• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Palettes of Skullgirls

So the recent Eliza update gave us 9 colors for her. I can only identify two (with what I think are two original colors), so can you guys help?

1. Original Colors
82ZaeoN.jpg

2. ??? and ???
9v2kB3f.jpg

3. Eliza (Tekken) and Jedah (Darkstalkers)
FazjtDY.jpg

4. ??? and ???
LwlPpJ4.jpg

5. ???
QV6oUVw.jpg

Eliza with an Eliza palette. I'm pretty happy about that one.

82ZaeoN.jpg
This one makes me think of the good ol' player #2 palettes from older fighting games. Ah, the times when there were just two palettes per character and the second was the same as the first, with just a few things here and there coloured differently.

Yup. I agree that #2 is very 2P palette swap (red for black, just like checkers) and how #3 should join the yellow+black+white club that seven of the roster have for their #5 palette. Those two are originals. The rest...

Earlier in the thread:
When I design reference palettes, I don't aim for a 1:1 conversion. I want to get something that both looks good, but still manages to invoke the spirit of the original design.

I think this Eliza color started as Amane Nishiki from BlazBlue, but then it was augmented to stand out more:

ulb5XA8.jpg

Looks like him, right? As for the others, they look familiar, but I can't quite place their inspiration. I wonder if they are originals too.

Request for Mike_Z and EU03: Apocalypse Eliza, please! It would look great with the other X-Men related palettes like Jean Grey Parasoul (#22), Sentinel Painwheel (#12), and Magneto Filia (#12)!

I don't think that's Amane... I don't see that palette looking anything like him.

Eliza's not cool enough to have a palette of my husbando, so it probably isn't Amane.

vqfxOhE.gif

Maybe not cool enough for Amane, but perhaps A.B.A.? She's one of the handful of characters listed in Eliza's gameplay inspirations from the IndieGoGo campaign:
  • A.B.A. (Guilty Gear series)
  • T.O.P. system (Garou: Mark of the Wolves)
  • Donovan Baine (Darkstalkers series)
  • Nanase (Street Fighter EX3)
  • Anakaris (Darlkstalkers series)
  • Litchi Faye Ling (BlazBlue)
  • Jafar (Aladdin [SNES])
  • Jedah (Darkstalkers series)
  • Carmine (Under Night In-Birth)
We got Jedah (#6) so the rest have a fair chance.

I don't think that's Amane... I don't see that palette looking anything like him.

Haha, yeah you're right. Maybe I should have emphasized the "started as Amane" part. That palette has most of his colors, but then goes crazy with the placement compared to the suspected source material.

Trying to guess the inspiration motives of the enigmatic EU03 is hard! Maybe once all the colors are finalized, it would be swell to get a hold of someone in Lab Zero to whisper the right answers to us.

Haha, well there's three more for us to guess at:
Y7utgUE.jpg
10: Um...
11: Uh...
12: Initially, a brunette in a red dress had me thinking Anna Williams from Tekken, but the eyes are different. Anna has blue, and this Eliza color seems to have brown irises and skin tone sclera.

I'm unsure about all three! Any guesses?

10 - Tharja (Fire Emblem)
11 - Urien (Street Fighter III)
12 - ??? (besides the eyes, I don't think it's Anna because in no version does she have stockings that vividly red)

So, as we stand on Eliza's palettes:
01 - Default
02 - Customary RGB flip palette
03 - Customary black/white/gold palette (might move to #5)
04 - ???
05 - Eliza (Tekken)
06 - Midnight Bliss Jedah (Vampire Savior)
07 - ??? (fair chance it might be Kikuri-hime from the Shin Megami Tensei series)
08 - Original
09 - Princess Iset (Vindictus)

Reactions: BallotBoxer
Kikuri-hime is very likely right. Princess Iset I'm not so sure on.

I'm pretty sure #11 is Mina Majikina from Samurai Shodown

If not, it could easily pass as that

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure #11 is Mina Majikina from Samurai Shodown

If not, it could easily pass as that

I believe Mike said on stream that it was Urien.

God damn i can't put my finger on the "anna" pallet it also resembles ada wong(which should be a pallet cause some on the baddest bitches in vg history)

Doubt it's Ada. Black is a prominent color in her dresses and, for the same reason I don't think it's Anna, IIRC she doesn't wear stockings that vivid red.
Maybe it's the lighting but I couldn't help but notice the staff appears to have a unique pattern. IMHO, if this is indeed a reference palette, that might be a good hint. Also, notice that Sekhmet might be black.
uUEirjC.png

Haha, well there's three more for us to guess at:
Y7utgUE.jpg
10: Um...
11: Uh...
12: Initially, a brunette in a red dress had me thinking Anna Williams from Tekken, but the eyes are different. Anna has blue, and this Eliza color seems to have brown irises and skin tone sclera.

11 looks like rouge the bat. :PUN: now I can have a sonic trio

Reactions: SmashBlade
It's totally Urien. The staff matches the Aegis Reflector!

There's also the fact that Mike already said that #11 was Urien when he showed it off. :P

I would say #12 looks like I-No, but her colors arent right for her scepter to look like a guitar.

Reactions: Kongk4
Do you think there are going to be any Eliza palettes with blood that any color other than red? An Eliza with black blood would be pure awesome.

Praying for Kosaku Eliza with Killer Queen Sek

I'm personally partial to the idea of Risotto Nero color Eliza with a metallic Sekhmet.

Do you think there are going to be any Eliza palettes with blood that any color other than red? An Eliza with black blood would be pure awesome.
there are already palettes with different colored blood

Is there a Robo Fortune template?

aw shit son
a Dorothy Palette to compliment Big O Band?
shit, now all Beowulf needs is a Roger Smith palette and I can have TEAM O

i just made a grayscale of this so you can edit it.

robofortuneGSpsd-2.png~original

Last edited:
Reactions: Kongk4 and Guymelef
I prefer the new one a lot more. It's actually one of my mains.

Along with the Crimson Viper edit (#8), there's a new palette, #15:

YiMcwPy.jpg
The patch notes makes it easy to confirm the reference.
- New color! There are never enough hours in the days of a queen, and her nights have too many.
That's a movie quote from Cleopatra (1963). An appropriate and inevitable reference to the last active pharaoh of Ancient Egypt (51 - 30 BC). Looks superb.

The Shoryuken wiki has me concerned. On their list, they have #13 for Anna Williams.
  • 1 - Default
  • 2 - Original alternate
  • 3 - Unknown
  • 4 - Unknown
  • 5 - Eliza (Tekken)
  • 6 - Jedah (Darkstalkers)
  • 7 - Kikuri-hime (Shin Megami Tensei)
  • 8 - C. Viper (Street Fighter 4)
  • 9 - Original alternate
  • 10 - Princess Iset (Vindictus)
  • 11 - Tharja (Fire Emblem: Awakening)
  • 12 - Urien (Street Fighter 3)
  • 13 - Anna Williams (Tekken)
  • 14 - Dio Brando (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders)
  • 15 - Cleopatra (1963 film "Cleopatra")
As discussed earlier in this thread, #13 doesn't really fit Anna Williams or Ada Wong. So who is it?
rk3NxbA.jpg
Rt1YraA.jpg

Red and pink clothes. Red "gloves." Brown Staff of Ra. Muddy amaranth blood. Brown hair and eyes. Yellow tinted skin with flesh tone sclera (whites of the eye). This palette seems too specific to be an original. But who is it?

If the hair was a more chromatic brown and the legs were skin color I'd guess Jam Kuradoberi from Guilty Gear. She's brunette with brown eyes and a red and pink color scheme. But that is not the case for #13.

Any new guesses for palette 13? We must solve this to fix the Shoryuken wiki's mistake.

Any new guesses for palette 13? We must solve this to fix the Shoryuken wiki's mistake.

The first moment I saw this palette I think was "The kings of god"
But the hands, legs and the blood not red...