• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Street Fighter V

What fucking source are they getting this from where they can say this like there's no way it isn't true, yet won't actually say the source
=v
The fucking janitor said it

What does Blanka have that makes him interesting to play or play against?

I'll admit that some of it is nostalgia. Blanka was always my favorite character (along with Chun) back in the SFII SNES days.

That said, I like his aesthetic. I generally find SF characters to be bland at best, so a giant green man-monster is a nice change of pace.

And I do actually like his gameplay. I like his pass through resets, and his weird mix of rushdown and charge character.

Reactions: Osmiumsmith
Whens the sdcc panel

they did also say already that characters are not tied to stages in this game, so it's possible to get one without the other
True, but with stages come hope. Don't kill the dreams of the world. Killing dreams is like killing boobs. Don't do it.....for the boobs ;_;

I'll admit that some of it is nostalgia. Blanka was always my favorite character (along with Chun) back in the SFII SNES days.

That said, I like his aesthetic. I generally find SF characters to be bland at best, so a giant green man-monster is a nice change of pace.

And I do actually like his gameplay. I like his pass through resets, and his weird mix of rushdown and charge character.
That's my deal too. He was my first main, like the design aesthetics and the personality (lovable mamas-boy beast man with heart of gold) and I like his moves. I just always enjoyed playing as the guy. I'm the type of player who doesn't care about tiers or even tournament viability, I just like to pick up a fun character and see what their story is about.

True, but with stages come hope. Don't kill the dreams of the world. Killing dreams is like killing boobs. Don't do it.....for the boobs ;_;

I'm more of an ass man myself :P

It will be the "Ono cosplaying as everyone" costume pack

Shush I would totally get that!

As for the blanka thing...

I said Ono is a showman. But one thing I've never seen him be is blatant.

Now I'm thinking it's gonna be another character but Blanka will be involved somehow.

Reactions: Shockdingo
To be fair, he could reveal totally different people here in San Diego
and then still reveal Blanka at BGS

Oh yeah I'm not thinking the Brazil part won't be revealed until Brazil. But it being blanka I'm not so sure.

my guess is that the next character reveal is a totally new character to the franchise, about 1/3 the roster is already announced and we haven't seen anybody new yet

Shush I would totally get that!

As for the blanka thing...

I said Ono is a showman. But one thing I've never seen him be is blatant.

Now I'm thinking it's gonna be another character but Blanka will be involved somehow.
Blanka's baby momma.......Casa.

Oh yeah I'm not thinking the Brazil part won't be revealed until Brazil. But it being blanka I'm not so sure.

What if he's using that to his advantage? Like since everyone expects it to not be Blanka it actually is Blanka and it catches everyone by surprise. Then everyone from outside the FGC can look at us like we're idiots because a dude in a Blanka suit teased a character and we were legitimately surprised it ended up being Blanka.

my guess is that the next character reveal is a totally new character to the franchise, about 1/3 the roster is already announced and we haven't seen anybody new yet
They said new faces were coming very soon a week or so ago.

Reactions: dMags
If Eagle isn't hinted at, then we can toss one of the leaks that was floating around into the garbage.
So another "leak" came about
let's all point and laugh at its humiliation
http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=170043962&postcount=676
Eagle: Teased at during Comic Con and full reveal at Evo. Will be in the beta. Not playable at Evo.
Ken: Reveal at Evo. Will be in the beta. Not playable at Evo.
Akuma: Teased at Evo and full reveal at GDC
Si-won (NEW): Korean Hapkido grappler, reveal at GDC
Karin: reveal at TGS
Dhalsim: reveal at TGS
Sabrina (NEW): German femme fatale, reveal at TGS
Urien: reveal at TGS
Lucia (NEW): from Final Fight, divekick character. reveal in October around GDC China and Brazil Game Show time
Juri: reveal at Capcom Pro Tour Asia finals
Sakura: reveal near Dreamhack Winter dates
Alex: reveal at Capcom Cup
Guile: reveal before launch
Zephyr (NEW): Boss character, reveal before launch
Akira: From Rival Schools, planned as pre-order DLC. Will be the first DLC character which will be added in periodically, no price point but probably around $6 if you don't pre-order. Announcement will be made sometime after both betas have ended.
Vega: DLC character to be released with Akira. No price point but also looking like $6.
No Hakan, so I ignore this leak's existence
It did have Alex and Urien, which Siliconera's secret source surreptitiously swears is true.

Ken isn't a shoto, glad my hopes were right.

If Eagle isn't hinted at, then we can toss one of the leaks that was floating around into the garbage.
Ken got revealed, so it's probably trash anyway.

they revealed Ken?

SFV beta will have 3 phases.

I'm digging the new hairstyle.

Things are kind of unclear. It seems like they said he wasn't a shoto in the presentation?

No, Max is just resorting to assumptions to report as news. Shocking.
1436469351731.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: BallotBoxer
CJfthDKWsAAc3u_.jpg

Reactions: Aden
Don't forget Karin. And Urien.

Urien redesign confirmed.

Reactions: BeatNinja and EA575
I cannot WAIT to see his R. Mika cosplay.

Or even better his Urien cosplay. Does Ono have what it takes to do it?

Reactions: EA575
IS that Akuma? The face is... strange, but I have ignored IV pretty hard and art style changes with redesigns are happening, so I wouldn't know.

What do you guys think? Akuma or not?

CJfv7G8WgAAxNky.jpg

Reactions: BallotBoxer
I TOLD YOU HE WOULD DO A MIXUP
I'm sorry, where was the mix up? The stinger?