• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

I POSTED THAT HERE FIRST

BUT THIS IS PICTURE PROOF

GOD BEATNINJA GET WITH MUH DICK

I AM NOT A PERFECT HUMAN BEING SIR. GOD.

WHY IS MONSTER HUNTER GUY NOT PLAYABLE YET

ANNOUNCE HIM

I just got back from the Best Buy Smash thingamajig. It was pretty fun, and I got to play both the 3ds and the Wii U versions.

I'm guessing it's that stupidly powerful skill where Kirby charges up the hammer, it sets on fire, and then launches the opponent. Similar to but slower and more powerful than Dedede's hammer.

In most Kirby Games, it's the most powerful non-one-use attack in the game.
You mean Hammer Flip? That's just what happens when you charge the normal Hammer.

You mean Hammer Flip? That's just what happens when you charge the normal Hammer.
Hammer flip looks different though, with movement and stuff.
Hammer Charge sounds like it's EXACTLY like how it works in Kirby, from the input to how it prevents movement.

hammer flip is the name of the move though
trust sakurai he made kirby

Hammer flip looks different though, with movement and stuff.
Hammer Charge sounds like it's EXACTLY like how it works in Kirby, from the input to how it prevents movement.
The flaming hammer move is actually called Hammer Flip. Check a Kirby game with an in-game movelist if you don't believe me. Besides, the only thing we know for sure about the move is its name.

I would assume it's just like
a shockwave like Giga Hammer from RtD

is it me or do characters take forever to get killed and get knocked away very slow
Yeah, after the hitstun with the blast away animation, the characters look a bit like they air brake. I assume its a side effect of the physics being a compromise between Brawl and Melee's.

Come on Sparkster, last day reveal.
Never happening.

Tafokints:
Sonic, Mario, wii fit, greninja and dk definitely felt like they had potential for comboing. It'll be a matter of discovering in the lab to figure out what works

Maining Greninja, lets go.

That reddit thread is pretty interesting to look at, Tafokints especially is saying quite a lot, some of it telling. He loves the ledge regrab mechanics though it seems.

Dark Suit Samus alt looks freakin awesome
sheldon-throwing-papers-gif.gif

And no Fusion suit... Anyways, are there pictures?

EDIT: The Stream people said something big is happening tomorrow. Ridley. Tease. Hah!

Last edited:
Reactions: Hemijack
She always has. This isn't new.
Hey! Nintendo is family friendly!
She's obviously wearing super sheer granny panties
though she'll wear high waisted g-strings on special occasions
I know nothing of Kid Icarus, but I'm cool with her pulling a Grune

DK final smash is unchanged, but has a Guitar Hero style timing thing now that should make it easier.

Crap. The DKVine guys are not gonna like that.

For people that don't know, the pink thing is a Rhythm Heaven enemy. I don't try to feed into rumors, but with that leak...

Damnit. Rhythm Heaven guy and Chrom are the only two things on that leak that I don't want true.

Last edited:
Eh, in Brawl I didn't like DK's final smash because I really didn't know what I was doing. If there's a better visual indication to what's supposed to be happening I think I should warm up to it.

Well I'm talking about hate it because it represents Donkey Konga and they prefer their DK games to be platformers. Of course back then, they were pretty snobby.

EDIT: Is anyone archiving this Treehouse stuff? I mean, I had to work today so I missed most of this.

...So I hear jumping is now mapped to its own button, and you can't use the analog stick to jump...

Why.

...So I hear jumping is now mapped to its own button, and you can't use the analog stick to jump...

Why.
There's probably an option for it.
Personally though I fucking hate that pushing the stick up jumps, it makes up tilting awkward.

Reactions: Hemijack and Jutsei

Why.

Ummm...not true?

I don't use up to jump, but my friend does (or at least he used to) and he said that he was sometimes using the control stick to jump.

I assume it will be the same as Brawl, just with tap jump set to off by default.

I like this, having to constantly change it to off was annoying. I can play with it on but it annoys me.

It never bothered me personally. Just jab > During the jab animation push up > press a after jab animation finishes = Up tilt no problem.

It never bothered me personally. Just jab > During the jab animation push up > press a after jab animation finishes = Up tilt no problem.
Well, that might be a problem for te competitives because whiffing a move can be very deadly, and whiffing many moves is outright dangerous.

Plus I'm positive the jumping by button would just be an optional selection, for those who want to experiment.

Well, that might be a problem for te competitives because whiffing a move can be very deadly, and whiffing many moves is outright dangerous.

Plus I'm positive the jumping by button would just be an optional selection, for those who want to experiment.
Well, for te competitives, you can Nair > Press and hold up > Hit standing opponent with stale hitbox > Land > Press a = Up tilt.

I do it with Mario all the time because his land lag on that nair is godly good.

And no Fusion suit... Anyways, are there pictures?

Fusion suit is back, too! Well, the color, but it looks much better on Other M's sleeker armor.

And I don't know if there's pictures. It was on the stream when it was OFF camera and it was on the corner of the screen on the TV for like 5 seconds.

Because every time I want to up tilt it's worth it to add an extra 5-10 frames to uselessly jab at nothing beforehand.

Last edited:
Well I'm talking about hate it because it represents Donkey Konga and they prefer their DK games to be platformers. Of course back then, they were pretty snobby.

EDIT: Is anyone archiving this Treehouse stuff? I mean, I had to work today so I missed most of this.
Everything is on nintendo's twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/nintendo/profile/pastBroadcasts

Because every time I want to up tilt it's worth it to add an extra 5-10 frames to useless jab at nothing beforehand.
Would you rather jump and put yourself in a potentially worst situation? :P Plus, you should be easily able to predict the speed and trajectory of a falling enemy. Enough so to be able to know with 90% certainty of where they'll be in the next 30 frames. Plenty of time yeah?

Eh, I see no problem with up to jump. In Brawl, you had to smash the stick in order to jump. Probably will be the same this time around.

Would you rather jump and put yourself in a potentially worst situation? :P Plus, you should be easily able to predict the speed and trajectory of a falling enemy. Enough so to be able to know with 90% certainty of where they'll be in the next 30 frames. Plenty of time yeah?
I'm saying that adding more start-up to your up tilt is a bad thing that I would like to avoid. If you're the master at reads and are fine with handicapping yourself by only cancelling into your up tilt then that's perfectly fine, the problem is I'm not.

Eh, I see no problem with up to jump. In Brawl, you had to smash the stick in order to jump. Probably will be the same this time around.
It's not that I have a problem with it, it's that I don't personally like it. Anyone who wants to use it can use it, and I'd rather have the option there to keep them happy.

I'm saying that adding more start-up to your up tilt is a bad thing that I would like to avoid. If you're the master at reads and are fine with handicapping yourself by only cancelling into your up tilt then that's perfectly fine, the problem is I'm not.
Yeah, it's not much of a handicap though, but whatever floats your boat. Tap jumping makes aerial assault slightly easier imo, especially sharking with uairs.

Here's the roundtable with Pac-Man in vid form

No reaction to GDubs tho...

Notes:

-Mario's special load outs are shown
-Pac-Man laying on the ground is a taunt
-Pac's victory fanfare is the arcade level startup jingle (As if it would be anything else)

Last edited:
Reactions: musica and Hemijack
I love those kind of reactions. They send chills down my spine.

I'm still hoping for Simon Belmont in Smash 4, but really, could I ask for more?
WE have titans from four of the pillars of gaming.
Could anyone complain about the Third party characters at this point?

I'm liking the idea of (somewhat) customized moves for each character.

Also, Smash run looks kinda fun.