• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

I have this weird feeling Palutena might get an announcement next week since tomorrow marks the two year anniversary of Kid Icarus: Uprising's release.

If not, this trophy of Phosphora was the reason.

This at least fully confirms there'll be new models for trophies. Cause I know some people were worried that it'd just be model rips.

Oh, that wily ole' Sakurai!
vrm9M6A.png

Hey, anything referencing my favorite game of all time is welcome by me :)

Seriously if you haven't played KI:U play it. If you don't "get" the controls play it until you do. If you think the characters are annoying, play it until you love them.

It's so good, and yet when I went on Reddit today everyone was hating it and I wanted to punch a brick wall

kiu just lacked a lockon function
that's all it needed, really

There's AutoAim in the options that works like a lock on. Plus, all the shots home so if you miss, unless you are literally shooting the opposite direction, it'll hit.

Sakurai just tweeted

『新パルテナ』2周年のお祝いメッセージを送ってくださったかた、ありがとうございます。気が付かなかった……。 その後を振り返ると、『スマブラ3DS/WiiU』の開発は結構急ピッチですね。

It's him saying thank you to someone who brought up the Kid Icarus Uprising 2 year anniversary and that he noticed it, and that Smash WiiU/3DS's development is going well.

Hint at Paluena?

oh guys. New leak, apparently the character select screen.

Not sure... this one is kinda legit looking. Good character selection. Seems believable. BUT for now I won't trust it until we get at least a confirmation on Issac.

4f4.jpg
Why is Madoka there when they already have Jesus?
UGH! No more clones Nintendo!

Sakurai just tweeted

It's him saying thank you to someone who brought up the Kid Icarus Uprising 2 year anniversary and that he noticed it, and that Smash WiiU/3DS's development is going well.

Hint at Paluena?
You never know, that's quite feasible

So where is this Phosphorous chick from? Looks pretty cool.

I have this weird feeling Palutena might get an announcement next week since tomorrow marks the two year anniversary of Kid Icarus: Uprising's release.

If not, this trophy of Phosphora was the reason.

Newcomers don't just get randomly announced, sorry.

However we can probably expect one from the April Direct, which definitely could be Palutena. After that, you'll have to wait till E3.

If it's April I'd put more money on a Fire Emblem reveal. Tons of Fire Emblem games were released in Japan in April. Including Awakening. and Blazing Sword, Hector confirmed

That seems REEEEEALLY early to be releasing it. I would think that the official release date would be announced at least two months before whatever date it is.

that's ~two weeks from now
based on what we have experienced with two weeks
shit is a long ways off

Yeah, it is most assuredly not April.
I think we'll get a release date either next Nintendo Direct, or at E3.

Sep 15 is my birthday, but I don't need drawings since Smash will release within a week of then anyway. Sorry DDB, you'll have to reprimand your parents for planting the seed 5 months too early.

So there’s a 50/50 chance that it may come out in April.

You're not really taking that seriously are you? There's no way it'd be due for release in a little over 2 weeks without us knowing already. And there's no way it's releasing before Mario Kart.

Back