• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

Hey come on now, Ubisoft AS A WHOLE is kinda ehhh, but the Rayman team themselves are pretty cool. They were just as salty as the rest of us when Ubi delayed Legends' Wii U version just so they could make PS360 and PS4/X1 ports

If this isn't fake, first of all SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEE but also I figure that giving Rayman a moveset is probably way easier due to Rayman Origins and Legends. His attacks in those games could fill his entire set of A-attacks on their own.

Now, I don't actually think that Sakurai would actually cut-and-paste the entirety of the Rayman Origins/Legends attacks into Smash (especially since some of them wouldn't fit well), but a good few of them would fit perfectly.

Especially since his only other points of reference would be: throwing his fist from Rayman 1 (Neutral-B) and either the copter hair or swinging off the weird flying thing (Up-B), "throwing his fist" meaning throwing little glowing orbs from Rayman 2 (probably unused), and the costume moves from Rayman 3 (I don't really remember them too well to be honest). The earlier games can cover his B-moves just fine, but Rayman Origins/Legends gave him a large number of basic punches and kicks.

it-was-me-austin-o.gif

Knew it.

Although...

I would totally buy a Dunban DLC leak. Well mostly because he has both trophies in Smash 3DS and WiiU, not only that Metal Face even talks about him in one of his quotes (that being "If the brats here, I bet Dunban wouldn't be far behind!")

So apparently
I wasn't completely wrong.
Apparently this whole thing was in fact a publicity stunt, but for the creator's new series where he draws characters in the style of a Smash Bros. character splash.

Fuck it, I'll watch that.

lmao
good shit good shit
at least he's being cool about it.

This is the magic of DDB.
Why does it work every time?

Reactions: DDB
that's DDB's power
the rules of reality will bend to not give him what he wants

Reactions: DDB
It was obviously fake because of the character design(fucking eyebrows man) but I still got some hope. Faith, I say. I really really want muh rayboy in Smash.

Reactions: juju_for_president
Has there been any legit leak during the whole Smash bros 3DS/WiiU development?

What if this guy is just saying that he faked the leak in order to not get sued by Nintnedo, like that ERSB leaker.

Has there been any legit leak during the whole Smash bros 3DS/WiiU development?
The ones that showed us Jr., Shulk, and Duck Hunt.

What if this guy is just saying that he faked the leak in order to not get sued by Nintnedo, like that ERSB leaker.

It's not just a statement, he literally posted a video going step by step on how he made the leak.
There's another one of his process making the Rayman art.

So, apparently, Ubisoft is making an announcement on Tuesday about the 'leak', which seems kind of odd to me; it was faked, so I'd think the response wouldn't take so long to get the answer, especially with video proof of it being faked. Now, this announcement was apparently made before that video was released, and that just raises even more questions.
This bullshit rabbit hole is never going to bottom out, is it...?

So, apparently, Ubisoft is making an announcement on Tuesday about the 'leak', which seems kind of odd to me; it was faked, so I'd think the response wouldn't take so long to get the answer, especially with video proof of it being faked. Now, this announcement was apparently made before that video was released, and that just raises even more questions.
This bullshit rabbit hole is never going to bottom out, is it...?
The making of rayman leak video was, in and of itself, an elaborate hoax.

So it was moved to "Other Fighting Games" Didn't know that was a thing. My bad y'all

Yes yes yes. I can't wait for the great Palutena play now.

no i mean custom ganon
the objective best character in the game

Don't you mean
Custom Olimar?
Well, I don't think there will be Custom Tags. And even then, I doubt anyone will be reflecting those guys to be safe.

Yeh, I know.
It just felt like a good segway to bring it up.

Well, I don't think there will be Custom Tags. And even then, I doubt anyone will be reflecting those guys to be safe.
But if the doubles combo isn't banned then we're all fucked.

It's destiny obviously, as an Olimar main in Brawl. His top tier throne was never gone.