• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Big Bando Husbando Combo Threadando

I did not actually find said reset before anyone else, I was just pointing out how idiotic this is. (^.^)
Just call it The Pali and move on. :^P

Reactions: WrestlerGuile
Ah, I see.

Well, sorry about blowing that up into an argument earlier but I still stand by the statement of "why does no one does this stuff if people already know about it."

And oh man, Pali would just LOVE playing against Big Band with his ground super being in existence.

EDIT: Assuming this conversation doesn't get deleted, it should probably be moved to the tech thread, since it's all talk about resets.

I still don't understand why I never see anyone do this stuff if it's been such common knowledge
On the PSN, at least, I don't feel like anyone I encounter is really all that comfortable playing the guy, least of all me. I practice theory fighting and shenanigans all day in Training, but on Ranked I'll be the first one to break down into simplistic Big Band BnBs. Of course, once we all get comfy with him and we see this reset everywhere, it'll be sort of after the fact...

A BB corner combo I've been working on that uses H Lock n Load assist. It probably can be optimized more but I'm happy with it. Does 9.7k+ (I forgot to do the c.lp followup in the vid)! The only part that I think is difficult is getting the super jump to come out on the second to last chain. Vid also has some resets from the combo (last one is totally jacked from bang camaro).

EDIT: I haven't really tested who it works on but it seems to work on all lights and Parasoul.

EDIT2: Works on everyone! Easiest against Para and heavies because you don't have to super jump for the second to last chain.

Last edited:
Reactions: ClarenceMage
Yeh. That good stuff. Unfortunately I use Execerebella instead of Lock Load. shrug... still really pretty.

Does anyone have a good combo that works anywhere on the screen? Location-specific combos really screw me up when learning a new character, and so far I can't figure out anything decent that doesn't need j.HK or cymbal crash.

Actually looking to improve my BnB's so I took McPeanuts BnB's and repurposed them for Big Bella, with Excellabella assist packing in the back. I'm sure it's already done, but, hey, just in case, now you too can taunt and do 10-11k anywhere in the screen. And I did add a few bonuses.

McPeanuts'.
I fucked up, it was late when I posted this, Icky; I know they ain't yours.
Corner BNB 8584 DMG MAX 56 Hits

c.LK c.MK s.HK xx M Brass Knuckles
OTG c.MPx2 s.HK xx H Beat Extend (Mash Back and Forth)
j.LK j.MK
s.MK
j.LP j.LK j.MK
c.LP s.LK c.MPx2 s.HK xx H Take the A-Train xx Super Sonic Jazz

Midscreen BNB 51 Hits 8425 DMG MAX

c.LK c.MK s.HP
j.MP j.HP delay j.HK
tech forward
OTG c.HK xx H Beat Extend,
j.LK j.MK
s.MK
j.LP j.LK j.MK
c.LPx2 c.MK s.HK xx H Take the A-Train xx Super Sonic Jazz

My variations. Damage amounts are calculated 2v2.
Corner Tag out to Bella BNB 82 Hits 11450 DMG MAX

j.LK j.MK
s.LK s.MK (restand)
j.LP j.LK j.MK
c.LPx2 s.LK c.MPx2 s.HK xx L Brass Knuckles + Excellabella xx Taunt xx H Take the A-Train xx TubaTubaTuba xx Dynamo

Corner 2man-Excellabella Assist BNB 10446 DMG MAX

j.LK j.MK
s.LK s.MK (restand)
j.LP j.LK j.MK
c.LPx2 s.LK c.MPx2 s.HK xx L Brass Knuckles + Excellabella xx H Take the A-Train xx TubaTubaTuba

Midscreen BNB 71 Hits 10137 DMG MAX

c.LK c.MK s.HP
j.MP j.HP delay j.HK
tech forward
OTG c.HK xx H Beat Extend (Mash Back and Forth),
j.LK j.MK (restand)
s.MK
j.LP j.LK j.MK
c.LPx2 c.MK s.HK xx L Brass Knuckles + Excellabella xx Taunt xx H Take the A-Train xx TubaTubaTuba

M Take the A-Train is a suitable and easier link and substitute if you aren't tight on your taunt timing.
On the corner combo BnB, you can toss in s.LK before s.MK after the Beat Extend to j.LK j.MK (restand) and still be safe from IPS trigger. On all combos, you can toss in L Brass Knuckle after s.HK and still have it chain with Excellabella. You must call assist and do L Brass Knuckle in order for it to work. Similarily, if you decide to L Brass Knuckle, the timing is a fair bit more tighter to be able to Taunt and still have the time to do H Take the A-Train. On the midscreen, the link from that last s.HK to L Knuckles + Excellabella is hard though.

These are all VERY extremely close to being meter positive. You can probably scratch a meter in if you throw canceled A-Trains or Brass Knuckles enough. Maybe. Advised if you already have the taunt in your bag, anyways.

Last edited:
Those first two actually aren't either of my combos at all xP But those combos are really good damage for 1 bar

Does anyone have a good combo that works anywhere on the screen? Location-specific combos really screw me up when learning a new character, and so far I can't figure out anything decent that doesn't need j.HK or cymbal crash.
There kind of aren't any. If you want a combo that works everywhere you're going to have to sacrifice a lot of damage. If you really just want a placeholder combo while you're learning the character, tho, you could use something like launch, j.MP j.HP xx H Cymbal Clash, H Brass Knuckles (xx super).

I've got a basic Bnb with multiple variations;just be far away enough to grab

Grab, :QCB: :HK:(giant step heavy), c.:LP: ,:LP:,:QCF::P:,... (ending with strike up the band does 91-96hits depending on when you cancel c.:LP:, does half a bar of damage this way)

put the icing on the cake with a super OR (half-second-pause)double s. :LK:, double s.:MK:, j.:LK:, double [in air]:MK:, then :HK: OR :QCF:+:KK:(tympani drive)

Of course doing a super after Bagpipe blues still works.

Last edited:
Here's a corner combo,two bars, half health:
After bagpipe blues:
double s.:MK:, :B:[charge during :MK:]:F:+:HK:,:QCF::PP:, double s.:LK:, double s.:MK:, j.:LK:, [in air] double:MK:, [in air]:QCF::KK:

I'll come back later with some Squig Band combos.

Talking about Squigly I think she's dead.

You don't need to do the taunt to kill a normal SSJ will do just nicely.

If really wanted, the Icky reset (a.lp, a.lk, a.mp, grab) can be followed up with a really quick Supersonic Jazz to do more damage if really wanted. Could be used to clean up a match quicker or just look cool.

Hey all you Band players out there, do you really hate Valentine what with all of her jumping around and forcing you to block high constantly?

Well let's have a little fun with Val. ,shall we? Let's uh, let's do Dudley's trademarked Cross Counter move. Oh and while we're doing that let's make her burst as well, you know, for funzies.

Reactions: Skymin50
LnL assist is gr8. Same principle can be applied to other assists with a little tweaking but LnL does 1800...

LnL assist is gr8. Same principle can be applied to other assists with a little tweaking but LnL does 1800...
Nice, now you just have to hit them with a c.LK while they're in the corner :^)

Is this something that doesn't happen? :s I feel like I get a normal starter in the corner all the time off hard knockdown, especially if you establish instant overhead first. It works off throw too.

Reactions: ClarenceMage
Here's my beginner combo, adapted from one of mcpeanuts's, for people who suck at getting their fingers to do different things. Does around 7,500 to 8,000.

c.:LK: c.:MK: s.:HP:
j.:MP: j.:HP:

At this point your brain should have had enough time to register where you are on the screen, and the combo path splits.

MIDSCREEN:
j.:HK:
Ground-tech forward, c.:LK: c.:MK: s.:HP:
j.:LP: j.:LK: j.:MK:x2 M.Cymbal Crash
H.A-Train, Super Sonic Jazz

CORNER:
M.Cymbal Crash
s.:LP: s.:MP: s.:HP:
j.:LP: j.:LK: j.:MK:x2 Tympani Drive
c.:LK: c.:MK: s.:HK: H.Brass Knuckles > Super Sonic Jazz

Suggestions for improvements welcome!

Snort:

I'm going to crapping these videos weekly now that I'm stuck at home with poor internet.
I am going to be living the Lab for the whole freaking summer. Wish I could play living people, but I can't.

So I'm pretty new to the game, and I'm playing Big Band. I've learned the combos in the compendium (are they optimal? can I get more damage with more complex combos?), what do I do for other starters? Just substitute the first hit? I'm playing mostly single character against my friends for now, so I'm not sure I'm up for messing with assists yet.

So I'm pretty new to the game, and I'm playing Big Band. I've learned the combos in the compendium (are they optimal? can I get more damage with more complex combos?), what do I do for other starters? Just substitute the first hit? I'm playing mostly single character against my friends for now, so I'm not sure I'm up for messing with assists yet.

Substituting the first few moves usually works.

For the Big Band midscreen combo posted in that thread, c.LP > c.MK > s.HP can work as the first chain as well as c.LK > c.MK > s.HP; it just does less damage. If I'm breaking armor against my opponent, I'll often end up doing the first one (so I can use c.LP's armor-breaking abilities) instead of the second, even if it does less damage.

I thought I included every combo starter that would require a different combo =/ like Flotilla said, any move that can be chained into s.HP you can just do the BNBs from the compendium, and for other stuff like throw/air throw/giant step/w/e I put in combos you can do starting from those moves. Was there anything else?
If I'm breaking armor against my opponent, I'll often end up doing the first one (so I can use c.LP's armor-breaking abilities) instead of the second, even if it does less damage.
I should add this to the compendium actually, it's an important use of c.LP.

Any confirm using sound stun will result in a different combo I think,

Considering Bigband has several ways to force a hard knockdown while flinging you across the screen and having an instant overhead j.MK, I don't find this to be an issue.

I glanced at the end of the thread, saw the optimal combos, played with him a bit, wanted something 'easy mode'. Here's what I got.

Universal, I tested everyone, sorry if I made a mistake. Works on most sections of the screen with forward tech and back tech close to the corner, in the corner, use the corner BNB instead. Demonstrated on Filia and Double, with and without taunt, and with a few different midscreen spacing examples. These combos avoid the DP, grounded QCB, medium or heavy ground links, and sweep after OTG.

I'll be learning the optimal combo but I want something I can go back to when my execution feels shaky, this combo feels really easy to do. And, universal, yeah. That's just really nice. Timing adjustments but nothing big. You can toss in a few extra moves on characters like Valentine and bump a taunt midscreen route to 9k easily if you care to remember small details.

Does 7k damage on average without taunt, 1 meter, no assist, and 8k+ with taunt. I included a 2 meter + taunt corner route and goofed at the end as usual. End at the HK ATrain if you don't have the meter and, well, get a taunt. You can reset at a few points by swapping out or dropping moves. cMK is great because of the pull and a swap for sMK can give you some throw opportunities and gimmicky stuff. etc etc

or just run kanchou assist and do cLK cMK cHP call kanchou HBrass kanchou hits HK ATrain SSJ and net like 6k damage for no work lmao

Reactions: crossrhythm
Been doing some testing, it's possible to lead up a taunted Tymphony Rise with a M-Train in the corner. Not sure if it's specific hitboxes (i've done it with Squigly, Filia, and I think Peacock so far) or not, but it's pretty nice. Outside of a corner getting a H-A Train is possible too.

s.LPx2 > S.MP > S. HP > A.LP > A.LK > A.MP > Tymphony Rise > M A-Train (timing) > SSJ does 7376. Could be nice for chipping away damage, but it's super meter hungry. If you do it outside of a corner and manage to grab a H A-Train it does 7485.

H-Train does 6482 without SSJ

M-Train does 6292 without SSJ.

Not sure if this is even helpful much, but hey, if someone wants to mess around with it, then feel free. I'll check and see if you can catch them with H Train in the corner, but I highly doubt it.

Oh, and if you do Level 3 instead of SSJ, does 9615 instead.

Probably impossible to grab with H-train. Moves too forward.

if i found this out can we call it the clutch grab

You can just combo off of the taunted air super instead, you can get much much much more damage and/or go for resets

You can just combo off of the taunted air super instead, you can get much much much more damage and/or go for resets

True, but it could be good for finishing a character off, or just looking cool. Might also be good for DHCing (???) into other characters.

Threw a Fenir DHC into there with SSJ. Did 12354, which isn't too terrible.

Plus it's easy to combo into, as you CAN catch them off the ground after the Fenir. So it could be a good combo starter or just something to finish them off / bring in a character? Fenir was my example, not sure how other good DHCs would be.

You can follow it up with HK A-Train

You can follow it up with HK A-Train

Meant in the corner, but this is a pretty big combo that I like. It's entirely possible to get a HK A-Train when you're in the open.

Thanks for the combo, though! This is big and it'll probably be tricky for me to learn but I do like it.

yes, that blue bella might have been sneaky and hard to see, hahahahahahaha

Still kind of viable, though. I can see it being a good finisher, or just doing damage. It could be a good damage DHC, but what do I know about combos :PUN:

I'd say the benefit of HK ATrain after taunt air super is that it seems to be unaffected by undizzy, so it's free bonus damage into an easy extra super confirm (aka more bonus damage untracked by undizzy) so if you REALLY wanted to kill someone and you weren't sure that taunted SSJ > DHC would do it, or you're Solo band, using your taunt on the air super and linking a free ATrain into another SSJ or even lvl 3.. could be desirable, situationally.

Did a mini burst-bait. Not too useful or atleast I don't think, but you could use it for something perhaps. Now you can play music AND bait your opponent, all without the level 5!

Feel like the c.MP thing is a bug, though. Especially since it was never used once, so I might see about that.

Also you can block the burst. For some reason.

Last edited:
cMP is maybe triggering because of the way sMP works, still COULD classify that as a bug though I guess. Funny, I like it.
Also, you can block any burst if you recover fast enough, I'm pretty sure.