• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Where's the Twerk in here? FukuaTwerkTeam learns a lesson in git gud

Fukua

Table of Contents

· General Overview/History

· Normals

· Special moves

· Supers

o Go-to-moves

· Gameplan/neutral

· Combos

· Resets

· Team viability

· General Overview/History

Fukua came into the existence of skullgirls in only three days! It all started after the release of decapre, which made many fans of street fighter outraged about the hype for a seemingly clone version of cammy. In response to that incident, MikeZ decided to take the leftover code from the alpha version of skullgirls and decided to use filia’s model to create a new character. Upon April Fools, Fukua was announced as a new character for skullgirls and not only that, Fukua was also available for people that had the Skullgirls endless beta on steam. The reception for fukua was mixed as some thought that Fukua was made with the IGG’s funds when in reality MikeZ made the character by himself and reused frames from filia’s moveset to make the character. In the end it was up to the community as to whether Fukua could stay in the game permanently. In the end after many changes to Fukua she is here to stay in the Skullgirls roster.

Normals

· S LP

S. Lp is mainly a combo filler its also short. While it may be a mid attack, its also 5 frames, which is the fastest jab in the game. So if you find something a bit hard to punish this will be the normal to punish.

Special notes: Its low hitstun and 0f advantage allows for resets regarding tick throws. Its also a very short normal like filia’s.

· S MP

S. Mp is 10 and on block is -4. Its reach is decent. This is also mostly used in combos fillers only.

Special note: The hitstun allows comboing into L shadow. It can allow a throw reset though its not recommended. It can allow for shadow resets as well. Fukua’s S mp is 3 frames faster than filia’s(13f) but filia gains 8f advantage on block and 5f on advantage than fukua (3f)

· S HP

This normal is your normal launcher. Unlike filia, Fukua’s launcher on block is -11 while filia’s is -4. This normal will be your important move for transitioning to combos. Seldom it will be used to anti air because of its hitbox size.

S LK

S. Lk is a normal that looks like filia’s but here’s the interesting part. It can be chained twice into either another S. Lk or C. Lk.

Special note: S. Lk’s hitstun allows combo into L shadow.

· S MK

S. Mk is the most important move for fukua. It is her literal confirm off of an hit from any light normal as it moves her forward (unlike filia’s) allowing combo conversion from nearly any situation. Also note that by moving her forward it can also save OTG for corner combo.

· S HK

· C LK

A 7f low that can be chained twice like Fukua’s S. Lk. Pretty much is your poke for finding a hit. Its frame advantage also allows tick throws.

· C MK

A 10f Multi hit low that unlike filia’s it’s now 3 hits. This move vacuums the opponent in which allows for some combo routes.

· C HK

Like filia’s its your 12f typical sweep. It can low profile under certain jumps ins and projectiles.

· C LP

Pretty much the same as Filia’s C. Lp. It allows for tick throws and is mostly a tool for combo filler. It is 6f so if you ever wanted to press a button. Press this one first!

· C MP

C. Mp is another important normal of fukua’s. Unlike filia’s, its 9 frames and not only that. Instead of launching them away it launches to fukua. This allows reset opportunities along with combos. It also can low profile as well as anti-air IAD attacks.

Special note: on block its -2 and filia’s C. Mp is -23 on block

· C HP

This normal is important in terms of combos and the fact that it low profiles and has the hitbox over a wide arc like in this picture.

Special note: at close range fukua can combo C. hp into L shadow.

http://skullgirls.com/forums/index.php?threads/fukuas-hitboxes.4267/ < for hitbox of normals.

Reactions: CaioLugon
· J LK

Ok I’ll be the first to say this. Without the airdash fukua’s air normal SEEM like they do not carry any particular weight to them.

Anyways J. Lk is the only move to hit upward so if by chance the opponent is higher than you then use it. It is 7frames.

· J LP

A completely underused move. While the active frames aren’t spectacular its 7frame like J Lk and its hitbox is pretty decent enough to challenge anyone in the air with this move.

· J MP

A 11F move that’s a multi-hit like Filia’s. Mainly used for combos and what not. Barely used in neutral though it can be used in

· J MK

A 10F move that allows reset potential. Mostly used while coming down after a fireball when you superjump

· J HP

A 10F move that in neutral’s use is designed mainly to push the opponent back whenever you want to zone again. Mostly used in combos only.

· J HK

People have been complaining about this move for an eternity. Its 9Whof move that allows conversion EVERYTIME. You air to air conversion IS this move. The move is so “good” you will every fukua from early retail to current retail Still place all their decisions in an air to air situation into landing this move. Blocked or chicken blocked the move is safe. The only thing that makes this move not broken is the fact that its made a mid-move. Which is one of the few jumping fierce normal that was made an mid move.

Specials

Platonic Drillationship

Platonic Drillationship will be your combo ender in all situations. L is 9 frames but the beauty of the move is that its +5 on hit. Which allows for either a throw or a low. M is 12 frames and allows +4 on hit. H is hit invincible and allows +3 on hit.

Forever a Clone L

Start up: 23-24F

Fukua’s fastest shadow move. You will be using this along with the other shadows. it’s a projectile so it does not cause upback, however it can catch people pressing buttons in the air. The move similar to cilia slide from double.

Forever a Clone M

Startup: 29-30F

Basically a shadow version of S hp. it has the best Hitbox for catching people air dashing. As a bonus it brings in the opponent closer. It also has the most range out of all the shadows

Forever a Clone H

Startup:30-31

This is fukua’s slowest shadow move and for good reason as its an overhead and it cannot be combo’d into. This is mainly for oki set ups it. This shadow’s range is also the shortest.

Special note: it can anti air in some instances

Love dart L/M/H

Startup: 12 frames

L: the fireball falls on the ground and bounces across the screen. Usually helpful for spacing and controlling how the opponent reacts.

M: Just flies straight across like ryu’s hadoken. Helpful for zoning.

H: flies at an arc and bounces one time. Also helpful for zoning.

Air firballs Startup frames: 11F

Air L fireball

L fireball is essientially your new way to cover the spot where fukua was weak which was right below you. L fireball is mostly used as a defensive tool or for crossover capabilities.

Air. M Fireball

M fireball is primarily used whenever your mid screen against the enemy.

Air Fireball H

H fireball is used primarily for when the opponent is at full screen.

Supers

Drill of My Dreams

Meter required: 1 bar

Start up: 8frames

Essientially this will be your combo ender for max damage.

Drill of Your Nightmare(Air Drill of my Dreams)

Just the air version of the Drill of my dreams. If you happened to reach max undizzy at your air string then by all means use this and DHC early so that you can save otg for another super for optimized damage.

Best Friends Forever

Start up: 36f

One of the two special that’s hit invincible and grab invincible. The down side is that its very very slow and can only be used on a hard read.

Blown Kiss

12F startup

Fireball super allows hard knockdown if you don’t use up your OTG. It also does A LOT of chip. So if you feel you want to pressure your opponent from afar then use this super since its win-win situation from a distance whether they blocked or got hit.

Air blown kiss LP+MP/MP+HP/LP+HP

Special note: none of the air fireball supers allow hard knockdown but they will allow combo potential in the corner.

This fireball goes directly below her. It does the same chip and damage as ground fireball super.

This is the LP + HP version and it goes straight across. Usually used whenever someone just want to jump at full screen or midscreen.

The trajectory of MP+HP is the same as air M fireball. Nothing real special about it.

Twice Shy

Meter required: 3bars

Twice shy is the 2nd super that’s hit invincible and Throw invincible. The hitbox on this super is horrendous that even at half screen if the enemy presses a button they get hit by this monstrosity. It’s a hitgrab as well.

Head over Heels

Meter required: 5 bars

Back when they released this move as her last super. Everyone scoffed at this move for its seemingly lackluster damage. This move costs 5 bars. The reason for this, is that although it uses up your whole meter it is a 5f grab and not only that. If you land the grab your combo will have 200% invert scaling. Which means your combo doubles in damage. This super is only be to be used if you want to be real hype OR if you’re one pixel away from death. Because this super is the ultimate high risk/ high reward and if you miss this super you essentially threw away all your options.

@Mr. X @CrackedMarbles
i completed the following
  • History/general overview​
  • Normals​
  • Specials​
Things i need to work on next
· Gameplan/neutral

· Combos

· Resets

· Burst baits

· Team viability

Fixed up some of the content and added start up frames to everything and also finisshed to go moves.
Cool, thanks. I'm intermediate & still trying to improve (weekends only- sigh). Fukua's my 2nd best character & a lot of fun.

Cool, thanks. I'm intermediate & still trying to improve (weekends only- sigh). Fukua's my 2nd best character & a lot of fun.
Yay another fukua player! this guide will ultimately be the Fukua Compendium that i envisioned. please stay tuned. it won't be much longer!

using parasoul again....how do people napalm so well underpressure?

It's just doing the flash kick when you think they will drop/reset. It's like mashing but you time it

@fenster
how the fuck do i shit on parasouls that napalm spam with copter?

that was entirely frustrating.

Superjumping helps a lot. Dunno how copter really specifically hurts since you'll just deal with it like any lockdown assist already and doesn't help para zoning in particular since you can just whack it when you jump in on her fireballs.

great news!

In this is the fukua guide still a work in progress HOWEVER you can comment on anything saying what you like or what needs fixed or w.e! Please help.

the things i have left to do is.

Burst baits
Resets
Team viability
and matchups

The formatting in this is so messy dude. Its so hard to read lol. Also I think the hit box pics and there subsequent titles should be on the same page (dont know if you plan on fixing that later on.) Alot of work needs to be done on the table of contents the indenting is all over the place. I hope your not thinking to yourself "get the fuck out of here Josh" (probably are.....oh well). Other than that the content is good (might want to use more visually appealing stuff for the inputs cause once again its kind of annoying to read in that format (yes Im wicked nit picky)

The formatting in this is so messy dude. Its so hard to read lol. Also I think the hit box pics and there subsequent titles should be on the same page (dont know if you plan on fixing that later on.) Alot of work needs to be done on the table of contents the indenting is all over the place. I hope your not thinking to yourself "get the fuck out of here Josh" (probably are.....oh well). Other than that the content is good (might want to use more visually appealing stuff for the inputs cause once again its kind of annoying to read in that format (yes Im wicked nit picky)
TLDR;

its the way the online word formatted them. not me. the hitbox pics will stay like that not of my choice.(you go into word and copy and paste pictures. ITS HARD DUDE!)

Tis the struggle of word to docs my man. I would suggest you make a PDF of the word document and post that instead of the goggle doc

Tis the struggle of word to docs my man. I would suggest you make a PDF of the word document and post that instead of the goggle doc
would it be editable? and plus you can leave comments so that i can re-format it accordingly. this is prolly the best way to go about this.

If you want that then I'm about to edit the hell out of this (don't mind me.... OCD ACTIVATE!!!)

If you want that then I'm about to edit the hell out of this (don't mind me.... OCD ACTIVATE!!!)
Hm..........i didn't allow editing.....*goes to activate editing* i put in the info. you format.
deal?

Edit: BE SURE TO CONSULT WITH ME AFTER YOUR CHANGES!

Ok think I'm done.....
Now Im done unless I missed something

Last edited:
Ok much better
Now when I do a val thing like this (If I ever get that good). I expect some help or something like that :)

Last edited:
Dear diary
I thought that nanman2 guy again kicked my ass again with me only winning 1 of those 5 matches but I learned a few things.
1. I feel like im making j.HP-M gato for a restand with Miss Fortune way harder than it should be.
2. I cant detect fuzzy guard setups to save my life
3. As an assist when eliza uses her skeleton form moves it doesnt drain meter. Good to know.
god I suck at this game

Dear diary
I thought that nanman2 guy again kicked my ass again with me only winning 1 of those 5 matches but I learned a few things.
1. I feel like im making j.HP-M gato for a restand with Miss Fortune way harder than it should be.
3. As an assist when eliza uses her skeleton form moves it doesnt drain meter. Good to know.
god I suck at this game
Wrong thread. Get out.

Dear diary
god I suck at this game
Um excuse me, this is FukuaTwerk's game play Diary. NOT YOURS. if you want to make a diary then go and open up your own personal thread.

SO done. Time to make myself the fukua that no one else can be
you better watch the throne cause I'm coming for dat shit. Just wait till I get that satsui no hado

I coulda told you that.
I once considered my team being Val (H bypass)/Bella(Diamond Drop)/Band (M A-Train). So gimicky.

Edit: dunno why I never tried it just for shits.

Ugh fedora the team sounds impossible no matter what you do you get grabbed that's so gross...........

what time was it for you both...

I cant even.jpg

you guys...

Reactions: Cadenza