• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Video Game Characters You HATE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not too different? Dude, the difference between Insomniac Spyro and Activision Spyro is criminal.
I meant they kept the body and the colors. It looks like they just changed his face and added more spikes, I think. I was expecting much worse, though

Old Spyro
0-spyro-pose-1%255B1%255D.gif

New Spyro
skylanders_spyro_magic_element.png

They changed his physical appearance to the point where he's almost unrecognizable in some angles. It's as bad as what was done to Crash (HE DID NOT NEED TATTOOS).

If I made an entire list of the characters I hate and reasons why. There would be a large wall of text.

I hate Peacock and I hate people who loves Peacock because they are probably idiots like she is.
All I have to say. Have a nice day. :)

What an idiot. You might dislike Peacock, but why do you have to insult those who likes her?

Ange.jpg
At least she had some redeaming qualities. . . unlike ms. Pirate Detective Ninja Witch Rapist

skylanders_spyro_magic_element.png
I think a friend of mine said it best, in that Activision Spyro looks like a deformed rat with wings and a pimple for a face.

he looks like an actual dragon and not a dreamworks movie poster

Next in line-
Those bastards in Roller Coaster Tycoon that left stinkbombs that drove away customers.

he looks like an actual dragon and not a dreamworks movie poster
I like the "Dreamworks Movie" version better; it's just what I grew up on. I don't think I would've liked Spyro that much if he had that look since the beginning.

gallery002.jpg

This, I can accept; it's just giving the original look the HD treatment with scales and stuff, but his face is the same overall.

Reactions: Agent York
guys, skylanders spyro is fine. all they did was change his skull and horn position. and if you realize how hard it to make molds of the skylanders its understandable that they werent able to probably mold original spyro in that same style. also, it means every skylanders spyro you buy, its going to be legit. no was yo make fakes of those figures.

Last edited:
Reactions: EA575
remember when felicia became a nun
i remember when felicia became a nun
i don't think capcom remembers when felicia became a nun

Wait, she actually became a nun? I thought the outfit was just cause she was raised in a religious orphanage?

EDIT: Welp, I had to look. One of her endings did indeed end with her becoming a nun

Ok, going to post my list. If some (if not all) of these have been mentioned here before, it just goes to show how much hate they disserve:
Hazama
Hazama_%28Chronophantasma%2C_Character_Select_Artwork%29.png

Any one who has played a BlazBlue game probably has Hazama (aka Yuki Terumi, Trollzama, and his newest alias Chinzama) high up on the hate list. Personality, douche. AI controlled play style, MAJOR DICK!!! He is the sole reason that I shamefully can not beat Continuum Shift (any version) above beginner mode with the stylish layout.
Penelope
Sly_Cooper-Penelope_Image.jpg

Needless to say, the events of Thieves in Time have soured my tolerance for this character. That may actually be a sign of good story telling in the long run how ever. But for the foreseeable future, I'm going to have a hard time playing Honor Among Thieves again. It just makes it feel so pointless.
Count Veger
Count_Veger.png

Count Veger (or Vulgar, or Vegan, or Vulture etc.) is easily one of the two most hated Jak & Daxter characters for me. Self righteous, egotistical, possessor of a Holier Than Thou attitude, and not above sacrificing countless lives to get what he wants. At least Baron Praxis had some vague sense of honor. Do I even need to bring up the part where he rubs his personal knowledge of Jak's heritage in his face right after Damas' death?
Krew
Krew.png

...And here's the second Jak & Daxter character I hate. The fact that he was willing to sell out all of Haven city is proof alone how much of a scumbag he is. I'm glad I was able to blow him up in Jak II.

And now the one I'll probably get the most hate directed at me for...

Eliza
SG_DLC_Eliza.jpg

I'm just gonna say this now, she's not on here because she beat out all of my personal top five in the voting. She's on here because to me she's just Valentine with a different haircut, different outfit, a tan, and a modified move of Double's as her gimmick. Quite frankly, when she's released I'm only going to select her once so I can play her story mode and then never choose her again.

Well, that's kinda all I have for now. I may try to add some later if I run into any other characters that make my blood boil.

Last edited:
Well here I go...I must warn you there are a lot of them...and more !

And pretty much all Soul Calibur V characters

And Oni and Sakura and Evil Ryu...pretty much all Ryu clones

hate the game too

Hating a Belmont automatically makes you a terrible person.

I mean he's a damn holy man. A manly holy man. Who fights monsters. You don't like that? Maybe you should move to communist Russia and start practicing Satanism you godless blasphemer.

It's not a fighting game character... but...

God, I hate Alyx from the Half-Life 2 games.

I'll just copy-paste what I said on another forum about her years ago, since it still applies.

She's by far the most pandering female character I've ever seen in a game: "oh, nerdy guy, the way you walked down that hallway and triggered that scripted sequence was soooo awesome, let me fawn over you for your amazing powers.". What a cynical ploy -- and that's coming from a guy who goes by the name Cynical! I can see the meetings at Valve right now: "So, how can we get nerds to like our new game even more? Well, most of our target audience isn't good with women; let's have a hot chick fawn over them for their sub-mediocre gaming skills! Make sure her figure is athletic and slim but noticeably feminine, and her skin tone darkish- but not too dark, now- to give her appeal across all of the focus groups."

I was so disappointed when I couldn't run her over in the buggy (even if you get the angle and momentum just right so that she can't jump in, she just clips through the hood.) I cheered when she died in EP2, and was so disappointed when she came back to life. I would definitely play a Doom mod that replaced every zombie with Alyx, so I could finally kill her.

God, I hate Alyx.

Chaos Master42 said:
I'm just gonna say this now, she's not on here because she beat out all of my personal top five in the voting. She's on here because to me she's just Valentine with a different haircut, different outfit, a tan, and a modified move of Double's as her gimmick. Quite frankly, when she's released I'm only going to select her once so I can play her story mode and then never choose her again.
Curious. How do you feel about Fukua?

Hating a Belmont automatically makes you a terrible person.

I mean he's a damn holy man. A manly holy man. Who fights monsters. You don't like that? Maybe you should move to communist Russia and start practicing Satanism you godless blasphemer.

Well maybe I shouldn't have put him in my list. The thing I don't really like about him is his design..this blue outfit just doesn't do very "Vampire Hunter" like and it screams "Hit me !". "Hate" might be too strong for him. I like the game where he is coming from (as well as Symphony of the Night). I just don't like the character.

and a modified move of Double's as her gimmick.

Two entirely new move sets are just a modified move of Double? Huh?

I mean come on, Double doesn't even really transform. It's just an aesthetic gimmick. If Double could actually assume different stances or be locked into different fighting modes with a move, okay maybe you'd have a point.

Last edited:
Well maybe I shouldn't have put him in my list. The thing I don't really like about him is his design..this blue outfit just doesn't do very "Vampire Hunter" like and it screams "Hit me !". "Hate" might be too strong for him. I like the game where he is coming from (as well as Symphony of the Night). I just don't like the character.
We actually have a thread for simply not liking characters, ironically.

Ayumi was the worst character in corpse party. . .stupid jealous girl types

Let's not forget Yuka the queen of being annoying.

sofia-lamb-bioshock-2-artwork.jpg

I hate her for all the reasons the game wanted me to hate her. What a terrible person.

Reactions: Broseidon Rex
Actually I got a new one. It's a very minor NPC though. In Lightning Returns, the bard in Old Town of North Luxerion near the forge. Fuck that guy. Forces me to listen to an incredibly shitty song EVERY single time I go to upgrade equipment or synthesize abilities.

Reactions: thepaintrain8465
Oh man can I agree with some of these Axhell

Patroklos
"AHHH!! A malfested! I'll take care of you!". The Lowenthal ham is strong with this one. Never played SC5, but any scene with this dunce is simultaneously the best and worst thing.

Rise Kujikawa
*sigh* Rise, Rise, Rise. I don't hate her per-say, but her constantly hounding me for my dick despite my best efforts to turn her away, ntm already having a girlfriend in the game, did not let me warm up to her very well. The real question is, would you rather deal with her grating personality, or Fuuka's (from Persona 3) incredibly wooden voice acting, which comes dangerously close to Other M levels at times?

Jasper Batt Jr
JASPAR!!! *throws wii remote*

Last edited:
Ayumi was the worst character in corpse party. . .stupid jealous girl types
It's not really her jalousy that made me hate her. It's her behavior towards Yoshiki Kishinuma.
I mean...if this awesome guy wasn't there, this b*tch would have horribly died ! And she never thanks him, she just yells at him and bashes him with her love for Satochi.
And when Yoshiki confesses his love for her, she just yells at him. Seriously, if there's one character that should have really died in Corpse Party, it's her.

And Agent York, I think I am the only one in this entire world that loves Fuuka voice acting and her personality. And Rise, with her constant love for your dick and always stating the obvious and having absolutely no good lines whatsoever, makes you go through an annoying epileptic and with a ear-wretching muisc dungeon with an useless boss battle against the UGLIEST thing I have ever seen...sure there are other ugly things in games (like the Mother in Dragon Age) but Shadow Rise...my god...

Also for your problem, just type the character's name without doing any quotes and I think everyone will understand

Laharl and Etna from Disgaea. So much I never even used them in my party.

Also for your problem, just type the character's name without doing any quotes and I think everyone will understand
Thanks. Also I don't have a problem with Fuuka's personality. She's a very sweet and lovable character, in fact probably my favorite female protagonist among the cast. That voice acting tho...

New character ! This asshole !

Tales of the Abyss was..."okay". But it would have been better without this whiny douchebag. Never in my life, have I wanted to Falcon Punch someone so hard just to make him shut up. And that's why I love Jade...or as I like to call him, "Mr.Burn". Because he always finds the right words so that every annoying character in this game shut the hell up, but Luke is the most annoying of them

I agree with Hazama/Terumi being a terrible character. Not even just because he's a douchebag. Terumi's entire presence in the storyline of Blazblue consists of, "I'm objectively evil for no good reason and I laugh a lot". Laziest villain ever conceived, there's zero depth or meaning to any of his actions and nothing he says actually makes any sense. I can forgive Blazblue for relying on worn-out tropes most of the time but Hazama being just a lazily-conceived generic powerful psychopath whose only reason for existing is literally for people to direct hate towards broke the camel's back.

I don't mind a completely psychopathic villain, it can work if some effort is put into it (keyword: effort).

Personally my least favorite BB (note I only played CT and CS) character would have to be Noel. She's like Other M Samus to me in that she's supposed to be the messiah and hero and stuff but doesn't do much to demonstrate that besides being "moe" all the time.

Personally my least favorite BB (note I only played CT and CS) character would have to be Noel. She's like Other M Samus to me in that she's supposed to be the messiah and hero and stuff but doesn't do much to demonstrate that besides being "moe" all the time.
Same here, to the point I thought Mu's destroy all the things "personality" to be much better.

Rufus
And to think we might have gotten a cool sounding character in Black Cobra, until some guy at Capcom went "Hey! Americans don't want a badass breakdancing martial artist, they like humorously overweight annoying characters that never shut up!". It doesn't help that Bob basically does the whole "heavyweight with light movements" thing better, not to mention actually being likable.

I don't like the skullgirls mafia people. Besides being a bunch of butthole they do silly things. Like the whole Squigly thing, you mean to tell me they didn't have anyone working for them who could just sneak into their home while they were asleep and steal the skullheart from them? nope not a one send in Black Dahlia.

(I actually like zangief but this is perfect for this thread)

Mega Man X. He's such an overrated crybaby, it ticks me off to no end that people constantly demand his return. Same goes for Sigma, what a lame villain.

In fighting games, I guess I hate Gambit (Marvel), Sean (Street Fighter 3) and Kintaro (MK2).

Usually I just sort of ignore characters I don't like, but these choices just rub me the wrong way.

Status
Not open for further replies.