• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

Y'know, I really pity whoever the poor soul/s that have to read all the votes are, cause we know that a significant portion of the votes are going to be either troll submissions or IPs that Nintendo has no way to grasp.

It doesn't help that fucking Kotaku posted an article that said "Let's get Goku into Smash Bros!"
Fuck off Kotaku.

Yo i just want my girl Shantae in this game. give that girl some real love.
10044291305_9bd7c762df_b.jpg

Her Air Tilt would be amazing, you know Air Hair Whips with dat range. Of course she can crouch so she can shake that booty.
Games_ShakeItShantae.gif

Last edited:
Also Vote in the Inklings from Splatoon. They're all ready making the amiibos for em so it would make sense for Nintendo to make the amiibos work for Smash Bros.

People saying I waste my vote and then suggest non-Nintendo characters. lol.

Reactions: DDB
I also saw votes for Wreck-It Ralph.
He's such a nebulous and strange case I think he has some kind of shot, but I still think he's unlikely.

They've said themselves that they know about the ridiculous requests they get for characters when they announced the Mii Fighters last summer so I wouldn't be surprised if they have some system implemented where any submission that doesn't have a Nintendo (or 3rd Party game if they're willing to include more) game in it is automatically thrown out

ALSO

CBmuIOIUkAApyh7.jpg

More 8 player stages confirmed for the update?

They've said themselves that they know about the ridiculous requests they get for characters when they announced the Mii Fighters last summer so I wouldn't be surprised if they have some system implemented where any submission that doesn't have a Nintendo (or 3rd Party game if they're willing to include more) game in it is automatically thrown out

ALSO

CBmuIOIUkAApyh7.jpg

Nice catch!
Also, I just love MewTwo's face here, it's like

zwZa6KF.png

"What are you even doing here?"

I don't think they'll make a choice based on votes. As far as I can tell, these votes are more ideas for them to consider than actual voting for said character.

Same. Going into the Why instead of how they'd play is quite important. For example, when voting Demi-Fiend, I pointed out his connection to the upcoming game and the increase in FE popularity as well as Atlus recent foray of SMT games and games in general coming to the system. When voting Shantae later on, I put in a ton about Wayforward's work with them recently and how Shantae was a classic series that had, up to this point, been exclusively on Nintendo consoles (apart from the Risky's Revenge DX for STeam)

Basically, put reason not only from a fan perspective, but from a business as well.

Lucas confirmed for 2strong for weak super smash bros fans
the King of Nowhere shall reign eternal

Yo i just want my girl Shantae in this game. give that girl some real love.
10044291305_9bd7c762df_b.jpg

Her Air Tilt would be amazing, you know Air Hair Whips with dat range. Of course she can crouch so she can shake that booty.
Games_ShakeItShantae.gif
Yes! Please vote for Shantae. She is a perfect representative for indie games.

ALSO

CBmuIOIUkAApyh7.jpg

There was a video where Sakurai name dropped Goku and Spongebob as characters he commonly gets requests for.

My Indie Games choice is Quote.
Dude's been Caving those Stories since 2004.

Quote also has a similar look to Smash Mega Man in some of the artwork iirc and would probably fit in well.

Biggest detriment to Quote is that he uses guns. Given that they could easily make them look like the Ray Gun as necessary, it houldn't be too much trouble :D

hey you know who also has a lot of weapons
none of which include the dreaded shooty pew pews?
Shovel Knight

ALL YOU QUOTE/SHANTAE/SHOVEL KNIGHT LOSERS GOT SCREWED OUT.

ONLY NINTENDO CHARACTERS COUNT.

I know right, it's like these people didn't even play Metroid.
Ridley deserves this!

Ridley's in the game in the only way he can be
a boring one
just like Ridley

vote for Wonder Red or Takamaru people
they're unrepped nintendo franchises with large amounts of potential
and they aren't Ridley, so it works out

ALL YOU QUOTE/SHANTAE/SHOVEL KNIGHT LOSERS GOT SCREWED OUT.

ONLY NINTENDO CHARACTERS COUNT.
Was this said anywhere?
I don't think they did.
It only says to suggest Video Game characters.
All three of those are in video games.

Back