• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

So I went to a Best Buy in my area today to try out the Smash Bros demo, but after half an hour of waiting in line, the Wii U got stuck in a perpetual loading screen. The Nintendo rep reset the system, but couldn't get the game to turn back on. I waited there for another 20 minutes or so and then I left with nothing.

I'm just bummed because I didn't get to try Mega Man :(

So I went to a Best Buy in my area today to try out the Smash Bros demo, but after half an hour of waiting in line, the Wii U got stuck in a perpetual loading screen. The Nintendo rep reset the system, but couldn't get the game to turn back on. I waited there for another 20 minutes or so and then I left with nothing.

I'm just bummed because I didn't get to try Mega Man :(
That...
is fuckign dildos.
I don't know what else to say aside from how bad that sucks.
I am so sorry to hear that.

Reactions: Smilax
Why the hell is Petilil an enemy in Smash Run
548_Petilil.png

THE LITTLE GREEN BALL OF HAPPINESS?!?

Reactions: Hemijack
Petilil is secretly a monster.

once it evolves it becomes a force of destruction. Sure it's movepool isn't that great, but a glass cannon lilligant with Own Tempo, not even god can help you now. Be glad we just get petilil. why else do you think they never showed anyone attacking it. Sakurai knows..... he knows.

Reactions: musica
*Samus*
"Isn't he one of the guys from Daft Punk"

when's Guy and/or Thomas alt for Samus

tumblr_n6zol5BWyv1qfenf8o1_1280.jpg

The new Classic Controllers in Peach, Mario and Yoshi styles. NOT the rereleased GameCube controllers, but GameCube-styled ones that wire to the WiiMote.

That Mario one looks fucking gorgeous. I'm still getting the GameCube adaptor, but I might get the Mario one so I can play my Wii Virtual Console titles on my WiiU with a GC Controller.

WTF WHEN WAS THIS ANNOUNCED? NINTENDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Bought.

Can those controllers still be plugged into the Gamecube? Or is this just Wii U stuff?

classic controller
it hooks up to the wiimote

Oh. Wait. I misread that as Wii U Pro redesign. Forget that then. :(

Sanic actually changes skin color now with color alts. YAYAYYAYAYAY. (2:58)

I'm liking the idea of (somewhat) customized moves for each character.

Also, Smash run looks kinda fun.
Yeah I really love that, I hope it is quick and easy to do, because I want to play around with that particular feature a lot.

Also hope custom stages come back (well improved)

"Pic of the day. The goddess is up to bat for the Home-run Contest, a returning mini-game on the 3DS version! It's been streamlined with added features here and there, like sturdier glass and doubled speed for long hits. You can also have fun comparing your rankings for this mini-game with your Global Smash Power."
zlCfzSCdJ0QMoOMbck.jpg

Sanic actually changes skin color now with color alts. YAYAYYAYAYAY. (2:58)
If you knew that he was a hedgehog, you'd know that is his hair. The skin actually doesn't change colour at all :P

Would you prefer me talk about how I don't like Miis instead?

Apparently, the 4 colors in the demo are 4 of 9 (!!!) as sources say every character gets 3 more colors than previous games.

Please.

edit: Pikachu has Iron Tail in some of his moves now. Confirmed Ash's Pikachu.

nuimBWN.gif

GET FUKIN RECKED SON

Last edited:
If there were another character, it'd be Game and Watch.

My brother is going to bust a nut or something over that Pit figure (as well as the eventual Palutena one).

He is a really, REALLY huge fan of the Kid Icarus characters. The reaction on his face when Palutena was officially confirmed... :V

poltergust looks fucking awful hahaha

man I'm already missing the Weegee Zone

Shiek's final smash is unchanged. A shame.
Please understand that i'm not trying to be a dick or anything but you may want to watch the multiple posts in a row. Since IIRC that's against forum rules. :V

Please understand that i'm not trying to be a dick or anything but you may want to watch the multiple posts in a row. Since IIRC that's against forum rules. :V

Will do, all things will be in this post now.

• Giga Bowser is back, looks unchanged in the 3DS version.
  • Coconuts are projectiles in Tortimer Island, everything else is edible.
  • Poltergust is Luigi's FInal Smash, is a 1-hit ko command grab thing in a circular radius.
  • Beetle is a one hit KO, but if punched, it will go back to the sender and KO THEM.
  • Shiek has a new stance.
  • Shiek is male, confirmed.
  • Shiek's final smash is unchanged. A shame.
  • Ja-Ru-Do is official pernunciation for Gerudo.
  • X-Bomb does not hurt you if thrown
  • Layout of Nintendogs stage drops onto you like Tetris, does damage
  • Samus's Up B lasts a long time, and has a kick at the end that KOs easily

Last edited:
I love how people are going "BANNED" when the 3DS isn't really going to be used Competitavely. At least not like the WiiU version.

Will do, all things will be in this post now.

• Giga Bowser is back, looks unchanged in the 3DS version.
  • Coconuts are projectiles in Tortimer Island, everything else is edible.
  • Poltergust is Luigi's FInal Smash, is a 1-hit ko command grab thing in a circular radius.
  • Beetle is a one hit KO, but if punched, it will go back to the sender and KO THEM.
  • Shiek has a new stance.
  • Shiek is male, confirmed.
  • Shiek's final smash is unchanged. A shame.
  • Ja-Ru-Do is official pernunciation for Gerudo.

Oh wow, I've been pronouncing it Ger-Ru-Do all these years....

Now, I wonder how would Epona would be pronounced considering I've been mucking up the pronunciation of Gerudo all this time....

Now, I wonder how would Epona would be pronounced considering I've been mucking up the pronunciation of Gerudo all this time....

Eh - Pown - Ah

That one was said on the Hyrule Warriors stream.

And yeah, I've been pronouncing it wrong too. I think.

zelda wiki says ghe-ROO-doh
aka how I've always pronounced it
gonna stick with that

(also the japanese characters are ゲルド, which reads as ge-ru-do)

Reactions: musica and Hemijack
you sure that wasn't just them going "nah that's not anyone you know. not any princess or anything. totally a guy"

you sure that wasn't just them going "nah that's not anyone you know. not any princess or anything. totally a guy"

Nintendo rep said "totally a guy"

MALE CONFIRMED

SHIT FUCK I'M GAY FOR ALL ZELDA MALES

Edit:
WIIU SMASH BROS ON TWITCH LES GO
www.twitch.tv/nintendo

zelda wiki says ghe-ROO-doh
aka how I've always pronounced it
gonna stick with that

(also the japanese characters are ゲルド, which reads as ge-ru-do)

Yeah, that was how I initially pronounced it. All well, either way, as long as people know what others are talking about. (Like with that whole issue on how to pronounce gif). :V