• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

The ballot, not the actual game.

Then why does the ballot say "any" video game character? They will take into consideration any character that was originally from a video game. Nintendo or not. Shantae, Shovel Knight, and Quote all have a chance of being in the game. Some more then others. From what Phil Spencer said on twitter, even Banjo has a chance of being in the game.

Spencer isn't involved in the votes or in Smash's development,
he's just saying that if Nintendo approached them about using Banjo and Kazooie in Smash 4, they'd be open for discussion.

You know what is big
But is in each and every one of us

THE POTENTIAL TO BE A TRUE HERO

VOTE WONDER RED
MAKE SMASH WONDERFUL

Also Bayonetta

Reactions: Broseidon Rex
I dont even know from where Wonder Red is

I dont even know from where Wonder Red is
You best find some shelter then sir. Or a nice, safe bunker.

That's right you better hide, CAUSE I AM GONNA
calmly inform you.

Wonder Red was the lead protagonist in the WiiU launch title, Wonderful 101, a game where a large group of sentai-like superheroes work together to form giant objects and figures to beat large opponents.
Wonder Red is a highly requested character because he's from a new IP that many regard to be of good quality, and he has the potential to have a very interesting moveset with his Unite Morphs.

Or something to that effect, I'm not the most familiar with this character or series.

That's right you better hide, CAUSE I AM GONNA
calmly inform you.

Wonder Red was the lead protagonist in the WiiU launch title, Wonderful 101, a game where a large group of sentai-like superheroes work together to form giant objects and figures to beat large opponents.
Wonder Red is a highly requested character because he's from a new IP that many regard to be of good quality, and he has the potential to have a very interesting moveset with his Unite Morphs.

Or something to that effect, I'm not the most familiar with this character or series.
That explains why i didn't know, i haven't played any console games since 3 years ago after my wii broke (well, not really broken, just that the audio cable needs a little fixing, the disc reader for wii discs doesn't work anymore, and it now has a gamecube disc stuck in it) and welp, my country has the worst inflation in the world (not just the continent, the world, confirmed in the news) so i'm more than likely not gonna be able to get any console or games for a good bunch of years till i finish college.

Being Venezuelan is suffering.

Back on topic, a friend just told me Snake is in the top 3 most voted along with Bayonetta.

Back on topic, a friend just told me Snake is in the top 3 most voted along with Bayonetta.
Ah, that'll make it easy for the third one then, seeing as how those two aren't coming.

Where are you getting that information?
As far as I know Nintendo hasn't made any public statements about who's winning.
And if it's a fan poll, the results aren't going to be exactly the same, and potentially biased towards characters that aren't actually winning from who sees them.

Might be late, but despite liking Quote, I think I'd have to go with Shovel Knight over him if choice came down to it.

Not only is he cool, but I met the development team in person last year, and they're really dedicated and enthusiastic. I think they deserve it more then anyone else in the indie crowd IMO.

You know whose voice should be heard
Shovel Knight's
HIS BOOMING VOICE OF JUSTICE
FOR SHOVELRY

Where are you getting that information?
As far as I know Nintendo hasn't made any public statements about who's winning.
And if it's a fan poll, the results aren't going to be exactly the same, and potentially biased towards characters that aren't actually winning from who sees them.
Telling you, just a friend, who i don't trust much, so yeah the info is more than likely fake.

Nintendo Wars is the last big NES-debuted series w/o a character <well, other than Glory of Heracles>, vote Andy today

Also, vote Neku, think of the music remixes that would ensue if TWEWY made it in

Yes, we need TWEWY stuff in Smash, besides Neku we need "Someday" and "One Star" in the soundtrack.

I just imagine Light complaining about fighting so many stupid and unfamiliar things again

In Dissidia she called the Warrior of Light a fairytale for those who don't know

I'd like Exdeath, best Final Fantasy villain, yes, even better than Kefka or the cliched Sephiroth.

Or if we could get a main char, it should be either Cecil, Terra or Squall.

Um excuse you but Sazh was the best villain

He's not all rainbows and sunshine you know

Reactions: Rellek
Exdeath has a 13 floors tall castle made from the corpses of his enemies, it's hard to top that.

....I should go play FFV that sounds so metal
Or is it that it sounds wooden

You know
Like tree bark

....I should go play FFV that sounds so metal
Or is it that it sounds wooden

You know
Like tree bark
It's funny because he's a tree with thousands of demon souls trapped within his body.

Yes i explained the joke huehuehuehuehuehuehuhksdjflkjsdfuejhkld

Exdeath also had the best voice and laugh in Dissidia
HUR HEH HEH

If we're going by Dissidia standars, then he is the best villain because he is the only one that stops the music and video with his EX-Burst, so yeah, he's the hero Smash Bros needs, the hero Smash Bros deserves.

Last edited:
Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
As much as I enjoy Shovel Knight, if I were to vote for an Indie, I would vote for Giana. Her and Mario finally facing off would really bring things full-circle. That's gaming's TMNT vs. Street Sharks right there.

Whens Chaos?

He's already in
He also has a sword for some reason
Not sure why the game says he's from some series called "Fire Emblem" though

Reactions: Squire Grooktook
why aren't we discussing the best bravely default party member

mrgrgr