• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Video Game Characters You HATE

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's great to see some mentions of ZSS here. I don't know if my dislike of ZSS is the same as for idiots like Bowser Jr., but I definitely hate how Nintendo has been slowly turning her into a busty Peach in blue tights. With each game she's becoming softer, shorter, thinner, and just a shadow of her former self. I didn't mind that Zero Mission came up with something better than a bikini for her, but now it's really getting out of hand.

Personally, I think if Retro had been allowed to create the Zero Suit, using Samus's Super/Fusion body-types as a blueprint, we would have gotten something much better for the proceeding games. Their suit dissection concepts in Metroid Prime were very impressive, and showed a lot of respect for the character and the source material. In fact, I'd be happy if they just ran with the entire franchise from here on out.

Definitely agree with all of this. It's just a dang shame that the current ZSS will probably stay for a long time, because sex sells, and lots of people love ZSS... Would be perfect if Retro got back on Metroid, wouldn't mind a reboot as they could do some great things.

And I don't mind the Zero Suit in theory, as it's a common trope for Sci-fi where the characters wear skin tight suits under their armor or mecha's, as the suits usually have healing factors or sensors and whatnot to assist the character. It would be right for Samus to be wearing such a suit under the armor- but they only use it for fanservice shots, like squire said, the butt shots in Zero Mission were just out there. They literally use it because they can render her as if she's naked, but just removing the privates. No respect for the character.

Reactions: KaboomKid
@RetroStation how can you hate Handsome Jack? :PUN:

I suddenly remembered Ming Xiao (Vampire Bloodlines). What an annoying bastard, I truly hate her. The game is fucking awesome btw.

@RetroStation how can you hate Handsome Jack? :PUN:
HE FUCKING KILLED BLOODWING AND ROLAND. FUCK THAT.

I just remembered: Fuuuuuck Malcolm in Unreal Tournament 3.... Fuckin' prick.

Reactions: Caleb
I don't really have any video game characters I hate.
Then I remembered this guy
spyroegg.jpg

Then I remembered this guy
What is that? I vaguely remember it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Then I remembered this guy.
Please tell me you're referring to the blue bandit and not the adorable little dragon tyke.

While we're on Spyro... Who remembers THIS asshole?
Now he can go rot in a ditch somewhere.

What is that? I vaguely remember it.
He's the annoying little bandit that you have to chase to recover dragon eggs. you can never catch him and he mocks you with this laugh:
Please tell me you're referring to the blue bandit and not the adorable little dragon tyke.
The bandit, of course. I will never hate Spyro. Unless he gets a redesign

What? Oh, no, you can't mean all of them, can you?

OK, maybe not Larxene, she's probably the least worst of the bunch, but definitely Xion. She made the story more confusing and I still don't know what the hell her deal was.

And it probably didn't matter anyway because she got wiped from history or something? I dunno.

While we're on Spyro... Who remembers THIS asshole?
Oh man, that moment in Spyro 3 where you chase him around, roast his ass, and take back EVERY SINGLE gem he conned you out of was SOOO satisfying. Ahhh the memories

Probably just because this is on a fighting game forum, but the first one to come into my mind was SFIV's Abel. Fuuuuuuuuuuuck Abel.

Seth is probably up there too.

Reactions: Zidiane
Marduk from tekken, i don't mind the playstyle it's just that one scene with anna
Oh and laura from silent hill 2 god damn rude ass child leaving you to die like 5 times

Reactions: Zidiane
lollipop-chainsaw-wallpaper-games-backgrounds-game0-img220497.jpg
B*tch

PS: Have you ever seen logo of Lollipop Chainsaw? Wow...

APBLollipopChainsawLogo.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Babywhoah
The bandit, of course. I will never hate Spyro. Unless he gets a redesign

I hope this isn't new information for you... as it is heartbreaking.
skylanders-spyro1_1828939b.jpg
Spyro was over after Insomniac moved on to Ratchet and Clank. We know that, but do you have to disgrace his memory so thoroughly, Activision?
BullyOBS1--article_image.jpg
I am still outraged that they even made this game.
Sonic_2006_pose.png
You're just too far gone, kid. There's no coming back for you.

Last edited:
Hakumen/Jin Kisaragi (Blazblue): Starting from CT I've always hated EVERYTHING about this character. I could go into thick detail but I'd rather not overdo it, instead I'll just bullet point it. (Also yes I'm counting them as one person)

• Has an arrogant, nigh-unchanging prick-like personality.

• I've always had a severe hatred of characters who wield a sword larger then they are

• He's killed off one of the only characters I like in that series. He has earned my hatred.

Edge Maverick (Star Ocean 4): He is hands down one of the worst JRPG leads I have ever had the displeasure of putting up with. I gave up on SO4 after Roak because of his whining

Dishonorable mentions go to: Guile (Street Fighter), Kyo (King of Fighters) , nearly any character who wields an incredibly large sword and more than half the cast of Blazblue.

Last edited:
Hate is a strong word, but I will say I did not like Sodia from Tales of Vesperia. She believes that Yuri is not worthy of being associated with Flynn. I know that Yuri is a vigilante who does not play by the rules and all but...
There is a scene where after defeating Alexei where she stabbed Yuri. Yuri's friends were worried sick about him not realizing that Sodia injured him. Even though she is horrified with what she done and Yuri decided not to tell, it felt like she got off with a slap on the wrist.
I get the hate for Sodia, lots of people don't like her, but I can at least appreciate that she was the one character that actually treated Yuri like the criminal he was.

Marduk from tekken, i don't mind the playstyle it's just that one scene with anna
Oh wow. That's fucked up.

Then again, you go around fist fighting big burly men in secluded caves filed with treasure dressed like that, and what'd ya think was gonna happen? Doesn't justify it, but come on Anna, a bit of common sense.

Reactions: agent13
Is it ok if we list Pokemon too? Two in particular came to my mind?

Is it ok if we list Pokemon too? Two in particular came to my mind?
If it's a character in a video game, shoot.

Also, anyone notice Whismur's butthole in XY? Why does it have a gaping butthole?

If it's a character in a video game, shoot.

Also, anyone notice Whismur's butthole in XY? Why does it have a gaping butthole?

Well okay here goes then.

The first of the two pokemon I'm growing a large dislike towards is Lucario. Something about it feels incredibly forced to me. It doesn't help that it is promoted around at borderline mascot levels. It gets a movie, a mega evolution, a roster spot in Smash Bros and to top it all off players are given a free one in X and Y. It just feels so forced to be cool to me, does anyone else feel this way?

The other pokemon that quickly got on my bad side was Talonflame. It has a stupid name, is a final evolution of a starting route bird and it hits like military grade weaponry. The only redeeming quality to this gaudy red buzzard is that it made me realize how much I like Carbink.

Also thanks I cannot unsee Whismur's anus now.

I don't care much for mc of final fantasy...any of them

Kratos. Fucking Kratos is the most juvenile wish-fulfillment bullshit ever. His entire characterization is that he's some big cool edgy macho badass who scores with all the hot babes, and they expect you to take him seriously even though he's the self-insert fanfic character we all created when we were 14.

Fi_Artwork.png
This bitch. This stupid bitch. Now I don't really blame Nintendo for being dry on a good partner character idea after Midna. I can even look past how boring and useless I found this character throughout the entire game. But no, the biggest thing that pisses me off more than anything about her is wasted potential. Throughout the whole game she's just an emotionless info-reader that spouts percentile data at you, and at literally... and I mean LITERALLY the last minute of the game she says some half-assed bullshit to try to make you sad and her character seem tragic. And for me it abysmally failed in attempting to make me care. Y'know what would've made me care? Maybe have her slowly develop emotions throughout the story! Maybe drop some loose foreshadowing about her being afraid of becoming inactive when her job is over! Maybe make some fucking reason why I should care about this stupid thing! I mean fuck, I'd rather take an annoying fairy over an emotionless machine.
Quoted For Truth.

Let me go ahead and throw on Kersti (PM:SS) for kicking Navi off of second place for worst companion ever, as well.

General archetypes I hate:

- The plague of middle-aged white male protagonists with shaved heads in modern gaming. They all look the same, they all feel the same.

- Heroes that are overtly cold towards any and all would-be companions on their journey. Lone heroes that have no potential to make allies are fine; but if the opportunity presents itself and the hero is callous and unreceptive, I don't like that. If a person was willing to risk their lives to assist me and could do something—anything—right, I would snatch them up in a heartbeat. No form of pride or arrogance would stop me.

Last edited:
Stupid NDC pressure
ezure9un.jpg

Stupid top tier
4urybyme.jpg

Personally I've never liked Sonic in the slightest. When he was announced for Brawl back in 2007(?) it seemed I was the only one not crashing the internet with my hype.

I actually believe most of my hated characters are from tekken....Christie monterino, too damn thursty
She wants the eh-dddddddddd

Reactions: jam1220 and Dagwood
Well okay here goes then.

The first of the two pokemon I'm growing a large dislike towards is Lucario. Something about it feels incredibly forced to me. It doesn't help that it is promoted around at borderline mascot levels. It gets a movie, a mega evolution, a roster spot in Smash Bros and to top it all off players are given a free one in X and Y. It just feels so forced to be cool to me, does anyone else feel this way?

The other pokemon that quickly got on my bad side was Talonflame. It has a stupid name, is a final evolution of a starting route bird and it hits like military grade weaponry. The only redeeming quality to this gaudy red buzzard is that it made me realize how much I like Carbink.

Also thanks I cannot unsee Whismur's anus now.
At least you didn't say vanilluxe or weezing
Bt_canary_mary.png
Dick took an hour away from 3 men last summer for one of cheato's pages

ngbbs4807d690ce2c2.gif

He upsets me. So much. I don't know why, but he does. The first time I saw Guilty Gear it was a match between two of these guys, and that's probably why I never played Guilty Gear. I can't even really pin point what it is, because it's everything. His movement, the noises, the thing on his head, all the random weird ass things he does, it all upsets me deeply somehow.

Anyway, I have several others, but I actively try not to keep things I hate at the forefront of my mind, so I don't remember right this second. But you guys too, if it's a character in a fighting game, or not, because of their personality, because of their voice actor, because of their story or relevance to the games story, whatever. Let's bash on some fictional characters! *Also people who like those characters can totally defend them, you have my permission*

WTF Zid. This post upsets me. Faust is like the coolest character ever he's hilarious. I say you give him another chance

T.Hawk from Street Fighter.

Billy from Resident Evil 0.

Tidus from Final Fantasy X.

These are my top hates I think. Here are some other characters I really dislike and can't connect with them at all too:

Squall (FFVIII), Van (FFXII), Ditzy-cutesy girl with no purpose (I'm ok with well developed ditzy-cutesy), Yuna (FFX-2), Everyone in FFXIII, Stanley (Skullgirls, he doesn't appeal me at all), Gabriel (from Lords of Shadow, also, 90% of that series too, I want old CV back.), post Code Veronica characters... there are probably more, but meh.

WTF Zid. This post upsets me. Faust is like the coolest character ever he's hilarious. I say you give him another chance
Request denied. I'll get GG:Xrd maybe if it has Jam, and maybe I'll learn to tolerate Faust by extension of loving the game. But that's as far as I'll go.

I-no from Guilty Gear.

I just hate her guts (as a person, not gameplay-wise). Can't even precise why, but it could be connected with the traume she gave me as boss in my early days, even though I enjoy fighting her currently. She was the only character I didn't play AT ALL in GGXX beside things that I needed for 100% completion.

The up-side is that I enjoy beating her up twice as much as other characters.

Ange.jpg

0.jpg

Gak_maria.jpg

500px-ZAX-JohnHenryEden.jpg

Mask_of_Infamy_..png
If you're curious about Danica's appearance it's because she gave them most of their budget. More or less sponsorship or something, but I won't lie, I play as her a lot.

I hope this isn't new information for you... as it is heartbreaking.
skylanders-spyro1_1828939b.jpg
Spyro was over after Insomniac moved on to Ratchet and Clank. We know that, but do you have to disgrace his memory so thoroughly, Activision?
It's not too different from the original, but....why? Just why?

I don't hate jam but I don't like her. too many streams I get my heart hurt cause they say I love jam and I'm like :D but then they like not you jam and I'm like :c

Reactions: RetroStation
Status
Not open for further replies.