• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Wulf Den

Status
Not open for further replies.
We could probably compromise somehow.

The idea of soloBeo tourney sounds fun at first, but it gets stale once you watch five sets and realise there are fifteen more courses of the same meal to go. The human brain enjoys variety and the rule that "character X tourney = any teams as long as character X is on point" is generally the more fair and interesting to watch option.

I personally put an unwritten rule on myself to not DHC/tag out of Beo until he is really bleeding, but even without that, you normally won't predictably tag out at match start unless you want the opponent to noticeably damage your tagged in character and snap Beo back in anyway. You have to know him either way to do good, otherwise you lose half or one third of your team on the get go and a get a guessing game no one wants on your incoming character.

The alternative as in solo Beowulf only, contrary to what one might initially think, doesn't really showcase the character at all. No DHCs, no assist-enhanced strategies, no use of Beowulf assists, no showing Beowulf vs non-Beowulf matchups. The only thing the players and viewers experience, watch and learn is a "this specific character vs this specific character when there are no team options available" matchup, which is kinda who-cares territory in a game where you spend most of your time playing with and/or vs a team.

Pretty much why the Squigly- and Eliza-showcase tournaments at EVO were "character X on point" rather than "character X solos only".

aye this is true Muro. And further more this next tourny will be far more interesting because it will be a much more complete version of Beowulf so we can really see how he can work with other Characters and the possible ideas that can come from it. This tourny is not only to show how much we have learned playing with Beowulf but to also to give ideas to others on combos and strategies that give Beowulf advantages and setups to help defeat opponents. Ultimately it's a learning experience

I hope we can do another Wulf tourney soon, i'm still kicking myself for not having internet when the first one happened.

DON'T EVEN FUCKING START
Ah, but as you have a kid, you are now ageless. Have fun with immortality.

aye this is true Muro. And further more this next tourny will be far more interesting because it will be a much more complete version of Beowulf so we can really see how he can work with other Characters and the possible ideas that can come from it. This tourny is not only to show how much we have learned playing with Beowulf but to also to give ideas to others on combos and strategies that give Beowulf advantages and setups to help defeat opponents. Ultimately it's a learning experience
Basically the reason I showed up to the last tourney was to get beat and try and learn from it. Next tourney I want to get beat less and win my matches. I just need a consistent practice schedule between events so I can retain things.

I enjoyed the last one. Although my practice time has taken a bit of a hit because I got the new smash game.

And as a sidenote...smash's netcode is hot garbage compared to ggpo.

welp you've got time, relax and practice up your skills mate. everything is fine in the Wulf Den. also drink hot apple cider, warms even the coldest of hearts.

but ahmmm lazyyyyyy.

Edit:

Fine...starting a endless beta lobby.

Let's do solowulf's only tonight.

well too bad mate. You're lucky that i don't have SG for these 2 weeks, i would be making all the tech in the world.

Fuck, if Night Phyre's in then I have to be in too.
I hate to admit it but he's an image of where I'll probably be in ten years.

Well then... I'll get to working on the resources for the New Wulf Order's "Wulfmania: The Second Impact". hmmmm... @Muro and @Denizen mark down in your calenders the 4th of January. Seems like the perfect date for a good fight. Just after new years when everyone is refreshed and ready for a good fight.

I'm going to do something else for a bit...but yeah lobbies still open.

Also ggs bucky.

Well, we're solo-Wulfing right now. Come on down. It'll be fun.

And thanks Humdinger. They were fun!

Edit: Also, feel free to jump into the NWO Chat Room. It's always nice to chat a bit between matches.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kai
This is kinda fun but the lag is making it less fun.
It might be my fault but this usually doesn't happen.

I reset my internet and everything is better.
Man y'all don't use regular grabs enough.

Last edited:
GGs, Wulf Den.

I can't wait to get to my hometown this Saturday so that I can play with Beowulf!

I noticed something weird in a couple of Beowulf's unfinished frames. Sometimes the magnet on his belt turns into a pouch. Turns out that it was a mistake by Zone. I'm not sure if Lab Zero is aware of this so I'm putting it out there, but I don't know who to contact for animation errors.

GG everyone, was really fun even when the lobby turned into everyone taking turns beating me =P

Gotta work on figuring for lag on my combos, I couldn't hardly finish any combos that I could do all the time in training.

EDIT: I totally see your point on not doing an all Lone Wulf tourney; Even in the lobby just now, I eventually had to keep myself from adding Band to my team.

Last edited:
it's fun for a little while...but man idk about a 16 man bracket with double eliminations.

Reactions: Denizen
I keep forgetting Beo has a magnet on the belt. I keep attributing the logic of him sticking the chair on his back to videooo gameees whereas something actually legit is going on.

Also, man, this character is just so satisfying to play with. I can feel all the options he has at his disposal and he ain't even finished yet. Half of me wants to main him, but it's a dilemma as the team's already full and functional. If he had a brass knuckles-equivalent as an assist, Big Band would already be packing his stuff.

I keep forgetting Beo has a magnet on the belt. I keep attributing the logic of him sticking the chair on his back to videooo gameees whereas something actually legit is going on.

Also, man, this character is just so satisfying to play with. I can feel all the options he has at his disposal and he ain't even finished yet. Half of me wants to main him, but it's a dilemma as the team's already full and functional. If he had a brass knuckles-equivalent as an assist, Big Band would already be packing his stuff.
He kind of does you just need to work for it.

If you run Beo first and have a safe DHC second, you can get rid of the chair at any point then Dead Arm Time > safe DHC and you have 2HP assist!

Not as effective for your Peacock though, but I think it will work beautifully for Squigly.

I feel the same way, L0 has been doing a fantastic job of making an unfinished character feel like their playstyle is already completed even when you know they have more moves and an entire new game mechanic.

I was always planning on running Brass Beast <Sorry Cere, your run is almost over>, and I really love just how great of a synergy they have, between having great assist options for each other to all of Beowulf's palettes having a matching Big Band palette.

So Wulf Cannon is really bad if you hit 2 characters. I know it isn't the only move in the game like this, but I keep catching Double assist with my wulf cannon and then getting punished by the point because you cannot hit them (the attack loses the active frames when it hits Double obviously).

I wouldn't mind this so much if you could go through the assist with more Wulf Cannons, but that just doesn't happen, you keep hitting Double and the point is completely untouched.

Also sucks because all my combos right now are starting with confirm into it, guess I need to learn some more starters if this is how it is.

Hello! I'm pretty new to Skullheart, but I love this thread and my Wulf Hype is very real and very intense. I was wondering if anybody's got screencaps of Wulf's three newest palettes? I gotta wait to play the beta again, and the palettes on the Skullgirls Wiki need to be updated. REALLY wanna see that firefighter palette.

Hey @TricksterDel, it's good to have you here and I hope you stick around.
There have actually been five new palettes since the Firefighter, so have all six!
Firefighter & Original
2014-12-17_00001.jpg

Naked Snake & The Ultimate Warrior
2014-12-17_00002.jpg

Kanji Tatsumi & Unknown/Original
2014-12-17_00003.jpg

Hahaha, some of the eyes are closed in these screenshots, sorry.

Last edited:
I can't combo for my life, so I can't play online without getting my ass handed to me.
Although it was fun finding combos for Eliza, for Beowulf I feel it's more of a chore.

Reactions: Kuzlalala
Beowulf is one of those characters that can get away with not having real combos, it's part of why he's so fun. Armor + grab mode + good neutral and you're set to go. Trust the guy who avoids learning combos like the bubonic plague and sports a keepaway zoner / armored heavy hitter / armored grappler team.

Yeah and Muro's actually really fucking good at the game so you know you can trust him.

Beowulf is one of those characters that can get away with not having real combos, it's part of why he's so fun. Armor + grab mode + good neutral and you're set to go. Trust the guy who avoids learning combos like the bubonic plague and sports a keepaway zoner / armored heavy hitter / armored grappler team.
you REALLY should learn combos tho

Reactions: mcpeanuts
I never realized how unothordox Muro's gaming is till the last EU stream for some reason.
Still my Skullgirls senpai tho, forever and ever

Reactions: Muro and Denizen
Muro is good at keepaway, but the second you get in on him he kinda crumbles. Sorry Muro but it is kinda true, the times that i just reflected or armored right thru your stuff you kinda got stuffed.

Muro sounds a lot like me
except actually good at the game.

Oh yeah,
would people be down with a PS3 solowulf tournament (or at least Beo-required) once he drops?

Reactions: PKStoopKid
It's kinda the same way with you Ninja. I haven't played you enough but it seems like you really rely on your high damage output with Big Band and Cerebella. As soon as someone can match that then things get challenging for you.

As for the Solowulf PS3 tournament, I probably won't be in on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.