• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

I'm expecting nothing of importance for today's update. If anything by not confirming ONE thing they can stretch out the "Is it real?" long enough until the Japanese release.

In reality, the POTDs are probably on a schedule of some sort, so there really wouldn't be any kind of "acknowledgement" of anything until sometime post-3DS-release

Ike...lied to us...
Y666m62.jpg

He has no friends...

>Share your Mii Fighters.
Ok, I might not be supporting of this leak, but SHARING YOUR MII FIGHTERS?
That sounds fucking radical

Consider how many times we've had character reveals based on the release dates of things, though. Dedede, Mac, Lucario, Diddy...

Gamespot has said that Nintendo has a livstream where they'll be announcing something tomorrow,
what or where they heard this from, I have no idea since I can't find any news of it elsewhere, but still...

It's the Pokemon announcement.
"Hey everyone, Sakurai here confirming Mew is a Pokeball. Have a good day." *Bows to the screen as a shadow flies across the room*

Oh

Idea

What if Ridley was actually an assist trophy and was revealed on a stage that isn't Pyrosphere?

I would love it if it's just Reggie. Sitting on a couch. looking at the viewer very sternly. And the entire thing is talking about how bad leaking is, and we then cut to a scene of a really depressed Sakurai.

There was a fake annoucement that we'd have a Smash direct this friday.
I really hope we get a direct soon, I'm jonesing for a direct

Question: Does Xenosaga have anything to do with giant Dragons or something?

Xenoblade

Xenosaga and Xenogears are unrelated to it in all but name and some of the people who worked on it

I don't know about Xenoblade specifically, but Project X Zone has taught me that Xenosaga is about robot women with giant boobs and weird looking monsters that look kinda like rock monsters that are kinda of here but kinda not at the same time.

xenosaga is about religious symbolism and Crispin Freeman is also there and he's the best character in the series

I can see it now:

Shulk's trailer will be after all others. It will show a large field, showing the complete rest of the roster in various fights and other things, you see all the weirder characters like Kirby, Villager, Greninja and so on run past all of them. The camera then cuts to Shulk's back as he looks at all of them in his perspective. The camera rotates around to his front, staring wide-eyed, he blinks a couple of times, a brief pause on Shulk, and then-SHULK HAS A BRIGHT FUTURE!

:PUN:

As the possibility of a Direct draws dimmer, I think we're getting a Smash Direct for 3DS in September, if we don't get one for August

Man, I'm totally bummed about this leak... Not that I don't really like the characters (though Dr. Mario and Dark Pit? Ugh...) but because it really must suck on a professional level to have half of your marketing campaign go down the drain like that.

I hope the leaker does indeed suffer the consequences.

Motherfucker did you just quote Brentalfloss at me

Hey sounds like a good idea to me.

"If you get the dreaded swine flu from your cousin Steve, then come see Dr. Mario!"

Man, I'm totally bummed about this leak... Not that I don't really like the characters (though Dr. Mario and Dark Pit? Ugh...) but because it really must suck on a professional level to have half of your marketing campaign go down the drain like that.

I hope the leaker does indeed suffer the consequences.
A few people on Tumblr are hoping he'll be executed by Miyamoto and Sakurai at the end of the next direct

And just for the record I didn't say I hated Brentalfloss
I'm more shocked that someone quoted him at me.

the thing that really gets me is that this motherfucker is leaking a nintendo game
NINTENDO
nintendo is a company that has some of the smoothest information flows I've ever seen.
they actually care to tell their fanbases about the fucking game rather than just expect people to buy it

then this asshole thinking that he's a big dick G with his piss-ass leak comes along like a torrential downpour of diarrhea

i hope reggie snaps his neck

and don't forget that he goes and spoils THE GOLDEN GOOSE of Nintendo.
This thing that could potentially SAVE THE WII U. and sell HUNDREDS UPON THOUSANDS of copies even on the 3DS
That's above being a dick, that's being a douchebag.
Think about it like this.
Some leaks are bad, some are ABOVE bad, some are so bad they can DELAY GAMES.
If this guy causes a delay on Smash Bros, this is not gonna be cool

I personally would love to pick Dr. Mario again. I loved him in Melee and I've always wished he would return. he just felt good. plus there's all kinds of trash talk you can do with him in doctor puns.

"bend over. these are suppositories!"
"I have a PHD, in ASS KICKING!"
"I prescribe one thorough ass whoopin!"

and don't forget that he goes and spoils THE GOLDEN GOOSE of Nintendo.
This thing that could potentially SAVE THE WII U. and sell HUNDREDS UPON THOUSANDS of copies even on the 3DS
That's above being a dick, that's being a douchebag.
Think about it like this.
Some leaks are bad, some are ABOVE bad, some are so bad they can DELAY GAMES.
If this guy causes a delay on Smash Bros, this is not gonna be cool

To be entirely fair to the impatient bastard,
he didn't spoil anything we wouldn't know by the time the WiiU version woulda come out.
Though it occurs to me that maybe we should've kept all this talk in spoilers in case someone didn't want to know anything past the starting information.

Back