• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

Alright.
Alright.
Guys,
from this point forward,
anything not in that roster screenshot,
is spoilered.
Got it?

qrOBIaf.png

This was in the Smash 4 advertisement.

Ganondorf leaked.

also gameboy stage confirmed if you were one of the idiots who thought it was something else
Wi4J7vT.gif

Lol that was in an advertisement? Leaking characters like that? lol Nintendo.

yeah who'd have thought that anything from a smash bros game would be leaked

That's still sloppy.
I mean come on Nintendo, you could've edited that out, I could've edited that out.
You can't stop caring after all this time just because of one leaker, Nintendo.

To be fair, it appears in for literally 3 frames on in the corner.

It's TINY.
Then that's just Nintendo underestimating just how far fans are willing to go to get every little detail.

Reactions: Jake Was Here
When there are street dates broken, then that is when you start spoilering everything.

Yeah, THEN you can go spoiler mad.

I also still think that the Wii U version will have more characters, which will be DLC for the 3DS version.
It's possible, but hey who knows.
Shulk at least looks neat

I hope you're right. We still don't know if that pink stage in the 3DS version is a Rhythm Heaven stage yet or not for sure and I think there might still be one stage left to unlock in that leaked video. Plus I wanna put those "the entire roster isn't unlocked yet" rumors to bed.

I pray that Wolf, Mewtwo and the Ice Climbers are still in and that we get K. Rool and maybe Isaac as DLC. But everyone else in the line-up is actually pretty solid. (Well except Falco, Jigglypuff, Dr. Mario and Toon Link. Don't hate me for being honest)

EDIT:

Has a side b? Aerial Down A? that has projectile invincibility and is a sort of ground pound

Considering what you're talking about is Back Slash, one of the first moves he gets, (Does double damage when behind enemies and it seems that's true for Smash as well) it's most likely his Side Special and seems to work in the same fashion as Little Mac's.

I'm hoping some of his other Monado based moves make it in as variations. Monado Purge could be used as a Side Special that shoots a sword beam type move. Monado Cyclone could be a variation on his counter, ect.
43boO6.jpg

Why the fuck is Wario a hidden character this time? Well at least Shulk's available from the start, which is good because I want to play as him right out the gate.

Last edited:
Okay, here's an idea for Shulk's final Smash. In the trailer they only showed Dunban and Riki alongside Shulk performing a Chain Attack, which makes sense because you can only have 3 party members at once in Xenoblade, but what if for each costume you choose the party members that join in the chain attack changed?

Default: Riki/Dunban
Color 2: Reyn/Sharla
Color 3: Sharla/Dunban
Color 4: Dunban/Melia
Color 5: Melia/Riki
Color 6: Riki/Reyn
Color 7: Reyn/Dunban
Color 8: Sharla/Melia

Something like that. Or alternatively the assists in the final smash could be completely random. Really I just really want to see Melia in in some capacity.

If there's some other party member don't tell me, I haven't finished Xenoblade yet

Reactions: Jutsei
Like I said, a guy on Smash Boards had a really good analysis on how that could be possible, and I'm willing to believe it. Especailly since there will be a month or two gap between the Wii U and 3DS versions.

plus, earlier I was thinking about the Trophy Theory again
PSuedo Palutena was Palutena
Tiki was Robin/Lucina

That leaves King Kihunter, and Fi
So I stopped to think about it.
What if Palutena and Robin/Lucina were Smash Bros 3DS newcomers (as in, we get word of them first since both Uprising and Awakening came out on the 3DS), and whoever the last two trophies are (if this still flies) will be shown much later as Wii U characters first, then 3DS DLC?
A bit of a stretch, I know, but Metroid's last few games were on consoles, and Zelda's been known to have great games on console as well.

I am admittedly overanalyzing a bit though

I'm honestly still lost on why you're so sure there'll be DLC in the first place.

Here's something for observation's sake: With Shulk being official, the roster count's finally broken into the 40s.

Fun fact, I googled this guy,
his new little user title says "...in a row?" and links back to this post.
Least he has a sense of humor about it.

On gaf the mods give and take tags. He didn't have a choice in the matter.

On gaf the mods give and take tags. He didn't have a choice in the matter.

Really?
That's fucking weird.
Least the mods have a sense of humor about it, then.

It looks like Shulk is going to be a pretty good contender in Smash Run, what with all those special changes of his.

All of them. Oh wait.

Mario and Link because you kinda have to. And, uh, I dunno. It's your choice bro.

Like I said, a guy on Smash Boards had a really good analysis on how that could be possible, and I'm willing to believe it. Especailly since there will be a month or two gap between the Wii U and 3DS versions.

plus, earlier I was thinking about the Trophy Theory again
PSuedo Palutena was Palutena
Tiki was Robin/Lucina

That leaves King Kihunter, and Fi
So I stopped to think about it.
What if Palutena and Robin/Lucina were Smash Bros 3DS newcomers (as in, we get word of them first since both Uprising and Awakening came out on the 3DS), and whoever the last two trophies are (if this still flies) will be shown much later as Wii U characters first, then 3DS DLC?
A bit of a stretch, I know, but Metroid's last few games were on consoles, and Zelda's been known to have great games on console as well.

I am admittedly overanalyzing a bit though
Or perhaps you're simply overlooking what's right in front of you. A Metroid rep (ZSS) and a Zelda rep (Sheik) were announced in the very same direct. Now that Palutena and Robin are announced, you can put that damn trophy quiz thing to rest.

Regardless, they were shown during the same presentation and therefore count to your dumb theory. I'm afraid Ridley is just a stage hazard my friend.

They say life is an act of letting go... Letting go now will prevent your tears later.

Yes, Madoka Magica is my favorite anime.

But yes, I'm fine with this roster at the moment.
Kinda waiting for whatever that last trailer might be.
In fact I'm not sure we're getting a Smash Direct now, especially given the wealth of information we got this time

Reactions: TailsWorld1