• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

I voted for Ice Climbers and anyone who did not do the same can go jump off a frozen mountaintop.
We already know they wanted to but just physically couldn't so asking for it is just dumb. Unless they make it a Wii U exclusive, which won't happen, so neither will Ice Climbers. You can blame it on the 3DS.

As for me, I voted the only good and decent choice: Inkling. That seems to be the only one here I think that has a fighting chance.

guys guys
the real choice is clear
we must vote for
tumblr_nm5ikqzBKC1s27q9ro1_250.png

DARK MARTH

We already know they wanted to but just physically couldn't so asking for it is just dumb. Unless they make it a Wii U exclusive, which won't happen, so neither will Ice Climbers. You can blame it on the 3DS.

As for me, I voted the only good and decent choice: Inkling. That seems to be the only one here I think that has a fighting chance.

I refuse to stop whining until this terrible error is fixed.

And Inkling can wait for Smash 5. If I was going to ask for a non 3rd party non veteran it'd probably be Paper Mario.

ENOUGH MARIO DX Too many Mario and Pokemon characters. Get creative and indie or sensible 3rd party characters! Please.

Like Shovel Knight!
Or Quote!

Yacht Club Games is pushing Shovel Knight on their twitter, so it's not like they're against it!

this shit is going on till october
no one will survive
with all life on earth doomed
sakurai will hit the big red button
add ridley to the game
and then play as fucking palutena

XD I can get behind Shovel Knight. AND QUOTE WOULD BE AMAZING!

Given that all the Etrean Games are on Nintendo basically, and Atlus has been working closely with Nintendo lately, I could see an Etrean/SMT rep, but the only one I'd want is the Demi-Fiend XD

ENOUGH MARIO DX Too many Mario and Pokemon characters. Get creative and indie or sensible 3rd party characters! Please.

Paper Mario is big enough, different enough, and has enough games to be considered a separate franchise from Mario, like Wario, Yoshi, and DK. If I had my way he'd play nothing like Mario.

I agree, but I'm tired of Mario characters. He may be completely different, but I feel these slots should be given to a completly separate entity.

But guys
img

Further proof that we should never just believe Sakurai when he says words, because half the time he's misquoted or lying.

Diddy Kong's reign of terror will finally come to an end.

That seems far too optimistic.
Like, it'll probably hurt him, but he will still most certainly be top tier still.

Let's be real here, Paper Mario should have been in the game since Brawl. Instead, it only got its first stage in the 3DS version. Terribly underrepresented for such an amazing series.

XD

I want an advance wars something. As far as I can tell, there is no mention of it anywhere in the games. Granted I haven't played any of the Advance wars gaes, but I've heard they're good and aren't well represented.

how bout a gr8 gimick where paper marios gotta collect stickers on the battle field and thats how he gets his special moves and smash attacks ehhh?

PM64/TTYD based moveset or just leave him out. A moveset which uses a ton of his partners and abilities from those games would be perfect.

Anyone else checked Company Twitters?
I only looked at Yacht Club Games and saw they were fine with Shovel Knight being in Smash 4, and were even pushing it a little.
I'm curious to see if any other companies are shilling their characters.

ah yes this amazing series that you dont' want to acknowledge half of

I would accept some small SPM and SS representation in the form of like 1-3 moves in his moveset. For example, Thoreau would be the most logical throw for him to have. No sale if the moveset isn't primarily partner-based though.

Calling it right now Lucas is going to be a phenomenal character. Low-A/High-B tier is my guess. Around where Ness usually is, maybe a little higher.

Like, literally the only way I'd understand the Ice Climbers coming back is if they made them a complete entity. Like one is piggybacking on the other's back and they do their attacks like how they usually do.

XD

I want an advance wars something. As far as I can tell, there is no mention of it anywhere in the games. Granted I haven't played any of the Advance wars gaes, but I've heard they're good and aren't well represented.

Advance Wars had an Assist Trophy back in Brawl, and I don't remember if they made it into 4 or not.
Still, Sami's my third.

XD

I just can't imagine taking advance wars characters and making them fighters. There is the trophy that summons basic units and maybe they could add other trophy's that are various CO effects.

I refuse to stop whining until this terrible error is fixed.

And Inkling can wait for Smash 5. If I was going to ask for a non 3rd party non veteran it'd probably be Paper Mario.
So be it, but you're wasting your energy whining for ICs.

Paper Mario, however, has a fighting chance. But in all honesty, there's other more popular characters with movesets that are easier to incorporate and look cool. Economically, creatively and up-with-the-times, Inkling is the prime dlc character. The timing is just perfect.

But guys
img

Give diddy's dthrow no more than 6 frames extra of endlag to make hoo hah less god damn annoying. Also lower his aerial mobility just slightly.
Make ROB's gyro not have such a huge hitbox (currently hits an area larger than the size of the gyro itself)
Nerf bouncing fish by adding a couple startup frames (should make it more challenging to just throw out there)
Lower KBG on ZSS's upb (kills way too early. Just 20% more is all I ask)

Nothing else really blatantly sticks out to me...

Back