• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

Bayonetta had as much chance of Ridley getting in, tbh.

I haden't checked any updates for this game for a few weeks.
It's pretty frustrating I'm like at least 100% less excited for this game now than I was 4 months ago.

Last edited:
Stuff from the leaker
On Bowser Jr's moveset
Rides the Clown Copter, a little bit like Mordok from MvsC3, although he still grabs onto the ledge. Face on the copter frowns when hit. Has:

-Cannon Ball.

-Extendable boxing gloves.

-Licks his enemies.

-Drops mini toy bowsers.

Shulk's
Up-smash: Plants Monado on the ground and turns it on.

Side-smash: A stab.

Down-smash: A clockwise spin close to the ground.

Up-tilt: Upwards swing like Lucina's.

Down-air: Like Link's.

Up-B: Like Marth's.

Down-B: Counter-like.

Neutral-B: Changes between those kanjis from Xenoblade. Red puts glow on Shulk's hand, Blue on his feet.

On the notion of there being more characters left to unlock
Yup, I can attest to that.

Am I the only one who is disappointed, less in the characters themselves, but more that someone actually managed to leak these in general. Smash 4, with the heavy exception of Palutena, had been doing a really good job of hiding everything and drip feeding us information like with Brawl, and now we've got this bombshell.

Man, Sakurai is gonna be piiiiiissed.

Aaaand here comes everybody's leak withdrawal

You know, where it goes like this
  • Wow, this is real!
  • Wow, I don't like this
  • I hate this game, it's BRAWL 2.0 BLAH BLEH BLAH
  • PREORDERS ARE CANCELLED
  • I'm slightly warming up but still mad
  • I'm okay
  • Mild excitement
And maybe it may end in more excitement or hype back up

Reactions: CountofBleck
Duck Hunt actually makes me kinda excited now.

Like, seriously. There's ROB-like untapped potential.

Also I'm seeing a lot of people being like "well, looks like ROB is back in sadly" and I'm thinking like fuck you ROB was one of my favorite additions to Brawl.

Is there at least a chance it's a fake that's using project M.
Look at the DETAIL of the animations on Bowser Jr. Look at his car's face. There's no way someone could do that unless they're a professional animator.

Reactions: Cawtime and DDB
And he had some damn EYE LASERS.

I was really hoping that the leaked roster was fake, but this new footage is convincing. I really expected more than Bowser Jr, Dr. Mario, and Dark Pit.

That being said, I'm totally hyped for Duck Hunt.

Reactions: Cawtime
Remember though, the leaker said this isn't the full roster. So who knows.

And for the few who are really in denial about it, all we need is one more character confirmation and we're golden.

Oh and hey, the Challenger Approaching banner is gone from the Smash site. Shouldn't be long now.

Reactions: DDB
Oh and hey, the Challenger Approaching banner is gone from the Smash site. Shouldn't be long now.
Yeah, the new challenger probably went back home after he saw Bowser Jr. confirmed.

Ness isn't gonna let anything hold back his big day.

Reactions: Rellek
Up-B: Like Marth's.

Down-B: Counter-like.

Neutral-B: Changes between those kanjis from Xenoblade. Red puts glow on Shulk's hand, Blue on his feet.

Okay Up Special is most likley Air Slash but Down Special is a counter? He doesn't even have a move that does that in Xenoblade! The closest I can think of is Shadow Eye and that reduces enemy Aggro!

Also the Neutral Special mechanic is too gimmicky. God my most wanted character and Sakurai can't even make him a straight forward one.

His moveset already wrote itself to begin with:

Neutral: Monado Shield or Monado Eater.
Forward: Monado Purge
Up: Monado Speed
Down: Monado Cyclone

Final Smash: Monado Buster

Wow. That hard Sakurai?

Duck Hunt actually makes me kinda excited now.

Well that dog is more of a fighter than most people think:

bowser jr the the clown car can fly
no wonder you're such a disappointment you can't even use it right

but it's always been able to fly
HE'S FLOWN IN IT
and now he's just not for some reason

sakurai i don't think you take this job seriously enough

I still kind of hope that's all extreme mods of brawl because of how awesome a troll that would turn out to be if it is.

tumblr_inline_navdq3gJXK1s2c7j8.png

Main menu? Probs past the "Smash" button.

super_smash_bros_3ds_main_menu_1.jpg

Hey if this is real (which it probably isn't), you can at least have a Luffy Mii that's a complete set

Dudebro

I'm sorry

But you are in TOTAL denial.

Look at all these screens and videos. It's real. No one would go to THIS much trouble for a fake.

I'm just begrudgingly accepting it so I can make sarcastic comments

(also why do shulk's animations look so bad. Xenoblade had good animation, soccer guy. don't dishonor the sacrifices it made like that)

HOW WOULD DARK PIT EVEN WORK

DOES HE KICK PINK ANNIE IN THE DICK AND STEAL HER TRIDENT?

CAPS LOCK IS FUN

WooooooohohohoHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLY SHIT! I am SO gonna rub it in everyone's faces. Good god I TOLD YOU SO! Jesus...

Anyways, I'm SUPER FUCKING HYPED for Bowser Jr. Now man... HOLY FUCK! And you forgot to add in that his Up-b includes him ejecting from the clown car sending him upwards while the car explodes below him. It'll likely do damage.

he plays like Pit except angrier

you see we implemented this so that we could include the character as opposed to just making him an alt costume
coincidentally, sonic has a Shadow the Hedgehog alt, we even got Shadow's voice actor to do the voice clips!

Ninten confirmed???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Well fuck. Fuck fuck fuck. So much for #teamnocuts, 4 fucking characters got cut. And if they are in the game somehow, they're locked behind a paywall. Nintendo has finally gone the way of EA, it is truly a sad day for all Nintendo fans.

At the very least, we got Shulk. But no Ice Climbers really makes this roster bittersweet. Another reason to stick to Melee/Project M I suppose.

I still think it's fake
This could have easily made within a week.
Though it does look nice, I still don't buy it.
Call me delusional if you want, but I'm still on Team Fake.

No, there's pictures floating around of Tharja and Candy Kong trophies now, AKA things that the ESRB would actually need to be shown. It's real. I'm very displeased with this leak, but saying it's fake at this point is just putting your hands over your ears and screaming.

Reactions: DDB