• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Toonami Thread

and then they bring in two replacements for that character and then kill the cool one. ALSO, unceremoniously.

I didn't specify names though. I just said the cool one. the two replacements are often debated on who was better.

Spoilers for a literally 10 year old anime.
Y'all are fuckin' stupid, I'm not getting involved in that tired old argument.
Just keep the talk to shows that are on Toonami or are soon to come and there won't be any problems.

No, that doesn't excuse it. I even have a thing of trying to only keep spoilers when it's not at a show's designated thread.

tumblr_n8d46mqjzl1r8n1s8o1_1280.png

I forget, are they still showing FMA:B? I kinda wanna jump back in but no video streaming service has it completed.

somebody actually makes a good point on Toonami's airing of Hellsing Ultimate on the comment's section BeatNinja just linked. They'll show gore and blood in copious amounts but the only thing they censor is certain swearing and nudity.

I just can't wait for the vampire brothers to come in and the sailor mouthed one is just nothing but bleeps. it's gonna be hilarious.

Their television censorship ideology is relatively different. US doesn't mind violence, but considers sexual related/profanity taboo and vice versa for Japan.

At least the profanity censors has the potential to be amusing unlike random black screens /beams of light.

But their (US and Japan) policy of censoring one aspect but allowing the other is what I'm talking about. It's so inconsistent.

it seems the only new thing tomorrow is Dandy right at the start

and then a rerun marathon of Titans

Man I never get tired of watching these episodes of Attack on Titan. I gotta start reading it though.
Last episode of Space Dandy tonight, I'm excited but sad to see it go.
Hellsing Ultimate is postponed tonight for a blowout of Beware the Batman. I'm glad they're getting rid of that shit, but not at the expense of Hellsing.

I don't really care for Naruto anymore, but I still really like Bleach, and One Piece has always been my favorite anime.

I like that luck-dependant brass knuckle the one kid has, would be a really cool idea for a fighting game.

I had to look up what episode 8 even was, and, welp, my heart sank a bit after reading the summary. Damn, we're there already?

Finally, time for CP9 to show.

RIP Kamina, he was da bes. At least the Giga-Drill Break came out of it. Plus, motherfucker CAME BACK TO LIFE AND AVENGED HIS OWN FUCKING DEATH BEFORE DYING AGAIN. Squigly could use some pointers from him. =P

I literally cannot think of a single fictional character in any form of media more frightening than Alucard.

Well this was just a roller coaster ride of an episode.
Getting to like Rip Van Winkle and seeing her get her shit absolutely wrecked.
Then the I Like War speech.
I saw the I Like Brawl speech first (Which allegedly was also drawn by the Hellsing Mangaka) but this is something else

Look up some of the story of Irredeemable, he does some pretty messed up shit.
As far as I know it's a story about a superhero gone bad who kills millions of people, but that's all as far as I know. This isn't a question of who is more evil, it's a question of who is more frightening, and I'd be no more afraid of the Plutonian than I would be of a massive rock floating through space. That's just a magnitude of evil and destruction, fear isn't quantifiable that way. It's a nebulous thing, created inside the mind of human beings.

I can only describe Alucard as fear incarnate, he just resonates that kind of atmosphere. Without doing anything. He just stands there and your head does the rest.

As far as I know it's a story about a superhero gone bad who kills millions of people, but that's all as far as I know. This isn't a question of who is more evil, it's a question of who is more frightening, and I'd be no more afraid of the Plutonian than I would be of a massive rock floating through space. That's just a magnitude of evil and destruction, fear isn't quantifiable that way. It's a nebulous thing, created inside the mind of human beings.

I can only describe Alucard as fear incarnate, he just resonates that kind of atmosphere. Without doing anything. He just stands there and your head does the rest.
I guess it's like how I don't really see Alucard as scary.

I like this episode of Attack on Titan because it shows that the people in the inner walls are total bitches.
It puts the world in perspective, makes you think about what people are really like.

Also shit gets real in Hellsing Ultimate tonight, be sure to catch it.

did the episode with the brothers happen yet? I just really wanna see the magical hilarity of bleeps.

Back