• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Wulf Den

Status
Not open for further replies.
I figured I'd share this since the Wulf pack is a place of fun and sharing. Selfless promotion time, but I recently released my newest voice acting demo and wanted to know what you guys think (and maybe Alex Ahad, if he's listening. A guy can dream can't he? Heh.)

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/565024

Wow I feel like an idiot... I used to peruse newgrounds on a regular basis and saw your name come up more than a few times... Didn't realize that dingo was you until you posted that. GG.

But for real though, you do great work man. Keep it up!

Wulf Pack Symbol WIP.png
This is my work in progress for creating a symbol for The Wulf Pack and eventually Star★Wulf. I'm not an artist who can create something from scratch so I used a fusion of two existing images as a template. The head of the wolf is loosely based on the Solitude Symbol from Skyrim and the flames are taken directly from the Team Dai-Gurren Logo from Gurren Lagann.

It's mostly finished, I'm just unsatisfied with the eyes. I want them to look more intense so I'm probably going to redo them. Once I'm satisfied with the line work I plan on coloring this in Photoshop. I haven't decided on whether to color it gray with a black outline or vice versa. I am set on coloring the eyes yellow though.

So what do you all think?

Denizen: That's an awesome logo! I can't wait to see it finished!

Ironwolf: Haha, no worries man! Thanks for the kind words! :)

Phish Food: I like it! In the SG world, I take nothing for granted. Even if it's just a "really strong chair" there's got to be more to its origins. Tying it to Aeon or the Trinity would be rather interesting and fitting of a fabled artifact.

Denizen: That's an awesome logo! I can't wait to see it finished!
Thanks, I'm going to try and work on it as much as I can in the next few days.
While I was half-asleep in class I figured out what I want to color it. I've decided to make the outline white, the wolf & flames black, and the eyes and nose white. It's a little monochrome, but so is team Dai-Gurren's Logo.
I APPROVE.
I think you're really going to like the Star★Wulf version, it's going to have Annie's colors along with three stars in the center of the wolf's forehead. I've been messing around with both versions in photoshop and I think they look great even though they're unfinished.

Thanks, I'm going to try and work on it as much as I can in the next few days.
While I was half-asleep in class I figured out what I want to color it. I've decided to make the outline white, the wolf & flames black, and the eyes and nose white. It's a little monochrome, but so is team Dai-Gurren's Logo.

I think you're really going to like the Star★Wulf version, it's going to have Annie's colors along with three stars in the center of the wolf's forehead. I've been messing around with both versions in photoshop and I think they look great even though they're unfinished.

Please, just put Kamina shades on the first one and Simon's star shades on the second. It would be too wonderful for words.

Please, just put Kamina shades on the first one and Simon's star shades on the second. It would be too wonderful for words.
You're right that would be awesome. Once I'm done with both versions I'm going to do that.

You're right that would be awesome. Once I'm done with both versions I'm going to do that.
WAIT! what about one side being Kamina shades, and the other half be a star shape?

Well it's finished, The Official Insignia of The Wulf Pack.
Open the spoiler below for the image and short summary of the process.
Insignia.png

I started with a very clear idea, a flaming wolf head. I'm not an artist so I had to combine the Team Dai-Gurren Logo and the Solitude Symbol and use it as a guide. I then drew it three times, first in pencil, then in pen, and finally in sharpie. Once I was satisfied with the line work I had to decide what I was going to color it. I eventually settled on White & Black. After touching it up in Photoshop I sent it on it's way to The Wulf Den.
So what do you all think?

Last edited:
I am enjoying those shades, Elongate the face more for a more wolf-like visage.Maybe put a pawprint on its face.

Maybe... stick an image of a chair in the flames so that it can be recognized as a Beowulf symbol?
Putting the silhouette of the Hurting as the forehead symbol would be a better idea than a paw-print.

Elongate the face more for a more wolf-like visage. Maybe put a pawprint on its face.
I would think that elongating the face would make it look even more like a fox. I think this is just the inescapable issue that wolf and fox symbols tend to look similar. I'm considering adding a paw print or something, but I'm hesitant to start adding things, I want to keep it simple.

I should also add that I'm not going to make any major structural changes since this took forever to do by hand.

I would think that elongating the face would make it look even more like a fox. I think this is just the inescapable issue that wolf and fox symbols tend to look similar. I'm considering adding a paw print or something, but I'm hesitant to start adding things, I want to keep it simple.

I should also add that I'm not going to make any major structural changes since this took forever to do by hand.
my suggestion would be making the nose look more rounded. fozes are often depicted to have pointy noses while dogs are more round nosed.

Add a meatball sub.

Beowulf looks like a man who'd enjoy them.
Maybe put a big beefy arm in there for good measure

My suggestion would be making the nose look more rounded.
I took your advice and rounded out the top of the nose. I'm going to have to go through the whole process of scanning the image and editing it in Photoshop, but I think it's worth the effort.
I'll edit my post with the updated image as soon as I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back