• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Palettes of Skullgirls

Damn right you won't use it. It's mine and mine alone.

Reactions: Beuzer0
Well Annie must like me ironically, because I'm totally gonna use that color. I don't know if i'll use it more than Battletoad, but the colors themselves actually look really good on Cere.

Reactions: DDB
What the flying fudge is on Cerebella?
Annie, why?

Suddenly, Cerebella palette #21.
So, some of you might recognize this one. Some might even lose their shit over it.

fgunu5a.png
HORY CRAP

Reactions: ink_deer
Sorry to double post, but why are they adding new palettes?
I'm not complaining of course, more content is more content, and both palettes look reeeaally good, but it's been a good while since they added IGG palettes. Is there any particular reason that things are being added now, or it a 'Just cuz' thing?

That Annie palette be dope yo, and that Peacock one. I got my buddy to get on and start playing because their was a new palette... and it had to be Daisy one of the most despised characters in our little circle. I have no quarrel with Daisy and I love the new palette, but its staying the banana suit palette between me and my pals.

You hear that?

If we're willing to pay...

Annie palettes. For everyone.

for the low cost of $4,800.00

Reactions: Medici Mob Boss
If you want X colour for Y character, pay me $400, and then we'll talk.
Is this a real offer? Cause I can start saving.

Reactions: Huesoman
Perfect Palette:

Eliza-Princess Peach

Horace And Albus-Mario And Luigi

Sombody make that Shit Quuiiick!!!!!!!!!

Rare opportunity! Donate $400 to Muro so he can have his Joker Peacock.

You know you want to.

Quick give me $400, if I don't use it to buy drugs I'll make Annie colored Beowulf or just donate to Muro to donate

Annie palettes. For everyone.

for the low cost of $4,800.00

It would be far cheaper to just buy Double.

Annie's in the game. Everyone shut up.
Seriously though, Peacock and Cerebella should switch palettes. Daisy would really fit Cerebella with the personality and Pea's an Annie fan. It fits. Those backer colors are weird.

Reactions: Huesoman
Well ,Annie is a performer and Cerebella is a performer so I wouldn't say they are too far off but you do understand it's whateva the backers want the person likes Annie and obviously plays Cerebella why give a color to a person you might not play I would love a red lantern Painwheel but I wouldn't waste my one chance to be apart of the game on her

Well ,Annie is a performer and Cerebella is a performer so I wouldn't say they are too far off but you do understand it's whateva the backers want the person likes Annie and obviously plays Cerebella why give a color to a person you might not play I would love a red lantern Painwheel but I wouldn't waste my one chance to be apart of the game on her
I think the pallettes are cool and i know the backers didn't want to piss off others, they have their likings and headcanons. I guess i was just sort of confused. Over colors in a game. Sounds stupid, when you think about it.

Just saying filia should have a ryu pallet. Now before everyone comes after me with "get the hell out of here!!!"....here me out....... Fukua has an akuma (or gouki) pallet, would it not make sense to give filia, the opposite of fukua, a ryu pallet, the opposite of akuma. And no I'm not just saying that cause I like Ryu (Totally do though) I think it would be a cool little nod to the influences of the characters. Just saying (please don't yell at me -_-)

Reactions: Rachel Phoenix
If you want X colour for Y character, pay me $400, and then we'll talk.
Your honest, right?
If soo, should we create a foundation for this? I assume everyone can get the colors as long you payed the bundle for that character (or the one for every character)?

@joshb911
The thing is, most of Fukua's colors consist of clone palettes. Why give Filia Ryu but not Chun-Li, and Ken, and Scorpion, and Zangief, and Cammy, and Sub-Zero, and Venom, and Kasumi, and...?

The line has to be drawn somewhere. One could say "OK, so lets just have one Filia pallet of a reverse-clone for the sake of a nod", which I guess would make sense. And that being said, the game already has Filia's Sonic to Fukua's Shadow.

@joshb911
The thing is, most of Fukua's colors consist of clone palettes. Why give Filia Ryu but not Chun-Li, and Ken, and Scorpion, and Zangief, and Cammy, and Sub-Zero, and Venom, and Kasumi, and...?

The line has to be drawn somewhere. One could say "OK, so lets just have one Filia pallet of a reverse-clone for the sake of a nod", which I guess would make sense. And that being said, the game already has Filia's Sonic to Fukua's Shadow.
Good call Muro. And I'm not about to pay for a palette (although I love the community and all). I just thought it would be cool

I wouldn't pay for a Ryu colored Filia for the shear fact color scheme wise, she's half way there its not worth 400

Your honest, right?
If soo, should we create a foundation for this? I assume everyone can get the colors as long you payed the bundle for that character (or the one for every character)?
Only the colors that were made to go into the pre-Encore color pack cost anything. IGG (read: $400 cost) palettes are all free and are just patched into the game like Fukua (or the recent Daisy Peacock and Annie Cere, for color examples)

Just saying filia should have a ryu pallet. Now before everyone comes after me with "get the hell out of here!!!"....here me out....... Fukua has an akuma (or gouki) pallet, would it not make sense to give filia, the opposite of fukua, a ryu pallet, the opposite of akuma. And no I'm not just saying that cause I like Ryu (Totally do though) I think it would be a cool little nod to the influences of the characters. Just saying (please don't yell at me -_-)
Doesn't Fukua have an 'Evil Ken' palette? Or am I mistaken?

Funny how Fukua has palettes from just about every SF clone except Evil Ryu. ._.

even more funny that fukua doesnt have a regular ken palette since, ya know... ken was originally a clone of ryu in SF1 so you could play 2 players.

ken is the original clone character.

also if someone wants to go halves with me on the 400$ to get a varia suit robo fortune in the game i would totally do that.

sneaky peek...

robofortuneMETROIDpsd.jpg

i am deadly serious.

I think someone asked Mike about why there isn't a Ken palette for Fukua, and he answered something along the line of that it being too obvious?

also if someone wants to go halves with me on the 400$ to get a varia suit robo fortune in the game i would totally do that.
Pretty sure she'll get that palette anyway. But I enjoy the idea of people saying "let's get this palette in there, how many people want to split the cost". Cause there are totally colors I would chip in for to get in the game.

Also, would rather get the Gravity Suit, just cause I love purple. The palettes I drummed up for Varia, Gravity, and Fusion suit a while back are in my sig, for those interested.

Princess peach pallet for Eliza and mario and Luigi pallets for horace and albus
whos down wit that

I'm no mod but... let us keep the palette dreaming and scheming out of this thread. This is for official, added and to-be-added palette discussion.

If you want to play the What-If? game, head over to the [Fan Made] Custom Palette's thread.

Back on topic...

I think eventually all characters will have 22 colors. Either through the unknown amount of IndieGoGo backer choices left to go and the staff picks (see Filia and Squigly #22) everyone will be even. Should be even, in my mind.

Palette Scoreboard:
Big Band - 22
Cerebella - 21
Double - 20
Eliza - 22
Filia - 22
Fukua - 20
Ms. Fortune - 22
Painwheel - 20
Parasoul - 22
Peacock - 21
Squigly - 22
Valentine - 22

Theoretically, there could be 8 (or 6 since Fukua is an unpredictable bonus) palettes in the future to fill in the gaps. However, if a 22 gets another palette, feel free to drop by and give my misguided intuition a :DP::HP:

I'm no mod but... let us keep the palette dreaming and scheming out of this thread. This is for official, added and to-be-added palette discussion.

If you want to play the What-If? game, head over to the [Fan Made] Custom Palette's thread.
This is different from people saying "Isn't this palette cool, I wish it was in the game", or even "I like this palette I made". Someone who's got a Lab Zero tag told us directly "give us $400 and we'll make whatever palette you want", and people are talking about actually and literally splitting the cost for a palette.

Reactions: Rachel Phoenix