to mix you up with. Your opponent should be wary because they have no idea how you'll come in or attempt to counter them. I love that style.

That fireball is like... a poor man's aegis reflector? It didn't even reach the opponent both times it was used in the trailer.
She uses it mid combo at some points

WOAH HOLD UP?! Is the banana seller guy...THE SAME MUSTACHIO'D NPC FROM THE SKYSCRAPER UNDER CONSTRUCTION STAGE IN SFIV? So that's what he's been up to after all this time...

Reactions: Shockdingo
Fireballs don't need to move at all
This still looks like rather good space control
This move can be anywhere between absolutely godlike to entirely useless based on the video footage.. shrug

yeah, paying money to beta test a video game sure is a privilege

I don't like pre-order culture, but this whole 'beta test our game' is just a way for people to play the game early. PC players have been left out once already and our second chance is on a weekend. If this is the 2nd out of 3 we're given, how long will we wait for another beta until the game launches in March?

You paid money to buy the game.

That you get to beta test it is the privilege... as evidenced by the temper tantrums being thrown.

Frankly, if people are so upset that they preordered the game and don't get the same beta time... cancel the fucking preorder. I just solved all of the problems!

Buy the game if you want it. Don't if you don't. Suck up the tears.

Everyone also needs to realize that if you aren't happy with your beta-experience you can just cancel the preorder before release. One of the benefits of Steam.

Reactions: Spencer
Everyone also needs to realize that if you aren't happy with your beta-experience you can just cancel the preorder before release. One of the benefits of Steam.
Or any other retailer. I did that with Amazon.

You paid money to buy the game.
That you get to beta test it is the privilege... as evidenced by the temper tantrums being thrown.

I don't think you understand what I mean

''''''beta testing'''''' is not a privilege, it is a marketing gimmick.

the ''''''beta testing'''''' that was implied means 'play the game half a year early even though it'll be buggy'

You can call that a privilege, but do not mistake it for what we are being given currently

I'm completely fine with waiting until the full games comes out, but it seems unfair that Capcom would market their preorder with a fancy beta access when it's really only a few select days of the year when you can ''''''GET EXCLUSIVE ACCESS TO THE STREET FIGHTER V BETA''''''

I preordered my game through GMG at a discounted price. If I wanted a refund for my Steam key, I wouldn't be able to do since Steam doesn't offer refunds for game keys. I can't refund it through GMG since I already used the key on Steam, so thanks for the advice.

yeah... so i'm just going to see if this truely makes or breaks my thoughts on getting SFV. I mean I played a bit of it two months ago and it was... okay? It certainty was a crud ton better than SF4 which I am happy about, but I really just need to sit down and you know, giving it two whole days to make out stuff and get a true feeling for this game.

Are the ps4 people lucky in how they got a ton of time to play the first beta? yeah, but i'm not going to whine about it and if the cross play works well then this might actually be okay.

I'm excited to play the new characters, because I hated that I was winning most matches with Birdie. I want somebody to play as that I actually like.

the ''''''beta testing'''''' that was implied means 'play the game half a year early even though it'll be buggy'

You can call that a privilege, but do not mistake it for what we are being given currently

I'm completely fine with waiting until the full games comes out, but it seems unfair that Capcom would market their preorder with a fancy beta access when it's really only a few select days of the year when you can ''''''GET EXCLUSIVE ACCESS TO THE STREET FIGHTER V BETA''''''

I preordered my game through GMG at a discounted price. If I wanted a refund for my Steam key, I wouldn't be able to do since Steam doesn't offer refunds for game keys. I can't refund it through GMG since I already used the key on Steam, so thanks for the advice.

Well... there's always a downside for going off Steam. Caveat emptor.

In any case, the reason I refer to it as a privilege is because you're right... it's early access not beta (I imagine the vast, vast majority of people aren't actually sending in bug fixes, etc.). It is merely additional game time that you can try it out before it launches.

My point is merely thus: people need to quit whining about any bonuses they've been given. Gift horses and all that shit. It makes people look petty, childish, and like they have unbelievably out-of-whack priorities.

Last edited:
Reactions: old_gus

It must sucks, you work on a perfect presentation for some big reveal that you've been teasing for months, and then, the informatio leaks 1 week earlier.

Like, i feel bad, but i feel even worse for looking and trying to find those leaks.

Reactions: BallotBoxer
I found one live video but It wasnt in hd so I decided to wait for the official reveal.....but I did see dat *** before I closed the video....

once again I have mixed feelings.

This is why I was so confused at the video coming out today, I thought today was the day of the reveal. How on earth are so many things going wrong when everything's been held together properly so far? I do feel bad for Ono, the guy really puts a lot into these hints and presentations and he's got to fly from brazil to New York and God knows where to next without much rest combined with ALL his other duties...this bit of fun is what keeps him going. :(

He tweeted about SCEA stabbing him in the back as well, so clearly this wasn't supposed to happen.

I want the next people hosting the next trailer to be like "just send us the trailer anytime"
and Ono is all like "no. I will bring it."
and he comes in with the only copy of the trailer, in a suitcase, handcuffed to his arm.

and he's holding the Blanka doll in his other arm.

It seems like the fireball was used as a bait though. Like she threw it out there, it was in the opponents face when they got off the ground so they were forced to block it, but she grabbed them instead. At least that's how I saw it in the trailer... kinda does suck if she really can't use it in combos but there's no hands on gameplay yet to be sure.

Someone stole juri pants...She looks cheerful though...Your CA is very..."street fighter", i guess... Really resemble Blue Mary...

Beta testing in only a marketing gimmick when it's done where there actually isn't any true testing done.

The SFV beta has shown otherwise in fact multiple tests and updates were done on during the testing periods.

Not every real beta lasts for half a year. In fact, the set number of days actually mirrors the arcade location tests that these kind of games often had in Japan.

And before you complain about the pre-order requirement, understand that this applies only to the US. The rest of the world, over half of those in the beta, didn't pre-order and actually had to manually apply to get into the beta.

~Skullgirls playerbase~

I've played Street Fighter a lot longer than I've played Skullgirls, and I don't know but I believe fireballs in combos are a staple in those games.

Which is untrue anyway, since she can

Based solely on the trailer she can combo into the ex version of her fireball. There's no evidence that she can combo into her normal fireballs. I also was careful to say though that we have no hands on gameplay so I don't know if its true or not.

>New York

11260256_776734885774401_1613208465_n.gif

o baby

ah so that's Ken's stage then
I know you're right, and it was what I thought of as well, but I don't want you to be.

Agreed. That's more likely to be Ken's stage rather than an Alex confirm wished by speculators.

Wow, any more leaks and Ono is going to go Necalli berserker rage, complete with glowing red hair, and devour-our-our the Capcom staff's souls.

Speaking of Ono:
What's under the sheet? The finalized Ryu statue for collector's edition?

If it is Brazilian time (what i imagine it is)

in 1h and 42 minutes from the time of this post.

Reactions: Shockdingo
well that definitely looks like alex, also whats up with Zangief's air grab? at least i think that's an air grab, looks weird as hell how it changes his momentum

Well, that would mean they modeled him, get ready for DLC.

Watch Urien be a background NPC on an Illuminati stage. Or Mexico.

fuck this game

fuck everything.
This doesn't mean he's NOT in the game guys, don't flip out yet. Remember Hugo in the SSF4 Metro city stage and Balrog, Vega, Bison in the African Airfield stage. I'm pretty sure this is the first of many teases. Dude will probably be in the first salvo of DLC.

Reactions: Aden
alrog, Vega, Bison in the African Airfield stage
Was actually about to post this as well.