• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

Well, a fair way to guess is to check which of these characters could have a wiiu/3ds game in development. Nintendo wouldn't wast a chance to add a fan favourite and use it as a marketing move at the same time)

All I care about is Inkling being a frontrunner.

Splatoon will take over this community. And leave it in a mess. A very colorful mess.

Meanwhile

435.gif

Wonder Yellow step it UP

no one likes Roy like AZ likes Roy
but also no one is more willing to utterly shit all over Roy like AZ is
and that's the beauty of it

So with tweaked character balancing, is anyone hoping for some needed buffs and nerfs?

I'm personally hoping for Samus buffs, a lot of her moves are weak or too wonky hitbox wise.

Last edited:
Tfw Megaman EXE has more votes than the other Megamans.

Don't get me wrong, i fucking loved the Battle Network games, even replayed some of them for a third time, but still, Megaman EXE is not even close to be the best Megaman.
The reason .EXE makes so much sense to me is how NINTENDO oriented he's been. He's had 6 main series games split into multiple versions as well as 3 decent spinoffs, an entire second series (Starforce), and for a good while, up through the DS MM games, HE WAS THE FACE of Mega Man. IMO he deserves at least some credit in Smash. Far more than the absolute nill he's getting now.

As a fighter he'd probably be a more trick-oriented version of Megaman who relies on chips for attacks and specials, or uses his specials to switch between tons of normal sets, which could be cool I guess.

EDIT: Also every appearance he's ever made, aside from Onimusha Blade Warriors, was on Nintendo consoles. For one of the big time MegaMans, that's pretty impressive. X and Classic can't say that.

The reason .EXE makes so much sense to me is how NINTENDO oriented he's been. He's had 6 main series games split into multiple versions as well as 3 decent spinoffs, an entire second series (Starforce), and for a good while, up through the DS MM games, HE WAS THE FACE of Mega Man. IMO he deserves at least some credit in Smash. Far more than the absolute nill he's getting now.

As a fighter he'd probably be a more trick-oriented version of Megaman who relies on chips for attacks and specials, or uses his specials to switch between tons of normal sets, which could be cool I guess.

EDIT: Also every appearance he's ever made, aside from Onimusha Blade Warriors, was on Nintendo consoles. For one of the big time MegaMans, that's pretty impressive. X and Classic can't say that.
Starforce is a completely different serires, the only relationship it had with EXE was that it happens in the same universe and that Lan was the one who created waves, also from that little easter egg in the first game and the letdown that was the crossover game.

Having 6 different games and 3 spinoffs means nothing when other megaman games had even more than that, and man, you would be mind blown about how BAD were the Megaman Battle Network 5 and 6 sales all thanks to the let down that was Battle Network 4, having DS versions didn't help at all, Megaman Battle Network 4 is one of the few reasons Capcom started to give up on the Megaman franchise to begin with, same with Starforce 2 which was a major let down for a lot of people, the only good thing that came out from that game was Rogue.

Also that some of EXE's popularity comes from the anime which was pretty dope, i remember watching it before even knowing it was based on the games.

Yes, you make good points, and I'm not necessarily argueing he deserves a character slot, but I'm argueing that he's had a ton of impact, quite a bit more than Starforce, Zero/ZX, and even Legends. I honestly consider him one of the big 3 Mega Mans alongside X and the classic Mega Man. Also yeah, the anime was crazy good at times.

Starfoce is the equivalent of X, I know, but I meant he was good enough to have another Mega Man series set in the same universe instead of going back to the classic universe,

Starfoce is the equivalent of X, I know, but I meant he was good enough to have another Mega Man series set in the same universe instead of going back to the classic universe,
The problem is that the plot in that universe is already done, unless new enemies come which is unlikely since at the end of Starforce 3 you fight the most powerful being in the universe (Sirious) and in the Classic timeline the plot is done too, the only hint for more games is that ridiculous, poorly tought, out of place secret ending in ZX Advent.

But yeah, EXE is one of the best known series of the franchise so it could have more representation, my only problem with that Megaman is that unlike the others he has no physical body unless you make him use one of those white Jack-In dolls from Battle Network 6, but i kind of recall Navis being unable to use chips while using those dolls to move in the real world, and without chips then welp, he can only use his buster.

So with tweaked character balancing, is anyone hoping for some needed buffs and nerfs?

I'm personally hoping for Samus buffs, a lot of her moves are weak or too wonky hitbox wise.
HOO HAH better get nerfed. also bring back luma's eight second respawn time, that was great

The problem is that the plot in that universe is already done, unless new enemies come which is unlikely since at the end of Starforce 3 you fight the most powerful being in the universe (Sirious) and in the Classic timeline the plot is done too, the only hint for more games is that ridiculous, poorly tought, out of place secret ending in ZX Advent.
I'm not saying they need another game in the universe (although a Legends equivalent would be nice :3), I'm saying it was good enough to get Starforce in the same universe.

But yeah, EXE is one of the best known series of the franchise so it could have more representation, my only problem with that Megaman is that unlike the others he has no physical body unless you make him use one of those white Jack-In dolls from Battle Network 6, but i kind of recall Navis being unable to use chips while using those dolls to move in the real world, and without chips then welp, he can only use his buster.
This is Smash we're talking, where they upsided Olimar and Rob can use the Gyro as a weapon. Pretty sure we can ignore this little fact...

Sides, a stage based on the cyberworld would be kickass and a spectacle to watch, at least imo

You know... The thought occurs to me. We're not gonna have to grind for Mewtwo's custom moves are we?

HOO HAH better get nerfed. also bring back luma's eight second respawn time, that was great
I heard the Mii Swordsman is pretty piss poor when it comes to fighting, hope they get some things buffed. And I'd love for Lucina to have just a little more damage to her. Her base damage is still a little too low for taking out the tipper mechanic.

The only nerfs I would hope for are the mostly broken ones. Like Diddy Kong's HOO HAH, and maybe a little minor nerfs on the higher tiered characters moves. Other than that it should be mostly buffs for those not as represented.

But seriously, Lucina need that tipper. Or... something soo she doesn't just look like a Marth with lesser features!

But seriously, Lucina need that tipper. Or... something soo she doesn't just look like a Marth with lesser features!
You mean like
more damage

I mean here's a damage ratio comparison between Marth and Lucina:http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/2i80q0/lucina_vs_marth_damage_i_couldnt_find_this/ and you see that Lucina is barely above non tipped Marth. If she's supposed to be for those who prefer not to use the tipper, it should be just a little more damage to compete.
tumblr_inline_nl61d2mlVp1s96hrt.png

Attachments

• upload_2015-4-6_17-22-22.png
    upload_2015-4-6_17-22-22.png
    238.1 KB · Views: 371
  • upload_2015-4-6_17-22-35.png
    upload_2015-4-6_17-22-35.png
    238.1 KB · Views: 489
How would King K. Rool even fight anyhow? That's noticeably different from all the other heavy villain characters that is.

Every time someone says hoo hah I can't help but think of this first:
tumblr_ncvy6elpk31r2mho4o1_500.gif

Just coming in to say Vote Shantae, Inkling, Wolf and ESPECIALLY KING K. ROOL!

KRool.jpg

#KrocTheVote

Vote for a no-name 3rd party, a character that will get in next time with or without the vote, a character that will probably announced at E3, and a character which hasn't been around for nearly 2 decades?

Dude, if you're going to be that strict over someone's character choices, there aren't many characters to choose from.

Like yeah, I figured people on Skullheart wouldn't need telling, but,
this is a ballot for Nintendo to determine the fanbase's wants in terms of characters, not a betting booth for you to figure out what Nintendo wants to hear.
Let people vote for who they goddamn want.

and a character which hasn't been around for nearly 2 decades?
And you're okay with Megaman????

(Also Shantae: Risky's Revenge was rated as the best DS game the year it came out, so you better recognize!)

And you're okay with Megaman????

(Also Shantae: Risky's Revenge was rated as the best DS game the year it came out, so you better recognize!)

Megaman just had 2 new mainline games on the Wii. Obviously he's not doing well but the situations aren't comparable.

As for Shantae, I'm not making a judgement on the quality. Shantae could be the best game ever but 3rd party in Smash is reserved for the biggest and most iconic names which also have an association with Nintendo. Very few third party characters can ever hope to compare to the likes of Sonic, Megaman, and Pacman in terms of fame and status, least of all ones from indies. There's a reason the selection for guest characters has been so selective thus far.

Edit: On K Rool, I do believe he has a legitimate chance with this vote, as he seems to be quite popular, is a main series villain, and is part of a series which really needs more reps, I just don't think he should be in the game because he's not relevant anymore. If there was a new DKC game which featured K Rool announced tomorrow I'd be totally fine with him at that point.

Last edited:
K. Rool was in Mario Super Sluggers for the Wii

It's not as glamorous as being in a new DKC game, but it's still proof that he ain't dead

Back