• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Mortal Kombat Thread

one thing i've always wondered:

why don't people like lizardman reptile? that stuff has been established since his MK2 ending.

which I will forever remember since i dished out way too many quarters over 20 years ago to get it.

@UP

No idea. I really liked the Semi-Lizard from MK9 (the MKX one, not so much), and the Full-Lizard from Armageddon looks rather stupid, but I'd take that any day over Ninja number 7.

EDIT: whoops didn't noticed the launch trailer is already posted.

for those who did not want to see the Goro stream, the variation video is up.​

Congratulations to @SonicFox5000 on his victory at Fatal 8. More detailed results and links below.

Results:

1.SonicFox (Erron Black-Outlaw)
2.MIT (Scorpion-Ninja/Inf/Hell)
3.Perfect Legend (Kung Lao - BzS)
3.Hitbox Tyrant (Jax - Pumped)
4.Forever King (Kung Jin-Boj)
4.Tony-T (Raiden-TG)
4.Prodigal Son (Kung Jin-Boj)
4.Ketchup (Quan Chi-Sorc)
Note: added links to each match.

The full archive is available here

Last edited:
@SonicFox5000 congratulations on the win and thanks for shouting out the Skullgirls community.

Congrats @SonicFox5000! Nice work.

Very surprised how much of a rushdown character Erron Black is, Tuesday can't come fast enough.

you think because gun he can't rushdown.
but....
what if gun clear path FOR rushdown?!

what if I throw my gun at them and then rush them down

Seriously, Fox made them look fraud.
Yeah it's like... the fact that
Ketchup took 2(?) rounds off Fox and MIT didn't take any rounds whatsoever may indicate that Ketchup was more solid than most of the other people there (and his MK9 Sektor has been proven to be very solid)... it's just that we didn't really get to see it because he was against Fox.

Kind of sad that this was single elim.

Last edited:
Thank you @SonicFox5000 for the beautiful Erron Black matches. He's one of the top characters I want to play and now I have tons of referencial material. :D

Hey @SonicFox5000 I spent the night watching you play. And I was blown away by what you did with Erron Black and the damage over time combos that either used the caltrops or the blade bleeding. Great stuff man. and hey you didn't need to shout out the SG community but you did and man that's super nice of you. kinda want to hug you. maybe should of done that at NEC, now i have to wait for the next tourny to catch you.

Reactions: SonicFox
Early reports says the online is like Injustice... Can't say how bad it is.

Wait netcode that jank?

ehhhhhhhh... it depended on what you had. If you had meh internet then you fighting anyone outside of your zone would be an uphill climb in some to heavy lag.

I had eh internet for awhile. I can attest it wasn't that great. It worked...but not enough for me to play more than 3 matches to get fed up with it >_>

There's no miraculous improvements in a patch. For good or Ill, the whole game must be built around the idea of online play (just don't add lag to offline play like harada).

I was watching a MKX stream last night and this guy was playing King of the Hill with some friends and the online looked like it ran smoothly(I looked at about an hour and a half of it). Just one more day and we'll find out for ourselves.

Excuse me?
Tekken tag 2 have 1 frame of delay between the button press and the command execution, even offline.

If a fighting game has netcode comparable to Skullgirls - good.

If it doesn't, which I understand is yet again the case - I really do not see how that is allowed to happen for a fighting game in the year 2015.

Has anyone gotten the game early ?

I feel a netcode that reflects the connection you have is more than a fair netcode for a fighting game in general.
all I ask is that the netcode indicator is ACCURATE.
no more of these 3 bar to 1 bar jitters.

I really don't care about Netcode so long as it isn't laggy.
I'm stupid and don't notice input delay.

Also, factions?
I can't decide between Brotherhood of Shadows, Black Dragon, or Special Forces.