• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

Make that Toon Zelda/Tetra and we've got a deal.
Only Tetra, really.
AS someone on Smash Boards pointed out, Tetra never willingly became Zelda. It was forced on her by the King, and she never went back to being Zelda in Phantom Hourglass.

Only Tetra, really.
AS someone on Smash Boards pointed out, Tetra never willingly became Zelda. It was forced on her by the King, and she never went back to being Zelda in Phantom Hourglass.
That's...a good point actually.

Last edited:
Only if I get Paper Mario, Paper Luigi, and Doopliss.
First we need a Paper Luigi game based off his adventures in Thousand Year Door.

If I could like these infinite times, I WOULD SO HARD! Omg please I would absolutely kill for this. (Paper Mario is my favourite N64 game EVER)

Only Tetra, really.
Sheik never play with string or had so many throwing darts things in Ocarina of time, Ness and Lucas can't actually use any attacks they can use in the series (save for PK Love and Flash). Also im pretty sure that it was in brawl's original data to have Tetra and Zelda be transformable

Sheik never play with string or had so many throwing darts things in Ocarina of time, Ness and Lucas can't actually use any attacks they can use in the series (save for PK Love and Flash). Also im pretty sure that it was in brawl's original data to have Tetra and Zelda be transformable
It still wouldn't really fit Tetra, like at all.

i dont think that matters, Lucas and Ness are fun characters but their attacks dont fit them at all

If they throw in Geno I'll give them my next paycheck.

someone mail this to nintendo. Fangasm across the world + Zeriam's paycheck is worth the effort

Pretty much, and once more, the bright colors suit him more here!

We could probably see a better palette because in order for things to look good in this version you need to make things go towards more basic colours. I expect to see and ACTUAL green sonic and an ACTUAL red sonic (Like Jet and Knuckles colours)

Unless Knuckles gets a spot ;P

They should throw in Mallo from Pushmo.... because we need a popular eShop character too......

Mewtwo mega-evolution form as a playable character revealed by the end of October. I'm calling it.

Either Pushmo, or Dylan from Rolling Western
Dylan could probably work alright as a sonic clone/alternate costume honestly. That would be great.
Pushmo main character with a name that no one cares about could make an amazing assist trophy. Suddenly the background is all blocks, and he starts pulling and pushing them to finish a level. The way the blocks are formed could be different depending on the stage, or random.

By the way, I know this isn't happening, but what if they structured assist trophies like Jump Ultimate Stars or something? It would be awesome. Also final smashes linked to meters rather than floating balls. Also a sequel to kirby's air ride. I know you can do it Sakurai, I believe in you.

I highly doubt there will be FS meters in Smash. Wouldn't be surprised if Sakurai sees super meters as needlessly complicating things.

That was my list of things that will never happen but would still be cool.
Of course, assist calls have even less chance of happening, no matter how much I wish assist trophies and final smashes weren't banned from competitive play for being so luck based. I don't know why Sakurai insists on smash bros being the mario kart of fighting games.

They could always have an option to put preset assist trophies, like how they'll (hopefully) do with stage hazards and did with items. Like Mario gets the hammer bros., Sonic gets Shadow, or you could determine yourself?

They could always have an option to put preset assist trophies, like how they'll (hopefully) do with stage hazards and did with items. Like Mario gets the hammer bros., Sonic gets Shadow, or you could determine yourself?
No, just forego the item all together. Allow each person to choose an assist before the match and assign a button or command to call it out, probably at some cost unless they balance the whole system around it.

I'd rather it be assist trophies.

Also, anyway.
Did anyone notice we had some SHORT footage of all the new stages shown so far in the Sonic trailer?
Pilotwings looks AMAZING so far

No, just forego the item all together. Allow each person to choose an assist before the match and assign a button or command to call it out, probably at some cost unless they balance the whole system around it.

Terrible idea. Just keep assist trophies. It would ruin the spirit of Smash by doing something like that.

I'd rather it be assist trophies.

Also, anyway.
Did anyone notice we had some SHORT footage of all the new stages shown so far in the Sonic trailer?
Pilotwings looks AMAZING so far

I agree! The planes aren't as bad as everyone thought it would be. I noticed that the wings are passive floors (Can fall through by pressing down) so that's cool I guess. And the new sonic stage looks like a terrible stage for anyone other than sonic :P

Really, the other two stages (Pikmin, and Pyrosphere) were pretty too, but Pilotwings, man.
That caught my eye so much.
And I loved how the plane was passing through a ring.

Loving the new stage footage. Pilotwings looking as epic as ever. As long as we get the inevitable Mario Galaxy stage, I will be satisfied. I still wish the Spirit Train was a console stage. I've wanted that since Brawl. Imagine how amazing that would look with HD graphics! Maybe a DKCR Mine Train level will happen in place of it (I want to battle on a moving train!). I can't wait for the music this time around. But I also wish the Flat Zones got some Game and Watch Gallery music (if there is a Flat Zone 3). The only character I am seriously campaigning for and will be disappointed if she isn't in, is Palutena. Still hoping on Zero Suit Samus returning. She was one of my mains. Otherwise, maybe a non-sword-only female from Fire Emblem (like Anna, Micaiah or Tharja), Lip, Ashley/Mona, Issac, Kumatora, and Sami from Advanced Wars would be neat to see as well, but highly unlikely.

daily64.jpg

DAMN IT SLIPPY THE NEXT TIME I HAVE TO SAVE YOUR ASS I'M GONNA BE THE ONE SHOOTING YOU DOWN!

That picture is actually incredibly fitting given what ScrewAttack has planned for Fox: http://www.screwattack.com/news/death-battle-predictions-fox-mccloud-vs-bucky-o’hare

But in all seriousness, the way they've modeled Fox's teeth scares me.

"In the original Star Fox canon Fox had his legs amputated and replaced with Metal Prosthetics, in order to keep the blood flow in his brain steady while he was under heavy G-Forces."

Being a Starfox fan for basically my entire life, I am ashamed to say I didn't know that until right now.

But HOLY DALMATIONS that makes me love it more! Fuck yeah!

Being a Starfox fan for basically my entire life, I am ashamed to say I didn't know that until right now.

But HOLY DALMATIONS that makes me love it more! Fuck yeah!

I never really liked that idea though. The franchise was already unrealistic what with the forest animals in space ships premise, did they really need to come up with an explanation as to why Fox & co. weren't suffering from G-Forces? Not to mention, isn't that the purpose of the G-Diffuser units the Arwings were equipped with?

I never really liked that idea though. The franchise was already unrealistic what with the forest animals in space ships premise, did they really need to come up with an explanation as to why Fox & co. weren't suffering from G-Forces? Not to mention, isn't that the purpose of the G-Diffuser units the Arwings were equipped with?

Well let's take into account that Arwings are specifically a Team Starfox vessel. Currently, those could be the only space fighters that have anything like a G-diffuser system. Therefore, while Fox was in pilot training, those ships may have not had the G-diffuser system and so the animals suffered through normal pilot Gs.

Back