• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Street Fighter V

WHAT IF IT'S THIS GUY

latest

Reactions: Professor Icepick
Then he picked quite the outfit for being in NY.

Completely possible though.

Axl from Final Fight by the by. Was also a background NCP in the Mad Gear Hideout stage in USF4/SFxT

Also, they wouldn't make such specific character model for no reason.

And while he isn't very animated, they already have some material.

Also.
WHAT IF IT'S THIS GUY

latest

If you pay attention, the character on the background have the same green pants that alex uses, and also, the red markings under the eye, like alex.

So i'm sure it is alex.

Balrog is also American, Tyson is from NY. Did we ever get the follow up on those showgirls or has that just not been brought back up again? They don't appear to be on the Rio stage.

I wonder how many people here that want to play Mika played actually played her.

Anyway,
A video has been posted on Twitter that showcases a stage we have not yet seen in Street Fighter 5. This stage resembles the New York stage from Third Strike.
I love Event Hubs, they're not even trying.

Reactions: PKStoopKid
I'm actually surprised she got a life size statue.

Funny, because, look, i love Sean, but he is a weakling, like, i'm not talking about game balance.

But, he tries to learn shotokan, but ken refuses to actually teach him and just use him as punching bag for his son.

So, i wonder, what that matsuda means, maybe sean's family is actually good at fighting and sean is a even bigger loser?

Reactions: Professor Icepick
Does anybody knows why in sfV Rio's Christ resemble a giant golden cup?

Sean is more well-rounded, obviously
he might not be the best fighter, but can anyone else in his family slam like he does? Nope.

Reactions: BeatNinja
And because that is secretly the new objective of our "dear" president Dilma.

Reactions: Ktulu
i can't believe that the brazilian president is trying to kill jesus again

Besides the back of her pants I really like the design. She seems like a really fun character. Not as fun as Mika, but fun enough to try and see where things go. I find it amusing that her v-skill is essentially an fadc (minus the extra inputs). I imagine a lot of people going to her purely because of that.

That said, I have no idea what moves cancel into her v-skill or what her v-skill can cancel into.

Yeah the pants make no sense. Juri's pants made sense. She had a weird cowboy chaps kind of thing, while Laura just wore pants to highlight the butt. And then pulled a thong over it.

Does anybody knows why in sfV Rio's Christ resemble a giant golden cup?
Either Jesus doesn't exist in the Street Figther universe or he got killed like Socrates, drinking a cup of hemlock (thus SF Christians use cup instead of cross symbols). Maybe the SF Brazilian government hates its people. It made a giant metal chalice statue that reflects glaring sunlight, wastes tax dollars on polish and anti-corrosives, and becomes a vat of stagnant water perfect for clouds of malaria-carrying mosquitoes.

Oh, um, back to reality.

Laura: "BOOM! That's how you start the fight and finish it quickly!"
The intro quote and squirming around doesn't make sense. I don't know what she is trying to convey (and the read on "boom" is weird).

And that Matsuda clue is interesting. I just hope Laura's storyline isn't "Where's Sean?" like Christie (Tekken) was stuck with a "Where's Eddie?" story.

NYCC panel is Saturday at 5:30 EDT.

Though after that tweet from Ono, who knows how that will go.

In the capcom post Combofiend called her: Laura Matsuda.

I don't know if he would mess up this kind of thing, but assuming that he didn't.

She is related to sean in some way.

Now, is funny how they are opposites.

Like, they are both brazilian.
Sean in SF3 is trying to learn the Ansatsuken from Ken, but Laura fighting style is some form of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and if her name is Laura Matsuda, she learned with her family, unlike Sean, that looked for outside help.
Laura, is a master at her fighting style, while Sean is a complete beginner.

@AdenPhoenix was joking on how it is possible that SF3 gets erased from the canon, and Laura is actually the new Sean.

Who knows?

In the capcom post Combofiend called her: Laura Matsuda.

I don't know if he would mess up this kind of thing, but assuming that he didn't.

She is related to sean in some way.

Now, is funny how they are opposites.

Like, they are both brazilian.
Sean in SF3 is trying to learn the Ansatsuken from Ken, but Laura fighting style is some form of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and if her name is Laura Matsuda, she learned with her family, unlike Sean, that looked for outside help.
Laura, is a master at her fighting style, while Sean is a complete beginner.

@AdenPhoenix was joking on how it is possible that SF3 gets erased from the canon, and Laura is actually the new Sean.

Who knows?
Honestly I'm just waiting for someone to legitimately believe and theorize that Laura is a trans Sean. It makes no sense.....which is why I expect it to come from tumblr.

Random question: how would you all feel if Sofia Vergara voiced Laura?

I wonder how many people here that wanted alex back actually played him.
Probably more than ppl who wanted Karin/Mika and actually played them before
Willing to bet that 99.9% of the Karin fanbase didn't even know the first thing about her playstyle

Probably more than ppl who wanted Karin/Mika and actually played them before
Mika, no one played, she's a joke in A3.

Willing to bet that 99.9% of the Karin fanbase didn't even know the first thing about her playstyle
That statistic wouldn't apply to this thread, outside I can't say. People did play Karin and the fact that she and Alex get lumped with Mika as the "You didn't play the game" shitposting is kind of just perplexing. Alex far more so.

And no, I'm not claiming Karin was popular, just that there was nothing wrong with her in A3 and there were actually Karin players. People who just want waifus plague every fanbase, but it doesn't make them the sole fanbase.

Honestly just waiting for "No one played Urien" next.

I ship Sean and Laura.

I don't know how many years has passed since 3s, but Sean should be like an adult now right?

Laura is Sean sis...

Well... Ono said this in Brazil.

???
Yes?
It was a reference to this
Who knows?
He may have been joking, but I can imagine people literally thinking Laura is a new Sean.

Laura is Sean sis...

Well... Ono said this in Brazil.
If that's true, then good. Now I want to see some sibling rivalry.

no i want to see Laura just be a giant asshole to Sean and be blatantly better than him while he's just off being the best at b-ball and average at karate

TORUNAAAAAAAAADE

no i want to see Laura just be a giant asshole to Sean and be blatantly better than him while he's just off being the best at b-ball and average at karate

TORUNAAAAAAAAADE
That's be pretty nice as well. I could also imagine her having positive reasons for being a butt-hole. Like she wants Sean to train harder in their family style, but he keeps going off to train with Ken or something.
[gasp]
Oh, ****. I can totally see Laura being Ken's secondary Rival! The story could be really interesting...

???

If that's true, then good. Now I want to see some sibling rivalry.

Well, a site from one the most famous brazillian tv channel said it. Can be true or not, but probably true.

Well, a site from one the most famous brazillian tv channel said it. Can be true or not, but probably true.
Fair enough. We know they're probably(extremely likely) related so that's all that really matters. Besides, I'm looking forward to the possible beef she'll have with Ken now.

"My brother went to train with you and came back weaker (but significantly better at shooting 3's). You disrespected my entire family by not taking him and his training seriously!"

Reactions: BallotBoxer
Some Laura gameplay

Reactions: Aden
I'm really starting to wonder why Dimps is setting all the KoF flags off with this game but didn't with IV.

She use static electricity from her hair to shoot...?
It looks like she uses her hands to shoot the electricity, but she's striking a pose before she shoots it.

Reactions: BallotBoxer