• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Mortal Kombat Thread

I'd consider paying that if I was running a tournament and needed Shinnok, since it seems like they hotfixed all the exploits that let you get him without beating story mode (or at least, none of them are working for me).

Reactions: erkicman
okay, so since Erron Black was working with Kotal and Ermac was with him, I'm gonna side with Kotal Khan's faction.

Reactions: Osmiumsmith
I don't have MKX yet, but I figure I'll ask, but do the Krypt graves have pre-set items in them? or is random?

I remember back during Deadly Alliance looking up a guide and going right for "Cooking with Scorpion"

They are preset. I did Krypt twice from zero and I got exactly the same items from the same graves.

okay, so since Erron Black was working with Kotal and Ermac was with him, I'm gonna side with Kotal Khan's faction.

There is no Kotal Kahn faction. Outworld is an NPC Invader.

I was under the assumption Black Dragon would be with Kotal's Posse.
Not 5 minutes into the story mode for Kotal Kahn Kano sells him out to Mileena.
god fucking damn it
I'll just get my faction level to 50 and switch to Brotherhood of Shadows after that.

I'll stick to Lin Kuei.
I like Sub Zero even though he's not my favorite of the ninjas.

Spaeking of that though, anyone else have a major point difference in Factions?
Last I checked, 1st place was 41%, second was 20%, third was 19%, fourth was 13%, last was 9%.
You know who number one was?
Lin Kuei
Because fucking everyone joined that.
Probably because Sub-Zero
It's just kinda a problem since every other faction isn't hugely popular or known that much, if you make a faction led by the second most popular character in the franchise what'd you think was gonna happen?

Reactions: SanoBaron
there should have honestly been MORE factions, with more variety of who is leading them/in them.
like, I know we would all probably join the Kotal Khan posse.
some would probably join the Mileena faction because they all want up in that booty.
I would consider joining Mileena's tight pants faction.

I join SF DX According to what I'm seeing, I have a pretty good point score for the faction...shows how small it is. :/

Story mode was "eh" for me this time around. It had an absolute ton of moments that looked like someone was gonna die and then BOOM! Their ass is saved!
I think Netherrealm is kinda holding off on taking out characters now.

Working around MK9's ending probably contributed to that.

Special Forces all the way. I don't care if they're last place if I can have Mileena call in drone Faction Kills.

The 10,000 souls in Ermac's body should be a faction.

yo, I am serious, imagine how many people would join Mileena's side if this was their flag.
mileena booty.png

Or Takeda's.

JOIN SPECIAL FORCES.

She's got nothin' on Torr's perfect behind.
well, that's just a completely different booty altogether.
it all depends on taste.
I ain't gonna judge anyone on how they like their butts.

Or Takeda's.

JOIN SPECIAL FORCES.
I would, but, that faction will always be

Last edited:
20 dollars to unlock everything that you can just get by actually going through?
Whoever bought that really likes wasting money.

But in their defense, that is the exact type of micro transaction I don't mind in a game. Same with the "easy fatalities" as dumb as they are. Want to simplify things that have no meaningful effect on gameplay? Do it. Want to allow some people to skip things that give them no meaningful advantage? Do it. Costumes and other aesthetics? Do it.

Selling gameplay advantages or balance patches? Go fuck yourself.

I must be an old fashioned person, then.

I just find it more satisfying to unlock it myself than paying.

Reactions: BeatNinja
i've seen plenty of people say how much they hate unlockable shit in fighting games and would pay to just have everything unlocked

ask and ye shall receive

So I've never played the game but apparently there are some really weird things going on with special-cancels in this game.

I'll throw any stuff like this I see on here, for anyone that wants it.

Edit:

Last edited:
The story is not much to spoil tbh.

At least the "important" bits.

All the cool stuff was stuff that isn't actually relevant to the main plotline of this game.

I guess I'll spoiler the rest.... so don't look at it if you actually care about the lackluster storytelling of this game.

It looks like the next game might be interesting though... they set up some cool plotlines but dropped them flat for this game. Also I'm really disappointed that they introduced new characters that have no reason to be there... ie. basically all the outworld ones except D'Vorah. Ferra/Torr and Erron Black only get token appearances. In fact Erron Black appears so much he feels like he is just padding story fights it is silly.

The revenents though, I want that story to happen, not the boring played predictable Shinnok one.

Kung Jin is fine, he is the only one who really got any (protracted) character development imo. Takeda honestly feels like an OC do not steal almost... although I like how he plays. Cassie and Jacqui are whatever, they just feel so... basic as characters that I can't get into them at all.

I liked the story, but speaking about the STORY MODE, I feel a bit underwhelmed. They promised it would be bigger and better than MK9's, and, well, it wasn't lol it was shorter and underdeveloped.

I'm enjoying towers, fights and online. The Krypt is totally awesome, I love it.

The new characters are all amazing. My faves are Cassie (ftw), Erron Black, D'vorah, Kung Jin and Kotal Kahn. You know, I usually main Kitana but this time I'm maining Sonya and Cassie. They're awesome.

Kung Jin is fine, he is the only one who really got any (protracted) character development imo. Takeda honestly feels like an OC do not steal almost... although I like how he plays. Cassie and Jacqui are whatever, they just feel so... basic as characters that I can't get into them at all.
yeah, if Kung Jin is gonna be the main character, I'd rather not. with what little I've seen of him, I don't find him all that likable. and I love Takeda's over the top design. it's great. I'd rather he and Cassie be the main characters... or Johnny. Johnny is super cool as a main character.

am I the only one who dislikes the new timeline Raiden?

So there was an update for the game that seems to have added compatability with the first round of DLC.

In the Kollection section of extras you can see Jason, and known costumes Vampiress Mileena, Kraken Reptile, and Pharoah Ermac.

New are the costumes Revolution Kano, Motherland Sonya, and Tundra Sub-Zero (Basically a Red Son pack). Included free is Klassic Sub-Zero.

If the patch did anything else, I don't know. I only got to look at costumes before I had to leave my house temporarily.

Reactions: Jutsei
20 dollars to unlock everything that you can just get by actually going through?
Whoever bought that really likes wasting money.
It's pretty great, though. Easy pickings.

1. Pay to play the game. 2. Pay to not have to play it. Awesome.

If non-TOs want to spend their money like this, it would be a wasted opportunity to not allowed them to.

Reminds me of people who create a character in an MMO like WoW, then pay someone to level him up to max level for them.
NetherRealm Studios is just cutting out the middleman, making sure that money goes to them rather than teenagers for hire.

So there was an update for the game that seems to have added compatability with the first round of DLC.

In the Kollection section of extras you can see Jason, and known costumes Vampiress Mileena, Kraken Reptile, and Pharoah Ermac.

New are the costumes Revolution Kano, Motherland Sonya, and Tundra Sub-Zero (Basically a Red Son pack). Included free is Klassic Sub-Zero.

If the patch did anything else, I don't know. I only got to look at costumes before I had to leave my house temporarily.
IT'S COMIN'!

And we got extra kostumes too?
I'm glad to see we're getting more than just the costumes in the Kombat Pass, I'll have to see how these Russian outfits look, but hey, can't go wrong with free kostumes.
We're getting free kostumes with the updates too? Radical.

There were costumes in some of the updates for MK9. One of the updates gave you MK3 sub zero and another gave you the mk2 skins for kitana and jade. (meaning Mileena still has the fugly ass bun for her dlc costumes)

Last edited:
Cause mkx is a thing now and i paid 60 bucks for it...

It's pretty great, though. Easy pickings.

1. Pay to play the game. 2. Pay to not have to play it. Awesome.

If non-TOs want to spend their money like this, it would be a wasted opportunity to not allowed them to.

Reminds me of people who create a character in an MMO like WoW, then pay someone to level him up to max level for them.
NetherRealm Studios is just cutting out the middleman, making sure that money goes to them rather than teenagers for hire.
Reminds with what vanilla DoA5 did.
Added an option to unlock all characters and costumes for tourneys. Only difference was that it was free.
I just don't get it, honestly.

IT'S COMIN'!

And we got extra kostumes too?
I'm glad to see we're getting more than just the costumes in the Kombat Pass, I'll have to see how these Russian outfits look, but hey, can't go wrong with free kostumes.
We're getting free kostumes with the updates too? Radical.

Well, we have 3 more characters and 3 more ninjas, so I see Klassic Scorpion, Klassic Reptile, and Klassic Ermac in our future. Palette swaps seem like the safest bets for free stuff.

Also you can see a short framed glimpse of Jason's first fatality in the page.
His profile's pretty neat though,, points out how he just keeps coming back.
Even mentioned how he got burnt up in Space.

Probably, we're due for lots of costumes it seems