• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

Villager's entire thing is screwing with people.

He is mine, nobody else's.

Reactions: Rellek
for better (not having anything SPM)
What the fuck did you just fucking say to me, bitch?

"This game just looks... eh. It makes me want to break out my copy of Smash Bros Melee"

Fucking twitch chat.

bart-strangle-gif.gif

What the fuck did you just fucking say to me, bitch?
oh you know
Super Paper Mario is a shitty game and all that
nothing new from old "bad opinions" ruin.

It's Smash. A large part of what made Brawl popular was to spite all of the people telling others not to like it.
Or maybe it was because it was a smash bros game, and 99.9% of the people who play it either don't know or don't care about competitive melee.

oh you know
Super Paper Mario is a shitty game and all that
nothing new from old "bad opinions" ruin.
BUT
DIMENTIO

So I got 2 absolutely stupid questions to ask. I keep hearing people talk about moves with lag in this game, is it the same as recovery frames, or something else. Also, I hear some people talk about using the c stick in smash, but whenever i use the c stick, it does nothing, so I don't know. If one of you guys could fill me in, that'd be swanky

Sounds like Fox has a new voice, maybe?

Yeah, sounds bleurgh.

Edit: LITTLE MAC KIRBY. MY SIDES MUST GO NOW, THEIR PLANET NEEDS THEM.

So I got 2 absolutely stupid questions to ask. I keep hearing people talk about moves with lag in this game, is it the same as recovery frames, or something else. Also, I hear some people talk about using the c stick in smash, but whenever i use the c stick, it does nothing, so I don't know. If one of you guys could fill me in, that'd be swanky
When people talk about lag they probably mean landing lag. Essentially this means if you use an air attack and land in the middle of it you will get some recovery frames landing. In 64 and melee you could stop the lag by pressing Z or L respectively just before landing which made combos much easier.
The c stick can be used as an alternative to smash attacking normally in melee and brawl.

Is a shitty Kefka ripoff with the worst final form ever.
If dimentio is a kefka ripoff kefka is a ripoff of the concept of being a jester.

When people talk about lag they probably mean landing lag. Essentially this means if you use an air attack and land in the middle of it you will get some recovery frames landing. In 64 and melee you could stop the lag by pressing Z or L respectively just before landing which made combos much easier.
The c stick can be used as an alternative to smash attacking normally in melee and brawl.

Thanks horse guy. I guess the c stick is a kind of option to toggle in controls then

Sounds like Fox has a new voice, maybe?

His new voice makes me cringe everytime i hear him, nothing i can really do so i'll adjust though.

If dimentio is a kefka ripoff kefka is a ripoff of the concept of being a jester.
well I guess he isn't a complete ripoff
Kefka at least has a backstory to explain why he's completely insane.
Dimentio is just a "lol i troll everyone" bad guy. What a shitty villain.

Ladies, ladies, please.

And yet people love Joker. (Not that I know his backstory at all.)

So, anyone got a picture of Kirby's Mac Hat? I couldn't find it on Google.

Not exactly difficult to believe that people can be violently insane...
Dimentio has a (heavily implied) backstory, but it doesn't explain why he's crazy.

Now that E3 is (almost) over, think we'll be getting any more big reveals before release? Right now it doesn't feel likely to me.

Every time, every FUCKING time someone brings up Super Paper Mario there's this argument.

God damn.

Now that E3 is (almost) over, think we'll be getting any more big reveals before release? Right now it doesn't feel likely to me.
I say wait until Tokyo Game Show. Nintendo is a Japanese company, remember.

a japanese company with an infinitely more prevalent western fanbase
why else would be get puns in the our smash bros intros when japan just gets "joins the battle"

Reactions: Lavama
Wow, the deluxe set with Nintendo Land? That's a pretty good deal.

Wish I had money...

Good news for those who don't own a Wii U, Nintendo sells refurbished ones online for 200 instead of the average 300 retail price: https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/us/po/browse/productDetailColorSizePicker.jsp?productId=prod150200
Wow, that's a really good deal!

I would normally be uncertain about buying a used console from online, but Nintendo themselves are not going to sell a broken Wii U. I am a heck of a lot more willing to consider buying a used Wii U at $200 than a new one at $300.

Thanks a bunch for posting that!

Edit: And it comes with a 1 year warranty! Yes!

Last edited:
Little Mac Kirby is my favorite, all of them look really great. I'm bummed out that Kirby only gets Rosalina's crown though.