• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Big Bando Husbando Combo Threadando

Extended that combo a bit:

c.lk, c.mk, s.hk, M Brass Knuckle,
(otg) c.mpx2, s.hk, H Beat extend,
j.lk, j.mk,
c.lp, c.lp, s.mk(1),
j.lp, j.lk, j.mk, j.mk, j.hp,
super jump, j.mp, j.mk, j.mk, j.hk, timpani.

Last edited:
That's even better. Is that character specific in any way?

Last edited:
Not with the super jump, actually on heavier characters you might be able use s.hp instead of s.mk(1)

Without assists or tauntboosts, and just one meter, you can pull off 9344 corner damage if you can nail the multiple delayed enders in a row. I did confirm that it works against all characters, but it's extremely difficult against lightweights and especially Squigly/Painwheel. Against heavies, the last s.HP can instead be s.MKMK to total 9404 damage.

Decided to show it in video form, as well as a decent conversion from a reversal Beat Extend and a Squigly throw conversion that has some other proof of concepts thrown in.

Last edited:
That is pretty nuts, might be a while to learn that against all characters and pull it off consistently.

What is Big Band's double snap combo?

What is Big Band's double snap combo?
I do snap, c.MPx2 xx HP Beat Extend, s.LP s.HP, [H Cymbals, OTG c.LK s.HP]xN

Ya know, if you jumped earlier (and maybe made it a superjump), you could hit on the way down and probably catch off the j.HK without them hitting the floor.

Ya know, if you jumped earlier (and maybe made it a superjump), you could hit on the way down and probably catch off the j.HK without them hitting the floor.

Hmmm... I'll try that, Mr. Zaimont. Thanks for the suggestion.

Now that BB has officially dropped, would we be able to get a new big band combo thread with the first post being BNBs and consolidated information previously posted in this thread? I'd do this myself, but I don't know this character and I'm not an admin. Better organization is very much needed

Hey guys. I finally got the chance to fiddle around with Big Band, and I'm having trouble with his mid-screen BnB, specifically his j.LK(3) j.MK~MK, c.LK juggle.

I know that, conceptually, it should go something like this:

623HP~shake (uses sound stun)
2LP~LP MK (non-otg pickup and launcher)
j.LK(3) j.MK~MK(4) (delay each button for as long as possible)
2LK (non-otg pickup)

My issues are that the second j.MK float thing seems to leave myself and my opponent in the air by quite a bit, and I can't pick up with 2LK afterwards. Do I just need to delay the MK's more? Or just drop the j.MK extension entirely?

Hey guys. I finally got the chance to fiddle around with Big Band, and I'm having trouble with his mid-screen BnB, specifically his j.LK(3) j.MK~MK, c.LK juggle.

I know that, conceptually, it should go something like this:

623HP~shake (uses sound stun)
2LP~LP MK (non-otg pickup and launcher)
j.LK(3) j.MK~MK(4) (delay each button for as long as possible)
2LK (non-otg pickup)

My issues are that the second j.MK float thing seems to leave myself and my opponent in the air by quite a bit, and I can't pick up with 2LK afterwards. Do I just need to delay the MK's more? Or just drop the j.MK extension entirely?

I would just drop the second part of the j. MK, that is if you are close to the ground. By not using the second j.MK extension you will be able to fall to ground before opponent does allowing you to do the LK pickup.

fast fall j.hp

after the second j.mk, you have to whiff a j.hp, to follow up, but it's REALLY hard (imo)

The Beat Brothers are here at last!

The Beat Brothers.png

Reactions: Cybermanworf
cool combo, most likely parasoul only or maybe parasoul and double?

Anyone have an idea on how to improve the second combo on here?

Reactions: fullmetalross
So what are you guys using for those sub-optimal openers? Like after Throw, Brass Knuckle, or Giant step?

Right now I'm fiddling with:

214LK
2LK 2MK 5HP j.5MP j.5HP j.5HK
2LP 5MK j.5LK(3) j.5MK
2MP 5HK 4_6HP 236PP (A-Train whiffs without the 2MK)

Anything smexier? Giant step already used Sound Stun, so no Beat Extend. And I can't figure out a good way to get a 2MK in the last string so that 5HK 4_6HK will connect.

EDIT: And what the HECK do I do with cymbal crash?

Last edited:
You can dash and hit with c.MK after a throw on everyone except squigly.

I kinda just wing it when it comes to giant step. If I'm far enough away from a corner, I just do c.MK, HP, j.MP, j.HP, j.HK, and then w/e otg combo comes to mind.

I mostly use Cymbal Crash as an aerial poke. If it connects, I do HK A-Train for a hard knockdown.

My throw combo:

Throw xx LK A train xx LP
5LP 2MK 5HP
j.MP j.HP j.HK
tech forward
2HK xx 623HP
j.LK j.MK
5MK
j.LP j.LK j.MK
2LP LP 2MK 5HK xx HK A train xx super

After giant step... I need a proper combo, all I'm doing is:

giant step
2MP MP 5HP
j.MP j.HP j.HK
tech forward
5LK 5MK
j.LP j.LK j.MK
2LP LP 2MK 5HK xx HK A train xx super

Which is pretty poor, really

So what are you guys using for those sub-optimal openers? Like after Throw, Brass Knuckle, or Giant step?
(Throw xx) Giant Step,
c.MK, s.HP,
Reset

Combo into H Brass Knuckles/H A-Train then mix them up after the hard knockdown. Or if they're cornered (or close enough to the corner) you can dash up and do like OTG c.LK s.MK into whatever.

you can also start a charge when you do it and the as soon as you land go for H A train, and then cancel it using P as late as you can. it should hopefully move you forwards enough so you can OTG with cr.lk/lp.

if you fuck up the cancel by doing it too late then you still get H A train.

Can anyone tell me an easy light medium heavy combo do to with Big band. The only one I know is this: s.LP, s.MP, s.HP (In air) j.LP, j.MP & j.HP.

Can anyone tell me an easy light medium heavy combo do to with Big band. The only one I know is this: s.LP, s.MP, s.HP (In air) j.LP, j.MP & j.HP.
If you're looking for easy, I'd recommend this:

c.LK c.MK s.HP ^ j.MP j.HP j.214HK v 4_6HK

s.LP is a faster starter than s.LK/c.LK, but LK hits low. c.MK should be used over s.MP because it has a vacuum effect that will prevent the combo from whiffing if you're a little too far away (it happens a lot). Just stick an HK Cymbal Crash at the end of your current combo, charge HK A-Train as you're falling, and let it loose as you land. If you get them into the corner with the Cymbal Crash, you can use MK Brass Knuckles instead of HK A-Train and extend the combo like so:

c.LK c.MK s.HP ^ j.MP j.HP j.214HK v 4_6MP (otg), c.LK c.MK s.HK 4_6HK

These aren't optimal combos by any means, but they should be easy enough for anyone to do.

Last edited:
Is there any one post with the best current combos? The OP on this thread seems super out of date.

Reactions: wiredgod
Is there any one post with the best current combos? The OP on this thread seems super out of date.
The 2 combos I suggest:

Midscreen, does somewhere around 8.5k I think it is?

2LK 2MK 5HP
j.MP j.HP delay j.HK
tech forward
2HK xx 623HP
j.LK j.MK
5MK
j.LP j.LK j.MK
2LP LP 2MK 5HK xx [4]6HK xx 236PP

Corner, I believe this one is about 8.3k but my numbers here might be off.

2LK 2MK 5HK xx [4]6MP
2MP MP 5HK xx 623HP
j.LK j.MK
5MK
j.LP j.LK j.MK
2LP LP 5LK 2MP MP 5HK xx [4]6HK xx 236PP

Reactions: ragnorok64
Does 5HK xx [4]6HK work on everyone? I was under the impression that it whiffed on smaller characters like Peacock and Painwheel.

if its whiffing just move them higher in the air first with 5k that should fix it...

Does 5HK xx [4]6HK work on everyone? I was under the impression that it whiffed on smaller characters like Peacock and Painwheel.
If you do the string as I wrote it, it should work, the 2MK is VERY important, it drags them in and pops them up