• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Toonami Thread

it's still incest if it's cousins, man

My point still stands, that wasn't incest. They barely did nothing of that sort. It was just Leafa crying over how she fell in love with someone she didn't know was her brother as well as her going through a phase.

Again, I CAN show you some DRRRX2 stuff that shows what true incest is if you push me to.

My point still stands, that wasn't incest. They barely did nothing of that sort. It was just Leafa crying over how she fell in love with someone she didn't know was her brother as well as her going through a phase.

Just because she didn't fuck him doesn't make it not creepy, and I don't like it because it's really creeps for no real reason.

look bro i watch DRRR
everyone in that show is fucked up
incest twins ain't shit in that kind of setting. It's even expected, honestly.
If you have a series where being fucked up isn't normal and then have someone be fucked up, it stands out
especially when it's a teenage girl having incestuous feelings for her brother that probably only exists so that the author could get his imouto fetish rocks off
in short
fuck SAO

Speaking of DRRR.

They should totally rerun it. It's a good show.

Michelle Ruff [as you may know voiced Eliza and loads of other roles] is voicing Sinon.

How the fuck the KlK Dub is so good is beyond me.
Everything's so good.
It is surprisingly spot on.

look bro i watch DRRR
everyone in that show is fucked up
incest twins ain't shit in that kind of setting. It's even expected, honestly.
If you have a series where being fucked up isn't normal and then have someone be fucked up, it stands out
especially when it's a teenage girl having incestuous feelings for her brother that probably only exists so that the author could get his imouto fetish rocks off
in short
fuck SAO

Well that's your problem. I don't see it as incest unless they're actual siblings and they actually kiss or admit they're in love. The closest Leafa and Kirito do is hug and that's more in line w/ them being family if anything. And by Season 2 Leafa hasn't done anything to imply that she still has those feelings. I saw her as more confused than in love.

And no, everyone being fucked up in DRR does not excuse Izaya's sisters. They're still far more disturbing than this.

See this is the real reason I can't stand SAO's haters: they over-exaggerate how bad it's bad parts really are and I consider that false advertising. That and they're assholes. So in short, right back at you buddy.

Better yet
get on top of dubbing the new season

That's only aired 6 episodes in Japan! Way to early to be dubbing that.

eh
i generally consider people that put down a series for being gross and stupid are more tolerable than blind fans that completely downplay any flaws that a series might have.
being a dick is better than defending something like thinly-veiled sexism or imperialism apologia or what have you, in my book

I'm not saying the series doesn't have flaws. I'm just saying THAT is not one of them because THERE IS NO INCEST!

Makes me think that if people discover stuff like Kiss x Sis, Aki No Sora, Monogatari, or even Ore-no-Imouto it would horrify some people. I personally didn't get much "incest" vibe from the token imouto of SAO. It was pretty tame all things considered. I know for sure the MC gives zero shits about her romantically. I was too busy looking at Asuna being harassed by tentacle perverts or Asuna being licked all over the face by an old dude to even care. Kind of overshadowed any mild implied 'incest' moments.
mahouka-bejo-2.jpg
^ Now This is a much more blatant recent example of someone that won't hesitate to cross the 'incest' border if given the slightest chance.

Pretty sure Toonami/AS had shows with way more serious 'incest' moments in the past, but my memory is hazy atm. Note I don't care about 'incest' in anime either way since that is usually an afterthought for me if the anime isn't about blatant incest. Either way S2 axes Leafa screentime anyway so your more likely gonna see other kinds of pandering instead. Hooray.

Reactions: LordTerminal
Makes me think that if people discover stuff like Kiss x Sis, Aki No Sora, or even Ore-no-Imouto it would horrify some people. I personally didn't get much "incest" vibe from the token imouto of SAO. It was pretty tame all things considered. I know for sure the MC gives zero shits about her romantically. I was too busy looking at Asuna being harassed by tentacle perverts or Asuna being licked all over the face by an old dude to even care. Kind of overshadowed any mild implied 'incest' moments.
mahouka-bejo-2.jpg
^ Now This is a much more blatant recent example of someone that won't hesitate to cross the 'incest' border if given the slightest chance.

Pretty sure Toonami/AS had shows with way more serious 'incest' moments in the past, but my memory is hazy atm. Note I don't care about 'incest' in anime either way since that is usually an afterthought for me. Either way S2 axes Leafa screentime anyway so your more likely gonna see other kinds of pandering instead.

Say what you wan't about shows like KissxSis (Thank you, I will; they're creepy and bad), at least they can admit it. And yeah, there's way creepier shit in SAO then the bro/sis love, but on the other hand: there's way creepier shit in SAO then the bro/sis love. That just happens to be what we're talking about.

Honestly, it's not even the creep that turns me off SAO, I just think that the writing is bland and the characters suck, and that the premise has been done before, and way better, but then the show goes and does something weird and gross for no real reason, and it just feels insulting. It's like smelling rancid meat, and then someone shovels manure on top of it. Like, it smelled bad before, but now it's just getting ridiculous.

TL;DR SAO is bad for reasons other than creep, but the creep don't help no one.

Last edited:
Reactions: BeatNinja
Except the "creep" stuff in question [the "incest"] for SAO specifically I wouldn't even call it that. If anything it's just another token bro complex imouto figure that is a common sight in harem anime. Incest is something entirely different. You can't be serious saying that Leafa is at Kiss x SiS level? Leafa wouldn't land in anybodies memorable top 10 anime incest characters because she is waaaay~ too mild for that.

That is fine that you dislike SAO for other reasons like bad writing, characters, whatever pick your poison, but at least pick the right reasons to hate the show. You can still hate Leafa for whatever reason [I don't like her for other reasons], but incest isn't one of them. The term you might be looking for she is annoyingly clingy with confused emotions about her brother/cousin/whatever since he was in a coma state.

I'm not even defending SAO as a show since I consider it a pretty average show at best that is overhyped because of the premise and Gary Stu harem protagonist, but not as far as a kuso as what some people would make one to believe.

tldr: Many legitimate reasons to hate the show, but the 'incest' is hardly one of them unless your trying especially hard to find faults.

Reactions: BallotBoxer
Except the "creep" stuff in question [the "incest"] for SAO specifically I wouldn't even call it that. If anything it's just another token bro complex imouto figure that is a common sight in harem anime. Incest is something entirely different. You can't be serious saying that Leafa is at Kiss x SiS level? Leafa wouldn't land in anybodies memorable top 10 anime incest characters because she is waaaay~ too mild for that.

That is fine that you dislike SAO for other reasons like bad writing, characters, whatever pick your poison, but at least pick the right reasons to hate the show. You can still hate Leafa for whatever reason [I don't like her for other reasons], but incest isn't one of them. The term you might be looking for she is annoyingly clingy with confused emotions about her brother/cousin/whatever since he was in a coma state.

I'm not even defending SAO as a show since I consider it a pretty average show at best that is overhyped because of the premise and Gary Stu harem protagonist, but not as far as a kuso as what some people would make one to believe.

tldr: Many legitimate reasons to hate the show, but the 'incest' is hardly one of them unless your trying especially hard to find faults.

No, no, nothing in SAO is near some of the shit I've seen. My point was just that, when the show is called KISS X SIS, and the design doc is 'horny chicks try to bang brother', I can go into it a little more... prepared (? I guess that would be the word), where as in a show called Sword Art Online, where the design doc is 'people trapped in MMO must fight for their lives', I kinda get blindsided by the (Mostly pointless) tentacle weirdness and face licking and harems. The actual Leafa plot line is fairly tame, as you say, but when combined with the rest of the show, it makes it feel worse than it probably is, and even though it probably has the most actual bearing to plot and character development out of all the creepier bits of SAO, I can't help but wonder what the writers were actually thinking when making it.

Honestly, it's not even the creep that turns me off SAO, I just think that the writing is bland and the characters suck, and that the premise has been done before, and way better, but then the show goes and does something weird and gross for no real reason, and it just feels insulting. It's like smelling rancid meat, and then someone shovels manure on top of it. Like, it smelled bad before, but know it's just getting ridiculous.

TL;DR SAO is bad for reasons other than creep, but the creep don't help no one.

I blame that more on Aniplex condensing moments into single episodes more than the source material. You're supposed to change things in an adaptation anyway and instead they just made an animated cliff's notes.

Season 2 is better about that as well as some of the other faults, not that it doesn't still have plenty of it's own problems but it's still far better than what Season 1 was.

Reactions: Denizen
today on toonami: klk episode 3

it was pretty hype

Just how much sugar/caffeine does Christine Cabanos have to consume in before recording in order to pull off Mako so effectively.
I mean just look at what she's working with:
Ph8zlml.gif

did they add IGPX to the lineup or not yet?

haven't been able to sit down and set my toonami recordings.

important thing to note:

this week's KLK is episode 4. yeah. it's THAT episode.

important thing to note:

this week's KLK is episode 4. yeah. it's THAT episode.
There's a lot of THAT episode in KLK, you know :p

man, I hate how they can't pick up any Gundams....

yeah it's kinda dick how they can't get one of the shows that really made Toonami what it was

Reactions: HeadcrabNinja
As long as they stay away from Sailor Moon Crystal, I'll be fine. I recall this tweet from Persona last July:
gXDv3Mg.jpg

GUYS this is literally a frame from the new Sailor Moon anime. I had to step through the opening and see for myself

As long as they stay away from Sailor Moon Crystal, I'll be fine. I recall this tweet from Persona last July:

GUYS this is literally a frame from the new Sailor Moon anime. I had to step through the opening and see for myself
a frame in the OPENING. I don't really remember seeing anything of that magnitude while watching the anime that comes after the opening.

Space Dandy may be off the air, but he's always got a place in our hearts...

Or in this TV commercial promoting the first season on Blu Ray and DVD on Toonami:

Good thing my friend and I had to actually sit and watch Toonami last Saturday otherwise we might not have caught this while fast-forwarding.

you know a show has no budget if the opening looks like shit
that or they just don't care about the opening as much as the rest of the show.

bro it's modern anime
they're gonna care about the opening
literally the only show i've seen recently that did not give a fuck about the opening was G-Reco
also, you can't judge an anime based on the opening. There's plenty of shit anime where the opening is amazing, but the anime itself is terrible. Gantz for example.