• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Toonami Thread

The dub! Should be great. Get hype for the Skullgirls connections:

Filia = Christine Marie Cabanos ... Mako Mankanshoku
Peacock = Sarah Anne Williams ... Nonon Jakuzure
Valentine = Laura Post ... Ragyo Kiryuin
Soldier / Republican Double (voice) (as Juicey Flannigan) [imdb says so] = Kaiji Tang ... Tsumugu Kinagase

However, I'm confused. This voice actor site (and Number 13's list above) has Laura Post as Ragyo Kiryuin. I thought Michelle Ruff (Eliza) was going to play her. I thought Palette #18 was a nod to that.

Interested to know if they will censor the mom bath scene and other moments. They previously sounded pessimistic about the idea of KLK on Toonami saying something along the lines of it being a disappointment. Maybe they got an OK from the higher ups to allow it with acceptable minimum of censor if anything?

If Attack on Titan's ultra violence and nudity can be okay for the timeslot, Kill La Kill shouldn't suffer much censorship. Seeing what, if anything, gets censored and hearing the English dub are a couple of reasons to tune in. But mostly I'll watch it again for the superb animation.

Premiere: February 7th at 11:30pm

Ragyo Eliza was just to have a Ragyo colored Eliza because similar outfits

and was made before KLK dub was even announced

Reactions: BallotBoxer
and was made before KLK dub was even announced
That's pretty much the main reason. Didn't Lab Zero say they'd try to fit in a Nonon color for Peacock a few months ago?

Not the biggest fan of Kill la Kill, but I am still happy that it's on for the people that do.
Now for Ippo to be announced.

Now if only we could get a full Jojo dub greenlit...

Maybe if there were more than 50 JoJo fans in English-speaking countries.

Seriously though, a full JoJo dub would be AMAZING.

i would suck like
30 dicks just to get more of Richard Epcar's Joseph
i wouldn't even watch a dubbed version Battle Tendency unless Youngseph was voiced by Epcar
that's how good the voice
no young blood VA could match up to it

The dub! Should be great. Get hype for the Skullgirls connections:

Filia = Christine Marie Cabanos ... Mako Mankanshoku
Peacock = Sarah Anne Williams ... Nonon Jakuzure
Valentine = Laura Post ... Ragyo Kiryuin
Soldier / Republican Double (voice) (as Juicey Flannigan) [imdb says so] = Kaiji Tang ... Tsumugu Kinagase

Mike, You, Alex and Lab Zero need to find a studio that would greenlight a Skullgirls anime and have it air on Toonami because this is like the fourth new show they've gotten to have SG voice actors in it and doesn't help that it makes me think of the game when I'm watching Toonami late Saturday night. Or keep me from making SG references when I live tweet each show.

With programming stretching into dawn, do they expect people to lose sleep to watch? It's more like DVR fodder. What advertiser wants to buy time knowing the audience is fast-forwarding by?

Or the anime was too interesting for the insomniacs. They requested a block of King of the Hill. I tell ya what, the merits of propane and propane accessories certainly help me nod off to sleep. No really, KotH is a good show, I just don't agree that Action needs to be padded with Comedy on the schedule. Remember when Adult Swim started and had anime more than one night?

The loss of only a hour / half hour isn't much concern.

I can't wait for toonami to have to censor KlK and then for everyone to complain about it after Toonami has said they'd have to.

they can resolve this issue by not showing KlK and showing a good show instead
like Bacca-wait shit they'd need to censor that too

Reactions: HeadcrabNinja
they can resolve this issue by not showing KlK and showing a good show instead
How good a show is doesn't always equal good ratings

Anyway, I'm super hyped for KLK.

they could easily resolve the issue by just showing G Gundam instead
G Gundam is actually good
watch G Gundam, people

they could easily resolve the issue by just showing G Gundam instead
G Gundam is actually good
watch G Gundam, people
just make it one giant block of Gundam.

but tell SEED to go fuck itself. and it's little Destiny too.

The block shrinkage isn't as bad as it seems assuming there isn't any further shrinkage in the future. The shows in that axed timeblock were the 3rd string filler shows anyway with not much ratings expectations if you looked at past results. It would have sucked more if we lost the 11:30 EST timeslot [which I believe was granted back when Space Dandy first aired on Toonami] instead because that has more viewership potential. This would be worth it easily if the 11:00 pm is eventually gained.

"In life, we all must deal with change, friends. And sometimes that change is hard. Starting February 7th, the Toonami schedule will be reduced to a Midnight-3:30am run every Saturday. "
I'M FRIGHTENED
This sounds more than a bit worrisome.

Oh shit the block would now start a half hour later now on top of axing the later show time slots. Well so much for that optimistic expansion thoughts the moment the 11:30 slot was granted. Looking at the shorter lineup now feels alot less appealing when this is a once a week block.

Well, I hope those insomniacs are happy with their American Dad reruns. I wasn't watching the later anime shows because I already saw them, but it seems like a waste to fall back to comedy filler.

Speaking of filler, 2 out of the 7 shows are susceptible to unwatchable filler arcs. Naruto and One Piece should be avoided when they go offtrack.

12:00 - DBZ Kai
12:30 - Kill la Kill
01:00 - Naruto: Shippuden
01:30 - Inuyasha: The Final Act
02:00 - Gurren Lagann
02:30 - One Piece
03:00 - Deadman Wonderland

Looks like I'll be tuning for Kill la Kill for the novelty of the English dub, and to see how Inuyasha ends (I remember when the original series aired on Adult Swim 2002-2006). Everything else I've seen already or not interested (Deadman Wonderland). On February 7, Inuyasha: The Final Act will be episode 9 out of 25. If this schedule sticks, Inuyasha should stay to the end of May.

i'm pretty hyped for tonight's toonami. i expect for it to have a KLK promo

i hope its amazing. could it live up to the likes of the toonami golden age promos like Gundam Wing?

Well, tonight's the night. And less than a half hour away too before KLK.

I hope everyone catches it to support Toonami.

It's GGO [trap Kirito and Sinon] and the other stuff. So it is this one. [don't click if you don't like spoiler]. Makes me wonder how the dub version would look lol. This surprised no one because like it or not the first season got good ratings for the timeslot.

I'll probably watch because Sinon.

is this the season with the incest or the season with the attempted rape
i always get those mixed up with SAO

THAT WASN'T FUCKING INCEST!

God I am really sick of people calling it that when it was played off as more of Suguha going through a phase and the fact that they're technically cousins, not that I approve of that either but it's certainly not even close to incest. (Hell there isn't even any of that in Season 2)

It's especially irritating to me when I'm currently watching DurararaX2 and Izaya's sisters are a much more blatant example of what fucking incest is supposed to be.

The real question is what is it replacing.

More than likely, Gurren Lagann. We're almost done with that anyway.

Reactions: Jutsei