• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Canada The GirlyStyle Man Cave SkullGirls Diaries (vancouver)

Oh, thanks, though unfortunately I don't think I can make it tonight, but I'll be there next time that's for sure. I can bring my laptop with Skullgirls as well!

mTFP6iW.png

@Skarmand for you keyboard players that need a new keyboard geekhack.org
It was super fun as always.

@Shadowfury333 check Worldjems vids on abosolute guard, guard cancel push block and anti crossup push block

and

That was indeed fun, we should do that again soon.
There is the Sunday fgc night at espot. Lots of sf4, mvc3 and one SG setup.

Well, Richmond is a bit of a ways, so I wouldn't likely be there that frequently.
If you feel like going I live close to Joyce stn. If you can meet me there it's no trouble to give a ride. I usually only stay till around 9-930

Oh okay, that sounds great then. However, I am often doing other social things on Sundays (usually with my parents, I only see them once a week usually) so I'll let you know on a week-by-week basis.

Reactions: .42.
@GirlyStyle you should set you twitch account to record the streams. I wanted to take a look at the archive and now I am disappointed. :(

sorry was out been out of touch for a while. works been crazy. updated OP with results from last tourney.

Looking forward to running shizz on Ps3 next month :) hopefully i will have time to practice to give Skarmand a run for his money

Oh shit PS3? I'd be playing blindfolded using a PS3 controller D:
I guess I'll have to see about getting a stick or something.

we can still have PC setups if thats what people prefer, but console I defo easier IMO.

we can probably do a mix.

Well I'll bring my laptop to the next event as an extra setup. Though I imagine most people dislike such small screens.

Well I ordered a hitbox, I'm going to be free as shit until I can get used to this thing.
I'll be trying console quick match too, mainly just to see what one is more popular.
When do you think the next event will be?

Reactions: Choose Goose
Amusingly, I recently got a Logitech f710 for playing Skullgirls (and other games). I'd still prefer PC, but given the similarity between the f710 and the PS3 controller (other than that I would need to use thumbstick on the PS3 pad) I wouldn't mind too much.

Well, I wouldn't mind too much contingent on the colour options being the same on PS3 and PC.

Last edited:
Hey dudes! So for the next gathering, I am thinkin of something a little different.

AIR (the sf4 player) has asked me if I want to do a tournament at the next big Vamcouver tournament on March 8th.

I think this would be super awesome for us because it would help us gain a little more exposure with the existing local scene.

What this would involve:

A Slight Venue fee - The Venue is Espot Arcade and Billards in Richmond, right off the canada line. They make AIR do a venue fee. It's never more then 10 bucks.

PS3 - for sake of their streaming setup as well as space at the venue, PS3 would probably be the way we have to go for this. Also let's face it we are the worst at PC button checks.

AT LEAST 10 PEOPLE. This is kind of a personal thing for me. I don't want to waste the organizers time worrying about ya if we aren't going to show. 16 would be amazing (a know we can do it!) but I don't cause more trouble then needed.

Prize Money - Unlike my tournaments, there will be a small but in for the tourney to award some prize money.

Posting this here but if there is enough interest will make a seperate thread for this event.

I will still run a GIRLYSTYLE DIARIES but later in march If this goes through.

Let's work hard to become Vancouvers third tournament game!

I'll try my best to make it out as always, but I should be there no problem.
The event would be over much earlier than usual then right?

@Choose Goose @hlvn are you able to make it this time?

Last edited:

@Choose Goose are you able to make it this time?

yeah it would be over way sooner and start sooner

@Choose Goose are you able to make it this time?

Possibly. I will have final check offs for my Senior Design project either that day or the next week. So it depends on when that happens and what else I'll have due that week.

What's the earliest I would need to confirm by?

@Choose Goose @hlvn are you able to make it this time?

If ChooseGoose is drivin', I can try.

I'm so fucked on money right now it isn't even funny.

if i can use skarmands hitbox im so down you wont even know.

i can adjust, it wont be hard.

Possibly. I will have final check offs for my Senior Design project either that day or the next week. So it depends on when that happens and what else I'll have due that week.

What's the earliest I would need to confirm by?

no worries as long as i get 10 people, just let me know when you know :) hope you can make it

If ChooseGoose is drivin', I can try.

I'm so fucked on money right now it isn't even funny.

i hear that man. if the difference for you coming or not coming is like not much let me know and i can probably spot ya.

if i can use skarmands hitbox im so down you wont even know.

we will be sure to also seed you and skarmand on opposite sides of bracket

I will be there. Only problem is I don't have a stick that is PS3 compatible.

I should be able to come. Is there free parking at that area of Richmond? Transit is rather roundabout from me to there. I suppose I should bring cash then, too.

The PS3 version is completely synced up with the current PC mainline game, right?

Can't you hook up keyboards to a ps3?

Well I wish I could say that I would be going to the tourny, but I doubt that I'll get around to modding my stick in time.

It's totally understandable that you guys want to use PS3s, though. Not trying to complain or anything. PCs have a tendency of failing when you rely on them most.

It's inevitable that I will one day mod my stick; I'm just usually slow about getting these kinds of things done, and my soldering skills are very lacking lol

Well I wish I could say that I would be going to the tourny, but I doubt that I'll get around to modding my stick in time.

It's totally understandable that you guys want to use PS3s, though. Not trying to complain or anything. PCs have a tendency of failing when you rely on them most.

It's inevitable that I will one day mod my stick; I'm just usually slow about getting these kinds of things done, and my soldering skills are very lacking lol

you can borrow someone's stick :P

I know, but I really really suck at playing with other people's sticks.

I have enough trouble with my own lol