• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Toonami Thread

I FUCKING FORGOT ABOUT ALUCARD'S STUPID-ASS DREAM.
THERE WAS NO SUBTLETY THERE.
BRUCE WILLIS THO.

THERE WAS NO SUBTLETY THERE.
Hellsing is the last place I would expect any kind of subtlety.

I guess I have nothing to say because I can't do the ungoldy task of being awake at 12:00. Except that why the hell did they write off Sym-Bionic Titan.

I guess I have nothing to say because I can't do the ungoldy task of being awake at 12:00. Except that why the hell did they write off Sym-Bionic Titan.
sym-biotic titan was most likely a slot filler until they could get more shows.

When the hell are they gonna air One Piece Strong World.

When the hell are they gonna air One Piece Strong World.
After Brook gets added to the crew.

so toonami apparently messed up when they talked about getting ALL of Hellsing and they actually didn't get ALL of Hellsing.

Meaning the US airing will stop at the same place the OVAs stalled at and there's not going to be any episode 9 or 10 for a while.

also InuYasha is coming back, so there's that.

I kinda wish they'd pick up some of the older stuff they had to censor a bit when they started out. Like, I've been watching Outlaw Star and Tenchi and I was a little surprised how much they cut or edited to air it on tv for us.

a lot of toonami shake-ups today with bleach & attack on titan airing their last episodes (until japan inevitably makes more seasons since they're both still ongoing in print form)

but hey, DBZ & InuYasha are on the way back, so there's that.

Last edited:
What is Toonami's obsession with Inuyasha, I tried watching it and it sucks.

it's a "classic", as it were
a lot of people feel nostalgic towards it and such

Reactions: Denizen
Oh well that makes sense.

it's a "classic", as it were
a lot of people feel nostalgic towards it and such
not only that, they aired the entire first series

might as well air the second series to get some ending closure

big toonami news:
they got the last two episodes of hellsing
episode 9 - december 6th
episode 10 - december 13th

so things turned out better than expected. they announced it on their tumblr.

Reactions: Denizen
prepare your wieners for Walter O'Brien, friends

prepare your wieners for Walter O'Brien, friends
Is some sort of amazing English accent involved?

a lot of toonami shake-ups today with bleach & attack on titan airing their last episodes (until japan inevitably makes more seasons since they're both still ongoing in print form)

Expect Titan to air in Japan the spring of 2015, but Bleach anime is deader than a shinigami captain that just explained his powers to a sternritter. It ended on Japan March 27, 2012. Unless Kubo Tite pulls a miracle in the manga, I doubt there will be a revival.

In other news, a recent announcement says next month is movie month. It adds to Zazz's Hellsing news

Toonami said:
We’re sorry we don’t have them for next week, but we’re kicking off movie month with the last two episodes of the Hellsing Ultimate!. 9’s the first week, and 10’s the next week. And there’s a whole bunch of movies too! Every week for a month we’re showing two movies (if you count Hellsing as a movie, which we are). Full list below, and full schedule to come in the next couple of weeks. Spend your holiday in Hyoerspace with us!

December 6th – Hellsing Ultimate 9 and Summer Wars

December 13th – Hellsing Ultimate 10 and Fullmetal Alchemist: The Sacred Star of Milos

December 20th – Dragonball Z: Broly – The Legendary Super Saiyan and Akira

December 27th – Evangelion 1.11 and Evangelion 2.22

Summer Wars is excellent. Director Mamoru Hosoda is right up there with Satoshi Kon and Hayao Miyazaki in terms of creative brilliance. Hosoda's films: The Girl Who Leapt Through Time (2006), Summer Wars (2009), and Wolf Children (2012)

I'm looking forward to the Fullmetal Alchemist movie (haven't seen it) and Akira and Eva are great. Never seen Broly, but if it is like other DBZ movies, it looks to be the weakest in the lineup.

I'm just glad One Piece finally got out of Robin's flashback to Ohara and we can get on through Enies Lobby. I need to see some Franky action, dammit!

I'm just glad One Piece finally got out of Robin's flashback to Ohara and we can get on through Enies Lobby. I need to see some Franky action, dammit!

I really hate to do this, but...........Franky action will still be on hold for quite a while. Instead of going back into the main story, we're actually getting five recap episodes in a row covering Luffy, Zoro/Usopp, Nami, Sanji/Chopper, and Robin's pasts - unless Toonami decides to skip past them and head directly to episode 284, that is.

THEY'RE NOT SKIPPING THE ONE PIECE FILLER
WE ARE LOOKING AT THREE MONTHS OF FLASHBACK CLIPSHOW EPISODES GENTLEMEN.

I always wondered how filler ever escapes Japan. I imagine some manager at the dubbing company looked at the episode list and only could see dollar signs at the idea of "more episodes = more DVDs = more sales." No concern for quality or fan interest. Then when it gets to TV they are like "Well, we dubbed it, so you gotta show it."

I mean, filler killed the first Naruto series. The title "Naruto Shippuden" was invented to convince people to come back, that the anime was back on track with the manga.

Since One Piece filler is awful and should be avoided, it is like Toonami should anticipate plummeting ratings.

I always wondered how filler ever escapes Japan. I imagine some manager at the dubbing company looked at the episode list and only could see dollar signs at the idea of "more episodes = more DVDs = more sales." No concern for quality or fan interest. Then when it gets to TV they are like "Well, we dubbed it, so you gotta show it."

I mean, filler killed the first Naruto series. The title "Naruto Shippuden" was invented to convince people to come back, that the anime was back on track with the manga.

Since One Piece filler is awful and should be avoided, it is like Toonami should anticipate plummeting ratings.
At least Kai removes a good chunk of DBZ filler

toonami has a new schedule once january gets here (source is toonami's tumblr)

11:30 - Attack on Titan
12:00 - DBZ Kai
12:30 - Naruto Shippuden
01:00 - Inuyasha Final Act
01:30 - One Piece
02:00 - Gurren Lagann
02:30 - Deadman Wonderland
03:00 - Bleach
03:30 - Space Dandy
04:00 - Cowboy Bebop (starting with eps 1, HD)
04:30 - Ghost in the Shell 2nd Gig
05:00 - IGPX
05:30 - Samurai Jack

Deadman coming back?! WHAAAA?

Sure why not?
Which reminds me, how was the ending of the manga? Any good?

oh hey, IGPX. :) I really like that series. can't wait to watch it again.

Akira is on tonight at 1:30 AM EST.
Awesome.

So yeah as one of the first few posts since OT/MM Cafe reopened....

Kill la kill was confirmed for Toonami which I spit my drink when I first heard.

I'm gonna rewatch it when it airs, now in english.

I've heard very good things about the dub. Looking forward to rewatching it in english too.

Interested to know if they will censor the mom bath scene and other moments. They previously sounded pessimistic about the idea of KLK on Toonami saying something along the lines of it being a disappointment. Maybe they got an OK from the higher ups to allow it with acceptable minimum of censor if anything?

So yeah as one of the first few posts since OT/MM Cafe reopened....

Kill la kill was confirmed for Toonami which I spit my drink when I first heard.

I knew it was inevitable. KNEW IT. Hoping the english dub is good.

I knew it was inevitable. KNEW IT. Hoping the english dub is good.
Here is the cast list if you don't know yet.
CAST (Japanese/English)

Ryuko Matoi: Ami Koshimizu / Erica Mendez

Senketsu: Toshihiko Seki / David Vincent

Satsuki Kiryuin: Ryoka Yuzuki / Carrie Keranen

Mako Mankanshoku: Aya Suzaki / Christine Marie Cabanos

Aikuro Mikisugi: Shinichiro Miki / Matt Mercer

Tsumugu Kinagase: Katsuyuki Konishi / Kaiji Tang

Nui Harime: Yukari Tamura / Stephanie Sheh

Ragyo Kiryuin: Park Romi / Laura Post

Ira Gamagoori: Tetsu Inada / Patrick Seitz

Uzu Sanageyama: Nobuyuki Hiyama / Grant George

Nonon Jakuzure: Mayumi Shintani / Sarah Anne Williams