• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Big Bando Husbando Combo Threadando

Still misses on parasoul if you do that. I always use 5MK on her instead.

Reactions: Tomo009
Still misses on parasoul if you do that. I always use 5MK on her instead.
Oh yeah, her.

Really need more Parasouls around here haha

Can you update the first post with the actual newer combos please? I don't want to have to go through the entire 8 pages to find all the combos, and afterward decide which combos are still relavent.

Can you update the first post with the actual newer combos please? I don't want to have to go through the entire 8 pages to find all the combos, and afterward decide which combos are still relavent.
Don't fret (music puns ugh) someone is in the process of doing something about it.

Ps told you tomo

It depends entirely on the thread starter no matter which thread it is, I believe.

EDIT: What we do really need to start putting in the first posts is post-burst heavy counterhit combos for maximum damage.

I made a thing because using beat extend so early in the combo annoys me:

in the corner:

c.lk, c.mk, s.hk, m knuckle,
c.mk, s.hp,
j.mp, j.mk,
c.mp, c.mp, s.hk, h beat extend,
c.lk, s.mk,
j.lk, j.mk, j.mk, fastfall j.hp,
c.lp, c.lp, s.lk, c.mp, c.mp, s.hk, m knuckle, ssj

delay everything as much as you can

preferable on heavy characters, but it is possible on lights.

does 9.4k and 9.1k without the second j.mk

I feel Like I'm the only one finding stuff for the band players to look at and to use on this thread.

Also thanks to Icky helping with Reset Ideas, you a cool dude.

Reactions: Skymin50
My midscreen and corner big band bnbs, they work on everyone.

Might make videos of my resets sometime, but when/if I start seeing random quick match people using my tech I'll probably get sad D: (EDIT: because I'm a selfish prick)

Last edited:
My midscreen and corner big band bnbs, they work on everyone.

Might make videos of my resets sometime, but when/if I start seeing random quick match people using my tech I'll probably get sad D: (EDIT: because I'm a selfish prick)
You should probably just feel yourself because it means the tech you came up with is good enough to be worth stealing. I've been seeing random ass Big Bands on quick match using j.LP j.LK j.MP air grab and I'm like "heh, that's Icky's reset". Then I die.

Reactions: Skymin50
Oh man, people are using that now? D: I hope that whenever they use my resets they pause the match and send a message to the other player saying: "Property of Icky™"

Reactions: mcpeanuts
Oh man, people are using that now? D: I hope that whenever they use my resets they pause the match and send a message to the other player saying: "Property of Icky™"

At least I'm giving credit to you. But mark my words I will make a better reset grab set up. And then You will have to steal from me!

Reactions: Icky
You should probably just feel yourself because it means the tech you came up with is good enough to be worth stealing. I've been seeing random ass Big Bands on quick match using j.LP j.LK j.MP air grab and I'm like "heh, that's Icky's reset". Then I die.
I thought about it and you're right, so I recorded a quick video. I'll post it in a bit.

Reactions: mcpeanuts
Man everyone has been using that grab reset since the dawn of bigband beta though lol.

Man everyone has been using that grab reset since the dawn of bigband beta though lol.
j.lp, j.lk, j.mp into reset? I haven't seen ANYONE ever do it once except for those that I've shown. And it's not strictly a grab reset, you have a lot of options off of it.

I hadn't seen anyone do it until Icky showed me, and I was playing nothing but Big Band mirrors for months while Big Band was in beta. I think Rikers tried to use it on me at SCR but he mistimed it. It was gonna work too, I was just blocking.

I've definitely had people try it on me. I typically mix it up with a-train+assist to keep myself safe if they just block.

In any case, if other people knew about this reset, they didn't feel like sharing it. I think it's a very Skullheart thing to do when someone posts a new reset or setup to say "oh, I've known about that for a long time".

Reactions: Icky
I've definitely had people try it on me. I typically mix it up with a-train+assist to keep myself safe if they just block.
Are we even talking about the same thing? I can't understand why in the world you would do an A-train off of the reset I'm talking about. Watch the video I posted in the tech thread

I'm definitely talking about the same one. The mix-up is, if they expect you to jump up and grab and they are preemptively trying to tech, or even just double jump, you do MK A-Train instead.

I'm definitely talking about the same one. The mix-up is, if they expect you to jump up and grab and they are preemptively trying to tech, or even just double jump, you do MK A-Train instead.
Or you could jump up and do normals to hit them out of their tech and get a combo off of it

Or burst bait them

Or run up low (if they try to tech, obviously not if they double jump)

Or a number of other things

Instead of doing a command grab which knocks them fullscreen and only lets you waste meter on a super which also knocks fullscreen away from you unless you have a good dhc. Unless you'll kill off the A-train/follow up super, that's not a good option at all hence why I didn't think we were talking about the same thing.

We're not talking about the same thing, as in you don't know the options you have off of this reset point. You probably don't car, but I went over these things in the video I posted in the tech thread along with other reset options.

Getting a hard knockdown is never a bad thing. Even if it knocks them to the other side of the screen, you can typically run up in time and get a mixup. I've also had it beat out Fortune's Feral Edge. While you could burst bait instead, I'm not a fan of burst baits that require you to move away as it just gives them breathing room if they don't press anything.

Getting a hard knockdown is never a bad thing. Even if it knocks them to the other side of the screen, you can typically run up in time and get a mixup.
So is this your way of saying "I concede I haven't seen other people doing these resets, this is new tech"?

A-Train's not a bad idea if you think they might air super.

Why not burst bait instead?
Well because if they see the sparks change color they might not wanna try to super. Like this CAN work but there's a lot of players who will wait until they're really out of hitstun to try to reversal you.

I just went and tested this, it loses to Painwheels' air super, it loses to valentine's scalpels, it loses to filia's gregor, it loses to fortune's air super, it even lost to BIG BAND'S air super which is beaten by meaty air grabs.

EDIT: forgot to test EKG at first, which it loses to, and i forgot to test fortune's level 3 which it also loses to. Am i forgetting any air supers?

Last edited:
So is this your way of saying "I concede I haven't seen other people doing these resets, this is new tech"?
LOL what? I said I've seen the same specific air throw reset. I was just saying what my own spin on it was.

EDIT: I've definitely had it beat Feral Edge. Might have been a situational thing with the timing, but I definitely had it happen.

LOL what? I said I've seen the same specific air throw reset. I was just saying what my own spin on it was.
You went and stated that you already knew this reset and that people have been doing it forever. I listed your options for the reset which you didn't seem to know about, you ignored them and just talked about your a train reset.

I'm honestly not sure what is being argued here. Is it that you don't think people have been doing it?

I didn't ignore any options. I was already aware of them, and just gave my input on one of the ones I do.

I'm honestly not sure what is being argued here. Is it that you don't think people have been doing it?

I didn't ignore any options. I was already aware of them, and just gave my input on one of the ones I do.
It's just this that's annoying me. NOW you knew about them before, it's what peanuts was talking about:
I think it's a very Skullheart thing to do when someone posts a new reset or setup to say "oh, I've known about that for a long time".

I think you're just bullshitting.

I mean, you can go ahead and ask people that have played my Big Band before if I've been using the reset or not, and I'm pretty sure I'm not one of those people you have shown. A lot of characters have similar setups, so it just seemed natural for me to try it with him, and I've had someone use it on me before as well.

Am I really witnessing a back and forth over the time period of when a reset was found?

Seriously, don't be hesitant to share anything out of fear of other people using (that's the point) or because someone might say "it's old". I prefer old and repeated knowledge and tips instead of the chance something new doesn't get posted. Besides, it's new to someone!

As long as 1 person takes something from it, it was worth sharing.

It's definitely worth sharing if you know something. I appreciate him taking the time to even make a video on it.

It was my reset, I found it before he had the moves in question publicly.
:^P
And thus, 'twas dubbed the Mike_Z reset.

In all seriousness, though, this type of post-launch air-juggle grab reset is common among the cast, with familiar reset options. It's not surprising that it got discovered independently by multiple people, so there's no need to call heinous villainy! I've been using it, myself, since day 1 of Big Band's PSN debut, as it's identical to Parasoul's setup (launch ^ j.LP j.LK j.MP). In fact, you can even do Parasoul's (launch ^ j.LK j.MP v ^ j.LP j.LK j.MP) sequence with it to the same effect.

Props to Icky for making the video, though; we all need more Big Band instructables.

Here is The same Reset that everyone is talking about only that it has different branching options. Credit still goes to Icky and Mike Z for this reset.

Reactions: Luweewu and Icky
It was my reset, I found it before he had the moves in question publicly.
:^P
I can't imagine you'd ever go for an air grab instead of A-Train. Air grabs aren't punishable on block.

Reactions: drewski
I still don't understand why I never see anyone do this stuff if it's been such common knowledge