• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

So I tried PM 3.5

The costumes and stuff are cool and the new stages look pretty, but I really can't get into the controls still. Always did prefer Brawl to Melee.

The L button on my 3DS is finally starting to take a shit. At first I thought it was lag, but nope. It doesn't work when I press it 100% of the time anymore. More like 80ish.

Still lasted longer than the L/R buttons on the DSi, which completely stopped working after a month or two after I got it.
Get something like this
air-duster.jpg

To blow into the L and R buttons - it's usually just dust getting in from the movement. Don't blow into it yourself cause it can get moisture in there which is much worse.

My original DS's L and R stopped working entirely for two years, one of these and it was like brand new. Still works.

Oh my god, P:M 990 HP Stamina, Mode 3, is the best dumbest thing in Smash Bros ever.

In Mode 3, since you are taking increased knockback as normal, and getting knocked off the stage only sends you back into the fray from the opposite direction, having 990 HP allows the the fight to devolve into the stupidest game of "try to recover from 500% damage knockback with no walls or ceiling to catch you" ever.

There will never be a sight quite like Ganondorf Side-B suicide bombing with an opponent and falling over and over again. It is beautiful.

the year is 20xx

evo

all players are dk

8 bongos connected to a wii u

the smash ball appears

a thousand screaming monkeys burst onto the stage

bananas rain from the heavens

molecules themselves reshape into the form of an expanded dong

no matter who wins

we lose

>evo
>Smash Ball

"I spy, a contradiction!"

clearly Box has been the year 20XX
i hear it's a pretty crazy place
not as crazy as 199X was though

>evo
>Smash Ball

The 8-player DK-only bongo-drum-controller-only match causing bananas to fall from the sky, thousands of monkeys to riot, and molecular reshaping at EVO was fine.

But a smash ball at EVO just isn't realistic, man!

>evo
>Smash Ball

Clearly, 20XX is actually 2008 2: 2008 Harder, when the Smash 4 ruleset continues to not exist, the EVO staff decides it knows better and plays with items on again, which causes the community to go to a galactic war of casual vs competitive, witch tears apart the fabric of reality and wait movie producer man I wasn't done with my pitch yet don't leave

The 8-player DK-only bongo-drum-controller-only match causing bananas to fall from the sky, thousands of monkeys to riot, and molecular reshaping at EVO was fine.

But a smash ball at EVO just isn't realistic, man!

Exactly.
I'll believe a lot of things, but items at EVO, inconceivable.

Do you even know how tiers r 4 queers started?
This is basic competitive history stuff, man.
Fourth grade material.

Didn't it start because of a stupid pixel flash cartoon on newgrounds?
That's how I remember it.

Didn't it start because of a stupid pixel flash cartoon on newgrounds?
That's how I remember it.

Well, that's where the specific quote originated, but I'm talking more about the mindset that led to said Newgrounds animation.

Quick abridged version (Cause I could right a novel about this shit):

In 2008, the Brawl Back Room had yet to come to a definite conclusion for the Brawl ruleset, so when EVO came around that year and Brawl was on the line-up, EVO staff decided to run the tourney with their own rules.
These rules included items.
Naturally, the competitive community was appalled, and complained about it everywhere that they could. The casual community was frustrated about how they were taking such an 'elitist attitude' and 'lack of fun', so they began arguing. And argue the two sides did, for years after the event in question (This community in-fighting is also part of the reason EVO staff didn't put Smash in the EVO roster for a few years until we raised a billion dollars for their breast-cancer shit, or whatever).
The effects of this great and passionate argument still resound to this day, and the community will most likely never be the same.

TL;DR EVO 2008 was actually played with items on, and it nearly killed the community.

Last edited:
The 50-fact extravaganza mislead us. There is one controller, one incomprehensible to most of its greatness, that has finally graced our eyes in the glory of Smash 4.

This was one of the first things I was planning to try when I met up with my friend who owns the bongos, nice to know they work.

Next up is the DDR mat.

So two new remixes have come out and they're both amazing - polar opposites too, mind you. Two of my favorite songs in the entire game already.

why in the fudge does she have eyeshadow
let alone lavender eyeshadow
its not lavender eye shadow. . .it is see through the entire model eyeshadow
lLWsZiJ.jpg

FHodZfh.jpg

So two new remixes have come out and they're both amazing - polar opposites too, mind you. Two of my favorite songs in the entire game already.

I seem to be alone in this sentiment but I think the DKCR remix is really annoying and wish they had stayed more faithful to the original or just put the original in.

I'm pretty sure the original is in too - for most they are.

But I love the vocal one. I think it's hilarious and catchy.

it's certainly better than that abomination of a DK Rap that was in melee so hey it's something
i mean
we could have like
the entire Tropical Freeze soundtrack
but beggars can't be choosers

Are you kidding me? That version of Ruined Skyworld isn't ::vocals kick in:: okay that saved it.

Goddamnit job. You made me miss out on this Project M stuff.

Issac and Sami = win (Although Issac's model is kinda weird. They couldn't just use the AT model and tweak that?)
The rest = meh (Don't care for Lyn, Knuckles I find unnecessary and why Skull Kid instead of Impa or Vaati or some other Zelda character other than him?)

Really ticked that there's no Saki in there.
Yeah. I have a rule for Smash charicters and that is that NONE of Sonic's freinds are in the game.
They could have actully used Little Mac or Even Chibi Robo.

Back