• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Big Bando Husbando Combo Threadando

cMP is maybe triggering because of the way sMP works, still COULD classify that as a bug though I guess. Funny, I like it.
Also, you can block any burst if you recover fast enough, I'm pretty sure.

Didn't realize. Also realized that it can be considered a non-burst if you use C.LK instead of cMP. You can carry it into a neat combo then.

If I use kanchou assist, I might as well profit off it.

EDIT: copied from the video..

10k at 1.0. 8.7k at 1.0 without taunt. Corner requires delay in assist call (tight on BB), spacing adjustments need to be made based on screen positioning, usually a forward/back dash to adjust for light/heavy weights spacing from the wall bounce or an HK ATrain whiff/break on heavies after kanchou hits to change the wall bounce spacing. everything after that is the same as my universal BNB. You get a side switch sometimes depending on your choice to forward/back tech based on distance from the wall after jHK. Sometimes the opportunity to side switch is false and you will simply tech too far away, but cMK is pretty magical, so always give it a shot. You can also tech INTO them to prevent the side switch but I have trouble doing this on purpose. Heavies and Valentine? can eat jLP jMP jMK in the last string for extra damage. Not much/worth it. 8.7k on average without taunt. Walking forward and doing sLPx2 into cMK on Double in the second series works to avoid making spacing adjustments from the corner, but you lose out on damage due to scaling. cLP can work too. If you use sLPx2 on Double, take advantage of jLP jMP jMK to help make up for it slightly.

Kanchou is not just a combo extender, by the way, try it out.

Reactions: Skymin50
First off, No this does not count as a combo it is just resets being chain together in quick sequence. But I feel that if you want to be a nasty Band player knowing some of these resets can help take down your opponent.

I'm looking for a good combo for when you hit the opponent with LK Giant Step in the corner, since you have already used your soundstun. You can modify the corner bnb to not use Beat Extend since you've already used sound stun, or do a launch, rejump into Timpani Dive into your OTG c.LP, c.LP, c.MK, s.HK xx HK A Train followup. I'm just wondering if somebody has anything better.

If I use my otg or soundstun really early in a combo (air grab, ground grab, giant step, dp) I usually go for a short combo into a reset. I haven't seen any good combos off of any of the options I mentioned, and the best I've found is about 5k for 1 bar which is awful unless it will kill their character

Last edited:
If I use my otg or soundstun really early in a combo (air grab, ground grab, giant step, dp) I usually go for a short combo into a reset. I haven't seen any good combos off of any of the options I mentioned, and the bets I've found is about 5k for 1 bar which is awful unless it will kill their character

I usually go for a reset too, it seems like the best option since your damage is a lot lower without Beat Extend.

Assists are for fucking losers. We in there.

Good conversion off fuzzy j.MK, nice!

If I use my otg or soundstun really early in a combo (air grab, ground grab, giant step, dp) I usually go for a short combo into a reset. I haven't seen any good combos off of any of the options I mentioned, and the best I've found is about 5k for 1 bar which is awful unless it will kill their character
You're serious?
LP DP: No shake, cr.MK->s.HP /\ [j.MP vs heavies]->j.HP->j.HK, cr.LK->cr.MK->s.HK xx HK A-Train xx SSJ for like 6900 no work.

Reactions: FuLLBLeeD
You're serious?
LP DP: No shake, cr.MK->s.HP /\ [j.MP vs heavies]->j.HP->j.HK, cr.LK->cr.MK->s.HK xx HK A-Train xx SSJ for like 6900 no work.
... I've never even considered not shaking...

Assists are for fucking losers. We in there.

Am I missing something? This is the normal confirm off j.MK, it is unsafe, is the biggest problem but hey, IOH into combo.

Am I missing something? This is the normal confirm off j.MK, it is unsafe, is the biggest problem but hey, IOH into combo.
I think a lot of people aren't aware you can combo off instant j.MK without an assist. It was already in the compendium but it's nice to also have a video example of it :)

Is throw->cr.MK->etc. possible on Squigly? I either get a whiff or I'm too late for it to combo if I let the dash go on for longer.

Is throw->cr.MK->etc. possible on Squigly? I either get a whiff or I'm too late for it to combo if I let the dash go on for longer.

Squiglies has a funky hit box, some things not to do on her when you do a ground grab on her. Beat extend, L/M giant step, and yes cr. mk. Cr. Mk will only work on BB after being grabbed. I just do HK giant step and combo off of the that. I'm too lazy to find any other options that would work on Squigly.

The answer is:

throw xx [4]6LP ~ LK
5LP into full combo

I like tomo's answer cause I found that shit....

But the real answer is mike's combo that massive s.mk hitbox.

Also unless Im mistaken, short dash cr.mk also works.

Hmm I remember having some issue with 5MK 5HP, I need to test this again to remind myself what it was.

That it doesn't work on most characters, but works on Squigly no problem.
I can't get short dash cr.MK on her at all, but maybe that's just me, because I use that on everyone else as my main thing.

^more likely I am wrong. Heh

Proof-of-concept for a neat thing I found out while playing Arcade. Any other reset can be done - all I do is the Icky reset so I use that.

Beat Extend M is possible, but a little trickier. Beat Extend H is super hard to combo into, as if you don't do it fast enough the opponent can block out of it. BE L is safer. Plus, the damage is only minor, so the easier version is much easier.

sorry icky

Reactions: Immaevilspacewhale
Which page of this thread is the actual start of combos with the finalized version of BB?

Which page of this thread is the actual start of combos with the finalized version of BB?
Haha... it's like... somewhere in the middle of the thread.

But Big Band is pretty straightforward in the combo department. Here's what I use:

Midscreen:

[Bread n' Butter]
c.LK c.MK s.HP
j.MP j.HP j.HK |> Tech forward
c.HK H Beat Extend (full shake)
j.LK(3) (delay) j.MK
s.MK
j.LP j.LK(3) j.MK
c.LK c.MK s.HK H A-Train xx Super Sonic Jazz

[Off of Throw]
Throw
dash-c.MK (s.MK for Squigly) s.HP
c.HK H Beat Extend (full shake)
j.LK(3) (delay) j.MK
s.MK
j.LP j.LK(3) j.MK

[Off of Giant Step]
Giant Step
c.MK (c.MP~MP off L Giant Step) s.HP
c.LP s.MK
j.LP j.LK(3) j.MK

[Anti-Air L Beat Extend]
L Beat Extend (No shake)
c.MK s.HP
(j.MP for heavies) j.HP j.HK |> No tech
c.LP s.MK
j.LP j.LK(3) j.MK

Corner:
[Generic Corner Combo]
c.LK c.MK s.HK M Brass Knuckles
c.MP~MP s.HK H Beat Extend (full shake)
j.LK(3) (delay) j.MK
s.MK
j.LP j.LK(3) j.MK
> (damage route) c.LK c.MK s.HK H A-Train xx Super Sonic Jazz
OR
> (keep the corner) c.LK s.MK s.HK (delay until they bounce over your head) Super Sonic Jazz

That should handle... most situations. I can't remember without a controller in my hands what the combo off of air-throw is, but it starts off with Airthrow, falling j.LK |> whatever (I make it up every time). Other guys can probably give you much cooler Air Brake combos, but these are the basics, more or less, for oodles of damage each time.

Midscreen combo off of dropkick using DnB assist.

Embrace the dropkick.

Reactions: Bigtonney
Can someone help me in improving my combo?
I've made it by frankensteining combos together. I've tested it on Fillia, Painwheel, and Double.

Cr.lk Cr.mk St.hk Brass Knuckle M
Cr.mp St.hk Beat Extend H (Full shake)
St.lp2 St.mk2
J.lp J.lk J.mp
Jump Air-Grab
J.lk Cr.lk Cr.mk
St.hk A-train-M Super Sonic Jazz

It does 9955 damage, 11215 damage with taunt, and 6247 damage if the enemy escapes grab.
I've been trying to continue the combo with Beat Extend L but I can't come up with anything...
reset is "Property of Icky™"

Last edited:
Reactions: Skymin50
Can someone help me in improving my combo?
I've made it by frankensteining combos together. I've tested it on Fillia, Painwheel, and Double.

Cr.lk Cr.mk St.hk Brass Knuckle M
Cr.mp St.hk Beat Extend H (Full shake)
St.lp2 St.mk2
J.lp J.lk J.mp
Jump Air-Grab
J.lk Cr.lk Cr.mk
St.hk A-train-M Super Sonic Jazz

It does 9955 damage, 11215 damage with taunt, and 6247 damage if the enemy escapes grab.
I've been trying to continue the combo with Beat Extend L but I can't come up with anything...
reset is "Property of Icky™"

1. Is this corner combo? cause I don't see this working midscreen given the fact that Brass M will push your opponent too far away to continue the rest of the combo.

2. Well I'm glad that you are using the Icky reset ver. 1.2 and that you are giving credit (kinda; ownership of the reset is wonky), if you are going to shove a reset into this franken-combo you can do a ground grab with the moves you have used. Just time your j. mp so that your opponent is very close to the ground after that do a cr. lk and then grab. Here is the example.

3. There is so much more to BB take a look at McPeanuts' stuff that he has posted here and here the rest of the stuff: http://skullgirls.com/forums/index.php?threads/big-band-compendium-read-this-for-combos.2853/

It's going to help to know a wide range of BB combos, so keep at it in the Lab ;^)

To continue what Ninja posted, Big Band sadly doesn't have a universal combo; all his combo paths depend on screen position and whether or not you have assists and sound stun available to you. As for your corner combo into reset, though, you can extend it a little:

c.LK c.MK s.HK M_Knuckles
c.MP~MP s.HK H_Extend~shake
j.LK(3) (delay) j.MK
s.LP~LP s.MK~MK
j.LP j.LK(1) j.MP
j.Throw

And for Ninja's ground grab reset, you can also do j.LP j.LK(3) j.MK v c.LK s.Throw, which totally times itself. Just learn all the places you can hide sneaky resets, and also the situations where you should go for Maximum Soviet Damage (i.e. Super ender)!

On the plus side, needing to earn a bazillion combos just to BnB effectively with the Biggest of Bands makes it difficult for opponents to guess your resets, since your combo keeps changing... although it ALSO means that people mash against Big Band. Like a lot.

EDIT: Totally unrelated, but does Bella's Tumbling Run shortcut commands work with Knuckles/Train~Brake? I.e., would 4_6LP+HK register as "HK A-Train into first frame LP Air Brakes" like it does for Bella (HK Run into ASAP Stop)?

Last edited:
Totally unrelated, but does Bella's Tumbling Run shortcut commands work with Knuckles/Train~Brake? I.e., would 4_6LP+HK register as "HK A-Train into first frame LP Air Brakes" like it does for Bella (HK Run into ASAP Stop)?

Hmmmm.... if this is possible then all of those s. hp air brake cross unders / resets would become a lot faster and that more dangerous.

Hmmmm.... if this is possible then all of those s. hp air brake cross unders / resets would become a lot faster and that more dangerous.
Emergency break is just really slow by default. It's not hard to cancel it at the earliest possible frame simply because the startup and recovery are both really long. I doubt there's a way to do E-break crossunders without being at a frame disadvantage

Emergency break is just really slow by default. It's not hard to cancel it at the earliest possible frame simply because the startup and recovery are both really long. I doubt there's a way to do E-break crossunders without being at a frame disadvantage

Still most people won't be looking out for it so it can be an easy trip up.

Still most people won't be looking out for it so it can be an easy trip up.
I wanna fiddle with this, but I won't be home for a few more hours... But if I can shortcut the air brakes, maybe I'll start using the long combos, haha.

shortcut the air brakes, maybe I'll start using the long combos, haha.
(C)B, F+K+P = EBreak, though you'll get an assist also
(C)B, hold P, F+K (or hold K, F+P) = EBreak

(C)B, F+K+P = EBreak, though you'll get an assist also
(C)B, hold P, F+K (or hold K, F+P) = EBreak
There's actually an inconsistency with this, if you connect with a normal and then do the input with K+P, you'll get the corresponding brass knuckle, whereas on its own (or from a whiffed normal) you'll get the emergency break

Personally I think it'd be more convenient if you just always got the knuckle, given it's utility + assist compared to performing the fastest possible EBreak (Which isn't very hard to begin with)

There's actually an inconsistency with this, if you connect with a normal and then do the input with K+P, you'll get the corresponding brass knuckle, whereas on its own (or from a whiffed normal) you'll get the emergency break

Personally I think it'd be more convenient if you just always got the knuckle, given it's utility + assist compared to performing the fastest possible EBreak (Which isn't very hard to begin with)
Yeah it doesn't have a shortcut, it just cares if you are holding the opposite type of button anytime on or after the 1st frame. Which is why you can hold a button and do it with another button to get the Break.
And yes, since the window for "fastest possible" is like 17f, I don't really think it needs the shortcut?

Thanks for helping!
What's a good midscreen combo without sound-stun?
I can do st.mk st.hk then a Beat Extend to bring the opponent on the other side to use a midscreen combo.
But since I've used the sound stun with the air-grab (It does use it right?) I need a combo with no sound-stun.
Also what's a good beginner midscreen BnB? Doesn't matter if it has sound-stun, I can probably modify it enough.

(It does use it right?)

Nope. Normal airthrow does not. You might be thinking the Death Toll tauntboost super, which has a similar animation and does use soundstun.

Nope. Normal airthrow does not. You might be thinking the Death Toll tauntboost super, which has a similar animation and does use soundstun.
Oh, thanks for clearing that up!

Hello fellas.
I've been working out a combo with big band lately and i'd appreciate if you could tell me how to further optimize it:

S.LP S.LP S.MP S.HP J.MP J.HK C.LK C.MK S.HP J.LK J.MK H.Cymbal_clash H.Take_the_'a'_train blockbuster

in a 1v1 or 2v2 scenario it does 6550 with LV.1, 8050 with Lv.1+taunt, 10000 with Level 3.
works as long it's not used in the corner.

i've been trying to further extend the combo to no avail. usually i play single big band, but lately been adding peacock for some zoning and the QCF+HK assist.
i would be very thankful of your assistance.
regards.

Last edited: