• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

You guys realize that there's still like,
92% of a game left that hasn't been leaked.
Like, Sakurai could still reveal items, stages, trophies, custom moves, costumes, songs, and WiiU exclusive content that we've never seen before.

You guys realize that there's still like,
92% of a game left that hasn't been leaked.
Like, Sakurai could still reveal items, stages, trophies, custom moves, costumes, songs, and WiiU exclusive content that we've never seen before.
Yeah. Doesn't mean we still can't flip out over a ruined dream.

So... Lucas, Ice Climbers, Wolf, Snake...

I highly doubt that part of the leak was even real, Nintendo doesn't pull that garbage on its fans. It isn't over just yet.

That's what I was thinking. The DLC is probably fake. No more of those 4 characters, which is why it's over.

Reactions: Rellek
tumblr_nax1z06XhP1sxpdnko2_1280.png

Dark Link / Emo Zelda confirmed

tumblr_nax1z06XhP1sxpdnko2_1280.png

Dark Link / Emo Zelda confirmed

I thought they were slashed from the game. Turns out I'm only half right.

Naw, I think we're getting 8 alts for all characters.

Link so far has:
  • Green
  • Red
  • Lavander
  • Blue
  • Skyloft
  • Dark Link
That leaves two more.

We need the return of Creamsicle Orange Link.

Boney alt plz

Reactions: Smilax
Naw, I think we're getting 8 alts for all characters.

Link so far has:
  • Green
  • Red
  • Lavander
  • Blue
  • Skyloft
  • Dark Link
That leaves two more.
You can likely expect Gold Link to return. As for the last one, I pray for a pink hair Link.

wouldn't toon link be the one to get pink hair though
Which is why I'm prayin' for it. We could always just get a brown haired, pale green tunic Link. I have a mod for that in Brawl and it looks pretty stylish.

Tips, huh?
Kid Icarus Uprising had that too in "How to Play", it was basically a 12 minute long tutorial with some funny moments.
Thoguh sadly I don't think we'll get that.
It could likely be one of those archives where you encounter various techniques in your normal battles and as soon as anyone performs them (Even on accident) the tutorial for it will be unlocked and put into tips.

At least, that would be cool...

I just fucking read that and was gonna post it.

Talk about HYPE!

It'd be nice if, like how Melee's Adventure Mode and All-Star trophies talked about their Smash movesets, if the Tips section had like little tutorial screens for each character individually, and then you get more for each character you unlock. Things like "Hey, if Villager Pockets an item, he can pick up another one for double the help" or "don't just spam Robin's specials and Smashes like you would any other character, you need options for when one of your specials runs out of juice."

Was this posted? This is the first time I'm seeing it.

tumblr_inline_naxj3f1P8C1s2c7j8.jpg

I like the implication that it's Pikachu giving you these tips.
"Man, this Wii Fit Trainer is really kicking my ass, how do I beat her?"
"Pika, pika pikapi chu pika chu chu pikachu chu piki pipipika chu ka pikachu chu pikachu chu."

Kinda looking forward to the possibility of Smash Bros DLC since Mario Kart 8's doing it so awesome.
Mario Kart 8 FELT like an incomplete game thoguh. There was quite a bit missing AND hidden space on the disk to transplant future dlc.

It could very well happen with Sm4sh, however, Sakurai looks to be putting his all into this one.

Yeah, and it's clear Nintendo's putting a lot of hope on Smash 4, I wouldn't be surprised if they did a lot in their power to extend it's life as much as possible to make it a very attractive purchase.

I like the implication that it's Pikachu giving you these tips.
"Man, this Wii Fit Trainer is really kicking my ass, how do I beat her?"
"Pika, pika pikapi chu pika chu chu pikachu chu piki pipipika chu ka pikachu chu pikachu chu."
Plot twist: It's really Detective Pikachu

Come to think of it why didn't they just use that for Cosplay Pikachu's smart costume?

Come to think of it why didn't they just use that for Cosplay Pikachu's smart costume?
Right? I woulda died laughing if it had a design anywhere near this level of awesomeness:
Paper_Pennington_by_waterelemental.jpg

Reactions: Hemijack

Have the Pikachu cosplays be alts in smash. Or better yet, have Pichu and Raichu alts for Pikachu. There is so much potential for alt costumes that will probably go untapped. Like how Luigi probably still doesn't have a Mr. L alt.

New results screen incoming in PM 3.5!

http://imgur.com/a/KhvS4

7L4OCps.png

Why? It looks awful.

Anyone else think that the Villager that is appearing in MK8

10991122-1409070673-879396.jpg

(which coincidentally is one of the defaults from New Leaf and who has a female counterpart)

PlayerNL.png

Will most likely be an alt in Smash 4? We only know 4 of his costumes, leaving 4 more (2 male, 2 female most likely), and this one's cool cause of the Nintendo shirt being a Nintendo celebration game and all.

Reactions: Hemijack and Rellek
Favorite Reddit comment:
"Bowser may be Dry, but I am wet..."

Also did we talk about the eight colors for Shy Guy and Yoshi if you purchase both of the packs?

EDIT: Whoops, wrong thread

Last edited:
There seems to be some more pictures from that infamous leaker, some of them have been already posted, the rest seem new. Just make sure to spoiler anything important regarding the pictures. However if you don't want anything else spoiled for you don't click on the link.