• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Road to Becoming a Competent Fraud

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played a looong set with @Luweewu (Squig/Filia/Double Squig/Updo/Bomber) last night. I had to change teams and characters a few times before I got a good read on what to do about his.. everything. He may have just gotten tired and did less well and I actually learned nothing but I'd like to say I learned things.

1. VS runaway friendly teams I have to entirely change my approach. I knew this for Peacock. I didn't know this for Squigly. It's not about mobility, it's not about assists or when you call them.. it's about the approach. The best option I had several times in that matchup was to let Squigly be right on top of me (which I HATE because LDive at me and I can't do much it feels like to react to the low/throw+assist stuff coming after it) and try to get her to land and let me attempt low/throw. Air to air was too scary, her bomber and updo coming out while she JUMPS CIRCLES AROUND ME and gets random crossup assist hits into sing > sbo and.. zone her sing > sbo, dash sing > sbo, sing > sbo > kill yourself
  2. I hate Squigly
  3. Don't do any of my Parasoul resets vs any character that can double jump or divekick, they're all trash
  4. Learn what to do when you're denied the ability to zone as peacock, denied the ability to rush down as peacock, and -you're- being rushed down. I folded when I should've tried some sort of up close option but I was too busy being fucking stressed.
  5. Mashed Gregor really does always work. (Filia/Bella HLnL during part of the set)
  6. Running Solo Parasoul is not always a bad idea when your opponent's team is optimized for 3v3 two/three-touch death setups and they can't actually do that vs your Solo character. Also if they're not mindful of reversals, you can go for those more freely and the risk isn't as bad considering the health/damage ratio difference. I might test out Duos.
  7. Valentine had to play the same game my Parasoul did to get anywhere near Squigly. Run under her and wait for a low/throw opportunity. I don't like this.
  8. Filia could do what she wanted except jMP. Bella did Bella things that Lu should've handled better a few times I felt like and that's the only reason I got anywhere. He didn't block some kanchou attempts.
  9. Charged Squigly is not Squigly. Para vs Squigly is zoning until Squigly finds a way through. Para vs Charged Squigly is as described above. I don't like this.
  10. Peacock is useless against a good Squigly if she has charge or is remotely near you unless you know your up-close options. Time to study..
  11. When the fuck is Eliza I want my runaway team hard counter character in retail now this is upsetting
Played a 5 match set with @IsaVulpes vs his Pea/Fukua/Para team (Pea/HDrill/Pillar)

1. fuck runaway teams
  2. peacock can do plenty about valentine in the air don't let anyone lie to you
  3. 5 matches is not enough to learn anything
  4. everything I knew about para or val vs peacock is wrong
  5. i hate runaway teams
  6. whens eliza
  7. IsaVulpes can actually play Peacock
  8. whens eliza
  9. whens eliza
  10. whens beowulf
  11. whens runaway teams hard counter with para/???/val

To answer your question about Eliza and Beowulf, I will instead ask another question. When's Annie?

To answer your question about Eliza and Beowulf, I will instead ask another question. When's Annie?

Whenever runaway teams don't give me hell (trick question)

Whenever runaway teams don't give me hell (trick question)
I have taught you well... You are now worthy of the true title of "Fraud".

Reactions: gllt
The next set I run, I'm trying an experiment.

Para (Bike)
Bella (Excellabella)
Val (HBypass)

I'll run some concepts with this in the lab but its the neutral game I'm interested in.

- 5 matches is not enough to learn anything

- peacock can do plenty about valentine in the air don't let anyone lie to you
- everything I knew about para or val vs peacock is wrong
- IsaVulpes can actually play Peacock
But if you can't learn anything in 5 matches, how did 5 matches make you so sure on this?.?

i hate runaway teams
I'd go in more but it's hard and I don't have a Peacock offence :(

Bella (Excellabella).
I *TOLD* @Mr Peck that this sounds like a gllt assist.

P.S. You should try Bella with H.Napalm Shot, it's good

P.P.S. Being a unique snowflake is cool and trying out things by yourself rather than following blindly what other people state is as well, but playing bad on purpose just to be different doesn't sound like it'd keep *me* happy for long. Dunno about you.
But yeah IMO if you want to do strange things then they need to have a specific reason - if you believe X is good try it out!! You might be onto something it can always happen. But your reasons for things like Bike assist or Valentine anchor should go beyond "Nobody else does it, so I want to do it" *IMO*.
If you have a good team and it's not working you know you'll have to improve (or it doesn't fit your playstyle and should get scrapped entirely); if you play some weirdo crack which you don't actually believe is good and then you lose, there's always the lingering thought of "Well what if I played a better team" and then you switch to the next strange thing and have a much harder time identifying where your problems actually lie.

Mister... We are the players who find the randoms entertaining. Win or Lose it does not matter, We have fun in experimenting with stuff that is different. I run point Band and excerebella assist.
It's not necessary for Band to have excerebella, LnL would be much better, but I use excerebella so I can taunt in midcombo so I can finish with tuba tuba. The down side? the combo scales by 50% and it severely gimps Band's output damage. And when Eliza comes into the retail game, I'll have her with peacock's charged item drop so I can combo off of air super. Yes that is the only reason why I am doing that. So in the end, we do the wacky cause it's fun. and if we win we win off of our skill to use a team that has a different type of synergy than other standard teams.

A) Because I learned it from other sets first, the set with you just drilled it further into my mind.
B) I don't mind if you do that! Also your Peacock offence seemed fine.
C) Excellabella was the first Bella assist I ever used. I just found out I don't care for using it with Val, so that idea is scratched.
D) I don't like napalm shot assists anymore that much.
E) I agree with what you say. For the record I like bike because it gives corner carry and it can make certain approaches safe like any other fireball can. I like anchor Val because she makes good comebacks and lvl 5 is cool, but unless I make up for her shortcomings that I have with using Bypass assist by having another good assist on my team, I'm screwed vs teams like yours.

How do I really feel right now?

When's Eliza/Beo/Robo. I need new assist choices. The characters I enjoy playing in the order I prefer to play them do not meld with the assists I need on my team to make my characters viable. I've spent hours in lab working with Para/X/Val trying to fill that hole pretty fruitlessly, even with sacrificing part of what I want.

HBrass would do a lot of what I need. I hate playing BB.

I think I'm just gonna forget about it all and do what the hell I want and lose a lot. Might swap Val and Para's places out because anchor Para makes good comebacks like anchor Val does.

The correct answer is "Val on point with whatever assist because no matter what you pick it'll suck anyways, Parasoul in the middle, and whoever on anchor (pick a good anchor for this BTW, not Squigly or Painwheel or something) with either a lockdown assist or a horizontal approach assist."

You've got Val where she's best (and the only spot she works, frankly), Parasoul has a safe DHC in bikes to get her in and avoid the incoming game, and then you have a decent anchor.

Or I can play Para/Pea/Eliza when Eliza hits retail.

Or I can play Para/Pea/Eliza when Eliza hits retail.
You mean Pea/Para/Eliza, right?

Stop putting characters like Val or Peacock somewhere other than on point.

I can understand why people argue about Val staying on point but Peacock is fine in non-point spots plenty of the time, thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: Midiman
Should have done bike super you might have pulled off the Lenny going off launching Filia after the end of Slaughter Ladies. That or have bomb go off inside of Eliza's super doing tons of damage to Filia but not you.

Peacock can work on non-point since bomb assists are actually stronger than most would think IMO, but you have to have an even more solid Peacock since you run the greater risk of not having some assists when she comes in, which most peacocks seem to be deathly afraid of.

P.S. You should try Bella with H.Napalm Shot, it's good

I don't play with bella at all, but are you sure the H shot is preferred over L shot assist? In general, I think L shot works better for pressure, setups, and especially crossups over H shot, and I think Bella might be one character that theoretically would take advantage of that. H shot has its place too, but I thought it was mostly with characters that I think don't synergize with L shot (I think BB is an example for this, might also be tooootally wrong on that?).

P.P.S. Being a unique snowflake is cool and trying out things by yourself rather than following blindly what other people state is as well, but playing bad on purpose just to be different doesn't sound like it'd keep *me* happy for long. Dunno about you.
But yeah IMO if you want to do strange things then they need to have a specific reason - if you believe X is good try it out!! You might be onto something it can always happen. But your reasons for things like Bike assist or Valentine anchor should go beyond "Nobody else does it, so I want to do it" *IMO*.
If you have a good team and it's not working you know you'll have to improve (or it doesn't fit your playstyle and should get scrapped entirely); if you play some weirdo crack which you don't actually believe is good and then you lose, there's always the lingering thought of "Well what if I played a better team" and then you switch to the next strange thing and have a much harder time identifying where your problems actually lie.

I think this is really solid, esp the bolded bits I liked there. The most important thing is to identify your playstyle and play a team around that if you want to be efficient, or spend a lot of time fighting your own habits/style.

1. VS runaway friendly teams I have to entirely change my approach. I knew this for Peacock. I didn't know this for Squigly. It's not about mobility, it's not about assists or when you call them.. it's about the approach. The best option I had several times in that matchup was to let Squigly be right on top of me (which I HATE because LDive at me and I can't do much it feels like to react to the low/throw+assist stuff coming after it) and try to get her to land and let me attempt low/throw. Air to air was too scary, her bomber and updo coming out while she JUMPS CIRCLES AROUND ME and gets random crossup assist hits into sing > sbo and.. zone her sing > sbo, dash sing > sbo, sing > sbo > kill yourself
  2. I hate Squigly
  3. Don't do any of my Parasoul resets vs any character that can double jump or divekick, they're all trash
  4. Learn what to do when you're denied the ability to zone as peacock, denied the ability to rush down as peacock, and -you're- being rushed down. I folded when I should've tried some sort of up close option but I was too busy being fucking stressed.
  5. Mashed Gregor really does always work. (Filia/Bella HLnL during part of the set)
  6. Running Solo Parasoul is not always a bad idea when your opponent's team is optimized for 3v3 two/three-touch death setups and they can't actually do that vs your Solo character. Also if they're not mindful of reversals, you can go for those more freely and the risk isn't as bad considering the health/damage ratio difference. I might test out Duos.
  7. Valentine had to play the same game my Parasoul did to get anywhere near Squigly. Run under her and wait for a low/throw opportunity. I don't like this.
  8. Filia could do what she wanted except jMP. Bella did Bella things that Lu should've handled better a few times I felt like and that's the only reason I got anywhere. He didn't block some kanchou attempts.
  9. Charged Squigly is not Squigly. Para vs Squigly is zoning until Squigly finds a way through. Para vs Charged Squigly is as described above. I don't like this.
  10. Peacock is useless against a good Squigly if she has charge or is remotely near you unless you know your up-close options. Time to study..
  11. When the fuck is Eliza I want my runaway team hard counter character in retail now this is upsetting
1. If you have DP assists, use them if/when the squiggly is obviously going to the air so you can get them to pre-emptively block, which can allow you to then get in closer while you have momentum (though assist may get hit by a countercall/punish). She can do the same to you too! The point is that if there is a space that is consistently beating you and they stick in there, you need to either fill up that space before they do and stuff/throw them or do the opposite way of trying to instead find some way to put pressure from a different spacing where that previous spacing of hers won't work as well and she'll have to adjust/change. Squiggly has good air buttons, but there are ways for para to beat them.

As for the "being close to squiggly's face", I think its important for a para to stay near the edge of the divekick spacing, because I really like using some of para's ground to air options as a reaction when you see the squiggly jump and do something. In particular, I think sLP, cMP on close tear, and even cHP can work at the right space. Keep her close I feel, but not too close.

3. Well, at that point, if you are still going for air resets, there's always burst bait vs air throw which can work against the options I think. Ground resets are pretty cool too.

6. shhhhh don't ruin my secret :( (not really a secret but in general yeah, some combinations don't work as well against parasoul and in those cases solo para isn't that bad I think)

7. I think last I heard from the MU thread, Squiggly beats Valentine?

8. blocking kanchou is haaaaard

9. Besides what I already said above about squiggly, I think too that against a charged squiggly you need to learn to bulldog your way in. I like walking forward to corner her and keeping in mind your own range where you can dash in with sLP or even using fHP so you can harass. Walking forward lets you still be able to block, and keeping your own ranges in mind should make the squiggly sit there holding charge while you close in on a good spacing. Also keep in mind that if they decide to switch to kick charge on you while you walk forward, you need to change your approach as well to deal with tremelo/silver cord.

Mister... We are the players who find the randoms entertaining. Win or Lose it does not matter, We have fun in experimenting with stuff that is different
If you like doing silly things "just because" / for the fancy factor, that's fine. Sage lulzed around occasionally with Squigly/Bella for the Daisy/Excel unblockable, guitalex sometimes plays Metergain/Metergain/BBand because he wants to play Lvl5 Trumpet Super, I sometimes spend an entire match running in circles because I want to land buttons xx LP.Bang xx Lenny xx Fukua 360, etc.
But we understand that this is just for lulz purposes. We wouldn't enter a tournament to do it, we don't complain if it doesn't work, we aren't seriously trying to figure something out - we're just pushing buttons.
If I play a silly game and try to land Fukua Lvl5 at all costs, I don't even attempt to take anything from that match, because I know that there will be a prominent lingering thought in my head that keeps whispering "But this match would have been easy if you had played seriously", which shuts off all attempts at improvement rather efficiently.
If you *try to get good at the game* and play an FT5, and all you take out of it is "I want Eliza or Beowulf", then something about your team is VERY off, and your mindset is probably not right either.

If gllt says "I have no interest in becoming competitive at this game, I just want to call HK Bypass assist because it's hilarious" then that's perfectly fine - or well, I wouldn't approve of it, but whatever.
If he says "I think this assist is good, because <XYZ>, so I want to try it out", that is good!! He shall test, and if he comes to the conclusion that he can make it work and/or it fits his playstyle, then he should continue doing it - I think Filia c.MK is a pretty shit assist, but SonicFox believes in it, learned things with it, and got Top4 at EVO. I also think PW Throw assist is a stupid choice as I hate all Throw assists, but who am I to tell Taluda what to do??
IF, however, he says "I want to do this because it's different", and then loses, and then doesn't improve because he rather blames his team, and then picks the next bad team, and loses, and then goes to the next ad infinitum, that's one hell of a problem.

your Peacock offence seemed fine.
Nah, I just push buttons. My combo drops on some chars which I keep forgetting, I keep triggering IPS by mistake cus I'm stupid, I can't properly time teleports, I don't have actual mixups cus I keep forgetting to use c.MK (upback will beat all of my options), I have spent 0 minutes in practice mode to learn things like charge Doom - Jump, Doublejump forward - Let go of doom - Air Backdash and instead just play it by ear, I still can't combo after Throw in the corner, I don't have any punishes, etc etc etc etc

My Peacock is just doing things and trying to zone - which I got a load better at than even a few days ago - but it's not scary on offence one bit.
My zoning also isn't very good; *I* wouldn't lose to my Peacock. If you have problems with my Peacock, *you have problems with Peacock* and/or are too predictable in general (allowing me to read you too hard and eg AA you with airthrows consistently) - that's not a "I picked the wrong characters for this" issue.

E) I agree with what you say. For the record I like bike because it gives corner carry and it can make certain approaches safe like any other fireball can. I like anchor Val because she makes good comebacks and lvl 5 is cool, but unless I make up for her shortcomings that I have with using Bypass assist by having another good assist on my team, I'm screwed vs teams like yours.
This is what I mean~

Those aren't reasons. You don't need "This assist does X, so I want it", you need a concise reasoning on what your assists/teamorder does *BETTER* than other, more common, assists/orders.

For example, my assist choices for Parasoul went through this thought process:

I am very confident in my ability to beat people who try to approach from the ground / at low air heights via s.LP, c.LP, c.LK, s.MP, c.MP, c.MK, Tearshots. I am also confident in mixing my opponents up and in resetting them consistently, so I don't really need some kind of lockdown.
What I don't like is: Parasoul's air control, as once jumping she is committed to the jump (unlike *every*! other character) and can't really maneuver around; that she needs a bit of space to get her zoning game really going (as Tearshots are "slow", and Tosses take time to set up, and Toss normals are slow); and her kinda screwy defence once the opponent is in (Unless I have 3 bars, I just got access to a downcharge move with huge deadzone that doesn't lead anything). As a bonus note, I have issues defeating armor.

So what I'm looking for in assists is a way to
1) Control Airspace
2) Gain Distance from the opponent
3) Reversal
4) Break armor by some means
[Random Note: You know what assist does all of this? Bomber. That's why it's kinda extremely cool for her. But I don't like Double. Bummer.]

Main airspace control assists are Peacock H.George, Fukua M.Shadow, as well as Shoryuken type moves, and since this is my main concern, I want to pick one of them.
- Peacock H.George controls a huge amount of space and is fast, but that's it
- Fukua M.Shadow controls the entire stage but is slow
- DPs are nice, but they only control the airspace directly in front of me and got lengthy recovery (so once baited the opponent is free to move in). However, they also function as a "defensive assist", so that's good

- So I played around with various DP assists and got to the conclusion that they don't fill the role I want them to fill in terms of airspace control. I don't want something that hits the opponent if he predictably jumps at me from up close - I can just antiair that by conventional means -, I want something that *keeps the opponent from jumping*.
- MK.Shadow is nice for the space control it gives me, but TERRIBLE to gain space with in the first place due to its lengthy startup. So first I need to gain Distance, then call it, then it controls the entire screen giving me time to set up, etc. Now, gaining distance in the first place was a *problem* of mine, that's not something I can just do. So what I'd have to do would be something like "Call distancegain assist, back off, start zoning, and use MK.Shadow in conjunction". Which would work, I think. So my last assist needs to do 2-3-4 all by itself (since MK.Shadow only does 1), which doesn't really work without Bomber/Drill. Armorbreak is the least important part, so let's just put a DP assist here. MK.Shadow+DP seems workable, though I lack the Armorbreak, and it seems kinda redundant (both control airspace by some means, when is it even a better time to call Mk.Shadow than to just wait for the opponent to move in and call DP?). But I'll keep this in mind.
- HK.George controls most of the airspace (nice!) and is fast, which means I can keep calling it 'nonstop' + Peacock is pretty safe while doing it, and it actually allows me to gain distance (I can call it at midrange + press c.MP and the opponent's approach is stopped). This sounds nice! It is also on Peacock, which means I can actually use Drill as a Distancegain/Defensive/Armorbreak assist this time around (couldn't with Mk.Shadow, as I can't run Para/Fuk/Fuk).

So, my choice fell on running Para/Pea/Fuk with HK.George and H.Drill assists.

I could also have gone "I want to run Parasoul/Peacock/X, what kinda assist helps my Parasoul the most" and would have gotten to the conclusion that I don't need L/M George cus I already control the ground nicely, s.HP same + lockdown is nice but I don't need it, and her other assists are shit, so pick H.George.

"Valentine is a cool anchor because she can make comebacks and lvl5 is a funny move" is not a reason; I can use 1:1 the same reasoning for any other character that has a lvl5.
Do you want to win or to do funny things? You can do funny things AND win; they probably won't be Val lvl5 but there is plenty of room to go fancy without losing out on all efficiency (most notably on doublesnaps, but also pretty combo routes, sickening resets, using 'different' neutral tools - hi Para s.HK!!, etc). Lvl5 will never be reliable, and unlike say Double's, Valentine's isn't even really good. Every character can make comebacks.
So what does Val anchor do better than Val point? What does Val anchor do better than <Other Character> anchor? Does HK.Bypass assist help your neutral game in a way that no other assist would? What is your thought process behind choosing Bike over Napalm Shot, beyond "There are more people who use Napalm Shot than Bike"? If you really really want to play Para+Val on your team, what causes you to run Para point + Val anchor rather than the other way round? etc.

The characters I enjoy playing in the order I prefer to play them do not meld with the assists I need on my team to make my characters viable. I've spent hours in lab working with Para/X/Val trying to fill that hole pretty fruitlessly, even with sacrificing part of what I want.
Again, why do you want that order? Even if you want to run Para+Val, and you want to run Para point cus she's your waifu, why not run Val 2nd?

And what does "hours in lab working with Para/X/Val" mean? I see you do pretty combos and stupid resets, but what's important is *NEUTRAL GAME*.
Did you try and see whether there is a Parasoul zoning pattern where she has a tear placed at mid height and does MP.Tearshot+Bypass assist call to lock out most approach angles?
Did you practice calling HK.Bypass and then reacting to whether the opponent blocks it on the ground (giving you time to set up Tear tosses) or jumps over it (and MP.Tearshotting / jumpforward j.LKing him)?
Did you check the timing for call Hk.Bypass - H.Tearshot allowing you to get a combo out of stray Tearshot hits due to the Bypass connecting right after?
Did you try and see whether there are other possible Valentine assists for you, eg c.MK has really far range and is two hits and a low, that doesn't sound that useless for a start - maybe your combos won't be as pretty but maybe your team will be better?
Etc

Are you sure it's your team that's bad and not you doing wrong things? As said, eg my Peacock is pretty bare bones but was still a huge issue for you to handle.
People called Painwheel unviable, then Taluda won a major and got 3rd at EVO, now people are saying "Painwheel is unviable, unless you play Taluda's exact team". Cough PW_Players Cough.

HBrass would do a lot of what I need.
What DO you need?

Pretty confident that Peacock is a better 2nd than Parasoul.
Much better on incoming, teleport is a rather legit way of escaping the corner, Argus one of the most damaging DHCs in the game, Lenny is a safe DHC you can actually combo after, and her tag is better.

I don't dig Liza anchor at all anymore though since DP got throw vuln; she has like the weakest defence in the cast at this point. Wouldn't want to run her without a defensive assist.

I don't play with bella at all, but are you sure the H shot is preferred over L shot assist? In general, I think L shot works better for pressure, setups, and especially crossups over H shot, and I think Bella might be one character that theoretically would take advantage of that. H shot has its place too, but I thought it was mostly with characters that I think don't synergize with L shot (I think BB is an example for this, might also be tooootally wrong on that?).
As a baseline, L Shot is better if you want a projectile to advance behind, and H Shot is better if you want to keep the opponent on their toes as well as making use of the placed tear.
Bella with H.Shot assist uses Reflect and Assistcalls in tandem to shut down the opponent's projectile game very efficiently, while getting a notable fullscreen game herself. A tear placed on the opponent - which *will* happen at some point - means she gets a bunch of time to move in, and forces the opponent to either take her on or to back off (moving into the corner); as you can't challenge an approaching Bella with the looming threat of a tear explosion sitting in your face.

L.Shot might work nicely with Bella as well, I just didn't play against it yet, so I'll defer judgement on that to other people.

As for the "being close to squiggly's face", I think its important for a para to stay near the edge of the divekick spacing, because I really like using some of para's ground to air options as a reaction when you see the squiggly jump and do something. In particular, I think sLP, cMP on close tear, and even cHP can work at the right space. Keep her close I feel, but not too close.
Bonus points for "Get below her, backdash, s.LP punish the whiffing Divekick"

(not really a secret but in general yeah, some combinations don't work as well against parasoul and in those cases solo para isn't that bad I think)
And then you meet my team and I tell you to pick up an assist :P

Charged Squigly is not Squigly. Para vs Squigly is zoning until Squigly finds a way through. Para vs Charged Squigly is as described above. I don't like this.
Para vs Squigly is GET THE FUCK IN, BECAUSE IF YOU ARE SHOOTING TEARS SHE GETS A FREE CHARGE AND YOU DO NOT WANT THAT.

I suck vs Squigly, but you can still check out what I'm doing against Woofly. Don't do things when she has Punch charge, baiting Sing SBO is *HUGE*; I don't get hit by it much anymore. Be mindful of your spacing. Act when she is in the air, as she can't Sing SBO from there. c.HP is actually a viable antiair against her. Be weary of j.HP. Don't get hit cus you die if you get hit. Hit her, cus she dies if you you land a hit. Secret trix.

♠♠♠

Bottom note -

If you want to be a unique snowflake, do you know how to achieve that? BY BEING GOOD. Anyone can pick a bad team with stupid assists and then try their best to win anyway, that is not special, that is not even really interesting.
I can play Parasoul with Bypass assist in QuickMatch and wreck 99% of people, but even if I were to get a reaction out of any of them, it wouldn't be "Wow, your unique team is such greatness", it would be "Damn, you are good! But why do you play that shit team?".
Woofly didn't become 'famous' for running Fortune s.MP assist, people recognized him because he's the best Parasoul and a top player for Fortune, Squigly, and now Eliza.. and then they facepalmed, because he runs Facepalm as his assist.
There are tons of people who run stupid things, and some of them I know (like you, or I think Stuff still runs Devil Horns?) but most of them I don't. People with the ability to get something like Top16 at EVO are rather scarce however, and I probably know most of them.
Don't try to be 'unique' by doing something anybody can (character select), do it by your playstyle, with smart decisions, via creating hype tech *which you actually use in matches*, etc. Rather than trying to figure out whether Parasoul with HK.Bypass assist is at-all viable, try to learn how to properly zone people with grounded Tear Tosses and well timed detonations - you'd be like the 2nd person in the world to do that.

G'Day.

Last edited:
I need to wake up, take my meds, eat lunch, etc I'll read the informative essay when I get back but I'll answer a question I saw in it before I do

"HBrass would do a lot of what I need.

What DO you need?"

air space control + get off me assist
I used to use battle butt, remember that?

kk bbiab

Fukua's abare makes me want to vomit

I feel it.
In what sense? That she can get a full combo off of anything, or playing at a frame disadvantage?

In what sense? That she can get a full combo off of anything, or playing at a frame disadvantage?

Her abare in beta is gone. Update: Squigly's abare makes me want to vomit

Her abare in beta is gone. Update: Squigly's abare makes me want to vomit
Again, in what sense?

I was being silly, but the serious answer is that she can pretty much capitalize off any stray hit, whether it be from herself or her assist, from almost any distance on screen. Not all the time, but enough of the time. It's not something I care enough about to think it should go or anything though, it's sort of her thing. I just hate fighting against it! That's all.

Reactions: zarkingphoton

WELCOME TO TAGS

Last edited:
Welp it's confirmed Eliza has the best tag in attack that next to Double and Bella.

Last edited:
mmmh hiatus maybe

para/double/eliza because i just need hornet bomber oh well

I am a sore player and I will troll you and sandbag if I want to :^)

Reactions: Cadenza
You know... one of these days I'm just going to just do parry and tech grabs for a full match, until I get a happy B.day lv5. That will be the day when I truly SANDBAG. all the other times was me just posing. At least you look pretty when you pose. :/

ok im still playing but i'm not longer trying to git gud, i don't really learn anything ever
my new team is: whatever i pick at character select when i feel like it??
yep thats it, this is the new strat. i'm a casual now.

@drewski @mcpeanuts @infected melon I hope you don't mind if I put our recent matches up, if you object i'll take em right now, unlisted on my channel regardless

edit: @fenster i have a 2 hour set I recorded with us, can I put it up here?

edit 2: found two older ones with drew and one with @Fizzxwizz and a solo set pea vs para with @IsaVulpes if I have permission to upload and post here, got permission from @Mr Peck to put up a short set I found of us from recently that is uploading now

MOVED TO A NEW POST HI

alright uploading/processing everything, here's what i got
vs drewski 2 times..? (i can't count shit)
vs choosegoose 2 times
vs midiman 1 time
vs isavulpes 1 time
vs mr peck 1 time
vs infected melon 1 time
vs mcpeanuts 1 time
vs fenster 1 time
vs fizzxwizz 1 time
vs an open lobby (drewski, agmago, lavenchie, choosegoose, etc IIRC)

when I have permission for them all and they're uploaded/processed, you'll find them all under the tag above or maybe i'll slip them all in a new spoiler tag in a new post, we'll see

Last edited:
Reactions: mcpeanuts
Yeah it's cool. I remember there was specifically 1 weird thing that happened that we were both like "Uh what let's look at that again in post" but I can't for the life of me remember what it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.