• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

mainline games on the Wii? Which are we talking?

Megaman has had a MASSIVE esposure on early consoles as well as constantly on handhelds

K. Rool was in Mario Super Sluggers for the Wii

It's not as glamorous as being in a new DKC game, but it's still proof that he ain't dead

Looking up its release, seems like he's had a 7 year absence, which isn't nearly as bad. Still though, spin-off appearances don't count for much. When he appears in another mainline DKC I'll be able to justify his hypothetical inclusion in Smash.

mainline games on the Wii? Which are we talking?

Megaman has had a MASSIVE esposure on early consoles as well as constantly on handhelds

Megaman 9 and 10.

I think K. Rool would be a perfect addition to the game I mean he has A LOT of fighting potential if you keep track of what's he's done over the years in what games.
- Very strong
- Legit he's fast srsly he's actually really fast
- He jumps really far like a whole stage (fighting wise so like, probably all of Final destination)
- Can summon hoards with weapons
- Can legitimately teleport (heh just like Bowser in 64...guess nintendo likes old teleporting baddies back then)
- Could turn invisible
- and once he's gotten empowered by a an item in one game he can fricken control the weather and summon a barrage of like meteor fireballs and crap....

Srsly and that's not even going over his weaponry choices. If I had to be honest I always saw him as a much bigger threat then Bowser in his own right. I think he more then qualifies to be in smash. Thus I do support his inclusion if given the opportunity after I cast my vote for Marina

His blunderbuss alone is a great idea for his fighting style; A projectile attack with severely-limited range but with tremendous power, great for clearing out crowds but not even Arceus can help you if it gets reflected or pocketed <well, it CAN, but not like that>

Reactions: Lunerstep
I honestly voted for Sparkster because I had done a high school project where I attempted to make a 3D model for him in smash and do all his moves. It would be cool if he was implemented as a small, aerial but heavy character that had a limited amount of bursts and rockets that once used up, would send him into a free fall where he's just flapping his arms like in Rocket Knight Adventures. He hasn't done much recently besides an ok PC game in 2011 and some cameos, but still, it would be cool to see his rocketing in this game.

Reactions: KaboomKid
K. Rool is a must, along with Snake.

What I think is that we need a proper fighter from the icy north again
wields a hammer
smacks ice around
y'all know who I'm talking about
480px-Bashmaster.jpg

MUTHAFUCKIN' BASHMASTER

ah man i don't know who to vote for. is their a poll so i could see who everyone voted for so far?
actually scratch that. What I really want is to make the character for the game(i got too many ideas for characters in my head)

I just remembered about Medusa from Uprising. It'd be cool for a legit female villian.

Honestly, it's too bad that this Smash vote is once again forcing people to pick between characters that should already be in the roster. At this point, nobody should have to defend the inclusion of characters like K. Rool, and veteran Smashers like Ice Climbers. It's also dumb that Nintendo never even bothered to switch Ganondorf's moveset over to Black Shadow after Melee either, because that's exactly who we've been playing as this whole time. Obviously Nintendo can't include every character from every game, but you'd think some choices would be no-brainers for their staff internally. It makes me wonder how much the 3DS version is holding them back right now.

At least Project M might be able to pick up some of the slack if more Nintendo franchises get ignored. They've already had Isaac queued up, and I bet their take on Sami is going to be more badass than what Ninendo's would have been anyway.

I honestly voted for Sparkster.
Y'know, I've always thought Sparkster would be a good fit for Smash. His last game had some pretty bleh visuals though, so if by some miracle Nintendo put him in, I hope they'd stick with one of his 16-bit designs. In general, I just wish Konami would get serious with that character again.

Yes but Hades is much much much much much much much much much cooler and more memorable.

But,
I need Medusa to complete my all-female Avengers AU.

What Nintendo needs to do is shorten the time for voting.

Not gonna happen. Consider how much time it actually takes to make a character, especially with the firsthand experience we've got from this fandom. They need the time to process the votes and actually plan the characters out.

Time for voting is not the same as time for developing the character.

clone sakurai
have all the clones work on characters all at once
E T E R N A L

And get one of the clones to actually play a Metroid game.
I'd like that.

let's go for 5, tbh
Samus, Zero Suit, Fusion Suit, SA-X, and Dark

Samus, Zero Suit Samus, Fusion Suit Samus, NES Samus, Justin Bailey Samus, Young Samus, Galactic Federation Samus, Prime Samus, a Samus amiibo, Original Samus, 4-Koma Samus, Dark Samus, the SA-X, and Anthony Higgs.

Samus, Zero Suit Samus, Fusion Suit Samus, NES Samus, Justin Bailey Samus, Young Samus, Galactic Federation Samus, Prime Samus, a Samus amiibo, Original Samus, 4-Koma Samus, Dark Samus, the SA-X, and Anthony Higgs.

You bought me with Anthony Higgs

I forgot to check this thread one time and skullheart decided to unsubscribe so I missed like 20 pages, but let me just formally say that I endorse Simon Belmont for smash 4 dlc.

He's not gonna win, but at least I stuck with him the whole way through.

I'd support Simon Belmont if it didn't mean supporting Konami. After both the Skullgirls fiasco and the whole thing with Kojima I'm very hesitant to support them in anything.

well
you know
people support mega man in smash
and he's Capcom
i hope he doesn't stay and one day finds a happy home at nintendo
but you know
he's still w/ a poopstick atm

And get one of the clones to actually play a Metroid game.
I'd like that.
You know there'd probably be more choices for a Metroid Rep. if Metroid could get a game where Samus actually does bounty hunting, wouldn't there? That'd be a good chance for more memorable Metroid characters.

You know there'd probably be more choices for a Metroid Rep. if Metroid could get a game where Samus actually does bounty hunting, wouldn't there? That'd be a good chance for more memorable Metroid characters.
I'm pretty sure she got paid for some of the deeds she did in some of the games, like Super Metroid, Metroid 2 or the Prime games, if she's getting money out of it then that still counts as bounty hunting.

I'm pretty sure she got paid for some of the deeds she did in some of the games, like Super Metroid, Metroid 2 or the Prime games, if she's getting money out of it then that still counts as bounty hunting.
Yeah, I guess. I was thinking of focused directly around bounty hunting, you know? Going to planets specifically for bounties, fighting some large monsters across the way, finding some secrets, fight some all-around baddies, the works. I guess a less overall plot kind of game?

So essentially Borderlands 1 with Samus. I'd be so down with that.

So essentially Borderlands 1 with Samus. I'd be so down with that.
Plus the planet hopping style of Ratchet and Clank.

What I'd really love is for a person to be directly giving you the bounties in the pub, and the last bounty you receive (Because maybe all the other bounties are randomized, and all the areas to them have secrets that are unlocked via weapons in other areas ala Megaman) is set to him. And there's the awkward silence before he runs out the door and you chase him. Simple things like that I think can make a character pretty memorable.

Reactions: Ktulu
Also Amiibo support where if you get the Samus amiibo you get the special "dual arm cannon" weapon.