• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Street Fighter V

Juri had such an interesting story, she would look fantastic in the games new graphic style, she would work well in the games new system and she is like the best rival of chun-li cause of how evil she was.

I want her back ;____;
Same ;_;. Her Feng Shui Engine would be perfect as a V-Trigger.

Reactions: No longer exist
I would like Ingrid... ;-;/ who with me?
ingrid is a horrible mary sue character and you and the entirety of japan should feel bad for wanting her

Hope we get Mika for Alpha reps though. She's fun.

Reactions: Shockdingo
Don't know if anyone's noticed this yet, but in the London stage, there's a final fight reference!

K5JdVft.jpg
Cody is on Haggar's shoulders and Guy is upside down. Noticed this in the Polygon video posted by @Zombies8MyLeg

Reactions: Shooon
D-does this mean no Final Fight main chars? D:

D-does this mean no Final Fight main chars? D:
Could just be a fun Easter egg. I mean ages ago, Hugo was in the construction stage and made it into the game. So I doubt a in-game ref automatically means someone is out.

I hope we get Alex revealed along with a new character or a story trailer. I loved the SF4 anime clips that were shown before release.

just put the actual fighting game that people want, TvC2, on Wii U
just buy the rights to Tatsunoko again.
get dat Sony money to add to it.

Is funny how people on sites are complaining about the links being easier and more chain combos. I mean, i love complexity, but sometimes, is unnecessary.

She's the 8th most popular character worldwide, according to Capcom's own polling.
Oh, nice!
Too bad that doesn't translate to people using her :'(

Oh, nice!
Too bad that doesn't translate to people using her :'(
Well, in SF4 she takes work, and combining that with her not having been a launch character put her in a tough spot since nobody was going to drop their mains in order to put in that work when they had to stay at their best with money on the line, and she didn't come out the gate as strong as she ended up being in later versions so the payoff just wasn't there.

Now, the fact that people didn't pick her up in SFxT when she was hilariously good was a crying shame, but a lot about SFxT was a crying shame so I guess it's fitting.

yeah sure juri is alright but you know who really needs to return

tumblr_n6lg2fIBTx1sl1e92o2_400.gif

Who's this Mike guy that got last? Haggar? :/

Probably not. I don't think Haggar's ever even been playable in Street Fighter.

'S probably someone from SF1 or something.

I've compiled all the vs-win dialogue that I could find, there's some salt in here hah:

Ryu wins against Charlie: "The path of vengeance may not lead to the answers you seek."

Charlie wins against Ryu: "That's the power of the Satsui no Hadou? I expected more."

Bison wins against Charlie: "You should consider it an honor to fall by my hand twice!"
Charlie wins against Bison: "I came back to kill you! Nothing more, nothing less..."

Bison wins against Ryu: "You are worthless surpressing the satsui no hado. Die."

Chun Li wins against Ryu: "You've gotten stronger since we last met! Keep it up!"

Ryu wins against Chun Li: "You've been working on your combos, I see. Nice moves!"

Chun Li wins against Bison: "As long as Shadaloo exists, I'll keep fighting!"

Bison wins against Chun Li: "I'll send you to meet your father. But the price is your very life!"

Who's this Mike guy that got last? Haggar? :/
Mike aka not-Balrog from SF1 hah

I kind of feel like at least one character from sf4 is gonna come back and have a focus attack as a v skill. It's probably viper cause she really play differently with her super Jump cancel, feints knuckle punch And seimo.

Bison wins against Charlie: "You should consider it an honor to fall by my hand twice!"
YOOOOO

Reactions: Shockdingo
ST gave you meter for taking damage as well as landing hits (blocked or not).

V trigger is a passive buff, not a 50% damage attack.

Chill.
You do not get meter for taking hits or blocking in ST.

I just want Sakura to be in from the get go. She's been pretty inconsistent as a main cast member up until recently with a lot of SFIV stuff. I just hope she stays on as a day one char D:

I'd rather they keep the shotos to a minimum for the initial release unless it involves any basketballs or torunades

Eh, tbh I don't really consider Sakura as much of a shoto. Her variations on the shoto style feel drastically different than, say, Ryu, Ken, or Akuma, despite there being differences of course. She's also one of my fav chars so I dun care if she is a shoto :3

While i love almost all shotos SF has produced (i just don't like Dan, Oni, and E.Ryu, and while not a fan of akuma, i respect his place).

While i want Sakura in the game, and i feel she is going to be in it, i think too many spaces will be taken by shotos, i mean, Ken and Akuma are almost 100% sure to be on the game, and there is the possibility of Sean, i don't know.

I'd rather they keep the shotos to a minimum for the initial release unless it involves any basketballs or torunades
or guys that maybe should just cut themselves.

Please tell me you guys get that reference.

Last edited:
So we got 16 slots and we know Ryu, Charley, Ken, M.Bison, Akuma, and Chun-Li. Cammy, Vega, and Balrog are pretty mainstays, so they're probably in, too. I can't say for sure on Sakura, obv, but Alex is hella likely and beyond that I ahve no idea, either way that makes a total of 10 chars already. So if the cast is 16 chars, that leaves the 4 new chars and 2 other old returning chars. I don't know if I like that distribution.

Yeah I loved SF4's training stage
Are you serious? SF4'S training stage is one of the most boring fucking training stages of all of fighting games. Probably one of the most boring stages of fighting games in general.

UMvC3 has a better training stage, KOF XIII has a WAY better training stage, Skullgirls has an INFINITELY better training stage.

I mean hell, TvC has a way better training stage than fucking SF4 does.

Are you serious? SF4'S training stage is one of the most boring fucking training stages of all of fighting games. Probably one of the most boring stages of fighting games in general.

UMvC3 has a better training stage, KOF XIII has a WAY better training stage, Skullgirls has an INFINITELY better training stage.

I mean hell, TvC has a way better training stage than fucking SF4 does.
Sounds like someone's salty over their favorite box with lines in it :3

no, it's a very boring training stage in general.
at the very least allow us to randomize the BG music for the training stage if it has to be plain.

Yeh, I know its a boring stage, I was just trying to be sarcastic :3

honestly I, as a rule of thumb, do not take any post with a ":3" emote in it seriously

haha. Yeah, not trying to be serious. I was never really into Street Fighter, but I do enjoy some of the char designs and I'm looking forward to maybe even jumping into SFV from the getgo...

Just thinking about SF4 in general makes me a salty mother fucker so...yeah I guess you can say that.