• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

I don't get it. Is everyone just joking and I'm on the outside or what? It doesn't look remotely scary?

If you're the kind of guy who only thinks jumpscares or blood or something are scary, then yea I can understand how you wouldn't get it. It's not "scary" per se, just creepy and intimidating.

Like, no one will have nightmares over this, but people will say "holy shit" when they see it.

I don't think jump scares are scary, just startling, if there is a proper buildup/bait or something I guess you could call jump scares scary, but no I don't like jump scares for the sake of it.

I didn't know you were actually playing mini games during it, so that would probably make the whole thing more tense, I guess, but I haven't played it so I can't tell.

I don't like jumpscares.
Because I jump way too easily, like I can just be sitting and thinking about something and if someone says my name too fast I'll jump.
So whenever a game or movie does a jumpscare I feel like I'm getting made fun of.
Because everyone ALWAYS laughs when I jump.
But that's kinda a personal thing and REALLY off-topic.

I don't like jumpscares.
Because I jump way too easily, like I can just be sitting and thinking about something and if someone says my name too fast I'll jump.
So whenever a game or movie does a jumpscare I feel like I'm getting made fun of.
Because everyone ALWAYS laughs when I jump.
But that's kinda a personal thing and REALLY off-topic.
I bet you didn't like how Snake jumped out of those boxes.

Do you think I can still pre-order this game? Or am I SOL?

I bet you didn't like how Snake jumped out of those boxes.

Real talk-
I was playing Rising yesterday and honest to God the little SHWING with the exclamation point made me jump.
I've heard the noise dozens of times, but one time I wasn't fully expecting it and it freaked me out.
I'm
very jumpy.

Do you think I can still pre-order this game? Or am I SOL?

Totally for the WiiU version.
Apparently Amazon's still doing pre-orders for the 3DS version, so yeah.
Probably.

Reactions: Lavama
So, if I walk into a Gamestop (Ew) and ask if I can pre-order it I can totally do it?

So, if I walk into a Gamestop (Ew) and ask if I can pre-order it I can totally do it?

Well you should probably ask the nice Gamestop employees and their avalanche of membership programs instead of us.

Guess I'll go tomorrow. I only say "Ew" because their CEO is awful and they don't treat me very nicely.

Guess I'll go tomorrow. I only say "Ew" because their CEO is awful and they don't treat me very nicely.

I mean, if you don't want to actually go there if you don't have to, you can always call the store and ask that way.

I wonder if the DL version launches at midnight as well. I went and got a bigger SD card just for it.

Real talk-
I was playing Rising yesterday and honest to God the little SHWING with the exclamation point made me jump.
I've heard the noise dozens of times, but one time I wasn't fully expecting it and it freaked me out.
I'm
very jumpy.

You sound like an addict. Are you okay, wanna talk about it. I'm here for you Senpai.

No but really I'm the exact same way, Skype notifications make me shit myself in the middle of the night when they're out of the blue.

I wonder if the DL version launches at midnight as well. I went and got a bigger SD card just for it.

It does, but from Central US time if I recall.

So like, I'm getting it at 10pm digitally, lest the eShop doesn't die like it did with Animal Crossing.

You can save yourself some trouble and call them.

16:08 is when the magic happens.
I think i'm probably going to like Greninja.

Holy shit

H

Holy shit

It's like Fludd but good

Relive the moment in GIF form
MessySoulfulHypsilophodon.gif

Last edited:
Like, I was already excited for Greninja, but this and the recent Shi Gaming tournament are still managing to make me even more hyped for this character.

Wow, windboxes in smash4 seem a lot stronger in general. Good edge guarding options.

That's where Mewtwo, Lucas, Wolf, and the Ice Climbers went...
this is sad, as i said before.... WHERE ARE THEM LEGS WE WANT LEGS AND GRANNY PANTIES BACK

What's wrong with,
not feeling a need to look up a woman's dress.

Reactions: Rellek
Garder and Chasity belts...

That's what

Do you have like,
self-control?
Because having that is an important factor in not being a douche.

nintendo I don't care if these don't get put into smash

just

put them in something, please

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
I do love sailor yoshi as it reminds me of the Mario Party 2 outfits quite a bit
350px-MP2_Yoshi.png

Also casual wear toon zelda is adorbs

Reactions: Rellek
Samus in the back like,
wow a gravity suit with polka-dots thank you sooooo much for all the effort put into my new-age hipster costume why am I even here there's no 3ds metroid i could be killing something
maybe she thought it finally kicked in because hey everyone's suddenly changing clothes and there's bright colors everywhere and here i was doubting my dealer

GUYS.

TOON ZELDA WAS IN THAT COMMERCIAL.

TOON ZELDA IS IN SMASH, GUYS!

but Kyary isn't even affiliated with AKB48

learn your shit, tanner

tumblr_ncn3xm9FXF1tsdohno3_400.png
tumblr_ncn3xm9FXF1tsdohno1_400.png
tumblr_ncn3xm9FXF1tsdohno2_400.png
tumblr_ncn3xm9FXF1tsdohno4_400.png
tumblr_ncn3xm9FXF1tsdohno5_400.png
tumblr_ncn3xm9FXF1tsdohno6_400.png
tumblr_ncn3xm9FXF1tsdohno7_400.png
tumblr_ncn3xm9FXF1tsdohno8_400.png
tumblr_ncn3xm9FXF1tsdohno9_400.png
tumblr_ncn3xm9FXF1tsdohno10_400.png

I... I actually think these might be DLC for Smash Bros later. I mean, Pikachu's here. Normally Pikachu would need external licensing from GameFreak and The Pokemon Company. This might fall under "Smash Bros" advertising liscencing so...

Reactions: TechPowah