• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

tumblr_ndxu0mmFSu1rk8bobo1_1280.png

S'okay, I like how Pac, Sonic, and Mega Man got their own bits.

It's times like this that I wish Skullheart had a dislike button.

Hey man, that hurts, you're making me all
melanchromly.

You two cuties better cut it the fuck out or I

Chromise I'll wring yer necks.

That was barely a joke.
That was barely a sentence.
That was barely an anything.

There are really very few words in the English language that have syllables that sound similar enough to Chrom to replace.
I'm beginning to stretch here.

There are really very few words in the English language that have syllables that sound similar enough to Chrom to replace.
I'm beginning to stretch here.

I noticed, thanks.

You two cuties better cut it the fuck out or I

Chromise I'll wring yer necks.

YOU CAN'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO!

YOU CAN'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO!

I WASN'T EVEN REFERRING TO YOU.

But how 'bout that there, uh. That there... Mewtwo. Or some shit I dunno. These Chrom puns have over-stayed their welcome. Mine was still the best though.

Couldn't have exactly been much worse...

Mewtwo is pretty fucking amazing, really excited to see what they changed about him, hopefully he's a bit better now, i.e. not garbage.

I do hope another Melee vet returns though.
Maybe a clone of some sort.
A clone who is considered vastly inferior.
One who didn't return in Brawl.
Maybe one that has been referred too as an animal in the past.
vbCQiOyb.jpg

Seriously, though, if Pichu gets in before Roy, there will be hell to pay.

(Also, before someone asks, Pichu is the first line of the 'Electric Rat Pokemon', and Roy has been referred as the 'Lion of Pherae' in FE6.)

If I had to choose one veteran that I really wanted to return as a DLC fighter,
well,
SSBBCardboardbox.jpg

Sorry IC.

Adding Roy would make the FE character count add up to 5, which is pretty crazy considering it's pretty niche when it comes to Ninty's first party lineup.

PLUS THAT WOULD MEAN THERE'D BE TWO ROYS. ROY MIRROR MATCH, EXCEPT IT'S NOT REALLY A MIRROR MATCH. I'd still love to have him back. He was the badass substitute for Marth back in the day.

That's not how you spell Daisy's OR Lucas' name.

Daisy ain't a veteran.
'Sides she's already in the game.

Lucas' chance are probably the lowest out of all the Brawl newcomers considering you can MAKE a Lucas with alternate special moves for Ness.

If I had to choose one veteran that I really wanted to return as a DLC fighter,
well,
SSBBCardboardbox.jpg

Sorry IC.

Don't get me wrong; Snake is still pretty fucking awesome.
He is a VERY close second to Roy.
But seriously, why the fuck does this series refuse to let me keep a main between games?
This is starting to get ridiculous.

He was the badass substitute for Marth back in the day.

I assume you mean badass in looks, which is completely true, and NOT in gameplay, which is demonstrably false.

That's not how you spell Daisy's OR Lucas' name.

I didn't really play Lucas in Brawl, but I still feel for you.
Hurts to have a character cut, especially your main.

Lucas' chance are probably the lowest out of all the Brawl newcomers considering you can MAKE a Lucas with alternate special moves for Ness.

Well, you can make a Ness with Lucas's specials, but you will never be able to recreate his unique normal moves and smashes.

Reactions: 8-Bit Templar
That's still not Lucas, Better Tanner, I thought you'd know better...
Daisy ain't a veteran.
'Sides she's already in the game.
Daisy needs more love than a palette a swap.

Reactions: Lavama
That's still not Lucas, Better Tanner, I thought you'd know better...

I'm being realistic here, Mother.

Let your mother dream, she's tired.

meanwhile
here's ruin
in the "all my wanted characters are Assist Trophies" corner

They got farther than Daisy.

I guess the vet I would want most other than Pokemon Trainer is Pichu, but I would rather have another vet or newcomer before doing a second Pokemon character in a row (preferrably a newcomer, since it would be a bit of a bummer if the only DLC characters we got were vets)

And if they were still gung ho on making Pichu's electric attacks damage itself, they could rework him to give him an attack-juicing mechanic where you can choose to select how much percent his attack self damages in exchange for adding that percentage onto the moves' attack power.

We don't need anymore Pokemon reps.

We need more Lucas and Daisy.
And anyone else who isn't lame.

Or at least make her metal form the Pink Gold variety.

Am I the only one who the character they really really wanted was pretty much a shoe-in As a stage boss from the start?

At least your guys characters didn't have the glory of ACTUALLY HAVING BEEN IN THE GAME BUT GOT REMOVED.

Am I the only one who the character they really really wanted was pretty much a shoe-in As a stage boss from the start?

Little Mac was my number 1 newcomer pick this time around.
So no, not really.

At least your guys characters didn't have the glory of ACTUALLY HAVING BEEN IN THE GAME BUT GOT REMOVED.

At least your characters were actually in more than one game.
In fact, lets go one step further; at least your character was good in one of the smashes they were in, and fucking godlike in the other.
My boy was in one game and he sucked in it.
Just remember; it could always be worse.

Wait, wasn't Roy found in the data in Brawl? Does that count as being in the game and then being removed?

(Can't wait until someone hacks SSB4 just so they can get Ice Climbers on Wii U)

I wanted Isabelle or Nook (Maybe Cyrus hnnng) to be a Villager's character swap like the Koopalings

Reactions: Cawtime